Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

What are you playing right now?

Video game themed message board
YBBR

What are you playing right now?

Post by YBBR »

We needed a catch all thread to discuss crap we are playing. Hence, this thread!
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
YBBR

Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by YBBR »

I beat Steamworld Dig 2 the other day. Really good game, digging and selling ore and gems feels very satisfying. The upgrades are great. I just wish it was a bit longer. Took me about 8 hours to beat it.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Kingdom - as of the last few days. Otherwise I beat both Force unleashed games - needed some Star Wars action after Last Jedi - Half Life 2 : Downfall - fan made game, HL3 will come one day :/
Herky

Post by Herky »

Battlefront II
Assassins Creed Origins
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

Golf Story RPG and Zelda on the Switch.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

I wish I had a Switch to play Zelda on. That game seems very up my alley.

Lots of good word of mouth around Assassins Creed Origins. I'm not a typically a fan of that series either, but this one seems different enough and resides in a pretty cool world.
ILLogic

Post by ILLogic »

PUBG
Battlefront 2
Rocket league
Civ 6
ive spent the last few years building up an immunity to iocane powder
dapperathy

Post by dapperathy »

The Division, Euro Truck Simulator 2, and Steep

Just picked up Divinity: Original Sin 2 and Civ 6, so those will probably take up most of my gaming time for the next few months.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Madden 18 then maybe Nioh or Okami

Taking a break from Horizon before I finish the expansion.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

A lot of Fifa... I'm in a rut. I can't wait for Far Cry 5 and RDR2...

I should be playing:
AC Origins
Wildlands
Fallout 4
Mass Effect
COD WW2
BF1
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Going to finish up Pyre and move on to Yakuza 0 or The Evil Within 2. Dropped them both for some other games I wrapped up in last year.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

I really should be working on my work (writing and music)rather than playing games. I just can't stop!

That freaking Kingdom: New Lands is too addictive. I may have to just never touch it again. I did that with Civilization 5.
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

Abe Froman wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:25 pm
Jimi_Thing wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:58 pm Golf Story RPG and Zelda on the Switch.
I guess I've been putting a decent amount of time into Zelda on my switch as well. I already played through most of it on my Wii U, but had to pick it up again for my Switch since it's such a good game. Even after putting 80-100 hours into it I'm still finding new areas, shrines, and shit to do. It's almost a perfect game, imo.

How is Golf Story? I heard it's actually pretty fun, but the concept sounds kind of weird. If it's out for the Switch I might pick it up for something new to dick around with .
I thought Golf Story was only out for the Switch but I could be wrong. IMO it's definitely worth the $15 download. It's a fun, kinda funny, golf RPG game that you can casually play and it's long enough to where you feel you definitely got your money's worth.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Super Castlevania
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Fallout: New Vegas

I dont know how I missed this game. Im in the market for upgrading my gaming system soon, so for right now Im playing the crap out of my 360º.

I think I may like this gane as much or more than Skyrim. I know, I know...but I havent got tired of it yet, and Im having a great time.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:40 pm Fallout: New Vegas

I dont know how I missed this game. Im in the market for upgrading my gaming system soon, so for right now Im playing the crap out of my 360º.

I think I may like this gane as much or more than Skyrim. I know, I know...but I havent got tired of it yet, and Im having a great time.
New Vegas was so great, it's only peer in the Fallout/Elder Scrolls series is Skyrim IMO.. not to say I don't love all of the games. This makes me want to fire up the old PS3.

#BaltimoreStrong
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Abe Froman wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:23 pm
Mandatory - Dominus wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:53 pm

New Vegas was so great, it's only peer in the Fallout/Elder Scrolls series is Skyrim IMO.. not to say I don't love all of the games. This makes me want to fire up the old PS3.
I restarted New Vegas last spring for shits and giggles after I started getting a little burnt out with Fallout 4. I never played through the entire game when it first came out, because the damn game glitched out while I was playing one of the DLC's and I couldn't get back to the actual game. Of course in my infinite wisdom, I managed to save over all of my saves, so I didn't have one left from before the DLC... Anyway, I spent a solid weekend with it and still loved it, but I gotta admit, it was hard to adjust to the 360's graphics. I thought Fallout 3 and New Vegas were really good graphically when they came out, but after playing on my XB1 and PS4 for the past few years it's a pretty big difference. The main issue for me was how limited your field of view is. It's hard to see enemies off in the distance, and everything just sort of blended together more than I remembered. It was hard to pick out enemies from the background. :shrug: It's funny how this seems to happen every console generation. I always save my consoles from previous generations because I think I'm going to go back and play through some of those epic games from that gen. When I finally come back around to playing them, I never seem to be able to tolerate the difference...
Dammit, unfortunately graphically this would really bother me. I should just scrap the idea and live with my happy memories. Hopefully one day a remastered version will come out. People have done some amazing stuff with that game and mods but I'm not getting into all of that.

#BaltimoreStrong
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Abe Froman wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:37 pm
Mandatory - Dominus wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:34 pm
Abe, our supreme and glorious ruler,, our supreme and glorious ruler, Froman wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:23 pm
I restarted New Vegas last spring for shits and giggles after I started getting a little burnt out with Fallout 4. I never played through the entire game when it first came out, because the damn game glitched out while I was playing one of the DLC's and I couldn't get back to the actual game. Of course in my infinite wisdom, I managed to save over all of my saves, so I didn't have one left from before the DLC... Anyway, I spent a solid weekend with it and still loved it, but I gotta admit, it was hard to adjust to the 360's graphics. I thought Fallout 3 and New Vegas were really good graphically when they came out, but after playing on my XB1 and PS4 for the past few years it's a pretty big difference. The main issue for me was how limited your field of view is. It's hard to see enemies off in the distance, and everything just sort of blended together more than I remembered. It was hard to pick out enemies from the background. :shrug: It's funny how this seems to happen every console generation. I always save my consoles from previous generations because I think I'm going to go back and play through some of those epic games from that gen. When I finally come back around to playing them, I never seem to be able to tolerate the difference...
Dammit, unfortunately graphically this would really bother me. I should just scrap the idea and live with my happy memories. Hopefully one day a remastered version will come out. People have done some amazing stuff with that game and mods but I'm not getting into all of that.
Something that's pretty weird to me about it, I still can play Oblivion, and it doesn't bother me at all. In fact I still prefer Oblivion to Skyrim. You should play it again. It's a pretty fun game, and I'm guessing if I spent a little more time playing it and not playing anything on my XB1 or PS4 while I'm playing it, I'd probably adjust to it. It's not like it's completely unplayable or anything.
I still have Oblivion so I should check it out. I learned how averse I am to old graphics when I downloaded San Andreas a few years back. I told myself never again.

#BaltimoreStrong
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

I also like Oblivion more than Skyrim.

Remember when Oblivion came out, Bethesda was pushing the envelope of graphics at the time across multiple platforms. Now they looked like slightly tuned up versions of the same game. They can do better.

Fallout 4 was the same thing I've seen them do 4 times before in Oblivion, Fallout 3, New Vegas, and Skyrim. It's the one I bounced off and never finished because I was kinda done. It's time to for them 5o revolutionize that style of game again.

I mean I guess BotW did that this year.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

X Com 2 Enemy Within. Holy shit, do I forget how much I get wrapped up in tactical turn based games. That game is really fun. My whole squad is action movie characters:

John Matrix
John Rambo
Bruce Lee
John McClane
Snake Plisskin
Casey Rybeck
Ash Williams
Ellen Ripley
Etc...
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

I never played XCOM but it's videos reminds me so much of Full Spectrum Warrior. I rented that game so many damn times.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

#BaltimoreStrong
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Abe Froman wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:23 pm
Mandatory - Dominus wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:53 pm

I got FO3 and New Vegas in one of the steam bundles years ago. I always thought New Vegas was a DLC for FO3?
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Abe Froman wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:37 pm
Mandatory - Dominus wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:34 pm
Abe, our supreme and glorious ruler,, our supreme and glorious ruler, Froman wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:23 pm
Something that's pretty weird to me about it, I still can play Oblivion, and it doesn't bother me at all. In fact I still prefer Oblivion to Skyrim. You should play it again. It's a pretty fun game, and I'm guessing if I spent a little more time playing it and not playing anything on my XB1 or PS4 while I'm playing it, I'd probably adjust to it. It's not like it's completely unplayable or anything.
This is why I cannot wait for Skywind!! Morrowind was out of this world crazy, but is now so dated in the graphics department.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

New Vegas initially was developed as a dlc for FO3 I believe. They put it out as it's own game probably based on how well FO3 did financially.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Abe Froman wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:21 pm
LordNu wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:42 pm
Abe, our supreme and glorious ruler,, our supreme and glorious ruler, Froman wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:37 pm

This is why I cannot wait for Skywind!! Morrowind was out of this world crazy, but is now so dated in the graphics department.
Someday soon I want to get a good gaming PC. I've seen some graphic mods of Morrowind that look very very good. It would be the way to go for me. Though... The lack of voice acting probably would still bug me. :shrug:
They are putting voice acting into Skywind.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Abe Froman wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:26 pm
YBBR wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:10 pm New Vegas initially was developed as a dlc for FO3 I believe. They put it out as it's own game probably based on how well FO3 did financially.
I think in the very very beginning it was an idea for a dlc, but I doubt they had even begun development. It was created by a different developer than FO3, and is far far to big to be a DLC. Can u imagine how long that dlc would have taken to download on a 360 or PS4 with the average person's bandwidth at the time? When I first got my 360 I downloaded a movie. It literally took a day and a half. Maybe be they would have just released it as a hddvd only dlc. :shrug:
Yes, I mean in it's initial sketching and early development. It came out more than a year after FO3 if I remember correctly, They used a lot of the same in game assets but made a new thing with them. I definitely have the impression it was not heralded with much fanfare. Certainly not as much as the other games with this engine. But I did like New Vegas a lot.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Abe Froman wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:26 pm
LordNu wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:31 pm
Abe, our supreme and glorious ruler,, our supreme and glorious ruler, Froman wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:21 pm

Someday soon I want to get a good gaming PC. I've seen some graphic mods of Morrowind that look very very good. It would be the way to go for me. Though... The lack of voice acting probably would still bug me. :shrug:
They are putting voice acting into Skywind.
You should really send me a link for where you are finding this info, I'd live to read about it!
https://tesrenewal.com

https://www.reddit.com/r/skywind/

I remember they came out with a request for voice actors a while ago, hence why I said they do have voice acting in it.

also look at the pretty pictures! https://www.google.com.au/search?q=skyw ... 0&bih=1014
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

I finished Pyre. Pyre is a good game with great characters. May the scribes watch over them.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Dead Cells. You should probably buy it. Still in early access and that game crushes.

it's a rogue-lite metroidvania.
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

I'm killing it in COD WWII online...
"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan