Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

What are you playing right now?

Video game themed message board
YBBR

Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by YBBR »

Darksiders: Warmastered Edition was 2 bucks.

Not bad. I have the second one as well, which I'll probably get to after I finish this one.

Hack and slash, almost Zelda like where you play as one of the four horseman of the apocalypse. First one you are War. And the second one you play as Death.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Been playing the last boss on Cuphead for over a month. Game is awesome but so tough! Achievements show only 5% who own have beat it.

Played that free Adventures of Captain Spirit that just came out. Really, really good. If you like Life is strange, you will enjoy.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:57 pm Been playing the last boss on Cuphead for over a month. Game is awesome but so tough! Achievements show only 5% who own have beat it.

Played that free Adventures of Captain Spirit that just came out. Really, really good. If you like Life is strange, you will enjoy.
Cuphead is one of the most amazing looking games ever created. I need to pick it back up. I just got to the third island.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

I started a new game in Fallout 4. My thought is dong a Railroad run through. I'm guessing I'll lose interest soon. Just biding my time until RDR2.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

YBBR wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:39 am
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:57 pm Been playing the last boss on Cuphead for over a month. Game is awesome but so tough! Achievements show only 5% who own have beat it.

Cuphead is one of the most amazing looking games ever created. I need to pick it back up. I just got to the third island.
One of my favorite games of this gen. I also really loved Inside by the Limbo developers.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
salamander

Post by salamander »

Still playing Fortnite.
God of War and Dark Souls 3 are still sitting on my shelf waiting to be played.

This game is SO fun and if you don't agree, well, FUCK YOU!
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Finally beat it.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:31 pm

Finally beat it.
Nice!
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

Picked up Cities Skylines for $20 on PS4. It's a remake of Sim City 3000 and I love it so far.. :beer:
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

Rusty Kuntz wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:38 am Picked up Cities Skylines for $20 on PS4. It's a remake of Sim City 3000 and I love it so far.. :beer:
Put a solid 6 hours into this game so far and it's fantastic!! Took me a couple tries to figure it out but once the city grows it's amazing! An hour goes by like it's 5 minutes :beer:
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Rusty Kuntz wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:19 pm
Rusty Kuntz wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:38 am Picked up Cities Skylines for $20 on PS4. It's a remake of Sim City 3000 and I love it so far.. :beer:
Put a solid 6 hours into this game so far and it's fantastic!! Took me a couple tries to figure it out but once the city grows it's amazing! An hour goes by like it's 5 minutes :beer:
Gonna look into this.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Have heard good things about it. I'm not really much of a city builder fan, but this is one of the best ones of those it seems.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Just started in on Darkest Dungeon yesterday. Holy shit, what a tough game. I lost a hero on the first quest after the tutorial, and all my heros have full stress. Sent my healer to the Brothel to lower her stress, now she has syphilis.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

I'm fixing to play through the Battlefield 1 campaign which I never did. Also going to try Watch Dogs 2 again as I lost interest quickly first time around.

Still just waiting on RDR2.

#BaltimoreStrong
Herky

Post by Herky »

Fallout 4 unmodded. I built a nightclub in Sanctuary and called in Club 1776. Neon lights, a big deck, lots of booze, jukebox, disco ball, and other stuff. I have 5 generators powering everything there.

Still working my way to a fusion one to power the entire settlement. I have a generator room that powers half the area, but ran out of resources. Lots of small, medium, and wind power in there going to large pylons. I also have a barn with farm plots and various crops, a warehouse store my armor/weapons/crafting tables. Did some work in my house and added a powered reading room/lounge. Just got done doing a powered arcade too. Each game provides +1 happiness and I have 6 games in there with clean carpeted floors.

I think I've put in as much time building as I have playing the story. I'm a level 27 right now. Haven't done much in the main story. Rolling with Piper since I have her perk and get extra XP for discovering areas. Will probably use Preston Garvey and Nick Valentine later. Valentine has some of the best one liners in the game.

Also continuing my season with the Cubs in MLB The Show 18. Almost into June and I'm 3 games up on the Cardinals. Kris Bryant just went on the 10 day DL with a sore back while taking a swing however. Good thing Addison Russell is coming off the DL at the same time and David Bote was already called up and has some AB's and experience.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Darksiders 2: Deathinitive Edition
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Just finished life is strange before the storm. Probably going to play Ori soon. I still play a game of pubg here and there also.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Abe Froman wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:52 pm
Mandatory wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:22 am I'm fixing to play through the Battlefield 1 campaign which I never did. Also going to try Watch Dogs 2 again as I lost interest quickly first time around.

Still just waiting on RDR2.
:thinking:

I should probably pop RDR in a few times before RDR2 is released.
It's aged really well too. Game still looks great!

#BaltimoreStrong
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Abe Froman wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:30 pm
Mandatory wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:52 am
Abe Froman wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:52 pm

:thinking:

I should probably pop RDR in a few times before RDR2 is released.
It's aged really well too. Game still looks great!
I'm kinda interested in seeing how my Xbox One X upscales it. I've had mixed reactions to the upscaling. Some look fucking awesome, and others are pretty much the same. Since it's Rockstar, and since the game already looked good, I'm expecting a pretty decent looking upscale.
I wish my PS4 Pro has this feature. I'd love to play Fallout NV again. I fired it up on my PS3 a couple weeks ago and was disappointed by how bad it looked.

#BaltimoreStrong
salamander

Post by salamander »

Mandatory wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:58 pm I wish my PS4 Pro has this feature. I'd love to play Fallout NV again. I fired it up on my PS3 a couple weeks ago and was disappointed by how bad it looked.
I did this same thing awhile back and had the exact same conclusion.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

I picked up a bundle of Wolfenstein 2 and Doom on the PS store sale for pretty cheap. Just finished up Wolfenstein 2.

Jesus H. Christ is Wolfenstein 2 a fucking wild ride. That game is nuts.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Abe Froman wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:30 pm
YBBR wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:06 pm I picked up a bundle of Wolfenstein 2 and Doom on the PS store sale for pretty cheap. Just finished up Wolfenstein 2.

I wish I had waited for Doom and The New Colossus to come out on the Switch. It looks better on my Xbox, but I just need a few new reasons to play my Switch, and being able to play those two games on the go would be nice.
There are SO many insane scenes in that game. The fucking Hitler audition scene, Washington monument death, confronting your father in your childhood home, when Super Spesh gets got, Caroline, the late night TV show, Topless pregnant wife covered in blood shooting Nazis with two machine guns, etc... man.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Abe Froman wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:32 pm
salamander wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:09 am
Mandatory wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:58 pm I wish my PS4 Pro has this feature. I'd love to play Fallout NV again. I fired it up on my PS3 a couple weeks ago and was disappointed by how bad it looked.
I did this same thing awhile back and had the exact same conclusion.
I am loving the upscaling my Xbox one x does for these games, and even my day one Xbox one when I used that, but... If I look at how much better these games can look with a few mods on the PC... Yeah... I'm going to have to get one of those new finangled pc things...
There is a rumor the Microsoft is going to open up modding on the Xbox One for everything. We shall see.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

YBBR wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:04 pm
YBBR wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:06 pm I picked up a bundle of Wolfenstein 2 and Doom on the PS store sale for pretty cheap. Just finished up Wolfenstein 2.

I wish I had waited for Doom and The New Colossus to come out on the Switch. It looks better on my Xbox, but I just need a few new reasons to play my Switch, and being able to play those two games on the go would be nice.
There are SO many insane scenes in that game. The fucking Hitler audition scene, Washington monument death, confronting your father in your childhood home, when Super Spesh gets got, Caroline, the late night TV show, Topless pregnant wife covered in blood shooting Nazis with two machine guns, etc... man.
Maybe next time a spoiler alert brah!
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:07 pm

That was just a taste man. Trust me. That game is wild.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

YBBR wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:08 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:07 pm

That was just a taste man. Trust me. That game is wild.
Been wanting to play it. I have been playing Tacoma right now from the makers of Gone Home..
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Got it for 14 bucks. Game's like 8 months old. Kind of short, maybe 10-12 hours but for that price I feel good with it.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Anyone play that Captain Spirit first free episode yet? I loved it. I like a bunch of the walking sims though like..

Firewatch

What remains of Edith Finch etc..

I pretty much play indie games with a few others splashed in here and there.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

I will tell you guy's a game I recently played and made me want to quit gaming..

NBA 2K18. I have played every 2K since the first one came out but I have really soured on it the last few year's. Honestly, 2K11 is the last revolutionary installment in the series. I took a two year break on it and I obtained a free copy of 2K18 a few days ago. I was sick of it after a game. Those games have gone so animation heavy, it takes the control out of your hands. The defense and AI is atrocious! The servers are laggy and it's just overall the same shit since Dreamcast.

I will say it is at least a passable sports game unlike the complete atrocity that is Madden. I used to.really only play sports games. Madden, NBA, College hoops, Boxing etc.. They either don't make these games anymore and the few left have been watered down so "Everyone can play". Makes me a sad tube!
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

The micro transactions really bummed me out about NBA 2K18. Shit was horrible. Won't buy another installment until that is fixed. If it ever is.