Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

All Things FromSoftware: SoulsBourneCoreRing

Video game themed message board
Moses Scurry

Re: Elden Ring

Post by Moses Scurry »

Just saw a news article, most played game on Sony's Playstation Now for PC......Bloodborne.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Moses Scurry wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:13 am Just saw a news article, most played game on Sony's Playstation Now for PC......Bloodborne.
I'm a little surprised. Didn't realize that game had reached those heights.

One of the best games ever made though so.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

salamander wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:13 pm
Moses Scurry wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:13 am Just saw a news article, most played game on Sony's Playstation Now for PC......Bloodborne.

Is it? I know from reading your guys' post here that you at Mo like sword fight battle-style games. I've never played Bloodborne despite its rave reviews.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:34 am

Is it? I know from reading your guys' post here that you at Mo like sword fight battle-style games. I've never played Bloodborne despite its rave reviews.
I don't like all those type of action games. Few reasons I like From's take on them:
1. No elaborate cutscenes that get in the way of the actual gameplay. Boss cutscenes are about it and they are optional. Spare me the expository dialog.
2. No ticking clock. I can linger and go as slow as I want, look in every corner and take my time.
3. It's not arcadie. It's got a gritty look, no cartoon effects, and the combat has a weighty feel to it.

Once you know how to play their games, it's a pleasure and never feels hard and unfair.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:34 am

Difficult to get into FromSoftware games but they're about as rewarding an experience as it gets.

Tough but fair. Combat is about as good as you can find in a sword action game.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
salamander

Post by salamander »

YBBR

Post by YBBR »

There's footage of it. Saw they released a network test of it to select people. Saw Nextlander go through what they could show.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

I'm avoiding all prehype, want to go in as blind as possible.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Yeah, I watched a bit of VaatiVidya's stuff on it and then immediately thought. Dammit, why did I watch that.

Horse combat looks pretty dope though.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

salamander wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:01 pm Yeah, I watched a bit of VaatiVidya's stuff on it and then immediately thought. Dammit, why did I watch that.

Horse combat looks pretty dope though.
Yep, watched the first 3 minutes of vaati's video and thought, wtf are you doing?!

Looks sweet, doubt I'll have any complaints unless it's too short.
Abe Froman
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Abe Froman »

Just watched a gameplay video of this one. Pretty excited. I was a little reserved about it until now because it just feels like I don't have time for "difficult" games. Having to constantly replay a boss fight pisses me off, but... There isn't a hell of a lot else coming out, I might as well spend the better part of March and April screaming obsinities at my tv and trying as hard as I can to not break my $70 Xbox controller... Still though... I kinda can't wait until 2/22/22
I made this!
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I could use a new one too. I'm just playing Cyberpunk again and doing pretty much everything before the ending.
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Im excited for this. Rignt now I'm playing Witcher 3 again. I never beat it on PS4, so it's really fun. I just hope it's not bugged out.

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

jffl_commish wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:52 am I could use a new one too. I'm just playing Cyberpunk again and doing pretty much everything before the ending.
I probably should play that one again. I've been working my way through the Halo Master chief Collection, Halo 5, and Infinite.

So far I've finished Reach, 3, and Infinite. It's kinda fun replaying some of these and they hold up better than you think. Still can't get myself to play CE and 2 though. Pretty sure they will forever be over played in my mind from back in the day.
I made this!
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

So the snippets of reviews I've glanced at basically say, Dark Souls 3 + Sekiro + horses + big world. What's not to love.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:05 am Im excited for this. Rignt now I'm playing Witcher 3 again. I never beat it on PS4, so it's really fun. I just hope it's not bugged out.
Weird. I just picked up Witcher again over the last month too. I don't know why I quite this game the first time around after White Orchard. Didn't like it. I can't get enough of it right now though.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Moses Scurry wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:51 am So the snippets of reviews I've glanced at basically say, Dark Souls 3 + Sekiro + horses + big world. What's not to love.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

salamander wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:07 pm
Moses Scurry wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:51 am So the snippets of reviews I've glanced at basically say, Dark Souls 3 + Sekiro + horses + big world. What's not to love.
We may need to co-op!
salamander

Post by salamander »

Moses Scurry wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:52 pm
salamander wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:07 pm
We may need to co-op!
Fuck yeah.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

So many spooky ghosts in here.
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

salamander wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:05 pm
Tommy_Hawk wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:05 am Im excited for this. Rignt now I'm playing Witcher 3 again. I never beat it on PS4, so it's really fun. I just hope it's not bugged out.
Weird. I just picked up Witcher again over the last month too. I don't know why I quite this game the first time around after White Orchard. Didn't like it. I can't get enough of it right now though.
It's really good and a huge time suck. I'm like 20 hours in and only at level 13. I'm plodding through, checking out all the nooks and crannies (like in Cyberpunk. Each little question mark on the map is a featured spot the Devs made, and are worth checking out). It's a perfect game for winter where I don't feel like a piece of a shit playing for 3 hours when I could be outside.

salamander

Post by salamander »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:21 pm
It's really good and a huge time suck. I'm like 20 hours in and only at level 13. I'm plodding through, checking out all the nooks and crannies (like in Cyberpunk. Each little question mark on the map is a featured spot the Devs made, and are worth checking out). It's a perfect game for winter where I don't feel like a piece of a shit playing for 3 hours when I could be outside.
Nice. I just got to Skellige recently. I can't believe how massive this game it and I still haven't gotten sick of it.
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

Yeah, I've been trying to get my dead ass back into gaming after really not doing too much of it over the past two years. Halo Infinite was a god sent for that. It got me playing all of the other halos. I'm just realizing I barely played any of them since Halo 2. It's pretty surprising, honestly. I thought I played to like the kid points of each game, but clearly I didn't... I don't think I even touched Reach, and 3 and 4 are like brand new games to me it's been so long since I played them. 5 I knew I didnt play, but even that one is kinda cool for as bad of a rep as it's got.

So far been a pretty fun after work play through. Probably will finish 4 and ODST this week. Might move onto finishing 5 next week.
I made this!
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Abe Froman wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:16 pm

Yeah, I've been trying to get my dead ass back into gaming after really not doing too much of it over the past two years. Halo Infinite was a god sent for that. It got me playing all of the other halos. I'm just realizing I barely played any of them since Halo 2. It's pretty surprising, honestly. I thought I played to like the kid points of each game, but clearly I didn't... I don't think I even touched Reach, and 3 and 4 are like brand new games to me it's been so long since I played them. 5 I knew I didnt play, but even that one is kinda cool for as bad of a rep as it's got.

So far been a pretty fun after work play through. Probably will finish 4 and ODST this week. Might move onto finishing 5 next week.
I have Master Chief Collection too, so let me know if you want to play multi-player.

Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:29 pm

I have Master Chief Collection too, so let me know if you want to play multi-player.
Maybe sometime. I'm kinda just into it for the story and shit like that. The multiplayer stuff can be fun, but people take it a lot more seriously than I do.
I made this!
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Abe Froman wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:50 pm

Maybe sometime. I'm kinda just into it for the story and shit like that. The multiplayer stuff can be fun, but people take it a lot more seriously than I do.
Same. My buddy talked me into buying it this fall when it was $15. Mostly I played co-op campaign with him but sometimes multi-player. It's lame to play multi-player by yourself.

Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:09 pm

Same. My buddy talked me into buying it this fall when it was $15. Mostly I played co-op campaign with him but sometimes multi-player. It's lame to play multi-player by yourself.
Yeah, I find it annoying to get trashed talked my a 6th grader who skipped school for 3 straight weeks so he could get good at a certain game so I gave up.
I made this!
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Abe Froman wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:47 pm
Yeah, I find it annoying to get trashed talked my a 6th grader who skipped school for 3 straight weeks so he could get good at a certain game so I gave up.
It's not really like that anymore. Most people are talking to their friends within their party. The cool thing is you can pick what different games and from what Halo games you want to play so it's customizable.

Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:23 am
Abe Froman wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:47 pm

It's not really like that anymore. Most people are talking to their friends within their party. The cool thing is you can pick what different games and from what Halo games you want to play so it's customizable.
I might try again after I finish all the campaigns. Just finished 4 last night. Might finish ODST tonight or just move onto 5. Not a huge fan of ODST honestly. I don't like the whole human city streets thing. Just doesnt feel like Halo to me.
I made this!
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

1 day away!
I made this!