Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

What are you playing right now?

Video game themed message board
LordNu

Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by LordNu »

Abe Froman wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:59 pm
LordNu wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:58 pm
Abe Froman wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:37 pm
Have you killed every spider on the continent yet?
Depends, what do you consider as part of the continent?
The land air and water that is was and has always been Australia.
Oh yeah, all good mate! Shall we chuck some more meat on the barbie for you then?
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Abe Froman wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:02 am
LordNu wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:45 pm
Abe Froman wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:59 pm

The land air and water that is was and has always been Australia.
Oh yeah, all good mate! Shall we chuck some more meat on the barbie for you then?
Yes, absolutely, but it HAS to be spider meat. I don't transcontinent otherwise.
Otherwise you'll be incontinent, I get it.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Abe Froman wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:08 am
LordNu wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:03 am
Abe Froman wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:02 am

Yes, absolutely, but it HAS to be spider meat. I don't transcontinent otherwise.
Otherwise you'll be incontinent, I get it.
:lol:

My vengeance will be swift....

Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

I bought PES2020.. because I can't wait for FIFA20. I wish I hadn't... I'll probably play it like twice more and never again.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
Vendetta11

Post by Vendetta11 »

Still playing SWTOR... because, Star Wars is awesome. Looking forward to Cyberpunk though.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Vendetta11 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:37 pm Still playing SWTOR... because, Star Wars is awesome. Looking forward to Cyberpunk though.
Cyberpunk is the first game I am looking forward to getting ASAP since Witcher 3.

It just looks so freaking good!
Winston

Post by Winston »

I shelved Tales for now and am playing Zelda BOTW

Just started again. On the plateau looking to kill a boar and catch a fish...
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

I beat Remnant: Feom the Ashes. Cool game. Lots left to see still with the random bosses and story events.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Winston

Post by Winston »

Winston wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:56 pm I shelved Tales for now and am playing Zelda BOTW

So after failing to kill a boar in Zelda, (I'll have to hook to a TV as my old eyes can barely see the boars) I took a break and surfed the web. I download the demo for A Plague Tale on the PC. And wouldn't you know, after hitting apples with my sling, I'm tasked with killing a wild boar with it. I SMH said fuck this shit and went to bed.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Winston wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:14 pm
Winston wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:56 pm I shelved Tales for now and am playing Zelda BOTW

So after failing to kill a boar in Zelda, (I'll have to hook to a TV as my old eyes can barely see the boars) I took a break and surfed the web. I download the demo for A Plague Tale on the PC. And wouldn't you know, after hitting apples with my sling, I'm tasked with killing a wild boar with it. I SMH said fuck this shit and went to bed.
Wild boars are freaking annoying in Assassin's Creed Odyssey. They knock you off your horse and can inflict a hell of a lot of damage if your not careful.

In Florence (Firenze) we get our revenge, as the main pasta is Cinghiale Ragu (Wild Boar!)!
Winston

Post by Winston »

LordNu wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:48 pm

Wild boars are freaking annoying in Assassin's Creed Odyssey. They knock you off your horse and can inflict a hell of a lot of damage if your not careful.

In Florence (Firenze) we get our revenge, as the main pasta is Cinghiale Ragu (Wild Boar!)!
After I killed one and got the glider, I went to kill the rock monster with my hammer and shot 2 boars on the way. The hammer broke on my very next encounter. =/

I'm investing in fire arrows right now as I can't seem to keep a good weapon as they break faster than I can acquire them. I only have 5 or 6 hearts, so just starting yet...
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Winston wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:24 pm
LordNu wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:48 pm

After I killed one and got the glider, I went to kill the rock monster with my hammer and shot 2 boars on the way. The hammer broke on my very next encounter. =/

I'm investing in fire arrows right now as I can't seem to keep a good weapon as they break faster than I can acquire them. I only have 5 or 6 hearts, so just starting yet...
Yeah I am not a fan of everything breaking all the time.
Norn_Iron

Post by Norn_Iron »

Borderlands 3 - loving it
Self praise is no praise. But i am pretty great...
salamander

Post by salamander »

Enjoying the Borderlands 3 area in Fortnite.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

Just started playing Fallout 4 about a week ago.
TrueBlue

Post by TrueBlue »

NBA 2K20 on Switch!

(sometimes on PS4 too I guess?)
Spoiler:
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

FIFA20 releases today if you bought the ultimate editions! Hell yeah!

#BaltimoreStrong
B-Town

Post by B-Town »

What's the scoop on the new Borderlands game? Reviews seem to be good for the most part. The only bad thing I'm hearing is that it's basically the same as past versions, just better graphics. Anyone have a review?
Dayman, Fighter of the Nightman.

Stup up, Abe!
Chet Manly

Post by Chet Manly »

YBBR wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:22 pm Slay The Spire. Really fun game. Addicting card based roguelike.
Second. This game is the best $20 I’ve spent in quite awhile.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

FIFA20 is out.. for anyone interested, it's much better than PES20. I wish I could return that pile of garbage.

Waiting for Ghost Recon Breakpoint to release.. hoping it's as fun as Wildlands was.. which I of course need to go back and finish at some point.

Been playing a lot of Total War on PC.

Also need to go back and finish:
RDR2
AC Odyssey
Far Cry 5/New Dawn
Ghost Recon Wildlands
Hitman 2
RAGE 2
Kingdom Come - DLCs
AC III Remastered
AC Rogue Remastered
Watch Dogs 2

#BaltimoreStrong
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Chet Manly wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:56 pm
YBBR wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:22 pm Slay The Spire. Really fun game. Addicting card based roguelike.
Second. This game is the best $20 I’ve spent in quite awhile.
Super addicting game. :thumbsup:
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

B-Town wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:06 am What's the scoop on the new Borderlands game? Reviews seem to be good for the most part. The only bad thing I'm hearing is that it's basically the same as past versions, just better graphics. Anyone have a review?
I preordered it for my brother for his birthday, and he really likes it. He said that its basically the same template as before, but it has a few changes and better everything. Im going to see him soon and play it with him so Ill know more then.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
B-Town

Post by B-Town »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:21 am
B-Town wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:06 am What's the scoop on the new Borderlands game? Reviews seem to be good for the most part. The only bad thing I'm hearing is that it's basically the same as past versions, just better graphics. Anyone have a review?
I preordered it for my brother for his birthday, and he really likes it. He said that its basically the same template as before, but it has a few changes and better everything. Im going to see him soon and play it with him so Ill know more then.
Sounds great. Thanks. I have enough of a backlog where it's probably smart for me to wait on this and get it once the price comes down.

Finally getting into Rise of the Tomb Raider. I really like what they've done with the current iteration of this series. It's like Uncharted, but with acceptable camera angles. I'll probably get the 3rd game, at some point.

Stup up, Abe!
salamander

Post by salamander »

B-Town wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:51 am
Sounds great. Thanks. I have enough of a backlog where it's probably smart for me to wait on this and get it once the price comes down.

Finally getting into Rise of the Tomb Raider. I really like what they've done with the current iteration of this series. It's like Uncharted, but with acceptable camera angles. I'll probably get the 3rd game, at some point.
nope nope nope. I love Uncharted but Uncharted is like Tomb Raider. Not the other way around.

Agreed though, this newest update to the games has been stellar. I wish they'd put a little more into the tombs though.
Bigger, grander. JAZZ HANDS!! That type of thing.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
B-Town

Post by B-Town »

salamander wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:12 am

nope nope nope. I love Uncharted but Uncharted is like Tomb Raider. Not the other way around.

Agreed though, this newest update to the games has been stellar. I wish they'd put a little more into the tombs though.
Bigger, grander. JAZZ HANDS!! That type of thing.
I get it that the original Tomb Raider games started the genre, but the actual game play that we have today is basically a carbon copy of how Uncharted interpreted the genre almost a decade earlier.

Stup up, Abe!
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Ghost Recon Breakpoint.

It's better than Wildlands.. I like the locale and enemies a lot more. A lot of bitching online about it being too easy. I play on Normal and it's pretty easy.. but I like it that way. A game this big, I don't want every fight to be a slog.

Two main differences from Wildlands that haven't bothered me but probably will others. No AI teammates, yet at least. Apparently they're still in development so you either play with real folks online or you're going solo. But it's definitely not difficult playing solo. Equipment and weapons are now loot based.. in that you get them from drops/crates or purchase at the basecamp store. You've got your Blues/Green/Grays.. and it all adds up to a level total. It's not implemented nearly as badly as other games and it's not hard to level up. And if you really like a gear combination you have the ability to set a cosmetics override where you can pick your look even if your actual gear is different. Sucks having to get used to a new gun every 15-20 mins though as you get a lot of loot quite often.

#BaltimoreStrong
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Okay. So... my brother got rid of internet a couple months ago, so he hasn't downloaded any updates. Point being, this game lags a shit ton on Co-op. Every time we got into a big firefight, or were on a certain planet with weird lighting effects, the game fucking lags like a mo'fucker. It got really annoying.

However, I think they have a download for that. I dont know. I played a little solo, and it was much better. I dont know about online and if it lags there.

Other than that, the game is fun, the story is good, the characters are funny. The segway from 2/Presequel - 3 is good. It's pretty light so you can put it down easily and jump back in later. This probably benefits the replayability after you beat the game to keep playing. I would recommend playing this gane, although I've only played and beat the Presequel and B2 once each, so im not oversaturated with the franchise myself.

You could probably wait awhile before getting it. Nothing game-changing about it, just a few tweaks and upgrades to the gameplay, and of course the graphics.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
B-Town

Post by B-Town »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:12 pm

Okay. So... my brother got rid of internet a couple months ago, so he hasn't downloaded any updates. Point being, this game lags a shit ton on Co-op. Every time we got into a big firefight, or were on a certain planet with weird lighting effects, the game fucking lags like a mo'fucker. It got really annoying.

However, I think they have a download for that. I dont know. I played a little solo, and it was much better. I dont know about online and if it lags there.

Other than that, the game is fun, the story is good, the characters are funny. The segway from 2/Presequel - 3 is good. It's pretty light so you can put it down easily and jump back in later. This probably benefits the replayability after you beat the game to keep playing. I would recommend playing this gane, although I've only played and beat the Presequel and B2 once each, so im not oversaturated with the franchise myself.

You could probably wait awhile before getting it. Nothing game-changing about it, just a few tweaks and upgrades to the gameplay, and of course the graphics.
Great detail. Thank you so much. I'll probably take your advice and grab it once the price comes down.

I'm know I'm late to the party, but Rise of the Tomb Raider is excellent. I'm probably 2/3 of the way through and it's tough to put the controller down.

Stup up, Abe!
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

I just picked up Witcher 3 complete for my Nintendo Switch. Got the day off today. Looking forward to playing it in a little bit.

Any tips for a new player?
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Jimi_Thing wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:46 am I just picked up Witcher 3 complete for my Nintendo Switch. Got the day off today. Looking forward to playing it in a little bit.

Any tips for a new player?
Maybe take the next three months off.