Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

What are you playing right now?

Video game themed message board
YBBR

Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by YBBR »

Persona 5 Impressions:

Main Cast:
Joker/Terry Ryoko - Lives in coffee shop attic. Dating punk rock doctor. Hit a Home Run at the batting cages once.
Ryuji - For Real!? Pretty good for a best bud. Gets too much hate from the group. Best voice actor too. Hates cops and shitty adults.
Morgana - Meh. Like his healing spells. He's a talking cat. Always telling me to go to sleep, Acting bitchy lately.
Ann - She's okay. Ann is perfectly fine. Likes shopping and food and modeling.
Yusuke - Sucks. One dimensional art snob.
Makoto - Probably the deepest character of the group. She's the brains, but can be a bit too preachy. Very kind. Her persona is a motorcycle.
Futaba - Good. I literally thought my game crashed when she first broke in and used a spell on my party. Sojiro's adopted daughter. Hacker.
Haru- New. She seems very timid. Hard to get a read on her yet.

Other Confidants:
Sojiro - Starts off as a huge piece of shit. We're cool now. Good dad. I live in the attic of his coffee shop.
Akechi - Fuck this guy. He's not cool. Jumps to conclusions for being a kid detective. Asshole.
Takemi - Punk rock doctor who acts tough but just wants to cure kids and see them smile. She's nice.
Kawakami - Bad teacher and a very bad naughty maid, but gives me massages and does my laundry and makes lockpicks for me.
Yoshida - Man of the people. Sticks to his beliefs. Is a good dude...for a politician. Will apparently meet me at the top of the mountain.
Ohya - DRUNK!!!!!!!
Sae - Detective. Makoto's sister. She's a huge bitch. Called her sister dead weight who is at the top of her class and the student council president.
Iwai - Sells me guns. Has "the good shit" from America.
Chihaya - Sold me a 100,000 Yen fortune stone made of rock salt. Yep, The most crooked fortune teller.
Mishima _ I want to punch this nerd's lights out.
Hifumi - Shogi Warrior Princess.
Shinya - Foul mouth kid who can shoot a laser pistol. Wears a cool hat,
Igor - Truly a fucking creep. In control of my "rehab." Lives in my heart?
Justine & Caroline - Have never spoken to me, only yelled at me. Also live in my heart?
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

I appreciated the Ocean's Eleven-esque/Inception twist in Persona 5. They didn't quite pull it off, and it made very little sense despite them trying to explain it from 3 different angles. They make you not only complicit in the act but the mastermind behind despite you not knowing what the fuck is going on because well...drugs.

It was fun to see them try to explain it to the player (me) despite not seeing any of this previously and you trying to piece it all together. About the rules of cognition in the metaverse which are pretty hazy to begin with and how we exploited the fuck out of them.

It was real dumb. In a good way.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
salamander

Post by salamander »

I'm still playing Fortnite. Fuck this game dude. I'm so far behind after being stuck on this fucker for over a year now.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Still playing Shadows of War till I complete the DLC. Mortal Kombat XL with gf. Breath of Wild I have left for a little bit.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

I looked at Outward Abe for splitscreen couch co-op. It got dreadful reviews!

Playing:
Assassin's Creed Odyssey;
Farcry 4;
Mortal Kombat XL;
Conan Unconquered;
tried Yakuza 0 on the weekend but found it a bit slow to start - also didn't save game....

I feel bad for not getting into Breath of the Wild. It just isn't grabbing my attention much.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Abe Froman wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:12 am
LordNu wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:37 pm I looked at Outward Abe for splitscreen couch co-op. It got dreadful reviews!

Playing:
Assassin's Creed Odyssey;
Farcry 4;
Mortal Kombat XL;
Conan Unconquered;
tried Yakuza 0 on the weekend but found it a bit slow to start - also didn't save game....

I feel bad for not getting into Breath of the Wild. It just isn't grabbing my attention much.
Huh, I've heard nothing but good reviews for it. It's an indie game so I leave a little room for some issues. I think the only knock on it is that it's hard, but it's supposed to be hard.
I went to metacritic and read the reviews on there. Not that its bad, but isn't as intriguing as it could be I think was the main criticism.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Abe Froman wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:36 pm
LordNu wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:02 pm
Abe Froman wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:12 am

Huh, I've heard nothing but good reviews for it. It's an indie game so I leave a little room for some issues. I think the only knock on it is that it's hard, but it's supposed to be hard.
I went to metacritic and read the reviews on there. Not that its bad, but isn't as intriguing as it could be I think was the main criticism.
Hmm... Well I like it. Though, I've been completely immersed in Super Mario RPG the past 4 days. Super good game that I can't believe I never played before.
Maybe I should play my mini SNES... But I just bought another freaking load of games for PS4! What is wrong with me?!?! I am an addict!

Spent $460 in the last two months with all these sales.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Oxygen Not Included
Dead Cells
Resident Evil 7
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

YBBR wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:17 pm Oxygen Not Included
Dead Cells
Resident Evil 7
You LOVE Dead Cells!
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

LordNu wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:57 pm
YBBR wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:17 pm Oxygen Not Included
Dead Cells
Resident Evil 7
You LOVE Dead Cells!
They updated it with new stuff. It is amazing. 4 boss cells is way harder now than it was before. They added that huge giant boss fight and the cavern area with new enemies. I think that game is a masterpiece. It feels sooooo good to play.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Picking up stuff from the back catalog.

Beat RE7 recently was good. I think I liked The Evil Within 2 better, but this was quality. RE7 and the OG RE2 being the only biohazard games I beat.

Played through Rogue Legacy. Probably THE game for bringing rogue likes and rogue lites back to popularity. I enjoy those types of games.

Looking at Yakuza 0, The Phantom Pain or probably Furi to wrap up next.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Borderlands 2 & Presequel. This game is just plain fun. Best $20 I've spent on a game in years! Cant wait for Borderlands 3 to come out.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
B-Town

Post by B-Town »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:18 am Borderlands 2 & Presequel. This game is just plain fun. Best $20 I've spent on a game in years! Cant wait for Borderlands 3 to come out.
I have both of these for 360. I actually never even opened the Presequel. It was a gift that I got right before I got an XB1. I should play through these, and the 2nd and 3rd Tomb Raider games. I just don't get time to do these types of things anymore.
Dayman, Fighter of the Nightman.

Stup up, Abe!
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

B-Town wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:30 pm
Tommy_Hawk wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:18 am Borderlands 2 & Presequel. This game is just plain fun. Best $20 I've spent on a game in years! Cant wait for Borderlands 3 to come out.
I have both of these for 360. I actually never even opened the Presequel. It was a gift that I got right before I got an XB1. I should play through these, and the 2nd and 3rd Tomb Raider games. I just don't get time to do these types of things anymore.
It's old-school, light, addicting gaming fun. Plus, the creators speak your language so it's like being right at home brother.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

I bought Remnant: From The Ashes. Pretty forgettable name, but the game is kinda nest. 3rd person shooter dark souls vibe. Kinda metal.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Humble Bundle had an RPG bundle with Tyranny and Pillars of Eternity for $4.13USD. Not sure I will ever play, but they are rated fairly highly and come up a fair bit when RPGs are discussed.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Abe Froman wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:25 pm ...
Super Mario RPG - Wii U through the virtual Console
Nice! I have it for Super Nintendo still. One of my all time favorite games.
You'll need to level up Princess Peach if you want to beat the Final Fantasy styled, secret boss. (This is a Square game)
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Abe Froman wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:32 am
salamander wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:30 am
Abe Froman wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:25 pm ...
Super Mario RPG - Wii U through the virtual Console
Nice! I have it for Super Nintendo still. One of my all time favorite games.
You'll need to level up Princess Peach if you want to beat the Final Fantasy styled, secret boss. (This is a Square game)
I have it on SNES too, but I didn't want to hook all that shit up again. It's cheap enough on the Wii u, and it's nice to play on the gamepad while the wife watches smut on the tv.
Perfect.
Winston

Post by Winston »

Tales of Vesperia -Switch

We'll see. Tales and JRPG games, in general, are a hit and miss with me. I'll love one, then I may not be motivated enough to grind when I hit that wall I'm not leveled or specced for. I've played some Tales games that I will beat in days, and others I will shelf after a few hours play.
salamander

Post by salamander »

AC Origins. I just got some kind of weird Chocobo Camel thing as a mount. Also got the Ultima sword from some guy who looked like the bad guy in FF15. I didn't realize chocobos existed in ancient Egypt and that the Ultima sword was also from Egypt.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Abe Froman wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:19 am
salamander wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:41 am AC Origins. I just got some kind of weird Chocobo Camel thing as a mount. Also got the Ultima sword from some guy who looked like the bad guy in FF15. I didn't realize chocobos existed in ancient Egypt and that the Ultima sword was also from Egypt.
Oh there were Chocobos back in those days, my friend. They were called terror birds 🐦, and they stalked the plains thare now desert in flocks searching for life to become it's next meal...

Or... They just had a collaboration with Square Enix that you can read about on Google. They also brought in a Leviathan 🐟 and unicorn 🦄 that are unlockable.
I did a report on terror birds in the 5th grade. Ferocious beasts!
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

salamander wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:41 am AC Origins. I just got some kind of weird Chocobo Camel thing as a mount. Also got the Ultima sword from some guy who looked like the bad guy in FF15. I didn't realize chocobos existed in ancient Egypt and that the Ultima sword was also from Egypt.
Yeah is was some weird crossover. I ended up using the Chocobo the whole time.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Playing Remnant: From The Ashes. It's 40 bucks and kind of feels like a really good B game in some ways. A dark souls third person shooter B game. You dont really see any B games much anymore. It's either a AAA huge title or small indies. Where have all the B games gone!!

But the shooting feels really good. The enemies really stagger back when you shoot em.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

YBBR wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:42 pm Playing Remnant: From The Ashes. It's 40 bucks and kind of feels like a really good B game in some ways. A dark souls third person shooter B game. You dont really see any B games much anymore. It's either a AAA huge title or small indies. Where have all the B games gone!!

But the shooting feels really good. The enemies really stagger back when you shoot em.
I don't even know what constitutes a B title anymore. You're right, it's either AAA or indie.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

LordNu wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:44 am
YBBR wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:42 pm Playing Remnant: From The Ashes. It's 40 bucks and kind of feels like a really good B game in some ways. A dark souls third person shooter B game. You dont really see any B games much anymore. It's either a AAA huge title or small indies. Where have all the B games gone!!

I don't even know what constitutes a B title anymore. You're right, it's either AAA or indie.
I guess the economics of game development kinda squeezed out those mid tier studios that would make all those types of games. Which kinda sucks.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Abe Froman wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:19 am
Oh there were Chocobos back in those days, my friend. They were called terror birds 🐦, and they stalked the plains thare now desert in flocks searching for life to become it's next meal...

Or... They just had a collaboration with Square Enix that you can read about on Google. They also brought in a Leviathan 🐟 and unicorn 🦄 that are unlockable.
Oooo, I totally heard about those terror birds.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Abe Froman wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:40 pm Supposedly the last of the Terror Birds were around when humans were making there way into the habitats they occupied...

I seriously would be so pissed off if after surviving Cave Bears, Short Faced Bears, Huge Lizards, Sloths with 15" claws, Dire Wolves, Mammoths, Sabertooth Tigers, big fucking Crocodiles, and Megalodon...

This thing did me in...

:lol: That would be the most anticlimactic ending to such a thrilling story. You should pitch this as a movie.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Abe Froman wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:40 pm Supposedly the last of the Terror Birds were around when humans were making there way into the habitats they occupied...

I seriously would be so pissed off if after surviving Cave Bears, Short Faced Bears, Huge Lizards, Sloths with 15" claws, Dire Wolves, Mammoths, Sabertooth Tigers, big fucking Crocodiles, and Megalodon...

This thing did me in...

Lol? You serious? You haven't heard of the cassowary?

They still attack people all the time. They can do mighty damage with their talons.

Come to Australia!!
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Abe Froman wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:42 pm
LordNu wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:37 pm

This thing did me in...

Lol? You serious? You haven't heard of the cassowary?

They still attack people all the time. They can do mighty damage with their talons.

Come to Australia!!
A terror bird was like that on copious amounts of roids and crack. I guess.... The head of the terror bird was fucking enormous compared to any modern day bird. Like Little Person dinosaurs with beaks.

Honestly, they would have been terrifying, but in my mind's eye, they just seem so stupid.

You just stick to your giant poisonous spidersaurs, no need to corner the market on deadly birds too.
Well, we do share them with Papua New Guinea, so we can't claim they are all ours.

When are you planning your trip? Come in February when the Aus Open is on. 46C (115 farenheit) some days. You'll love it!!
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Abe Froman wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:37 pm
LordNu wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:50 pm
Abe Froman wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:42 pm

A terror bird was like that on copious amounts of roids and crack. I guess.... The head of the terror bird was fucking enormous compared to any modern day bird. Like Little Person dinosaurs with beaks.

Honestly, they would have been terrifying, but in my mind's eye, they just seem so stupid.

You just stick to your giant poisonous spidersaurs, no need to corner the market on deadly birds too.
Well, we do share them with Papua New Guinea, so we can't claim they are all ours.

When are you planning your trip? Come in February when the Aus Open is on. 46C (115 farenheit) some days. You'll love it!!
Have you killed every spider on the continent yet?
Depends, what do you consider as part of the continent?