Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

What are you playing right now?

Video game themed message board
Nobody

Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by Nobody »

Got stuck on the latest God of War, so went back to playing the latest Tomb Raider to try to get 100% in all the regions.
B-Town

Post by B-Town »

Playing RDR2 right now. It took me quite a while to get into it but I'm happy with how it's progressing now. I also still play a lot of Rocket League - the game is just really fun and it's easy to get in a few rounds when you don't have much time.

I have the 2nd Tomb Raider and will probably play that next. South Park too - tried getting into it once but couldn't. Will try again sometime this year.
Dayman, Fighter of the Nightman.

Stup up, Abe!
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Playing Super Smash Bros and Diablo 3 on Switch, Assassin's Creed Origins on PS4, and started Shadows of War on PC.

The switch is so damn easy to just pick up and play, this is what Xbox and PS lack, instant playability and couch multiplayer.
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

Playing Pillars of Eternity 2, it's a good game! I don't always like isometric games but this one is pulling me in.
mlhouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:52 pm Einstein has his area of expertise, I have mine.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Abe Froman wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:12 am
LordNu wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:55 pm Playing Super Smash Bros and Diablo 3 on Switch, Assassin's Creed Origins on PS4, and started Shadows of War on PC.

The switch is so damn easy to just pick up and play, this is what Xbox and PS lack, instant playability and couch multiplayer.
It's pretty fun, especially considering it's mobile, but doesn't it just get pretty repetitive? I mean, I played some of the first Diablo, but then skipped the 2nd. I remember liking it more than this. Just me?
Diablo 2 I played a hell of a lot years ago, with friends mind you. I think due to it being an easy multiplayer game in PC during the first multiplaying days for the PC made it enjoyable. In fact, the first game I ever played online was the first Diablo games demo.

But yeah, repetitive, but easy to play on switch with GF.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Lot's of froobs with wife/GFs that play. Cool stuff. :thumbsup:
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Abe Froman wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:05 pm
LordNu wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:06 pm
Abe Froman wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:12 am

It's pretty fun, especially considering it's mobile, but doesn't it just get pretty repetitive? I mean, I played some of the first Diablo, but then skipped the 2nd. I remember liking it more than this. Just me?
Diablo 2 I played a hell of a lot years ago, with friends mind you. I think due to it being an easy multiplayer game in PC during the first multiplaying days for the PC made it enjoyable. In fact, the first game I ever played online was the first Diablo games demo.

But yeah, repetitive, but easy to play on switch with GF.
I feel like you are bragging about having friends.
On the internet, everyone is your friend ;)
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Apex Legends
Mutant Year Zero
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Herky

Post by Herky »

Assassin's Creed Odyssey
B-Town

Post by B-Town »

I got a game called Treasure Stack on XBL yesterday. I know people that made it, so I wanted to show support. I'm not good at it, at all, but it's a cool concept. Check it out if you can and support a local business!

Stup up, Abe!
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

I downloaded the darthmod mod for Napoleon Total War. Love it.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

I bought AC Origins for cheap started that. Not super into it yet.

XCOM 2: War of the Chosen. I have now beat this game 3 damn times. I love it. It just totally speaks to my tactical sensibilities and scratches that itch so well.

Transistor. Only Supergiant game I never played. I'm rectifying that now.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Herky

Post by Herky »

AC Odyssey- 81% done with the main story. Currently a level 53.

MLB The Show 19- Started a dynasty with the Cubs.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Herky wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:42 am AC Odyssey- 81% done with the main story. Currently a level 53.

MLB The Show 19- Started a dynasty with the Cubs.
FWIW, the road to October is really sweet. Makes the idea of playing a whole season a lot less of an undertaking.

#BaltimoreStrong
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Days Gone and Frostpunk

#BaltimoreStrong
B-Town

Post by B-Town »

YBBR wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:20 pm I bought AC Origins for cheap started that. Not super into it yet.

XCOM 2: War of the Chosen. I have now beat this game 3 damn times. I love it. It just totally speaks to my tactical sensibilities and scratches that itch so well.

I tried to play XCom: Enemy Unknown. I loved the game, but it was so glitchy. Enemies would disappear from the screen mid battle then reappear 2 turns later right next to one of your guys. It was so frustrating. Is this one more polished?

Stup up, Abe!
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

B-Town wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:47 pm
YBBR wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:20 pm I bought AC Origins for cheap started that. Not super into it yet.

I tried to play XCom: Enemy Unknown. I loved the game, but it was so glitchy. Enemies would disappear from the screen mid battle then reappear 2 turns later right next to one of your guys. It was so frustrating. Is this one more polished?
Better, but still has it's fair share of problems. I think it's just the nature of those games. Not to excuse the bugs because they can be a bit too much.
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

Mordhau. It's a lot of fun but it's also really difficult if you didn't play Chivalry.
mlhouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:52 pm Einstein has his area of expertise, I have mine.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

zeitgeist wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 1:40 am Mordhau. It's a lot of fun but it's also really difficult if you didn't play Chivalry.
It's like Mount and Blade as well yeah?
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

LordNu wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 1:47 am
zeitgeist wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 1:40 am Mordhau. It's a lot of fun but it's also really difficult if you didn't play Chivalry.
It's like Mount and Blade as well yeah?
Sort of. I love Mount and Blade but this is strictly a multiplayer medieval game. It can be played in first or third person but it's best played in first person. The combat system is really great though and there's a ton of depth so there's a bit of a steep learning curve to be competent at it.
B-Town

Post by B-Town »

YBBR wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:36 pm
B-Town wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:47 pm

Better, but still has it's fair share of problems. I think it's just the nature of those games. Not to excuse the bugs because they can be a bit too much.
After reading your post and writing my reply yesterday, I did a little research on this game. It sounds like the PC version is good, but the console versions are pretty buggy. My only PC hardware is a Surface Go, so it looks like I might have to pass on this game, which sucks, because I love the game play of the XCom games.

Stup up, Abe!
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

Okay, I'm pretty addicted to Mordhau right now, this is one of the best melee combat systems I've ever played.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Beat God of War. My only complaint: it's not long enough! And yes, I did pretty much all of the side quests before finishing it.

Amazing level design. Story was predictable, but the actual bonding between Artreus and Kratos meant the story didn't have to matter too much, as that was the main focus.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

LordNu wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 9:36 pm Beat God of War. My only complaint: it's not long enough! And yes, I did pretty much all of the side quests before finishing it.

Amazing level design. Story was predictable, but the actual bonding between Artreus and Kratos meant the story didn't have to matter too much, as that was the main focus.
All the character moments really felt real. They were well fleshed out. And how about Mimir? He's pretty great during that game.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

I'm playing AC Origins: Bayek Egypt Cop
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

I did hate the Freya turn at the end. I thought that kind of went against the character. One of my complaints. But overall yeah, that game was fun as hell. How about going down the river back to your house for the blades? Damn that scene blew me back.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

YBBR wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 9:46 pm I did hate the Freya turn at the end. I thought that kind of went against the character. One of my complaints. But overall yeah, that game was fun as hell. How about going down the river back to your house for the blades? Damn that scene blew me back.
And the having Athena come back to him. It was tops! And yes, Mimir made the game a whole lot better. The banter from Atreus as well is really good, so when you're travelling to places, it doesn't feel too much of a grind.

Did you end up going home and sleeping after ending the game??
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

YBBR wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 9:44 pm I'm playing AC Origins: Bayek Egypt Cop
See I did the reverse and played ACO then GoW. GoW was so much better. Loved Anicient Egypt though.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

LordNu wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 11:47 pm
YBBR wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 9:44 pm I'm playing AC Origins: Bayek Egypt Cop
See I did the reverse and played ACO then GoW. GoW was so much better. Loved Anicient Egypt though.
I like the setting a lot. It can get a bit repetitive, but still having fun with it.
Herky

Post by Herky »

Jumped back into Uncharted 4 after a year long break. Not into other games and just forgot about this.

Currently on chapter 12. I love these games so much.