Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

The Show 21

Video game themed message board
Straight Edge Raven

The Show 21

Post by Straight Edge Raven »

Coming to XBOX this year! Cross platform play. Sony getting that sweet nectar.
Slava Ukraini
The dildo of consequences rarely arrives lubed
Cobey
Trouble

Re: The Show 21

Post by Cobey »

Think I might buy this one when it comes out. I think I've done everything I would want to with 19 at this point.

I would have impulse bought it last week, but didn't realize they hadn't released it yet until I didn't see it at Target.
Herky

Post by Herky »

It's going to be on XBOX Game Pass day 1.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Abe Froman wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:32 am Just happy to be able to even see what all the hubbub is about with this game. That's all
You have never played the show?
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Abe Froman wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:53 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:25 pm
Abe Froman wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:32 am Just happy to be able to even see what all the hubbub is about with this game. That's all
You have never played the show?
Nope.
Great game. I have spent many hours with it over the last decade and a half.

If you have a tv with any sort of latency you will have a hell of a time online though. The timing swing at pitches can be off.

One year I hooked my PS3 into a tube tv because they don't have any latency and I was in the top 100 leader board all summer. Had a serious advantage lol. I guess it's impossible to beat Mike Tyson on Tysons punch out on modern tvs also. An expert with the game couldn't do it.

I haven't played this game in years though now. It's a really good sports game, I would say the best but it hasn't changed hardly at all in a LONG time. Sort of how I feel with NBA 2K. If you havew played it though, you will really like it.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Herky

Post by Herky »

It's awesome. I've bought it every year since 14. If you like baseball you'll love the game. Even the side games to collect historic players is fun and I hate that feature in Madden.
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

I loved 19 and skipped 20. I'll be getting this for the ps5, can't wait :beer:
salamander

Post by salamander »

I had The Show during the Mauer years. My buddy always had the 2k series. (I think 2k13 was the last year?)

2K was way better pitching so I preferred that game but everything else was pretty similar.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

Just preordered it and downloaded the Jackie Robinson version for the ps5. Will be playing tomorrow night at 11pm, if I'm not in bed. :beer:
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Has anyone traded Sano for someone that doesn't strike out every other time up yet?
Let's get Tropical
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

I'm excited to see what the Twins can do when they dont pitch hit 3 times each game and allow some starters to pitch more than 85 pitches
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

Played through a few innings of the intro game that it puts you in to configure your controls and stuff last night.

So far, aside from the updated rosters, doesn't really seem much different than 19 and the differences at this point are mostly annoying.
Herky

Post by Herky »

Cobey wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:20 pm Played through a few innings of the intro game that it puts you in to configure your controls and stuff last night.

So far, aside from the updated rosters, doesn't really seem much different than 19 and the differences at this point are mostly annoying.
Did you create a stadium yet?
Bunker Inspector

Post by Bunker Inspector »

Oh my god, I wish I had the time anymore to indulge in this. Between work, girlfriend, and life in general, games have really gotten the squeeze.

You get so emotional baby

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

I guess I need to download this. My kid's friends all have it and they play each other. Better than him playing Fall Guys all night
My body, my choice.
salamander

Post by salamander »

I'm having a ton of fun but am really struggling with the base running. Making everyone run is easy but making 1 person run sucks.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

salamander wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:02 pm I'm having a ton of fun but am really struggling with the base running. Making everyone run is easy but making 1 person run sucks.
I do the computer assist on the baserunning. Making everyone run on what is going to clearly be a base hit is annoying as hell.
Herky

Post by Herky »

salamander wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:02 pm I'm having a ton of fun but am really struggling with the base running. Making everyone run is easy but making 1 person run sucks.
I always do Auto. Baserunning has always sucked in that game.
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

tied ball game, bottom of the 9th with a man on 1st and 3rd....nobody out

Josh Donaldson at the plate. Foolishly, I choose to steal 2nd after a pickoff attempt, yet I take a cut at a fastball at the top of the zone, middle of the plate.

High fly ball to right field, should be deep enough to end the game. Apparently the guy on 3rd also took off and I didn't realize it until the ball was caught. Triple. Fucking. Play.

And this is how I ended up losing my first game in my Franchise season.
Herky

Post by Herky »

I heard this was crashing like crazy in franchise. Anyone having that issue?

I see a patch was just released but didn't heard if it fixed it.

I'm about another patch away from getting it.
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

Herky wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:49 am I heard this was crashing like crazy in franchise. Anyone having that issue?

I see a patch was just released but didn't heard if it fixed it.

I'm about another patch away from getting it.
I haven't played it as much as I would like to this point, but Franchise has been probably 95% of what I've done thus far and I've had no issues with crashing

I have the physical copy for PS4 though, if that matters. :shrug:
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

I bought it and feel like there is actually a slight noticeable upgrade in the visuals this year. Game looks and feels great as always.

I do think batting is still fucked if you don't use the analog swing control which I refuse to do. Wish they would flesh out the legacy batting controls because I feel like it's just chance where the ball goes, even if you make great contact.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

And march to october is still underwhelming. If only they'd let you manage the roster a bit more. I tried doing one with the Padres and my first 3 game game instances were all coming in to the top of the 7th with Darvish throwing a no hitter. Dumb.

#BaltimoreStrong
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Also, I always used the Ridin rosters from Operation Sports and didn't see them in teh vaults yet this year. That sucks because the default rosters have always been awful.

#BaltimoreStrong
Herky

Post by Herky »

Mandatory wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 12:42 pm Also, I always used the Ridin rosters from Operation Sports and didn't see them in teh vaults yet this year. That sucks because the default rosters have always been awful.
They are there.

Online ID: RidinRosters

Having issues finding the roster, go to the Create button at the top right, then go to Vaults. Hit the R1 button until you see Roster, then hit the square button to search. Find RidinRosters and change the search from name to Online ID and hit square to search.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

How is the XBOX version? Last one I had was '19 on PS4, obviously.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

Anyone notice that the ability to change the throwing decision in the fielding is way more sensitive than it was? I've had a few plays get fucked up and turn into inside the park homers because of it
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Just picked this up today for XBox and am about to start playing it now. Family is in town for my Niece's graduation, so I gifted my PS4 to my nephew and upgraded him from a Xbox 360, and got him Far Cry 5 plus all my other PS4 games.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
shatminster fuller

Post by shatminster fuller »

So I'd like to pick this up, but how hard is it to get to a reasonable level? Sad to admit, but I've been playing FIFA for years, and I blow. I'll always blow. How does this compare in terms of reaction times, complexity, coordination, etc.
Salut les Terriens!
La culture domine tout, elle est la condition sine qua non de notre civilisation…
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

shatminster fuller wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 10:27 am So I'd like to pick this up, but how hard is it to get to a reasonable level? Sad to admit, but I've been playing FIFA for years, and I blow. I'll always blow. How does this compare in terms of reaction times, complexity, coordination, etc.
I love Fifa.. to this day only play it on Pro. I don't like my video games to be super hard.

You can play this game on easy if you want. There's all kinds of sliders and difficulty settings that people tweak but it's not at all necessary. Just understand you'll never get a true simulation experience. But you'll still have fun.

#BaltimoreStrong