Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

What are you playing right now?

Video game themed message board
salamander

Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by salamander »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:35 pm I will tell you guy's a game I recently played and made me want to quit gaming..

NBA 2K18. I have played every 2K since the first one came out but I have really soured on it the last few year's. Honestly, 2K11 is the last revolutionary installment in the series. I took a two year break on it and I obtained a free copy of 2K18 a few days ago. I was sick of it after a game. Those games have gone so animation heavy, it takes the control out of your hands. The defense and AI is atrocious! The servers are laggy and it's just overall the same shit since Dreamcast.

I will say it is at least a passable sports game unlike the complete atrocity that is Madden. I used to.really only play sports games. Madden, NBA, College hoops, Boxing etc.. They either don't make these games anymore and the few left have been watered down so "Everyone can play". Makes me a sad tube!
I can't stand basketball games now. It feels like you're trying to play basketball but all the players are running deep in sludge. Used to really enjoy them but you're probably better off going and getting a Nintendo with Tecmo Basketball over anything that comes out now.

I'm also with you on Madden. They've ruined the franchise completely. The NFL needs to let other companies make NFL games. EA sucks.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

I am playing Subnautica on the PC. It's rad.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Abe Froman wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:59 pm Mostly just Xbox One X enhanced games. I'm trying my best to not become a console gaming snob, but when you have a system that makes these games look this good it's hard to not feel a little superior to the rest of you. It's okay though, fellas. I'm sure your unenhanced games are just fine.
You should get pubg. I would play with you sometime. Only 12 dollars at Microsoft store right now. That are adding more maps for free this year and it's WAY better enhanced.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Abe Froman wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:20 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:33 pm
Abe Froman wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:59 pm Mostly just Xbox One X enhanced games. I'm trying my best to not become a console gaming snob, but when you have a system that makes these games look this good it's hard to not feel a little superior to the rest of you. It's okay though, fellas. I'm sure your unenhanced games are just fine.
You should get pubg. I would play with you sometime. Only 12 dollars at Microsoft store right now. That are adding more maps for free this year and it's WAY better enhanced.
Maybe, honestly, I downloaded fortnight on every system like a month ago and still haven't tried it... Only multiplayer games just never really have been my thing, but if I get pubg I'll let you know.
I agree. I rarely play online games but this became addicting. I'm not into fortnite at all. If you played and liked Socom on ps2, you would like pubg :thumbsup:
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Dead Cells is finally out. Damn that game is too good. Highly recommended!
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

No Man's Sky. It ain't so bad anymore.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

LordNu wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:14 pm No Man's Sky. It ain't so bad anymore.
No Man's Sky is the reason I will only ever pre-order from Rockstar or CD Projekt Red.

Oh man, that game's launch was so bad.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

flexbuffchest wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:47 pm
LordNu wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:14 pm No Man's Sky. It ain't so bad anymore.
No Man's Sky is the reason I will only ever pre-order from Rockstar or CD Projekt Red.

Oh man, that game's launch was so bad.
I never pre-order anymore. I'll utilize patience and see what people are saying about a game and how it plays and if that's what I'm looking for in that particular game before spending any money on it. Has saved me a good chunk of money and allowed me to support studios who have made a good product.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

I got it on sale ages ago for $20 on steam I think. It's been worth it for that price.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

LordNu wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:21 am I got it on sale ages ago for $20 on steam I think. It's been worth it for that price.
For sure. The team doing that is really small too. Like 15 people I heard. That's an enormous amount of work for a team that small. They're trying their best to make that a good game that people enjoy.
Herky

Post by Herky »

My main settlement in Fallout 4 is amazing. I built a building just for generators and used pylons to extend the power down my street. I have street lights everywhere and power running to all the buildings and houses. I never have to worry about power since I have no much of it going. Just run a wire to a switch or connector to a house/building and I can throw as many lights/powered items in the place as I want. I think I have around 250 power total in my settlement so far and I haven't made any fusion generators yet.

Built a big nightclub called Club 1776 with a fully stocked bar, pool table, party deck, jukebox, and a bunch of other items and decorations.

Also have a big storage warehouse for my weapons with lockers for each type of armor (leather, combat...ect) as well as crates for guns with specific caliber ammo. My special weapons are displayed on racks and the crafting area for both armor and weapons are there as well. Installed a small farm as well with a barn to store stuff in and a cooking area near to combine the corn, tato, and muitfruit for vegetable starch which is used to in just about every type of craft for the adhesive. I have 15 settlers there right now all wearing combat armor with the Minuteman paint job, and carrying combat rifles with 30 rounds of ammo.

I made an arcade too which each arcade machine provides +1 happiness. I have 6 machines powered in there. Made a Silver Shroud den too in the car port of one of the houses where I displayed all the Silver Shroud wall decorations, alone with the Shroud's armor and hat on a body display and his Silver Machine gun mounted near it. All fully upgraded and modded via crafting too.

I've been spending more time on my settlement than actually playing the game lately. Tinkering with power, structures, and decorations for the area.

I'm a level 42 and haven't even been to the Glowing Sea yet. Just doing side missions and crafting like crazy.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Posted in another sub but:

Just started Witcher 3 complete. I have a Chub

:naners:
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

AC Origins. This game is so fucking awesome.

Even if you gave up on the series I beg you to give this one a shot.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
Herky

Post by Herky »

Mandatory wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:24 pm AC Origins. This game is so fucking awesome.

I had fun with it. Put in around 80 hours. Haven't played the DLC.
Herky

Post by Herky »

Abe Froman wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:38 am
Herky wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:03 am
Mandatory wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:24 pm AC Origins. This game is so fucking awesome.

How in the fuck do you guys find the ability to do this? Between my job and my wife, there is no fucking chance in hell I'm going to ever be able to sink this amount of time on a regular basis into gaming without a shit load of trouble at work or a huge argument at home... Whenever a new TES or Fallout game comes out I just do it, and accept the consequences for my actions later... Outside of that... It's really just not worth it anymore, and on the free weekends I have from my job and wife I rarely play because it just feels like I'm wasting the consequence free weekend I have! How in the hell do you guys pull this shit off?!
My son goes to be around 7:30-8. My wife is a gamer too and we usually head to the basement when he goes down to sleep and game at night. She likes PC and I like console. On the weekends I’m usually up late gaming too.
Last edited by Herky on Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Norn_Iron

Post by Norn_Iron »

How in the fuck do you guys find the ability to do this? Between my job and my wife, there is no fucking chance in hell I'm going to ever be able to sink this amount of time on a regular basis into gaming without a shit load of trouble at work or a huge argument at home... Whenever a new TES or Fallout game comes out I just do it, and accept the consequences for my actions later... Outside of that... It's really just not worth it anymore, and on the free weekends I have from my job and wife I rarely play because it just feels like I'm wasting the consequence free weekend I have! How in the hell do you guys pull this shit off?!
I use the power of apathy
Self praise is no praise. But i am pretty great...
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Herky wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:47 am

My son goes to be around 7:30-8. My wife is a gamer too and we usually head to the basement when he goes down to sleep and game at night. She likes PC and I like console. On the weekends I’m usually up late gaming too.
Good choice on the wife. :thumbsup:
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Herky

Post by Herky »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:00 am
Herky wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:47 am

Good choice on the wife. :thumbsup:
I met her in class when we were both back in college for our second degrees. Aside from being hot I knew she was worth going after when she told me she liked to play Age Of Empires II. I built a gaming PC about 4 years ago and she plays the hell out of Minecraft, Banished, and the new Civ. She's been playing Minecraft since it first was released. She's got her own Steam account with about 20 games in it. She played a ton of Skyrim too when that came out.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Abe Froman wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:35 pm A while ago, she bitched and bitched until I finally caved in and did a little art project with her. She wanted to make some sort of painting together. I negotiated with her and she agreed on us each doing our own painting. I was pleasantly surprised with how much fun I started to have, I even giggled loudly several times while I secretly created my masterpiece. She got a little upset when I refused to show her what I was making, but I assured her that I would show her it after I was totally done with it. It actually took about an hour and a half, but I got it all done. She was very curious to see what I had created. My wife seems to think I'm a very good artist because we did a few art classes together in college, and I guess I'm naturally okay at it or something... Anyway, I slowly turned the painting around for her to see!!!
Spoiler:
It was a penis.
Now whenever she tries to get me to do some sort of art project with her she has all of these rules. Stupid shit like no secret drawings, you have to take this seriously, and no penises. It's so lame.

Since she can't seem to understand my passion for fine art I've started to express my artistic side in other ways. A few months ago I decided to resume painting the bathroom. I had previously painted one of the walls and did a little trim work, but ran out of time and ambition to finish the job. I gathered up all of the supplies, stirred up the paint, and got a big wide brush... with which I painted a big flaccid penis on the wall and left it there for her to see the next morning... I was shocked to learn that she did not appreciate my hard work, BUT I was thrilled to learn that this is an excellent way to get my wife to paint the bathroom.
:thinking: So....what you're saying is that you want the Switch to come out with the Next Gen Mario Paint so that you can draw penises on it?

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Rise of the Tomb Raider. Complete edition on sale for 15 bucks. I played the first one back in 2013. It's good.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Started Shadow of the Colossus, also have the Last Guardian and Shenmue I & II. Loved Shenmue II when I got it on xbox, in my top 10 games of all time. Still giving No Mans Sky a fair bit of attention.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Just picked up an NES Classic after work today.

So I'm currently playing...SMB3, Kirby, Metroid, Ninja Gaiden, Donkey Kong, Mega Man 2 and Dr. Mario
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

I've been playing a lot of my new computer.. World of Warships, Total War games. I've pretty much given up on PS4 until the fall releases are out.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Terraria.

If you like sandbox games, Minecraft can't hold Terraria's jock. Oh look, its been 4 hours already. This game is good.

RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

LordNu wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:44 pm Started Shadow of the Colossus, also have the Last Guardian and Shenmue I & II. Loved Shenmue II when I got it on xbox, in my top 10 games of all time. Still giving No Mans Sky a fair bit of attention.
Last Guardian was AMAZING! Liked it even more than Shadows. Never.played the PS4 remaster though.

Shenmue is one of my favorite series ever. Why i bought my Dreamcast. I'm playing the HD release now.

I'm also playing Streets of rage 2 again.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Mandatory wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:47 am I've been playing a lot of my new computer.. World of Warships, Total War games. I've pretty much given up on PS4 until the fall releases are out.
What kind of rig did you get?
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:41 pm
LordNu wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:44 pm Started Shadow of the Colossus, also have the Last Guardian and Shenmue I & II. Loved Shenmue II when I got it on xbox, in my top 10 games of all time. Still giving No Mans Sky a fair bit of attention.
Last Guardian was AMAZING! Liked it even more than Shadows. Never.played the PS4 remaster though.

Shenmue is one of my favorite series ever. Why i bought my Dreamcast. I'm playing the HD release now.

Is it me, or every time I kill a Colossus I feel bad? And is there nothing to collect, you just travel to the Colossus to kill it? They aren't even doing anything, just minding their own business till the main guy shows up.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

LordNu wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:05 pm

Is it me, or every time I kill a Colossus I feel bad? And is there nothing to collect, you just travel to the Colossus to kill it? They aren't even doing anything, just minding their own business till the main guy shows up.
Yep..
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:08 pm
LordNu wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:05 pm

Yep..
:lol:
Bon Scott

Post by Bon Scott »

Currently on an Atari 2600 kick
Trump will forever be known as Potus who was so full of shit that country ran out of Toilet Paper.