Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Ghost of Tsushima

Video game themed message board
YBBR

Ghost of Tsushima

Post by YBBR »

Out tomorrow. Kinda mixed to positive reviews.It's good but a little formulaic. Kinda sucks was really looking forward to this. Still might pick it up but might wait for a sale. Looks beautiful though.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
LordNu

Re: Ghost of Tsushima

Post by LordNu »

I bought it, but not sure when I will actually play (playing Nioh atm, your fave).

From what I am reading its a great game, not sure where the negativity is coming from.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

I mean, it sounds the same as the usual Sucker Punch games. I never was all that interested in this title because of that fact.

Infamous had great graphics, nice gameplay etc but they were just mediocre games at the end of the day. I feel the same way about Guerilla Games also.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

It didn't download by the time I went to bed last night. Probably going to log out early today and jump in.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

LordNu wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:35 pm I bought it, but not sure when I will actually play (playing Nioh atm, your fave).

From what I am reading its a great game, not sure where the negativity is coming from.
Not negativity but some general nitpicks from the story and writing standpoint and that it's a little bland and generic. Tell me what you think when you get in there.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Combat is supposed to be good. And exporation of the world. I will pick this up but probably wait a bit. Good but not quite great is maybe more the general consensus then my previous mixed statement.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

YBBR wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:15 pm Combat is supposed to be good. And exporation of the world. I will pick this up but probably wait a bit. Good but not quite great is maybe more the general consensus then my previous mixed statement.
I was about to post.. this isn't the first time you've bitched about a couple meh reviews on a game release. You were disappointed? Play the game.

All I care about is if it's fun. I'm about to start it up. Will report.

#BaltimoreStrong
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

I'm an hour or two past the prologue. Game reminds me of a much more stylized Samurai Assassins Creed. I like the lack of traditional waypoints/hud and the visuals are some of the most impressive I've seen in a game. 9/10 so far. I'm pretty sure I haven't really scratched the surface on what the game offers.

#BaltimoreStrong
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Mandatory wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:12 pm I'm an hour or two past the prologue. Game reminds me of a much more stylized Samurai Assassins Creed. I like the lack of traditional waypoints/hud and the visuals are some of the most impressive I've seen in a game. 9/10 so far. I'm pretty sure I haven't really scratched the surface on what the game offers.
:o

Way to go to get me excited!!!!
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Anyone else jump into this yet? I don't think it's the greatest game ever but I definitely think it's worth playing.

Very very much like a Samurai AC game but with a lot of differences too. If you like Samurai themed games you need this.

#BaltimoreStrong
salamander

Post by salamander »

At one point it had like a 9.3 on metacritic.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

salamander wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:45 pm At one point it had like a 9.3 on metacritic.
It keeps getting better and better. Great game.

#BaltimoreStrong
salamander

Post by salamander »

Mandatory wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:02 pm
salamander wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:45 pm At one point it had like a 9.3 on metacritic.
I might have to check it out.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

salamander wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:05 pm
Read the kotaku review. They're always honest and thorough.

#BaltimoreStrong
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Mandatory wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:55 pm

I do go to kotaku daily but never read the reviews. They don't put numbers up do they?
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

LordNu wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:58 pm

I do go to kotaku daily but never read the reviews. They don't put numbers up do they?
Not really, I dont think they do. If you like Samurai culture at all you need to play this game.

#BaltimoreStrong
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

There's some that feels like the last Far Cry game and some that feels like the last AC game but in the end I think it's better than both of those games.

#BaltimoreStrong
salamander

Post by salamander »

Will do.
salamander

Post by salamander »

I bought this and just cause 4. Probably play just cause first because you can usually cruise through those games.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

salamander wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:28 pm I bought this and just cause 4. Probably play just cause first because you can usually cruise through those games.
I have Just Cause 4. I don't think this game is any deeper in the sense of how long it will take you to complete.

#BaltimoreStrong
salamander

Post by salamander »

Mandatory wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:32 pm
salamander wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:28 pm I bought this and just cause 4. Probably play just cause first because you can usually cruise through those games.
I have Just Cause 4. I don't think this game is any deeper in the sense of how long it will take you to complete.
Nice.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Anyone else ever pick this up? I stopped playing just because there was too many other games I wanted to play but I think it's still a great title.

#BaltimoreStrong
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Mandatory wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:23 pm Anyone else ever pick this up? I stopped playing just because there was too many other games I wanted to play but I think it's still a great title.
Getting around to it... Same situation, too many games. Days Gone atm.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Started this today. I'm getting that sinking feeling that the map is going to be littered with go here check the box crap.

Love the scenery though. The landscapes are gorgeous. I always appreciate that.
salamander

Post by salamander »

I'm really liking this game a lot. Still on the first island and I'm already a master swordman though. Combat is fun. I enjoy the serenity parts a lot.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Anyone still playing this? I picked up the PS5 directors cut version and was thinking about jumping back in. I'm wondering what's changed or been released since the original release date.

#BaltimoreStrong
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

Yeah, so it turns out this game is fucking badass and I'm the only person on the planet who hasn't played it before tonight... Picked it up used for the PS5 last weekend. I'm not disappointed.
I made this!
salamander

Post by salamander »

Abe Froman wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:14 pm Yeah, so it turns out this game is fucking badass and I'm the only person on the planet who hasn't played it before tonight... Picked it up used for the PS5 last weekend. I'm not disappointed.
That game is absolutely phenomenal. One of the best atmosphere's (aura?) in gaming, ever created.
Galloping with the wind feels so good. It's something Red Dead 2 didn't do for me.
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

salamander wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:54 am
Abe Froman wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:14 pm Yeah, so it turns out this game is fucking badass and I'm the only person on the planet who hasn't played it before tonight... Picked it up used for the PS5 last weekend. I'm not disappointed.
That game is absolutely phenomenal. One of the best atmosphere's (aura?) in gaming, ever created.
Galloping with the wind feels so good. It's something Red Dead 2 didn't do for me.
I'm working from home today, because God decided to dump another foot of white and fluffy on us with strong winds happening later today... Anyway, every chance I get I'm playing this game. Idk why I kept avoiding it. The whole samurai thing never really has spoken to me, but this game is pretty damn good.
I made this!
salamander

Post by salamander »

Abe Froman wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:06 am
salamander wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:54 am
I'm working from home today, because God decided to dump another foot of white and fluffy on us with strong winds happening later today... Anyway, every chance I get I'm playing this game. Idk why I kept avoiding it. The whole samurai thing never really has spoken to me, but this game is pretty damn good.
Not really sure why I got it because the open world games don't usually do it for me anymore. (Too much to do) But they did such a good job.