Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

What are you playing right now?

Video game themed message board
YBBR

Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by YBBR »

Jimi_Thing wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:53 am Downloaded "Yakuza: Like a Dragon" last night. Looking forward to playing the hell out of it this week. The fighting is now turn based RPG combat which I'm looking forward to.

Anyone play this one yet?
I have not, but strap the fuck in.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

Everyone, stop what you're doing and download CK3 NOW. I can't even describe it. You just have to experience it.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Mandatory wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:04 pm Everyone, stop what you're doing and download CK3 NOW. I can't even describe it. You just have to experience it.
What is CK3?
Let's get Tropical
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

jffl_commish wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:49 pm
Mandatory wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:04 pm Everyone, stop what you're doing and download CK3 NOW. I can't even describe it. You just have to experience it.
What is CK3?
Crusader Kings 3

#BaltimoreStrong
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Mandatory wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:01 pm
What is CK3?
Crusader Kings 3
I played number 2 and was confused by the whole thing.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

LordNu wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:34 pm
Mandatory wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:01 pm

What is CK3?
Crusader Kings 3
I played number 2 and was confused by the whole thing.
I'm currently the Duchy of Burgundy and I'm building up to the crusades. Only about 20 years left.

I just married my 3rd son to a petty French nobleman with the congenital traits pretty and GIANT! Also +10 stats for each trait. Hoping to breed some super soldier/chancellors!

This is the most difficult game I've ever learned to play but it was completely worth it.

Edit: I see a lot of folks online say they played CK2, didn't really "get it", and have absolutely loved this one. FWIW>

"It's the most beginner friendly game Paradox has ever made and it's mechanics have been streamlined from CK2 to make it much more accessible to people. It's still a Paradox game though, so there's going to be a learning curve, but it has a good tutorial, a suggestions notification always telling you things you can be doing, and tooltips that are made for beginners."

#BaltimoreStrong
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

Just got Fifa 21 for the ps5 at 75% off, $19.99 :beer:
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

RE2 Remake
Cuphead
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

YBBR wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:51 am RE2 Remake
Cuphead
Cuphead is so good. Loved that game. Wish the DLC would actually come out.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

YBBR wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:39 pm
Jimi_Thing wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:53 am Downloaded "Yakuza: Like a Dragon" last night. Looking forward to playing the hell out of it this week. The fighting is now turn based RPG combat which I'm looking forward to.

I'm absolutely loving this game and can see why it was in the conversation for GOY by many. The turned based RPG fighting they switched over to is awesome. The side stories/missions are incredibly fun and pretty funny. If this game had better side games than their version of chess, mahjong, etc. I would give it a 10/10.

If anyone is looking for a game, I highly recommend.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Jimi_Thing wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:39 pm
YBBR wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:39 pm

I'm absolutely loving this game and can see why it was in the conversation for GOY by many. The turned based RPG fighting they switched over to is awesome. The side stories/missions are incredibly fun and pretty funny. If this game had better side games than their version of chess, mahjong, etc. I would give it a 10/10.

If anyone is looking for a game, I highly recommend.
Yakuza is crazy. I heard this one especially is extremely over the top and wild. The summoning of all those side mission goofball characters.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

I beat the RE2 remake. Very good game. Had a lot of fun with 7 when I played that and this one. I like what they're pitching with Village too with werewolves and vampires and more mythical monster angle.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Crusader Kings 3. I can't stop. I've never seen a game that has this much replicability. Still recommend it to anyone new to the franchise.

#BaltimoreStrong
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Ghost of Tsushima.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Beat Cuphead. The Queen Bee and the damn robot gave me a lot of trouble. Took me time to dial those fights in. The King Dice fight was awesome. I liked the stage play too, that one was super creative.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Cuphead top fights

King Dice - The one negative about this fight is not knowing any of his patterns when you finally reach him from the dice game. The rest of this fight is so crazy cool and fun with all the other bosses.

Grim Matchstick - This fight is really fun except the third stage of it is a motherfucker. He has a great design and it's the best scrolling level by a mile.

Sally Stageplay - Pretty easy fight considering what you had to beat to get here, but 4 act play that tells a story I love the cardboard meteor and lightning in the third phase. Some of that stuff is just great.

Dr. Kahl's Robot - Hardest fight in the game for me. The first two phases are expertly designed though allowing you to attack him in any order in phase one. Those damn homing bombs with the laughing face. Phase 3 is just a grueling bullet hell.

Tied for 5th Baroness Von Bon Bon and Ribbey & Croaks
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

I’m not playing nothin!! Xbox Live is down and I can’t play Yakuza. I can’t recommend this game enough.
salamander

Post by salamander »

I've heard it scratches that Alpha Centauri itch.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Tried to play Control because they gave it away this month on PS Plusz but you can't play that game on a base PS4. Its too many particles and flying debris and enemies. Game just chugs way too bad. Will play that game when I get a next gen console and the performance is better.

Playing Superhot Mind Control Delete.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

salamander wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:32 am
I've heard it scratches that Alpha Centauri itch.
Alpha Centauri is more of an RTS I believe while this is Grand Strategy, but I believe they're in the same universe. RTS was what peaked my interest in Hearts of Iron IV and now CK3.

CK3 is apparently very beginner friendly compared to their other games. It's the only I've played, so I can't speak to that specifically, but I have loved every second. It's the only game I've been playing for about a month. Endless replayability.

#BaltimoreStrong
B-Town

Post by B-Town »

I'm playing Oblivion in Xbox Game Pass. I never got through it when it was out. It's been a ton of fun so far - 8 hours in.
Dayman, Fighter of the Nightman.

Stup up, Abe!
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

YBBR wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:17 pm Cuphead top fights

King Dice - The one negative about this fight is not knowing any of his patterns when you finally reach him from the dice game. The rest of this fight is so crazy cool and fun with all the other bosses.

Grim Matchstick - This fight is really fun except the third stage of it is a motherfucker. He has a great design and it's the best scrolling level by a mile.

Sally Stageplay - Pretty easy fight considering what you had to beat to get here, but 4 act play that tells a story I love the cardboard meteor and lightning in the third phase. Some of that stuff is just great.

Dr. Kahl's Robot - Hardest fight in the game for me. The first two phases are expertly designed though allowing you to attack him in any order in phase one. Those damn homing bombs with the laughing face. Phase 3 is just a grueling bullet hell.

It's been a few years since I played through this so I can't remember every boss of the top of ky head but Grim Matchstick, if that's the dragon, was by far the hardest boss for me. I hated that fucker took many tries.

I also hated the pirate in the ship.

I wish the DLC would actually come out. It's been delayed for years now.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

So, there is this game, Dragon's Dogma, that tanked when it came out but got a cult following on Steam. I bought it.

It's basically Skyrim/Morrowind in 3rd person in more the dark souls combat but 15% as good as dark souls games.

I kind of hate it, but I played for 6 hours last night and maybe kind of get it and growing on me. The controls seem clunky, button layout is dumb but there is a ton to do, you get two help npc's that you can swap out any time.

And i think this is the kicker, not sure I understand it complete: People can borrow your secondary character when you're offline. It's kind of neat.
Herky

Post by Herky »

Moses Scurry wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:04 am So, there is this game, Dragon's Dogma, that tanked when it came out but got a cult following on Steam. I bought it.

It's basically Skyrim/Morrowind in 3rd person in more the dark souls combat but 15% as good as dark souls games.

I kind of hate it, but I played for 6 hours last night and maybe kind of get it and growing on me. The controls seem clunky, button layout is dumb but there is a ton to do, you get two help npc's that you can swap out any time.

And i think this is the kicker, not sure I understand it complete: People can borrow your secondary character when you're offline. It's kind of neat.
I played it on 360 when it came out. I liked it a lot but then it got pretty repetitive and I just went ahead and beat it. The characters you can use are pretty cool.
Herky

Post by Herky »

B-Town wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:54 pm I'm playing Oblivion in Xbox Game Pass. I never got through it when it was out. It's been a ton of fun so far - 8 hours in.
I put so many hours into that game on 360.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Herky wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:43 am
Moses Scurry wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:04 am So, there is this game, Dragon's Dogma, that tanked when it came out but got a cult following on Steam. I bought it.

I played it on 360 when it came out. I liked it a lot but then it got pretty repetitive and I just went ahead and beat it. The characters you can use are pretty cool.
I could see that. I'm just going to wonder around, see what crazy adventures I can stumble into.

Can you two player co-op or anything? Be fun to have a friend in game instead of a NPC.
Herky

Post by Herky »

Moses Scurry wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:51 am
Herky wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:43 am

I could see that. I'm just going to wonder around, see what crazy adventures I can stumble into.

Can you two player co-op or anything? Be fun to have a friend in game instead of a NPC.
No co-op, just the Pawn system where you can recruit other people's players.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:08 am

It's been a few years since I played through this so I can't remember every boss of the top of ky head but Grim Matchstick, if that's the dragon, was by far the hardest boss for me. I hated that fucker took many tries.

Yep, he was the dragon. His 3rd phase is fucked. I had plenty of tries where I'd get to the 3rd phase with 2 or 3 health and you'd still be dead in 10 seconds into that phase because of those fireballs and how they split.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

YBBR wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:04 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:08 am

Yep, he was the dragon. His 3rd phase is fucked. I had plenty of tries where I'd get to the 3rd phase with 2 or 3 health and you'd still be dead in 10 seconds into that phase because of those fireballs and how they split.
Ya that part pissed me the fuck off. I spent more time on that part than any part of the game.

It's been so long since I played it that I can't remember all the bosses. That one with the candy was kind of hard.

I absolutely fucking loved this game. Top 3 of the gen and in my top games of all time.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Yakuza Kiwami 2 I'm playing on Game Pass.

Went back and started playing Lost and the Damned again also lately.

Just finished Tell Me Why.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master