Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Red Dead Redemption 2

Video game themed message board
jffl_commish

Re: Red Dead Redemption 2

Post by jffl_commish »

ok, will do. thanks
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

What in the actual fuck was that?
Spoiler:
I went straight back there and shot that dude, a lot.
Let's get Tropical
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

I came across a house yesterday that I approached with every intention of robbing...

I instead came across two dead people inside, a man laying in the middle of the room and a woman dead on the bed and a bloody ass crime scene...my first thought was that I may have been in here before. Although Arthur did react saying something to the effect of "Jesus..."

There was nothing really there to take other than some oddball food and booze. I poked around the back of the house and there was a wagon sitting there (no horses) and another dead lady with a revolver laying next to her. Looted her and she only had a letter, so I read it and it was basically a note from a man to his mistress, saying that he no longer wishes to see the mistress because the wife found out and has forgiven him and wishes to work things out. So he asks the mistress to no longer wait for him at the post office, to no longer send him letters or packages, and to not attempt to contact him ever again.

:(
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

If I could find a bull moose, that'd be great.
Let's get Tropical
DC4MVP

Post by DC4MVP »

The game updated for the 2nd time today and RDO was INSANE for hunting today. Went from about $200 to $575 in about an hour and a half of hunting/fishing.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

jffl_commish wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:56 pm If I could find a bull moose, that'd be great.
Two fucking days looking for a bull moose. Finally find one, shoot him, and can't climb the slope to go get him. WTAF?????
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Yeah, I've been there, Lake Isabella, Lake Cairn..... Tried any of the spawn tricks I can and can only pull female moose. The one bull I found was between the I and N in Ambarino, but he was up a mountain side when I shot him. Animals cruise up and down that slope, but I couldn't on foot or horseback.
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Fort Condor? Do you mean Fort Wallace?
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Finally!

I went back up between the I and N in Ambarino. I found one in the same exact spot up the slope that I can't climb. So instead of shooting him, I baited and ran away, crept back, and there he was eating the bait. Bang!
Let's get Tropical
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

Abe Froman wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:21 pm
jffl_commish wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:06 pm Fort Condor? Do you mean Fort Wallace?
No, Condor. In the lower left corner of the map.
In alabamland. What a noob.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
Vulcan Vidiot

Post by Vulcan Vidiot »

Mandatory wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:34 pm
Abe Froman wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:21 pm
jffl_commish wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:06 pm Fort Condor? Do you mean Fort Wallace?
No, Condor. In the lower left corner of the map.
In alabamland. What a noob.
Really tough to find. You have to almost be standing on top of it.

Once you find it, you'll know you're there.
I have the unique privilege of having my avatar bestowed upon me by The Great and Powerful Abe.
Herky

Post by Herky »

Anyone found the Bar None Dude Ranch yet? Benjamin Ernst is the guy you want to see.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

The horses poop a lot.
Let's get Tropical
DC4MVP

Post by DC4MVP »

Picked up a 65" 4K tv yesterday and got a brand new Xbox One X today for $281 after trade in's....

This game is so....so....so beautiful......my God.

If you thought the game was beautiful/detailed in 1080, 2160 is absolutely stunning.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

I haven't played this game in almost a month. Looking forward to getting back into it. I'm also purchasing an xbone today so I can try the rdr1 again.. if I can find an original copy somewhere.

#BaltimoreStrong
DC4MVP

Post by DC4MVP »

Abe Froman wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:45 am
DC4MVP wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:51 pm Picked up a 65" 4K tv yesterday and got a brand new Xbox One X today for $281 after trade in's....

This game is so....so....so beautiful......my God.

If you thought the game was beautiful/detailed in 1080, 2160 is absolutely stunning.
Try the original Red Dead Redemption. Seriously, it's cheap if you don't already own it. I'm not saying it's going to look as good as RDR2 or anything, but it seriously will surprise you on the XB1x with 4k hdr going.

What brand TV did you pick up? I absolutely love the 55" and 65" TCL's that I picked up in the past 6 months. Especially since I've paid less than $1000 for both TVs. $400 TVs really shouldn't look and work this good.
I've had good luck with Vizio's since 2008 (1st HD TV) so I stayed on that route. It's great for $715.

I've personally never been the type to feel the need to drop $1,300 on a TV. They're obviously better but they're not worth double what I paid for mine. I'd rather get the "budget" TV's and have enough left over for the upgraded Xbox or a new surround sound system (maybe in January) or some blow.
DC4MVP

Post by DC4MVP »

Abe Froman wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:23 am
DC4MVP wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:50 am
Abe Froman wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:45 am

Try the original Red Dead Redemption. Seriously, it's cheap if you don't already own it. I'm not saying it's going to look as good as RDR2 or anything, but it seriously will surprise you on the XB1x with 4k hdr going.

What brand TV did you pick up? I absolutely love the 55" and 65" TCL's that I picked up in the past 6 months. Especially since I've paid less than $1000 for both TVs. $400 TVs really shouldn't look and work this good.
I've had good luck with Vizio's since 2008 (1st HD TV) so I stayed on that route. It's great for $715.

I've personally never been the type to feel the need to drop $1,300 on a TV. They're obviously better but they're not worth double what I paid for mine. I'd rather get the "budget" TV's and have enough left over for the upgraded Xbox or a new surround sound system (maybe in January) or some blow.
There were some pretty good deals on Vizio's when I bought my 65" too, but like you, I went with what I knew. Also, I like having Roku built in. Not that it's necessarily better or worse than other platforms, I just am used to it.

My first true 1080p HD tv was my 50" Samsung plasma. The thing is a tank, and it's still working just fine. The problem is, it just doesn't look as good as I'd like considering the leaps in technology since the mid/late 2000's. Before this I had one of those giant old school rear projection sets that weighed a ton and took up a shit load of room. At least I was smart enough to get a widescreen one that did 1080i which at the time was better than you really needed back in 2001. That thing crapped out about 8 years after I bought it which was perfect. By then the tech had gotten way better, and I wanted to upgrade anyway. I was just talking about this with my dad. Both he and I dropped around $1500 on 50" plasma's in like 06. There were a few more expensive ones on the market, but both his Panasonic and my Samsung were considered to be in the upper third of TV's out at the time. The problem is that they are almost too good. They still work too well and look too good to just give away or discard, but the difference between these newer TV's and the ones we bought back then is very noticeable. Not that I want this one to crap out, but it almost wouldn't have bugged me if it kicked the bucket. It seemed like it was time to upgrade. If I were to do it over again, I'd probably have bought a cheaper tv. Even if it craps out if 5 years, it paid for itself by then, and the tech will have improved enough to warrant a new TV anyway.

Now the problem is what in the fuck do I do with all of these TVs... I have my 65" 4k hdr set up right next to my 50" 1080p plasma which is right next to my 100" 1080p projector in my man cave in the basement. I rarely use my projector anymore, because it's sort of annoying to have to dim the lights so much.

I have my 55" 4k hdr in the living room upstairs, a 39" 1080p in the our bedroom, a 42" 720p plasma in the guest bedroom, a 32" 720p in my wife's art/craft/toss shit on the floor and shut the door room, a 39" 720p LCD in my soon to be exercise room, a 22" 720p in the garage, 2 old ipads that work good as TV's in the kitchen and one to just move around when I want, and a tiny little 15" something p HD LCD without a home... BUT, it fit's great in a suitcase so I bring it with me when I go to conferences and shit. That way I have a TV to do a little gaming on since hotels are assholes and often make it so you can't plug anything into the back of the hotel TV or change the input if you can plug anything into it. So anyway, it works.

This is just a stupid amount of TV's though. I mean, it really is. The one in my exercise room hasn't even been turned on in like 3 years. It actually might not even work. :shrug: I think I have an addiction. I need to have a garage sale.
Just line them up on Facebook Marketplace. I had 4-5 hits on my 65" HDTV and got rid of it for $325 despite some bitch saying she was going to take it and backing out the day of.

The only thing that bugs me about the 4K right now is the lack of content. Seriously. Besides my Xbox and a few things on Netflix/Prime.....companies like Hulu are just ignoring 4K completely.

Must be expensive.
DC4MVP

Post by DC4MVP »

Abe Froman wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:40 am
DC4MVP wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:34 am
Abe Froman wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:23 am

There were some pretty good deals on Vizio's when I bought my 65" too, but like you, I went with what I knew. Also, I like having Roku built in. Not that it's necessarily better or worse than other platforms, I just am used to it.

My first true 1080p HD tv was my 50" Samsung plasma. The thing is a tank, and it's still working just fine. The problem is, it just doesn't look as good as I'd like considering the leaps in technology since the mid/late 2000's. Before this I had one of those giant old school rear projection sets that weighed a ton and took up a shit load of room. At least I was smart enough to get a widescreen one that did 1080i which at the time was better than you really needed back in 2001. That thing crapped out about 8 years after I bought it which was perfect. By then the tech had gotten way better, and I wanted to upgrade anyway. I was just talking about this with my dad. Both he and I dropped around $1500 on 50" plasma's in like 06. There were a few more expensive ones on the market, but both his Panasonic and my Samsung were considered to be in the upper third of TV's out at the time. The problem is that they are almost too good. They still work too well and look too good to just give away or discard, but the difference between these newer TV's and the ones we bought back then is very noticeable. Not that I want this one to crap out, but it almost wouldn't have bugged me if it kicked the bucket. It seemed like it was time to upgrade. If I were to do it over again, I'd probably have bought a cheaper tv. Even if it craps out if 5 years, it paid for itself by then, and the tech will have improved enough to warrant a new TV anyway.

Now the problem is what in the fuck do I do with all of these TVs... I have my 65" 4k hdr set up right next to my 50" 1080p plasma which is right next to my 100" 1080p projector in my man cave in the basement. I rarely use my projector anymore, because it's sort of annoying to have to dim the lights so much.

I have my 55" 4k hdr in the living room upstairs, a 39" 1080p in the our bedroom, a 42" 720p plasma in the guest bedroom, a 32" 720p in my wife's art/craft/toss shit on the floor and shut the door room, a 39" 720p LCD in my soon to be exercise room, a 22" 720p in the garage, 2 old ipads that work good as TV's in the kitchen and one to just move around when I want, and a tiny little 15" something p HD LCD without a home... BUT, it fit's great in a suitcase so I bring it with me when I go to conferences and shit. That way I have a TV to do a little gaming on since hotels are assholes and often make it so you can't plug anything into the back of the hotel TV or change the input if you can plug anything into it. So anyway, it works.

This is just a stupid amount of TV's though. I mean, it really is. The one in my exercise room hasn't even been turned on in like 3 years. It actually might not even work. :shrug: I think I have an addiction. I need to have a garage sale.
Just line them up on Facebook Marketplace. I had 4-5 hits on my 65" HDTV and got rid of it for $325 despite some bitch saying she was going to take it and backing out the day of.

The only thing that bugs me about the 4K right now is the lack of content. Seriously. Besides my Xbox and a few things on Netflix/Prime.....companies like Hulu are just ignoring 4K completely.

Must be expensive.
Yeah, that's exactly what kept me from buying a 4k tv until this year. I'm 90% sure the majority of the shit I'm watching on Directv is still only 720p. Though, I could pony up and pay just $6.95/mo per box for all 5 boxes I have to get like 2 4k channels DTV is currently offering, and while that might seem like a rip off, you have to consider also allows me the ability to pay even more for pay per view 4k events. I hope my wife will go along with me on ditching DTV for a while after the Wolves season is over. I already have 3 TVs with Roku on them, and I could get a couple more boxes if I needed to. $200+ per month for sub par TV is such a fucking waste of money...
I got rid of DTV about a year ago and went to Fire Stick.

Went from $145/month with DTV to $84/month with Hulu (no ads), Prime Video, and Netflix.
DC4MVP

Post by DC4MVP »

Abe Froman wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:10 pm
DC4MVP wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:09 pm
Abe Froman wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:40 am
Yeah, that's exactly what kept me from buying a 4k tv until this year. I'm 90% sure the majority of the shit I'm watching on Directv is still only 720p. Though, I could pony up and pay just $6.95/mo per box for all 5 boxes I have to get like 2 4k channels DTV is currently offering, and while that might seem like a rip off, you have to consider also allows me the ability to pay even more for pay per view 4k events. I hope my wife will go along with me on ditching DTV for a while after the Wolves season is over. I already have 3 TVs with Roku on them, and I could get a couple more boxes if I needed to. $200+ per month for sub par TV is such a fucking waste of money...
I got rid of DTV about a year ago and went to Fire Stick.

Went from $145/month with DTV to $84/month with Hulu (no ads), Prime Video, and Netflix.
Do you get FSN on one of those for Wolves games, or not f I wanted that would I have to go with league pass or something?
FSN and FSN+ via Hulu
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Fun fact; if your white Arabian horse dies you can go get another one. Right in the same area you found the first one.
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I don't believe so. I think the only way is if it dies.

You can buy an Arabian in Saint Denis.
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I love the speed, but hate how much of a spazz it is. It doesn't stop worth a damn either, which is why it died on me. Got spazzy as I approached train tracks and turned right into the damn thing.
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

LOL. I have yet to go on a murderous rampage, but that needs to happen soon. Dress my dude in all black with one of the weird masks from the fence and open fire on everything.
Let's get Tropical
DC4MVP

Post by DC4MVP »

I'm burnt out on RDO.

Yawn.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

DC4MVP wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:51 pm I'm burnt out on RDO.

Yawn.
I just booted it up for first time last night. I'm nervous that itll be grindy like GTAO.

#BaltimoreStrong
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

CC Abe.. I bought the XBOX ONE Fallout Bundle last week. They had RDR1 and Undead Nightmare for sale as well.. I will report back on the upgraded graphics when and if I ever load it up.

#BaltimoreStrong
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Yawn.
I wasn't a fan of it either.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Mandatory wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:34 pm CC Abe.. I bought the XBOX ONE Fallout Bundle last week. They had RDR1 and Undead Nightmare for sale as well.. I will report back on the upgraded graphics when and if I ever load it up.
I would love some horse updates :thumbsup:
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
DC4MVP

Post by DC4MVP »

flexbuffchest wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:09 pm

Yawn.
I wasn't a fan of it either.
There's just not much to do right now. The missions are repetitive.....hunting/fishing got old.

I'm excited to see what they bring going forward, though. GTA online is blast.
B-Town

Post by B-Town »

Got my favorite kill of the game so far this weekend. It was the mission where the dude gives you a sob story about his house getting repossessed and you have to go there, retrieve items, and end up in a knife fight. You find out that one of the retrieved items is a log book of bounties for escaped slaves.

So anyway, at the end of the mission, you go back to the guy with his stuff and cuss him out. He cries like a baby and the mission is over. At that point, I roped him with my lasso, hog tied him, picked him up and threw him in his camp fire. It was awesome.
Dayman, Fighter of the Nightman.

Stup up, Abe!