Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Madden 21

Video game themed message board
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Madden 21

Post by Mandatory »

I picked it up last weekend sand can't say it's as bad as all the hatred it's getting. Of course Madden is a pathetic/lazy release at this point but it's nothing it hasn't been for years, and I actually think this years game feels better than the last two.

FWIW... also the Chargers are really fun to play as. New stadium, sweet new unis and a stacked roster outside of QB, which are both still fun to play with.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
UnFadeable21

Re: Madden 21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Mandatory wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:21 pm I picked it up last weekend sand can't say it's as bad as all the hatred it's getting. Of course Madden is a pathetic/lazy release at this point but it's nothing it hasn't been for years, and I actually think this years game feels better than the last two.

FWIW... also the Chargers are really fun to play as. New stadium, sweet new unis and a stacked roster outside of QB, which are both still fun to play with.
They haven’t fixed or updated Franchise mode so I won’t pick it up until it’s for sale for like 20-30 bucks.0
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:02 pm
Mandatory wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:21 pm I picked it up last weekend sand can't say it's as bad as all the hatred it's getting. Of course Madden is a pathetic/lazy release at this point but it's nothing it hasn't been for years, and I actually think this years game feels better than the last two.

They haven’t fixed or updated Franchise mode so I won’t pick it up until it’s for sale for like 20-30 bucks.0
I haven't played much madden the last say 7 years... so that's probably why I'm somewhat enjoying it. As I'm ignorant, what needs to be fixed with franchise? I certainly agree they haven't updated it in like 10 years.

#BaltimoreStrong
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Thanks for buying it to make sure it keeps being a pathetic and lazy release for years to come.

It's posts like these that make me understand why these video game companies do what they do. Make sure to buy some MUT packs while you are at it! :thumbsup:
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:58 pm

Thanks for buying it to make sure it keeps being a pathetic and lazy release for years to come.

It's posts like these that make me understand why these video game companies do what they do. Make sure to buy some MUT packs while you are at it! :thumbsup:
:lol:

I haven't bought it in at least 5 years, so I'm not the problem and I fucking hate MUT since it showed up in my favorite sports game FIFA about 7-8 years ago.

Thinking that not buying madden is going to do anything is like thinking voting 3rd party in November is going to do anything.

Still love ya tube.

#BaltimoreStrong
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Mandatory wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:02 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:58 pm

:lol:

I haven't bought it in at least 5 years, so I'm not the problem and I fucking hate MUT since it showed up in my favorite sports game FIFA about 7-8 years ago.

Thinking that not buying madden is going to do anything is like thinking voting 3rd party in November is going to do anything.

Still love ya tube.
:beer:
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
salamander

Post by salamander »

I haven't bought Madden since the Adrian Peterson cover year. I did play a few games on last years version and though it had gotten better.
That being said, I hate the new menu interface. HATE IT.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Just bought this game for the first time in 15 years. It's downloading and installing now. I normally wouldn't but I need to fill the hole NCAA Football left. I wish they would release the 360 games on Gamepass but wont, so here I am with Madden
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Herky

Post by Herky »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:04 pm Just bought this game for the first time in 15 years. It's downloading and installing now. I normally wouldn't but I need to fill the hole NCAA Football left. I wish they would release the 360 games on Gamepass but wont, so here I am with Madden
I think it plays well after the latest patch. I use these sliders and am happy with the gameplay.

League Settings

Quarter Length - 10 minutes

Accelerated Clock - Off

Skill Level - All-Pro

League Type - All

Instant Starer - Off

Trade Deadline - On

Trade Type - Enable All

Coach Firing - On

Salary Cap - On

Relocation Settings - Everyone Can Relocate

Injury - On

Pre Existing Injury - Off

Practice Squad Stealing - On

Fill Roster - Off

Re-Sign Players - Off

Progress Players - Off

Sign Off-Season Free Agents - Off

Tutorial Pop-Ups - Off

Human Sliders

QB Accuracy - 45

Pass Blocking - 50

WR Catching - 50

Run Blocking - 46 (-4)

Fumbles - 48

Pass Defense Reaction Time - 50

Interceptions - 35

Pass Coverage - 50

Tackling - 48

CPU Sliders

QB Accuracy - 45

Pass Blocking - 52 (+2)

WR Catching - 50

Run Blocking - 50

Fumbles - 48

Interceptions - 35

Pass Coverage - 50

Tackling - 48

Injuries - 39

Fatigue - 52 (+2)

Player Speed Parity Scale - 59 (+9)

Special Teams

FG Power - 70 (+20)

FG Accuracy - 40 (-5)

Punt Power - 55 (+5)

Punt Accuracy - 45

Kickoff Power - 52 (+2)

Penalties

Offside - 60

False Start - 60

Holding - 60

Facemask - 51

Defensive Pass Interference - 70 (+5)

Illegal Block In The Back - 51

Roughing The Passer - 50

All other penalties are toggled “On”

Auto Subs - Default

XP Sliders

Quarterbacks: 77

Halfbacks: 111

Tight Ends: 117

Wide Receivers: 89

Fullbacks: 114

Tackles: 120

Guards: 120

Centers: 122

Defensive Ends: 102

Defensive Tackles: 105

Middle Linebackers: 80

Outside Linebackers: 81

Cornerbacks: 115

Free Safeties: 120

Strong Safeties: 120

Kickers: 124

Punters: 124
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Herky wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:21 am
Tommy_Hawk wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:04 pm Just bought this game for the first time in 15 years. It's downloading and installing now. I normally wouldn't but I need to fill the hole NCAA Football left. I wish they would release the 360 games on Gamepass but wont, so here I am with Madden
I think it plays well after the latest patch. I use these sliders and am happy with the gameplay.

League Settings

Accelerated Clock - Off

Skill Level - All-Pro

League Type - All

Instant Starer - Off

Trade Deadline - On

Trade Type - Enable All

Coach Firing - On

Salary Cap - On

Injury - On

Fill Roster - Off

Re-Sign Players - Off

Progress Players - Off

Tutorial Pop-Ups - Off

Human Sliders

QB Accuracy - 45

Pass Blocking - 50

WR Catching - 50

Run Blocking - 46 (-4)

Fumbles - 48

Interceptions - 35

Pass Coverage - 50

Tackling - 48

CPU Sliders

QB Accuracy - 45

Pass Blocking - 52 (+2)

WR Catching - 50

Run Blocking - 50

Fumbles - 48

Interceptions - 35

Pass Coverage - 50

Tackling - 48

Injuries - 39

Fatigue - 52 (+2)

Special Teams

FG Power - 70 (+20)

FG Accuracy - 40 (-5)

Punt Power - 55 (+5)

Punt Accuracy - 45

Kickoff Power - 52 (+2)

Penalties

Offside - 60

False Start - 60

Holding - 60

Facemask - 51

Roughing The Passer - 50

Auto Subs - Default

XP Sliders

Thanks!

I played a little last night, and it was okay. It feels so arcade-y compared to the PS2 Maddens, but so did NCAA on 360.

There's a lot of stuff going on I wasn't aware of. But I suppose if you've been playing year after year youre already acclimated. Ill do a deeper dive later this week.

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Do those sliders work on Pro?

#BaltimoreStrong
Herky

Post by Herky »

Mandatory wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:40 am Do those sliders work on Pro?
Haven't tried them on Pro. I've seen some Pro slider sets out there and they are very different with the values so I'm thinking they are made for All Pro. for example on Operation Sports the guy who has been doing some Pro sliders is using this.

Change the following as USER/CPU

QB Accuracy: 1/50
Pass Blocking: 0/50
Wr Catching: 40/55
Run Blocking: 0/75
Fumbles: 25/60
Pass reaction: 25/60
Interceptions: 30/65
Pass coverage: 25/60
Tackling: 30/60

FG power: 50
FG accuracy: 40
Punt Power: 50
Punt accuracy: 45
Kickoff Power: 50

Injuries: 25
Fatigue: 50
Player Speed Parity Scale: 40

Penalties:
Offsides: 85
False start: 75
Holding: 65
Facemask: 50
DPI: 75
Offensive pass interference: ON
Illegal block in back: 55
Roughing passer: 40
Intentional Grounding: OFF
Kicker/catcher interference: ON
Running into the kicker: OFF
Roughing the kicker: OFF
Illegal Contact: OFF

Auto subs:

Qb 70/85
Rb 84/89
Wr 80/85
Te 70/85
Ol 40/80
Dt 70/85
De 70/85
Lb 40/80
Cb 40/80
S 40/80
salamander

Post by salamander »

I used to love subbing my dudes in and out on the fly.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Herky wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:21 am

League Settings

Accelerated Clock - Off

Skill Level - All-Pro

League Type - All

Instant Starer - Off

Trade Deadline - On

Trade Type - Enable All

Coach Firing - On

Salary Cap - On

Injury - On

Fill Roster - Off

Re-Sign Players - Off

Progress Players - Off

Tutorial Pop-Ups - Off

Human Sliders

QB Accuracy - 45

Pass Blocking - 50

WR Catching - 50

Run Blocking - 46 (-4)

Fumbles - 48

Interceptions - 35

Pass Coverage - 50

Tackling - 48

CPU Sliders

QB Accuracy - 45

Pass Blocking - 52 (+2)

WR Catching - 50

Run Blocking - 50

Fumbles - 48

Interceptions - 35

Pass Coverage - 50

Tackling - 48

Injuries - 39

Fatigue - 52 (+2)

Special Teams

FG Power - 70 (+20)

FG Accuracy - 40 (-5)

Punt Power - 55 (+5)

Punt Accuracy - 45

Kickoff Power - 52 (+2)

Penalties

Offside - 60

False Start - 60

Holding - 60

Facemask - 51

Roughing The Passer - 50

Auto Subs - Default

XP Sliders

I just installed these on my Franchise last night. It was solid and the game felt pretty realistic. I kept getting my ass kicked last night but I'm still getting used to the janky running mechanics.

Herky

Post by Herky »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:45 pm
I just installed these on my Franchise last night. It was solid and the game felt pretty realistic. I kept getting my ass kicked last night but I'm still getting used to the janky running mechanics.
They have literally been patching this game about every two weeks. Another one dropped last night. The game was really bad out of the box but they are slowly fixing it. Franchise mode changes are supposed to be coming for the better in the next couple of months.

Once you get a few games under your belt and start figuring out things you'll be the one kicking ass.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Herky wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:03 am
They have literally been patching this game about every two weeks. Another one dropped last night. The game was really bad out of the box but they are slowly fixing it. Franchise mode changes are supposed to be coming for the better in the next couple of months.

Once you get a few games under your belt and start figuring out things you'll be the one kicking ass.
What franchise mode changes are they making? It's been exactly the same for like 10 years.

#BaltimoreStrong
Herky

Post by Herky »

Mandatory wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:06 am
Herky wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:03 am

What franchise mode changes are they making? It's been exactly the same for like 10 years.
This article goes into their plans. Next year they are supposed to do more with franchise.

https://www.operationsports.com/ea-prov ... hise-mode/
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

My mut team got suspended for cheating.. says something about coins. I got better things to do than cheat at mut, I maybe play once or twice a week. Mother fuckers. I got a ticket in to support.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Rusty Kuntz wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:08 pm My mut team got suspended for cheating.. says something about coins. I got better things to do than cheat at mut, I maybe play once or twice a week. Mother fuckers. I got a ticket in to support.
MUT and FUT are ruining Madden and Fifa.

#BaltimoreStrong
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

Mandatory wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:00 pm
Rusty Kuntz wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:08 pm My mut team got suspended for cheating.. says something about coins. I got better things to do than cheat at mut, I maybe play once or twice a week. Mother fuckers. I got a ticket in to support.
So stupid. It's a money grab by them. The shitty part is, is some people, i dont know who, pay for the extra coins and stuff to get a player. It won't end until people stop buying them
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

DC4MVP

Post by DC4MVP »

Rusty Kuntz wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:30 pm
i dont know who
Kids/teens using their parents' debit cards.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

DC4MVP wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:46 pm
Rusty Kuntz wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:30 pm

i dont know who
Kids/teens using their parents' debit cards.
Like 4 years ago, there was a way I found to manipulate the card selling market. Basically I'd sweep up every gold badge under 400 coins. So I would buy for either 300 or 350. Then I'd immediately put them back on the market for 400-500 coins a piece, and would just rinse and repeat. No one could sell under 400 without me picking the majority of them up, and players at those times of day were forced to buy the gold badge at 400+ if they needed one. I gained a nice edge that way in MUT without spending a dime. I must not have been the only one doing that though, because the next Madden seemed to prevent players from doing things like that. That was the last Madden I bought.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

bubu dubu. wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:02 am Image
Lol

Absolutely atrocious.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

I turned all the fancy shit off, and just play season. I traded Cousins' bitch ass to the Bears for some DT and WR help. I got Jaylen Hurts at QB and Josh Rosen as backup QB. I use Cook like a work horse, 20-30 touches a game, and throw a lot of short-to-intermediate routes with Hurts' poor accuracy.

What helps is scrambling, then using the XP points gained from scrambling towards "Pocket Passer", which gives homeboy a way higher ceiling for growth at a cheap contract.

Its fun, but I think I only say that because I haven't played NCAA for two years when I got the Red Ring of Death on my 360. Fuck MUT. That mode is made for kids by adult kids.

Herky

Post by Herky »

MUT is horseshit. I hate that Madden turned their focus to that BS.