Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

What are you playing right now?

Video game themed message board
LordNu

Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by LordNu »

Anyone tried Genshin Impact? I gave it a few hours and intend to get back into it as I want to play multiplayer with my gf.

We are also playing Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity as a couch co-op atm.

Did anyone else find Ghost of Tsushima got really boring after hitting the third part of the map?
salamander

Post by salamander »

Been hooked on Rogue Company and I just fired up Dark Souls 3 recently.

DS3: I never got around to making a character that uses the Sellsword T Winblades but tons of people in the SoulsBorne community just rave about them. I really gotta say, they smack enemies around like a mofo. It's a fun character build for sure. dex Dex DEX babay!

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

salamander wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:33 am Been hooked on Rogue Company and I just fired up Dark Souls 3 recently.

DS3: I never got around to making a character that uses the Sellsword T Winblades but tons of people in the SoulsBorne community just rave about them. I really gotta say, they smack enemies around like a mofo. It's a fun character build for sure. dex Dex DEX babay!

Sellsword is amazing. Easily the best weapon in game, not really close. The variations of the twin swords are great too, like the one form the carthus enemies that give bleed. Obadachi and Uniri or whatever it is, is really fun too.

Think i have 500+ hours on DS3. It's the easiest to just jump in and dick around on relative to DS1 or 2 or BB or Sekiro.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Moses Scurry wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:36 am
salamander wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:33 am Been hooked on Rogue Company and I just fired up Dark Souls 3 recently.

Sellsword is amazing. Easily the best weapon in game, not really close. The variations of the twin swords are great too, like the one form the carthus enemies that give bleed. Obadachi and Uniri or whatever it is, is really fun too.

Think i have 500+ hours on DS3. It's the easiest to just jump in and dick around on relative to DS1 or 2 or BB or Sekiro.
Damn. I think I have about that many hours on Bloodborne but maybe like 100+ on DS3. The twinblades style is legitimately a game changing way of playing almost. So fun.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

salamander wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:37 pm

Damn. I think I have about that many hours on Bloodborne but maybe like 100+ on DS3. The twinblades style is legitimately a game changing way of playing almost. So fun.
I still think the greatest think they've done in their games is put in those secret areas that are nearly impossible to find and they don't care if you do find them: Arch dragon peak in ds3 and the place where logarius is in BB. Buddy gave me a hint, path of the dragon. When it took me there, I've never been so happy.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Beat Ghost of Tsushima... Bit let down. Chose what I think was the most appropriate ending...

What to play now??? I have a lot of games stockpiled. Will get back to you.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

LordNu wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:50 pm Beat Ghost of Tsushima... Bit let down. Chose what I think was the most appropriate ending...

Just wasn't the game I was looking for or thought they were making. They made a Japanese set Assassin's Creed. I thought they were going for something a little more in depth with the story and mechanics. Not as arcade and power fantasy something slower, more grounded. Half RPG, half action game. That was the impression I got when they were pitching that game.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

YBBR wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:07 pm
LordNu wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:50 pm Beat Ghost of Tsushima... Bit let down. Chose what I think was the most appropriate ending...

Just wasn't the game I was looking for or thought they were making. They made a Japanese set Assassin's Creed. I thought they were going for something a little more in depth with the story and mechanics. Not as arcade and power fantasy something slower, more grounded. Half RPG, half action game. That was the impression I got when they were pitching that game.
Yeah I don't know what I was expecting. The combat was great to start with, but then you start demolishing enemies, and it never really hit any particular stride. It is definitely a Japanese AC though, 100%.

Ahh well.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

I watched a bunch of game play and it felt very American. It was Japanese American, not Japanese Japanese. Looked more like a hack and slash than a tight combat system. Dang, those graphics looked good though. Graphics almost look to good now, I like a little cartoon in my games.
j2j

Post by j2j »

Just started SWTOR, never played before. Not typically a huge video game person, but if you have free options you'd recommend trying out, I might find time.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

j2j wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:26 pm Just started SWTOR, never played before. Not typically a huge video game person, but if you have free options you'd recommend trying out, I might find time.
What are you into? Is that an MMO?

This company makes a lot of free MMOs. https://www.arcgames.com/en/games

Champions Online is actually a really fun super hero game, you just run out of content. But if you don't play much, might be worth looking at.
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online

I think Neverwinter is free and a solid dungeons and dragons type game.
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter
j2j

Post by j2j »

Moses Scurry wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:51 pm
j2j wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:26 pm Just started SWTOR, never played before. Not typically a huge video game person, but if you have free options you'd recommend trying out, I might find time.

Champions Online is actually a really fun super hero game, you just run out of content. But if you don't play much, might be worth looking at.

Not really into anything, honestly. I get bored quickly. Mostly sports games or wrestling games when I used to play.

I downloaded Neverwinter off Steam the other day when I grabbed SWTOR.

If I play non-sports stuff I like when there's a story or character I already know. So Star Wars, DC, Marvel, or classic video game type stuff is good.
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Ok, wasn't sure. If you want a gateway drug, you could always try...https://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/374320/ Put some hair on your balls.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Moses Scurry wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:51 pm
salamander wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:37 pm

I still think the greatest think they've done in their games is put in those secret areas that are nearly impossible to find and they don't care if you do find them: Arch dragon peak in ds3 and the place where logarius is in BB. Buddy gave me a hint, path of the dragon. When it took me there, I've never been so happy.
I'm kind of amazed that they stick SO MUCH time into completely miss-able areas. Most games those would be a tiny area. It just confirms that level design in SoulsBorne games are legitimately some of the best video gaming has to offer.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

j2j wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:38 am
Moses Scurry wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:51 pm

Not really into anything, honestly. I get bored quickly. Mostly sports games or wrestling games when I used to play.

I downloaded Neverwinter off Steam the other day when I grabbed SWTOR.

If I play non-sports stuff I like when there's a story or character I already know. So Star Wars, DC, Marvel, or classic video game type stuff is good.
I feel like Rocket League is always a good option. It's free now and they try and hit you for microtransactions or whatever, but it went free to play and it's just a quick hitter because the games last 5 minutes and it's freaking car soccer.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

Play Dota 2 if you're looking for a free game.
Mandatory wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:07 pm Crusader Kings 3. I can't stop. I've never seen a game that has this much replicability. Still recommend it to anyone new to the franchise.
It is pretty brilliant, there's really not much else like it on the market and a lot more approachable than CK2.
mlhouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:52 pm Einstein has his area of expertise, I have mine.
JackSpit

Post by JackSpit »

During the pandemic my 5 year old got Deadpool in Lego Marvel Superheroes. I helped a little here and there, but that is a fun game for kids!

Now he is deep into Minecrap. The graphics just irritate me as an old man. I don't see the attraction?
JackSpit

Post by JackSpit »

Abe Froman wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:49 am
JackSpit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:56 am During the pandemic my 5 year old got Deadpool in Lego Marvel Superheroes. I helped a little here and there, but that is a fun game for kids!

Now he is deep into Minecrap. The graphics just irritate me as an old man. I don't see the attraction?
Minecraft is like interactive video Legos. If you remember liking Legos as a kid, imagine having unlimited pieces and you already get the appeal.
That makes sense! Also makes sense why I just can't get into it. I feel like if it had realistic graphics and I could build stuff it would be more interesting, but then I guess it just becomes SimCity.

I used to love Madden, but they have kind of messed it up and made it too complicated for old folks. Red Dead Redemption 2 was fun, but sometimes missions felt like work. Except playing cards or hunting. I may have reached that age group where video games are just not as fun as they used to be.

I do like the Star Wars games.
Herky

Post by Herky »

My epic un-modded Fallout 4 game on Xbox One continues. 72 percent done with the story but focusing on settlement building. Currently have all the settlements unlocked except Bunker Hill which I will do that quest tonight. Outfitting all my settlers with similar weapons and armor. Road leathers with leather armor (Minutemen paint) for the males, and black vault suits with leather armor (Minutemen paint) for females. Any named character with a settlement gets a black vault suit with combat armor (Minutemen paint). Most all have a combat rifle with a long barrel, full stock, bayonet, and Minutemen paint. If you just give settlers 1 round of any gun, they have unlimited ammo. So they all have 1 round of .45 ammo too.

I'm trying to side with the Minutemen right now. Being cool to the Railroad and just using the Brotherhoods for quests.

The Castle has been walled off, and I added barracks to the top, an armory to the top back, and a bar with lights and seating in the back ground level. Have plans to make other areas specialized. Murkewater Construction Site has a bunch of large water pumps to farm purified water, and all the farms have tons of corn, muitfruit, and tomatoes to turn into vegetable starch, which is then broken down for adhesive. I have tons of caps from making Jet and selling them by the loads. All my farms have a lot of Brahman troughs which will make fertilizer. I've been collecting lots of bones too and at a chem station at Sanctuary you can make Jet with that. Can easily craft up 25-30 pieces of Jet and then turn around and sell it for caps. Going to make a factory inside the Vault settlement for various items to sell. I read lunchboxes are one of the fastest ways to make money. I have a vast stash of ammo thanks to an ammo factory I put in the middle of Sanctuary. I can just put 1,000 items in there and let it run, do some missions, and come back and collect a ton of ammo. .45 I have over 9,000 round right now.

Stats so far are the following. I have not done any DLC and will when beat the main game but I am taking my time there.

Level 89
225 quests completed
297 locations discovered
72% game progress.
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

My nephew who I talk gaming with brought over his PS4 and Last of Us 2 to play. He wants it back in a week or so. Looks like weed and vids are on the agenda tonight. Not the worst way to spend a Friday evening.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Herky wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:24 pm My epic un-modded Fallout 4 game on Xbox One continues. 72 percent done with the story but focusing on settlement building. Currently have all the settlements unlocked except Bunker Hill which I will do that quest tonight. Outfitting all my settlers with similar weapons and armor. Road leathers with leather armor (Minutemen paint) for the males, and black vault suits with leather armor (Minutemen paint) for females. Any named character with a settlement gets a black vault suit with combat armor (Minutemen paint). Most all have a combat rifle with a long barrel, full stock, bayonet, and Minutemen paint. If you just give settlers 1 round of any gun, they have unlimited ammo. So they all have 1 round of .45 ammo too.

I'm trying to side with the Minutemen right now. Being cool to the Railroad and just using the Brotherhoods for quests.

The Castle has been walled off, and I added barracks to the top, an armory to the top back, and a bar with lights and seating in the back ground level. Have plans to make other areas specialized. Murkewater Construction Site has a bunch of large water pumps to farm purified water, and all the farms have tons of corn, muitfruit, and tomatoes to turn into vegetable starch, which is then broken down for adhesive. I have tons of caps from making Jet and selling them by the loads. All my farms have a lot of Brahman troughs which will make fertilizer. I've been collecting lots of bones too and at a chem station at Sanctuary you can make Jet with that. Can easily craft up 25-30 pieces of Jet and then turn around and sell it for caps. Going to make a factory inside the Vault settlement for various items to sell. I read lunchboxes are one of the fastest ways to make money. I have a vast stash of ammo thanks to an ammo factory I put in the middle of Sanctuary. I can just put 1,000 items in there and let it run, do some missions, and come back and collect a ton of ammo. .45 I have over 9,000 round right now.

Stats so far are the following. I have not done any DLC and will when beat the main game but I am taking my time there.

Level 89
225 quests completed
297 locations discovered
72% game progress.
So that's what you've been doing. I always see you playing FO4. Sounds like a badass setup you have going on.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Herky wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:24 pm My epic un-modded Fallout 4 game on Xbox One continues. 72 percent done with the story but focusing on settlement building. Currently have all the settlements unlocked except Bunker Hill which I will do that quest tonight. Outfitting all my settlers with similar weapons and armor. Road leathers with leather armor (Minutemen paint) for the males, and black vault suits with leather armor (Minutemen paint) for females. Any named character with a settlement gets a black vault suit with combat armor (Minutemen paint). Most all have a combat rifle with a long barrel, full stock, bayonet, and Minutemen paint. If you just give settlers 1 round of any gun, they have unlimited ammo. So they all have 1 round of .45 ammo too.

Level 89
225 quests completed
297 locations discovered
72% game progress.
Give us what we really want to know. How man hours?
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Herky

Post by Herky »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:45 am

Level 89
225 quests completed
297 locations discovered
72% game progress.
So that's what you've been doing. I always see you playing FO4. Sounds like a badass setup you have going on.
I mixed in a little Madden but I'm all in on FO4 right now.
Herky

Post by Herky »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:07 am

Level 89
225 quests completed
297 locations discovered
72% game progress.
Give us what we really want to know. How man hours?
Not sure on the hours on this save. Xbox only tracks lifetime min played for the game total.
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

Played the Chivalry 2 beta for awhile, was loads of fun, looking forward to the full release in June.
mlhouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:52 pm Einstein has his area of expertise, I have mine.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Got Spiderman Miles Morales with my PS5, just fired it up. Never been a big Spiderman guy but it's pretty fun.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

salamander wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 9:00 pm Got Spiderman Miles Morales with my PS5, just fired it up. Never been a big Spiderman guy but it's pretty fun.
I'm actually playing the PS4 Spiderman game atm. its basically a Batman Arkham type game.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Days Gone. I don't care about any of these characters at all. They're all cardboard. I like riding my bike. That's about it.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

YBBR wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 7:16 pm Days Gone. I don't care about any of these characters at all. They're all cardboard. I like riding my bike. That's about it.
Have you started taking on the swarms yet?
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

LordNu wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:15 pm
YBBR wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 7:16 pm Days Gone. I don't care about any of these characters at all. They're all cardboard. I like riding my bike. That's about it.
Have you started taking on the swarms yet?
I beat one of them. I cheesed it pretty hard because it was the one in the caves with the Nero injector. I had one molotov and one pipe bomb. Threw those suckers in there proceeded to kite the rest around pop focus shoot a few keep running and repeat. I'm doing stuff for Iron Mike a bit now. I probably need something other than my shotgun or semi auto rifle to take them down consistently. Something automatic.