Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Red Dead Redemption 2

Video game themed message board
salamander

Re: Red Dead Redemption 2

Post by salamander »

Just started this game over the weekend. Does Arthur's voice annoy anyone else? He runs like he's got a stick up his "arse" too.
Other than that, this is fun as hell.

One more thing I was very disappointed with, I had the bandana up, over my face, and there was still a witness to me breaking some dude out of a caged wagon and now there's a bounty on my head. That irritated me. It says right on the bandana to use it to hide who you are while doing crimes.

How do I get this bounty off my head?
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

salamander wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:43 pm Just started this game over the weekend. Does Arthur's voice annoy anyone else? He runs like he's got a stick up his "arse" too.

One more thing I was very disappointed with, I had the bandana up, over my face, and there was still a witness to me breaking some dude out of a caged wagon and now there's a bounty on my head. That irritated me. It says right on the bandana to use it to hide who you are while doing crimes.

If you are going to commit a crime, use the bandana. Witnesses will still call the law, but if you ride off in time, before they spot you, and wait out their search then you wont have a bounty.

Maybe you didnt have the bandana on and you thought you did?
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:05 pm
salamander wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:43 pm Just started this game over the weekend. Does Arthur's voice annoy anyone else? He runs like he's got a stick up his "arse" too.

If you are going to commit a crime, use the bandana. Witnesses will still call the law, but if you ride off in time, before they spot you, and wait out their search then you wont have a bounty.

You got something for me, boah?
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
salamander

Post by salamander »

No, I had it on but I didn't ride away and ended up dying in the gun fight.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
salamander

Post by salamander »

So how do I get the bounty off my head?

I now have a $300 bounty on my head for breaking Micah out of jail (while having the bandana on the entire time).
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

salamander wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:24 am So how do I get the bounty off my head?

I now have a $300 bounty on my head for breaking Micah out of jail (while having the bandana on the entire time).
Towns can still recognize your clothes, you show up sans bandana in same clothes they know you.

Go to any train station and you can clear bounties... I'm guessing you're at the part of the game where it introduces paying off bounties so keep playing.

#BaltimoreStrong
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

salamander wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:23 am

No wonder you have a bounty. You're not supposed to die.

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Mandatory wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:00 pm
salamander wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:24 am So how do I get the bounty off my head?

Towns can still recognize your clothes, you show up sans bandana in same clothes they know you.

Go to any train station and you can clear bounties... I'm guessing you're at the part of the game where it introduces paying off bounties so keep playing.
Yeah, pretty early in the game. I don't think they've even showed me yet.

So if I show up in town in a new outfit and a bandana already on then I can rob and kill people as I please without getting a bounty?
salamander

Post by salamander »

Abe Froman wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:09 pm

You have to pay them off at the train depot. It's sometimes easier to go to a different area to pay it than to wait around until the heat is off in the area that you committed the crime in. So, for example, I shot some dude in the face in his hotel room in Valentine. Apparently this is a major infraction of the law there, so there was a lot of upset people trying to kill me. Rather than waiting and hiding out in the country side around Valentine, I just rode over to Wallace station to pay the bounty. Good as gold from there.
Ahhh, gotcha. That's easy enough. On a side note, what a bunch of pussies those boys in Valentine are. Can't kill people without pissing them off?

Screw those nancies.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:57 pm

Yeah, It was like 3 dudes too. I was very embarrassed.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

salamander wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:59 pm

You have to run away dood... you can't just sit there and stay invisible/not gain a bounty.

#BaltimoreStrong
salamander

Post by salamander »

Mandatory wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:04 pm

You have to run away dood... you can't just sit there and stay invisible/not gain a bounty.
Whaaaat? That's bullshit.

Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

salamander wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:07 pm
Mandatory wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:04 pm

Whaaaat? That's bullshit.

:irked:

#BaltimoreStrong
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

salamander wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:58 pm

You have to pay them off at the train depot. It's sometimes easier to go to a different area to pay it than to wait around until the heat is off in the area that you committed the crime in. So, for example, I shot some dude in the face in his hotel room in Valentine. Apparently this is a major infraction of the law there, so there was a lot of upset people trying to kill me. Rather than waiting and hiding out in the country side around Valentine, I just rode over to Wallace station to pay the bounty. Good as gold from there.
Ahhh, gotcha. That's easy enough. On a side note, what a bunch of pussies those boys in Valentine are. Can't kill people without pissing them off?

Screw those nancies.
Have you ever considered Griefing? You have a tremendous aptitude for it.

:punch:

Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

Went hunting for a long time last night. Had quite the impressive haul (3 wolf pelts, 2 ram pelts, etc. and black bear hide) but as I was taking my sweet time heading back to camp......I ran into a Grizzly. Fuck!!!!
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Jimi_Thing wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:53 pm Went hunting for a long time last night. Had quite the impressive haul (3 wolf pelts, 2 ram pelts, etc. and black bear hide) but as I was taking my sweet time heading back to camp......I ran into a Grizzly. Fuck!!!!
Yeah, sounds like a real predicament. So did you stick with the black bear hide, or switch it out for the newer grizzly bear hide?

Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:05 pm
Jimi_Thing wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:53 pm Went hunting for a long time last night. Had quite the impressive haul (3 wolf pelts, 2 ram pelts, etc. and black bear hide) but as I was taking my sweet time heading back to camp......I ran into a Grizzly. Fuck!!!!
Yeah, sounds like a real predicament. So did you stick with the black bear hide, or switch it out for the newer grizzly bear hide?
I got killed by the grizzly bear. Horse bucked me off and the bear made quick work of me. I reappeared with none of my hunting hides that I was hoping to being back to camp.
DC4MVP

Post by DC4MVP »

Don't waste your time with anything you can't put in your pockets.

Birds should be your main focus. Their feathers can be worth a lot especially condors, eagles, pelicans, etc.

You can get a $100 an off-load with no risk to lose your items after about 30 minutes of hunting.
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

DC4MVP wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:21 pm

Birds should be your main focus. Their feathers can be worth a lot especially condors, eagles, pelicans, etc.

You can get a $100 an off-load with no risk to lose your items after about 30 minutes of hunting.
I was hunting to complete challenges and upgrade my camp. Basically taking a break from the story mode.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Abe Froman wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:23 am

Well... use the bow so that you have a better chance at getting a better quality hide. Get 2 extra horses. You can have your horse, your temporary horse, and one additional horse. You ride the additional horse, and whistle for the other two to follow. Keep in mind there are different types of whistle depending on how hard and long you press the button. Now you can bring 3 large hides and 6 birds in addition to all the smaller hides and bag shit you want.
Just confirming.. you know you scout the animal with your binoculars first, right? No point in going after an animal that is less than 3 stars. Then just headshot that bastard.

#BaltimoreStrong
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Abe Froman wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:33 am
Mandatory wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:26 am

Well... use the bow so that you have a better chance at getting a better quality hide. Get 2 extra horses. You can have your horse, your temporary horse, and one additional horse. You ride the additional horse, and whistle for the other two to follow. Keep in mind there are different types of whistle depending on how hard and long you press the button. Now you can bring 3 large hides and 6 birds in addition to all the smaller hides and bag shit you want.
Just confirming.. you know you scout the animal with your binoculars first, right? No point in going after an animal that is less than 3 stars. Then just headshot that bastard.
Yeah, but you can spend a lot of time scouting too. If you are doing the challenges, you need to do it this way. If you are just going out on hunts to for the camp and for a little extra money, I don't mess around with that. Just shoot, skin, and sell. It does seem to give you a better chance of getting a better hide if you use the bow though. Maybe it's all in my head.
Ah, gotcha. I'm not sure the bow actually matters.. just use the right gun for the right animal. Maybe the spot you can hit and not ruin the hide is less with a gun vs bow?

#BaltimoreStrong
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Has anyone gone through the hunter challenges so the legendary panther emerges? Those seem like a pain in the ass.

Anyone caught the legendary channel catfish? It seems like a myth, yet shows up on your map when you complete the fishing mission with that dude.
Let's get Tropical
DC4MVP

Post by DC4MVP »

Varmint rifle for birds :)
DC4MVP

Post by DC4MVP »

Abe Froman wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:21 pm
DC4MVP wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:19 pm

Varmint rifle, you douche.
I'm not a huge fan. Actually, I use the bow kind of a lot in the game. It's awesome for stealth kills, and is more powerful than you'd think when hunting. It doesn't spook other animals as easily too.
Love the bow especially when hunting gators, you douche
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

DC4MVP wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:26 pm
DC4MVP wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:19 pm

Varmint rifle, you douche.
I'm not a huge fan. Actually, I use the bow kind of a lot in the game. It's awesome for stealth kills, and is more powerful than you'd think when hunting. It doesn't spook other animals as easily too.
I hunted just enough to get a gator saddle and the best satchel. Never hunted again.

#BaltimoreStrong
DC4MVP

Post by DC4MVP »

Mandatory wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:30 pm

I hunted just enough to get a gator saddle and the best satchel. Never hunted again.
That's because you like men.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

DC4MVP wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:33 pm
Mandatory wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:30 pm

That's because you like men.
I don't see why they have to be mutually exclusive..

#BaltimoreStrong
salamander

Post by salamander »

Abe Froman wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:31 pm

Screw those nancies.
Yeah, idk... I think they post in Polichat.
:lol: :clap:

--------------------
Tommy_Hawk wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:05 pm

Screw those nancies.
Have you ever considered Griefing? You have a tremendous aptitude for it.

:punch:
I had to look that up. And sadly I do that on Fortnite at times. 8-)
Last edited by salamander on Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Abe Froman wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:33 pm
:lol:

If you remove all the context, this is actually a completely different statement.
Wow....

I wonder if I did that on purpose but accidentally?
Last edited by salamander on Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
salamander

Post by salamander »

I found out last night that hunting for squirrels with a shotgun is pretty fun.