Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

The Show 21

Video game themed message board
Tommy_Hawk

Re: The Show 21

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Baserunning in this games passes me off. Runner on first, I get a base hit into shallow right field over 2nd baseman's head. The runner on 1B, who's leading off the bag, will run back to 1B without me ever touching anything. Then he gets forced out when RF throws it to 2nd.

Yes, I know how to run bases–it's the same it's been the last 15 years. I just don't know why he auto runs back to 1B. It's a pretty obvious single.

This happened at 3B and 2B, guys getting doubled up. It's happened three times in one game. Pisses me off.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Herky

Post by Herky »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 12:44 am Baserunning in this games passes me off. Runner on first, I get a base hit into shallow right field over 2nd baseman's head. The runner on 1B, who's leading off the bag, will run back to 1B without me ever touching anything. Then he gets forced out when RF throws it to 2nd.

Yes, I know how to run bases–it's the same it's been the last 15 years. I just don't know why he auto runs back to 1B. It's a pretty obvious single.

This happened at 3B and 2B, guys getting doubled up. It's happened three times in one game. Pisses me off.
I'm a slacker and use auto base running for that reason you mentioned. Sometimes I'll switch to manual so I can steak a base but then go back to auto.
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

I had a hitting breakthrough. I switched teh camera from default to strikezone 2 and can time pitches much better now.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
Herky

Post by Herky »

Mandatory wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:22 pm I had a hitting breakthrough. I switched teh camera from default to strikezone 2 and can time pitches much better now.
I use The Show 15 view and love it. I'm mashing on Veteran on the Challenges and can even get the All-Star Challenges done.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Herky wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:49 am
Mandatory wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:22 pm I had a hitting breakthrough. I switched teh camera from default to strikezone 2 and can time pitches much better now.
I use The Show 15 view and love it. I'm mashing on Veteran on the Challenges and can even get the All-Star Challenges done.
What's the setting called–dynamic? Where it adjusts batting more difficult the more hits you get, then decreases it the more strikeouts you have? I don't mind that but hitting becomes either too easy or too difficult and it almost feels like the batter's attributes and the (cpu) pitcher's attributes don't matter, only the dynamic hitting difficulty.

Does the view make this more realistic? Are there online sliders you guys use like in Madden?

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:38 pm
What's the setting called–dynamic? Where it adjusts batting more difficult the more hits you get, then decreases it the more strikeouts you have? I don't mind that but hitting becomes either too easy or too difficult and it almost feels like the batter's attributes and the (cpu) pitcher's attributes don't matter, only the dynamic hitting difficulty.

Does the view make this more realistic? Are there online sliders you guys use like in Madden?
Also, to piggyback off this, I'm still caught up on the baserunning. I hate getting thrown-out at 2nd on a short single to rignt field. It pisses me off. It's like the game doesn't want you to ever small-ball it by scoring runs on singles strung together.

Herky

Post by Herky »

Yeah it adjusts the difficulty up or down depending on how you do.

These are the sliders I use. I don’t swing until I see a strike.

https://forums.operationsports.com/foru ... iders.html
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Herky wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:15 am

Yeah it adjusts the difficulty up or down depending on how you do.

These are the sliders I use. I don’t swing until I see a strike.

https://forums.operationsports.com/foru ... iders.html
I hate dynamic.. because I feel it just waffles you between too hard and too easy. Frankly, I think hitting in this game is always going to come down to a RNG but at least you can try to give yourself the best chance. I've always struggled with low pitches and sitting back on off speed. The change in strikezone has absolutely solved my timing issue, which allows me to focus more on pitch selection.

#BaltimoreStrong
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Started a franchise with the A's and the Ridin trade deadline rosters. Only three games in but it's a lot of fun. Not great pitching but manageable and their lineup is a lot of fun.

I just beat the Astros 11-10. I was down 9-3 but scored 5 in the 7th and 3 in the 8th to take the lead. Felt good and fairly "organic".

#BaltimoreStrong