Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

What are you playing right now?

Video game themed message board
Herky

Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by Herky »

Finished Uncharted 4 on Friday night. Loved the game and liked the ending. It tied things up nicely.

Now on to either jumped back into Horizon Zero Dawn, Dishonored 2 or Wolfenstein 2. I still have to finish Until Dawn as well.

Started my Cubs dynasty over again on The Show 19 when Version 3 of the Total Minors roster was released. Super deep roster with a ton of prospects/player added along with equipment.
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

Herky wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:14 am Finished Uncharted 4 on Friday night. Loved the game and liked the ending. It tied things up nicely.

Now on to either jumped back into Horizon Zero Dawn, Dishonored 2 or Wolfenstein 2. I still have to finish Until Dawn as well.

Started my Cubs dynasty over again on The Show 19 when Version 3 of the Total Minors roster was released. Super deep roster with a ton of prospects/player added along with equipment.
Have you tried Road to October? I find it my favorite game mode. Just started a Cubs one over the weekend.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
Herky

Post by Herky »

Mandatory wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:43 am
Herky wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:14 am Finished Uncharted 4 on Friday night. Loved the game and liked the ending. It tied things up nicely.

Have you tried Road to October? I find it my favorite game mode. Just started a Cubs one over the weekend.
Not yet. I might do one with the Twins.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

I beat AC Origins. Just doing some post game mop up. As a mindless open world Ubisoft joint. I enjoyed it. Great setting.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

YBBR wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:39 pm I beat AC Origins. Just doing some post game mop up. As a mindless open world Ubisoft joint. I enjoyed it. Great setting.
If you haven't you need to play Odyssey. It's even better.

#BaltimoreStrong
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

YBBR wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:39 pm I beat AC Origins. Just doing some post game mop up. As a mindless open world Ubisoft joint. I enjoyed it. Great setting.
Going to get the DLC?
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

LordNu wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:49 pm
Going to get the DLC?
Nah. I had my fill.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
asshan

Post by asshan »

LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Started Breath of the Wild last night.

Thinking of getting that Super Mario Bros Deluxe game today, as it seems fun to play couch co-op.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

I'm level 66 in Mutant Year Zero. Damn near the end of that. Good game.

I picked up Far Cry 5 for $15 during the Ubisoft sale with AC Origins. Coming to the end of that too, Still feels a lot like 3 and 4. It's okay. The story is complete bullshit though. Not to mention the main character getting captured by each lieutenant multiple times per region. Put a bullet in the deputy's head already. Jesus.
'
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

YBBR wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:49 am I'm level 66 in Mutant Year Zero. Damn near the end of that. Good game.

I picked up Far Cry 5 for $15 during the Ubisoft sale with AC Origins. Coming to the end of that too, Still feels a lot like 3 and 4. It's okay. The story is complete bullshit though. Not to mention the main character getting captured by each lieutenant multiple times per region. Put a bullet in the deputy's head already. Jesus.
'
Cripes you must not have much to play.

I salute you for making it through two Ubisoft titles.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:58 am
YBBR wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:49 am I'm level 66 in Mutant Year Zero. Damn near the end of that. Good game.

'

AC Origins was actually not bad. The setting of ancient Egypt was cool and pretty well done. Some interesting side quests and locales. The main story was pretty boilerplate though.

It's been a slow year for games in general, but yeah, not too much new stuff I'm interested in right now. Void Bastards looks cool.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

YBBR wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:05 am
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:58 am

'

AC Origins was actually not bad. The setting of ancient Egypt was cool and pretty well done. Some interesting side quests and locales. The main story was pretty boilerplate though.

It's been a slow year for games in general, but yeah, not too much new stuff I'm interested in right now. Void Bastards looks cool.
I like the art style on that.

Death Stranding looks dope. I'm not that big of a fan using real movie stars likeness in video games but that is my only gripe.

That game looks insane.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

KOJIMA!!!

I was pretty surprised Death Stranding got a 2019 release date.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

What's Death Stranding about?

Playing Breath of Wild and Shadow of War on PC atm.

Is Breath of the Wild meant to be a Skyrim type Zelda game? I only just started. I hate how items are dispensible - I threw my freaking sword away in a temple because I pressed the wrong button... Maybe need to get a pro controller.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

LordNu wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:45 pm What's Death Stranding about?

Is Breath of the Wild meant to be a Skyrim type Zelda game? I only just started. I hate how items are dispensible - I threw my freaking sword away in a temple because I pressed the wrong button... Maybe need to get a pro controller.
I actually haven't watched the 8 min reveal trailer for Death Stranding that came out last week. Just know its Hideo Kojima after parting ways with Konami with all the money he could ever want, time traveling thumbs up babies and Norman Reedus and Mads Mikkelson. And other people too. It's going to be incoherent madness!
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

YBBR wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:15 pm

I actually haven't watched the 8 min reveal trailer for Death Stranding that came out last week. Just know its Hideo Kojima after parting ways with Konami with all the money he could ever want, time traveling thumbs up babies and Norman Reedus and Mads Mikkelson. And other people too. It's going to be incoherent madness!
You may not like to hear this, but I never got into Metal Gear Solid games...
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Slay The Spire. Really fun game. Addicting card based roguelike.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

LordNu wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:01 am

You dont know the insanity of Kojima huh? I'll probably pick up Death Stranding. The end of MGS2 I literally was questioning if I was losing my mind with the Colonel Campbell stuff and then you fight the president with a sword on top of the Lincoln memorial.

Meme
Gene
Scene
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

YBBR wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:27 pm
LordNu wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:01 am

You dont know the insanity of Kojima huh? I'll probably pick up Death Stranding. The end of MGS2 I literally was questioning if I was losing my mind with the Colonel Campbell stuff and then you fight the president with a sword on top of the Lincoln memorial.

Meme
Gene
Scene
I'll get around to Phantom Pain and the other one on PS4 at some stage...
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Pong...
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Bought Persona 5 for $14 on the ole PS4. About 5 hours in. Yo this PE teacher is mega evil, son.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

So with Breath of the Wild, is it best to just go and explore for ages before getting into the story? I like to have some linear gameplay to begin a game before I go off on a frolic, this one seems to just throw you straight into the world.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

LordNu wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:13 pm So with Breath of the Wild, is it best to just go and explore for ages before getting into the story? I like to have some linear gameplay to begin a game before I go off on a frolic, this one seems to just throw you straight into the world.
Haven't played it, but what I've heard the world is the revolutionary part of that game. Finding stuff and exploring. The Zelda stories are pretty much just nonsense and the main story is one of the weakest parts of that game.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

I keep coming back to Skyrim. I'm too much of a completionist with games like this, I'll do every single side quest, then get bored...then a few months later will remember I never technically beat the game, so I'll come back to it...but instead of starting where I left off, I'll create a whole new character and start over.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

bubu dubu. wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:29 pm I keep coming back to Skyrim. I'm too much of a completionist with games like this, I'll do every single side quest, then get bored...then a few months later will remember I never technically beat the game, so I'll come back to it...but instead of starting where I left off, I'll create a whole new character and start over.
I know tons of people love those Bethesda RPGs, and I used to. I'm just so done with that buggy ass engine and jank. Beat Oblivion, Fallout 3, New Vegas, Skyrim, bought Fallout 4 and was just like you know what I'm done.

Just feels like they are remaking the same game over and over again. I know I'm in the minority on that one. Especially on this forum. Those games just have Soooo many bugs ugh.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

YBBR wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:48 pm
bubu dubu. wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:29 pm I keep coming back to Skyrim. I'm too much of a completionist with games like this, I'll do every single side quest, then get bored...then a few months later will remember I never technically beat the game, so I'll come back to it...but instead of starting where I left off, I'll create a whole new character and start over.
I know tons of people love those Bethesda RPGs, and I used to. I'm just so done with that buggy ass engine and jank. Beat Oblivion, Fallout 3, New Vegas, Skyrim, bought Fallout 4 and was just like you know what I'm done.

Just feels like they are remaking the same game over and over again. I know I'm in the minority on that one. Especially on this forum. Those games just have Soooo many bugs ugh.
I kinda get you with the repetitiveness, but I think Oblivion is far different than Skyrim. Seems they loved their Oblivion project much better. Skyrim is just a brawl fest...Oblivion, you could be whatever you wanted to be...a warrior, a magician, an assassin, shit, you could even play Tyrion Lannister if you wanted to, and get through the whole game as a pacifist with great speechcraft.

All Bethesda games are buggy for sure though. Right now in Skyrim, I can't buy or sell anything to the alchemist in Whiterun without the game crashing.

I play on XBONE, so the modding that became available for it is part of what keeps bringing me back. You can really personalize the game with the mods, but too many mods, and the XBOX cant handle it

Repetitve RPGs to me are the like of Assassins Creed...complete set of objectives, move to next town, complete the same set of objectives.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

YBBR wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:26 pm
LordNu wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:13 pm So with Breath of the Wild, is it best to just go and explore for ages before getting into the story? I like to have some linear gameplay to begin a game before I go off on a frolic, this one seems to just throw you straight into the world.
Haven't played it, but what I've heard the world is the revolutionary part of that game. Finding stuff and exploring. The Zelda stories are pretty much just nonsense and the main story is one of the weakest parts of that game.
The actual mythology that has run through all the games has developed better than the stories. Skyward sword, and having Nintendo explain where the stories take place in the timeline is actually quite interesting.
zeitgeist

Post by zeitgeist »

YBBR wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:48 pm

I've been turned off from them because they are becoming less and less of an RPG with every game.
mlhouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:52 pm Einstein has his area of expertise, I have mine.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Playing Rage 2 which is a Bethesda game and actually really fun. You won't be surprised to hear though it's crashed twice.

#BaltimoreStrong