Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

What are you playing right now?

Video game themed message board
YBBR

Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by YBBR »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:41 pm
LordNu wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:44 pm Started Shadow of the Colossus, also have the Last Guardian and Shenmue I & II. Loved Shenmue II when I got it on xbox, in my top 10 games of all time. Still giving No Mans Sky a fair bit of attention.
Last Guardian was AMAZING! Liked it even more than Shadows. Never.played the PS4 remaster though.

Shenmue is one of my favorite series ever. Why i bought my Dreamcast. I'm playing the HD release now.

I'm also playing Streets of rage 2 again.
Streets of Rage 2 is awesome. I played it recently myself.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Playing some Burnout Paradise Remastered. I miss the Burnout games...
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

I am dabbling around in Subnautica again. Cool game.

Started playing The Last of Us Remastered. Starts a bit slow for me.
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

AC Odyssey.. a little FIFA 19. Every once in a while I'll play some Total War Napoleon or Empire. Don't want to get too much into something with RDR 2 coming.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Yo YBBR, you seen this Thronebreaker game coming out? I pre-ordered, will most likely be playing this in two weeks time.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

LordNu wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:27 pm Yo YBBR, you seen this Thronebreaker game coming out? I pre-ordered, will most likely be playing this in two weeks time.
Is this Meve's stand against Nilfgaard for Rivia and Lyria like in the novels? First time I've seen this.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

YBBR wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:50 pm
LordNu wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:27 pm Yo YBBR, you seen this Thronebreaker game coming out? I pre-ordered, will most likely be playing this in two weeks time.
Is this Meve's stand against Nilfgaard for Rivia and Lyria like in the novels? First time I've seen this.
I think it is from what I have seen (I bet they have the bridge scene in there somehow).

It's an exclusive for GOG.com. Basically they made Gwent into an RPG!
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

LordNu wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:55 pm
YBBR wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:50 pm
I think it is from what I have seen (I bet they have the bridge scene in there somehow).

It's an exclusive for GOG.com. Basically they made Gwent into an RPG!
Seems really cool. Makes sense that it's for GOG only. CD Project owns GOG and I think they work out of the same office! The documentary Noclip released about GOG was awesome.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Love Danny O'Dwyer and his team.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Mandatory wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:06 am AC Odyssey

Assassin’s Creed Odyssey is a big game, so big that you’re given a horse and giant boat to help you get across it. So it’s best to take Ubisoft’s advice and use them (and fast travel) to get around rather than trying to walk (and swim) your way across the map like this guy.

As he is prone to do when a new open world game hits, How Big is the Map? wanted to find out how big Odyssey’s map was by traversing it from one corner to the other. Where he could walk he’d walk, and where he had to cross the water he’d swim.

In all it took him 2:27:54 to get there. There isn’t much worth seeing at the end, but as with all odysseys in the ancient Greek world, it’s more about the journey than the destination.
Thats a BIG map. :shock:

http://kotaku.com/dont-bother-walking- ... 829609764
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:11 pm
Mandatory wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:06 am AC Odyssey

Assassin’s Creed Odyssey is a big game, so big that you’re given a horse and giant boat to help you get across it. So it’s best to take Ubisoft’s advice and use them (and fast travel) to get around rather than trying to walk (and swim) your way across the map like this guy.

As he is prone to do when a new open world game hits, How Big is the Map? wanted to find out how big Odyssey’s map was by traversing it from one corner to the other. Where he could walk he’d walk, and where he had to cross the water he’d swim.

In all it took him 2:27:54 to get there. There isn’t much worth seeing at the end, but as with all odysseys in the ancient Greek world, it’s more about the journey than the destination.
Thats a BIG map. :shock:

http://kotaku.com/dont-bother-walking- ... 829609764
It is huge! THey have comparisons online with it next to the Witcher 3 map. It's more than twice the size I believe. Tons of large islands along with mainland Greece. Such a great game soo far. I just started over last night though after about 10 hours. I initially picked the gal and I really liked her but it just felt weird playing a Spartan and not being this big hulking Spartan dood.

#BaltimoreStrong
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

YBBR wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:43 pm I am playing Subnautica on the PC. It's rad.
Sold my gaming PC awhile back. I see this is finally coming to console. I would like to play it.

Is there crafting involved? What style of gameplay is it?
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:40 pm
YBBR wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:43 pm I am playing Subnautica on the PC. It's rad.
Sold my gaming PC awhile back. I see this is finally coming to console. I would like to play it.

Tons of crafting. Everything is crafting. Its essentially a survival game. You scan pieces of wrecked gear in the ocean and you gain the ability to fabricate them for your base.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

YBBR wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:34 am

Tons of crafting. Everything is crafting. Its essentially a survival game. You scan pieces of wrecked gear in the ocean and you gain the ability to fabricate them for your base.
Thanks for the response. You saved me money. I love the games atmosphere etc but crafting games just are not for me.

I was hoping this was some underwater adventure game like a uncharted or something along those lines.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:47 pm
YBBR wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:34 am

Thanks for the response. You saved me money. I love the games atmosphere etc but crafting games just are not for me.

I was hoping this was some underwater adventure game like a uncharted or something along those lines.
It's a cool game. It has a narrative that is pretty interesting, but it takes a while to build up because of the exploration nature of the game. Maybe keep it on your radar and if it goes on sale try it out. It's a pretty well made game.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Bought Hollow Knight on PS4. It's cool. People love to compare this and Dead Cells as to which is better.

They aren't even that similar. Hollow Knight is more of a true metroidvania. While Dead Cells is a rogue-lite 2D action game.

For my money Hollow Knight is good, but Dead Cells was really something special.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

I've shut down everything in advance of RDR2 Thursday night. No video games and no drinking rest of the week. Gonna be a blowout!

#BaltimoreStrong
salamander

Post by salamander »

LordNu wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:05 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:41 pm
LordNu wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:44 pm Started Shadow of the Colossus, also have the Last Guardian and Shenmue I & II. Loved Shenmue II when I got it on xbox, in my top 10 games of all time. Still giving No Mans Sky a fair bit of attention.
Last Guardian was AMAZING! Liked it even more than Shadows. Never.played the PS4 remaster though.

Shenmue is one of my favorite series ever. Why i bought my Dreamcast. I'm playing the HD release now.

I'm also playing Streets of rage 2 again.
Is it me, or every time I kill a Colossus I feel bad? And is there nothing to collect, you just travel to the Colossus to kill it? They aren't even doing anything, just minding their own business till the main guy shows up.
That's because you haven't seen them when they get hungry. When they're hungry they stomp down the walls of local villages and slaughter little children so they can eat their hearts.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Abe Froman wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:07 pm
Mandatory wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:26 pm I've shut down everything in advance of RDR2 Thursday night. No video games and no drinking rest of the week. Gonna be a blowout!
I've only gotten tipsy once in the past 2 weeks. This stupid fucking med I'm on just causes me to get tired and lose interest before I even catch a buzz. I mean, it's probably a good thing, but I'm just not used to it at all. I just hope I can stay awake until midnight to play the game when it comes out.
It's probably a good thing.. I have weekends where I'll drink like 6 beers in 3-4 days, I'm so proud of myself lol. Just gotta keep working at it.

I need to check with Gamestop. I've seen people on reddit talking about getting it at 9pm.. not sure if that's just a West Coast thing or what.

#BaltimoreStrong
Herky

Post by Herky »

Started playing Dead Space since it’s backwards comparable on my Xbox One. Never played it all before and since it’s Halloween season I wanted some survival horror. I’m only on Chapter 3 but it’s a great game. I have them all just bought them late and never got around to playing them.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Herky wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:41 pm Started playing Dead Space since it’s backwards comparable on my Xbox One. Never played it all before and since it’s Halloween season I wanted some survival horror. I’m only on Chapter 3 but it’s a great game. I have them all just bought them late and never got around to playing them.
I'm jealous. That game is one of my favorites. It was a surprisingly great game.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Abe Froman wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:01 pm
Mandatory wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:14 pm
Abe Froman wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:07 pm

I've only gotten tipsy once in the past 2 weeks. This stupid fucking med I'm on just causes me to get tired and lose interest before I even catch a buzz. I mean, it's probably a good thing, but I'm just not used to it at all. I just hope I can stay awake until midnight to play the game when it comes out.
It's probably a good thing.. I have weekends where I'll drink like 6 beers in 3-4 days, I'm so proud of myself lol. Just gotta keep working at it.

I need to check with Gamestop. I've seen people on reddit talking about getting it at 9pm.. not sure if that's just a West Coast thing or what.
This little town doesn't have a gamestop, so that doesn't really help me out. I could stand in line in Grand Forks which is an hour and a half away, but... By the time I'd get to buy hit, and drive all the way home it will be close to midnight anyway. Might as well just stay here I guess. I'm going to preorder it online anyway though.
If you buy the digital copy you can start downloading it now.

#BaltimoreStrong
Herky

Post by Herky »

salamander wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:19 am
Herky wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:41 pm Started playing Dead Space since it’s backwards comparable on my Xbox One. Never played it all before and since it’s Halloween season I wanted some survival horror. I’m only on Chapter 3 but it’s a great game. I have them all just bought them late and never got around to playing them.
I'm jealous. That game is one of my favorites. It was a surprisingly great game.
Creepy as hell to play with headphones on and the lights off. Lots of jump scares and the clanking and screaming sounds have you on high alert.

This game still holds up and it was released in 2008. I'm having fun playing it.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Herky wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:22 am
Creepy as hell to play with headphones on and the lights off. Lots of jump scares and the clanking and screaming sounds have you on high alert.

This game still holds up and it was released in 2008. I'm having fun playing it.
People really like Dead Space 2 as well. Which was more action than first one I think. I played some of one of these but I forget which one.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Herky wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:22 am

Nice. Yeah, I usually don't like those kinds of jump scare games either. That one just did it for me.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Red Dead
Hollow Knight
Crypt of the Necrodancer
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Rimworld... I have Thronebreaker to play, but Rimworld is life.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Still playing a lot of Hitman 2. Trying to max out mastery on the maps so I get all the cool unlocks and gadgets, and exploding pens, and explosive ducks, and poisons all that crazy stuff.

I want to dive into the back catalog a bit and finish something there. Looking at Furi or maybe Yakuza 0 to play.
Herky

Post by Herky »

Started the first God Of War. Have never played any of them before and got the new one for Christmas.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Forza Horizon 4
Just Cause 4
Red Dead Redemption 2

Trying to keep up with and having no luck or just bought and haven't got around to:
Fifa 19
AC Odyssey
Hitman 2
Madden 19
Fallout 76
Steep
Red Dead Redemption 1/Undead Nightmare
Ghost Recon Wildlands
Far Cry 5

Also have a gaggle of new computer games that I bought on Steam sale and haven't touched:
Cities Skylines
Sins of a Solar Empire
Frostpunk
Total War Britannia
Total War Medieval 2 Ultimate Edition
Jurassic World Evolution
Sudden Strike 4
Total War Warhammer 2
Civilization VI

#BaltimoreStrong
EnLiteEndOne

Post by EnLiteEndOne »

PS4 holiday pickups

South Park: Fractured but Whole
Uncharted 4
Middle Earth: Shadow of War

Got them for under $20 total. So far the wife is playing South Park and it looks great. I've been mashing thru Uncharted 4. It's good, but same old climb, shoot, & solve stuff that we are all used to.
Lampin'