Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

What are you playing right now?

Video game themed message board
YBBR

Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by YBBR »

I'm having a decent amount of fun. Just like open world fun. But yeah, the characters, man, so flat. Boozer? Deacon? Not a ton going on with them.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

YBBR wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:04 am I'm having a decent amount of fun. Just like open world fun. But yeah, the characters, man, so flat. Boozer? Deacon? Not a ton going on with them.
I found it hilarious, the way Deacon St John starts grumbling after you pass an infested area sounds ridiculous when you don't eve know its there. It is wooden in part, but it gets a bit better. I think it is simply a fun game that holds a hell of a lot of potential. I found it WAY more enjoyable than Last of Us 2.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

LordNu wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:28 am
YBBR wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:04 am I'm having a decent amount of fun. Just like open world fun. But yeah, the characters, man, so flat. Boozer? Deacon? Not a ton going on with them.
I found it hilarious, the way Deacon St John starts grumbling after you pass an infested area sounds ridiculous when you don't eve know its there. It is wooden in part, but it gets a bit better. I think it is simply a fun game that holds a hell of a lot of potential. I found it WAY more enjoyable than Last of Us 2.
"God damn Rippers... murderers, thieves, I got a kill em all and make sure no one escapes alive!"

Dude what? Wheres this camp oh it's about 200 meters away over these hills that you couldnt possibly see over but okay.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

YBBR wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:48 pm
LordNu wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:28 am
"God damn Rippers... murderers, thieves, I got a kill em all and make sure no one escapes alive!"

Dude what? Wheres this camp oh it's about 200 meters away over these hills that you couldnt possibly see over but okay.
Lol, you get me!
salamander

Post by salamander »

LordNu wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 7:16 pm
salamander wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 9:00 pm Got Spiderman Miles Morales with my PS5, just fired it up. Never been a big Spiderman guy but it's pretty fun.
I'm actually playing the PS4 Spiderman game atm. its basically a Batman Arkham type game.
I never played that one, but this storyline is clearly a continuation of that one. Agreed as well.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
salamander

Post by salamander »

YBBR wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 7:16 pm Days Gone. I don't care about any of these characters at all. They're all cardboard. I like riding my bike. That's about it.
Just got this for free on PSN. Pretty stoked to fire it up once I'm done with Spiderman and Code Zein.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

salamander wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 12:59 pm
YBBR wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 7:16 pm Days Gone. I don't care about any of these characters at all. They're all cardboard. I like riding my bike. That's about it.
Just got this for free on PSN. Pretty stoked to fire it up once I'm done with Spiderman and Code Zein.
It's getting better. It's open world stuff with a bike and zombies. The story is not good so far, I don't like any of the characters. Not really anybody. I like riding my bike and shooting zombies though.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Abe Froman wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 1:49 pm
YBBR wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:11 pm
salamander wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 12:59 pm

It's getting better. It's open world stuff with a bike and zombies. The story is not good so far, I don't like any of the characters. Not really anybody. I like riding my bike and shooting zombies though.
This is also fun in real life.
This is North Dakotan's for you. :roll:
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

I'm playing Wreckfest right now, free ps5 game this month. It's great! Demolition derby / racing game. Highly recommend :beer:
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

Still playing CK3.. nothing but CK3. Love it. I've also dabbled a little in Anno 1800 and MLB The Show.

Started playing Kingdome Come Deliverance, Watch Dogs Legion and AC Valhalla again but all three petered out in a few weeks. Just hard to stay hooked once you've got like 30 hours in.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Heroes of Might and Magic 3 with the Horn of the Abyss mod. Amazing what the community has done with the game.

Spiderman and MK11on ps4.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Rusty Kuntz wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 8:41 am I'm playing Wreckfest right now, free ps5 game this month. It's great! Demolition derby / racing game. Highly recommend :beer:
Was eyeballing it for awhile. N64 had a few great demo derby games. You put me over the top and I bought it. Its a fun time waster. Thanks!
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

Playing the most recent God of War right now. Holy shit is this game fun.
Herky

Post by Herky »

Jimi_Thing wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:32 am Playing the most recent God of War right now. Holy shit is this game fun.
I still need to finish that.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Jimi_Thing wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:32 am Playing the most recent God of War right now. Holy shit is this game fun.
They announced the next one will be on PS4 as well. If it and the new Horizon Zero are on PS4, no need for me to upgrade for a while. Those two games make the console.
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

LordNu wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:58 pm
They announced the next one will be on PS4 as well. If it and the new Horizon Zero are on PS4, no need for me to upgrade for a while. Those two games make the console.
Yep. I’m a Ratchet and Clank fan also but there’s no need to rush to play them.
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

Just finished the most recent God of War on the playstation. Went through the story mode rather quickly on my first run through and took my time with the 'plus mode' and finished it again. I can't kill those fucking Valkyries though. It's fucking impossible. I somehow beat 1 of them but that one would be a heavy favorite if there was ever a rematch.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Jimi_Thing wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:19 am Just finished the most recent God of War on the playstation. Went through the story mode rather quickly on my first run through and took my time with the 'plus mode' and finished it again. I can't kill those fucking Valkyries though. It's fucking impossible. I somehow beat 1 of them but that one would be a heavy favorite if there was ever a rematch.
All a matter of "reading" them and reacting.

Can't wait for the new one to be released!

As for the main purpose of this thread: playing Red Dead Redemption II atm.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

I may or may not be playing Genshin Impact. Don't judge me!
salamander

Post by salamander »

Jimi_Thing wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:19 am Just finished the most recent God of War on the playstation. Went through the story mode rather quickly on my first run through and took my time with the 'plus mode' and finished it again. I can't kill those fucking Valkyries though. It's fucking impossible. I somehow beat 1 of them but that one would be a heavy favorite if there was ever a rematch.
Don't play FromSoftware games. They'd be too hard for you.
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

I downloaded a bunch of creation club mods for Fallout 4. I never actually played through to the Institute parts in previous playthroughs so I'm hoping to do that this time. Having a lot of fun. Still also playing Crusader Kings III. I'm obsessed with that game.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

Evil Within 2. I buzzed through part one one the easy setting just to get through it. Taking my time playing this one on normal mode. Fun game, challenging enough for me. Probably pick up the newest Resident Evil game after this.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Jimi_Thing wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:51 pm Evil Within 2. I buzzed through part one one the easy setting just to get through it. Taking my time playing this one on normal mode. Fun game, challenging enough for me. Probably pick up the newest Resident Evil game after this.
Thought it was overlooked. I liked it a pretty good bit. I think Tango Gameworks did a real good job with this game. Their new game Ghostwire Tokyo still looks pretty hype.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Help! I can't get into Red Dead Redemption II. It doesn't do anything for me. Am I a bad person?

Also started playing Grimdawn on PC. Not a bad diablo clone.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

LordNu wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:04 pm Help! I can't get into Red Dead Redemption II. It doesn't do anything for me. Am I a bad person?

No. What's your problem with it? If it's because it's too slow and shambling you might as well stop now because that is that game for however many hours.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

YBBR wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:25 pm
LordNu wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:04 pm Help! I can't get into Red Dead Redemption II. It doesn't do anything for me. Am I a bad person?

No. What's your problem with it? If it's because it's too slow and shambling you might as well stop now because that is that game for however many hours.
I don't think it's that, rather I just am not excited about anything in it. I also find the controls far too annoying at times. Other people say it just takes a while.

Maybe I should give Genshin Impact a try...
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

LordNu wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:34 pm

I don't think it's that, rather I just am not excited about anything in it. I also find the controls far too annoying at times. Other people say it just takes a while.

Couldn't get in to it at all.

This is coming from someone that completes every Rock Star game and I like the first Red dead. Many people thought it sucked.

The controls are unresponsive and the game felt like a slow, plodding chore.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:24 am

This is coming from someone that completes every Rock Star game and I like the first Red dead. Many people thought it sucked.

So it's not just me. I only eve heard people rave about it.

How far did you get?
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

LordNu wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:13 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:24 am

So it's not just me. I only eve heard people rave about it.

How far did you get?
A few hours in and I stopped playing.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

YBBR wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:31 pm
Jimi_Thing wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:51 pm Evil Within 2. I buzzed through part one one the easy setting just to get through it. Taking my time playing this one on normal mode. Fun game, challenging enough for me. Probably pick up the newest Resident Evil game after this.
Thought it was overlooked. I liked it a pretty good bit. I think Tango Gameworks did a real good job with this game. Their new game Ghostwire Tokyo still looks pretty hype.
Just finished it part 2. Fun game but didn’t care for the 1/2 hour movie at the end. Christ.