Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

What are you playing right now?

Video game themed message board
YBBR

Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by YBBR »

Hades, great game. 9.5/10

Still fucking around with higher heat levels. Game feels incredible to play.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

Started a new game in Ghost of Tshushima.

On pc I'm eyeballing Transport Fever.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

I've been playing NCAAF '09 (DeSean Jackson) again. The ol' PS2 I got almost 20 years ago still purrs like a kitten. I bought the newest NCAAF for PS2 ('11 with Tebow on the cover) for like $25.

'11 is fun but the Dynasty Mode doesn't put in any FB recruits above 2-Star unless you create them before the recruiting period so I don't like it as much. I bought a PS2-to-HDMI cord so the graphics are fine.

I subbed all FCS Schools for the Power 5 Schools and then I have the Sun Belts, Wac, Mountain West, and a few C-USA teams in there and it's fun/different. The football gameplay is legit and with the Op Sports sliders, it's fun as hell.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Hell Let Loose releases tomorrow followed by Far Cry 6 on Friday.

#BaltimoreStrong
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

jffl_commish wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:01 pm
jffl_commish wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:13 pm I need a game for the weekend. What's new that's good?
Assassin's Creed Origins it is. Deluxe edition on sale in the PlayStation store for $14.
I've just got back into Cyberpunk 2077. Playing the Corpo lifestyle and really like the small differences so far.

#BaltimoreStrong
cmd24
***Official 2019 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by cmd24 »

I’m bouncing between Retro Bowl and Dirt Trackin’ 2, on my phone. Might be the nerdiest one out there.
*** Official 2019 Disputed Brackets Champ ***
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

PGA 2k21 is available as the freebie game this month on PSN. The announcers are horrible and make the game damn near unplayable.
Let's get Tropical
Drunken1

Post by Drunken1 »

I just finished Guardians of the Galaxy and loved it.

I'm currently playing Fallout 4 as I never got around to it.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Drunken1 wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:01 pm I just finished Guardians of the Galaxy and loved it.

I'm currently playing Fallout 4 as I never got around to it.
Check out Herky's FO4 setup he has on page 16 of this thread. It's badass. :thumbsup:

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
salamander

Post by salamander »

LordNu wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:13 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:24 am
LordNu wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:34 pm

I don't think it's that, rather I just am not excited about anything in it. I also find the controls far too annoying at times. Other people say it just takes a while.

Maybe I should give Genshin Impact a try...
Couldn't get in to it at all.

This is coming from someone that completes every Rock Star game and I like the first Red dead. Many people thought it sucked.

The controls are unresponsive and the game felt like a slow, plodding chore.
So it's not just me. I only eve heard people rave about it.

How far did you get?
Same here. I was not a fan of RDR2. It was boring.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

I think what we're seeing here is that the "prologue" for RDR2 was VERY VERY VERY long and a lot of people never got through it, which to me "opened the game up". Mileage may vary on what sort of difference that may have made.

I personally feel like the controls were absolutely fine. I'd even say they were VERY well done.

End of the day, I enjoyed it and that's all I really care about. But just my perspective on what people didn't like about it.

Games I'm playing right now.

Riders Republic
Forza Horizon 5
Madden 25
Fac Cry 6
Total War Rome 2

#BaltimoreStrong
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Can’t put down Jurassic Park Evolution 2.

It’s like I’m a kid again. Building the park of dreams…

DINOSAURS!!!!!

#BaltimoreStrong
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Kingdom: Two Crown new DLC Norse Lands - good coop with gf

Actraiser: Renaissance

I started playing the switch a bit. It's great for indies.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I'm back to playing Skyrim on the PS5.
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

jffl_commish wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:44 pm I'm back to playing Skyrim on the PS5.
I just watched a funny video from G4 TV about Skyrim's new release and people buying. What a great game.

jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:00 pm
jffl_commish wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:44 pm I'm back to playing Skyrim on the PS5.
I just watched a funny video from G4 TV about Skyrim's new release and people buying. What a great game.
Yep, an absolute all-timer. The load in screens are a lot faster now.
Let's get Tropical
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

Just picked up Skyrim special edition for $16 at GameStop for the Xbox 1. Never got around to playing this game.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I picked up a new TV on black Friday. It's like playing a new game! What a difference going from a 4 series to a 6 series.
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Jimi_Thing wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:37 pm Just picked up Skyrim special edition for $16 at GameStop for the Xbox 1. Never got around to playing this game.
Enjoy! It's so massive. After you get peaked out on alchemy, smithing and enchanting, there's a way to make yourself pretty much a god.
Let's get Tropical
salamander

Post by salamander »

LordNu wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:25 pm Kingdom: Two Crown new DLC Norse Lands - good coop with gf

Wait... Actraiser franchise is still going?
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

salamander wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:24 pm
LordNu wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:25 pm Kingdom: Two Crown new DLC Norse Lands - good coop with gf

Reboot of the original. It has added a few new elements, still the Actraiser we love and know. Always been a fan of the game, so thought I'd give it a shot. Square Enix have rebooted everything almost, just waiting for Chrono Trigger...
salamander

Post by salamander »

LordNu wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:58 pm

Reboot of the original. It has added a few new elements, still the Actraiser we love and know. Always been a fan of the game, so thought I'd give it a shot. Square Enix have rebooted everything almost, just waiting for Chrono Trigger...
Ahhhh, gotcha. I still own Actraiser II (I think it's II anyways). In a box somewhere with Mario RPG.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

salamander wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:21 pm

Ahhhh, gotcha. I still own Actraiser II (I think it's II anyways). In a box somewhere with Mario RPG.
Yeah II was just a side=scroller, whereas the original had this world builder element. For a game created in 1990, it was completely revolutionary.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Reports are they have a team working on a remake of Chrono Cross. They are going to give it the FF7R treatment. So probably something to keep your eye on.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

YBBR wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:49 pm

Reports are they have a team working on a remake of Chrono Cross. They are going to give it the FF7R treatment. So probably something to keep your eye on.
Never played Chrono Cross. Would probably give it a try, but it is no Chrono Trigger.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

LordNu wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:47 pm

Never played Chrono Cross. Would probably give it a try, but it is no Chrono Trigger.
It's an interesting game. At the time it received pretty rave reviews. It never 100% clicked with me. Despite having a great battle system, great graphics for the time, and just a stellar soundtrack. I think the story was too convoluted for my young brain.

It was very ambitious. I'm pretty intrigued to see what they would do with it. Especially if it comes out and has the same high quality as FF7R. There are definitely people out there that contend it is better than Trigger.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Anyone playing Age of Empires IV? I downloaded it but haven't played yet. Looks good though.

#BaltimoreStrong
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

YBBR wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:17 pm
LordNu wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:47 pm
It's an interesting game. At the time it received pretty rave reviews. It never 100% clicked with me. Despite having a great battle system, great graphics for the time, and just a stellar soundtrack. I think the story was too convoluted for my young brain.

It was very ambitious. I'm pretty intrigued to see what they would do with it. Especially if it comes out and has the same high quality as FF7R. There are definitely people out there that contend it is better than Trigger.
I played it back in the Golden Era of jrpg's but never finished it. I didn't like it as much either, but I too was perhaps too young to process the depths of it.

salamander

Post by salamander »

LordNu wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:59 pm

Yeah II was just a side=scroller, whereas the original had this world builder element. For a game created in 1990, it was completely revolutionary.
I did actually play the first one. Don't know why they went away from the world builder thing. It was fun.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

salamander wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:53 pm
LordNu wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:59 pm

I did actually play the first one. Don't know why they went away from the world builder thing. It was fun.
Totally. It's what made the game distinct.