Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Red Dead Redemption 2

Video game themed message board
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Re: Red Dead Redemption 2

Post by Mandatory »

Abe Froman wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:01 pm
YBBR wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:30 pm Shenmue is, was, and will always be terrible.
I don't think I could get into it now, but back when my Dreamcast was the shit, Shenmue was fairly mindblowing. The attention to detail, actual voice acting, and the "open" world just weren't something I'd really seen done like that before. I will admit that I thought to myself repeatedly, "why did they choose 80's Japan as the setting for this?", and "Man, this would be so cool if it were so sort of hobbit game, or if it was a futuristic syfi game.", but it still was awesome to me.
I had a friend obsessed with that game and I watched him play it so often I fucking hate it now.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

The Yakuza games are kind of like Shenmue but good. I actually beat Shenmue 2 at one point. I can tell you almost nothing about it except that you had to do tai chi every morning in the park.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

YBBR wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:30 pm Shenmue is, was, and will always be terrible.
One of the greatest games ever created. Yu Suzuki is brilliant. You had to play this at the time of release however. It was way ahead of it's time.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

YBBR wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:15 pm The Yakuza games are kind of like Shenmue but good. I actually beat Shenmue 2 at one point. I can tell you almost nothing about it except that you had to do tai chi every morning in the park.
Yakuza is one of my favorites.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Abe Froman wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:01 pm
I don't think I could get into it now, but back when my Dreamcast was the shit, Shenmue was fairly mindblowing. The attention to detail, actual voice acting, and the "open" world just weren't something I'd really seen done like that before. I will admit that I thought to myself repeatedly, "why did they choose 80's Japan as the setting for this?", and "Man, this would be so cool if it were so sort of hobbit game, or if it was a futuristic syfi game.", but it still was awesome to me.
HELL NO! I hate that middle earth shit.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

I agree it's ambitious, I just don't like it.

This was my hot Shenmue take of the day! If you dig those games, I can't hate, I must appreciate!
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
laX

Post by laX »

hey - take it to the shenmue thread!
i was hoping to see some gifs of people shitting
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Is Dutch a whiny, preachy asshole the whole time? Or does he ever become useful? Can I just kill him off already?

I just got done with the train robbery using the oil cart, for reference on where I'm at in the story.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

jffl_commish wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:59 am Is Dutch a whiny, preachy asshole the whole time? Or does he ever become useful? Can I just kill him off already?

I just got done with the train robbery using the oil cart, for reference on where I'm at in the story.
HAVE SOME DAMN FAITH!

Spoiler:
You're real early.. like 15% in maybe.

#BaltimoreStrong
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

I noticed playing tonight, that once you get to Saint Denis, it feels cramped and claustrophobic. I like how R* got the "feeling" of playing this game to match up so well with the narration and evolution of the story. There's an urgency to 'get away' and 'go West' to escape humanity and ingenuity. Playing in the wilderness feels so much better then avoiding people, horses, and trolleys in town. It's really emaculate how they captured that.

I don't think I've felt this way about a game since FFVII.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Spoiler:
Just started epilogue 1...Does Marston eventually get all the gear, guns, outfits, horses, etc that we got with Arthur? That'd really suck if not :x

At the end of chapter 6 apparently a maid was cutting up some onions in the middle of a dust storm. Apparently if you have full honor you'll get a cut scene where Micah doesn't kill Arthur and simply runs away...Arthur then stumbles onto a rock and dies while overlooking the forest during a sunrise. The story in this game is so well written.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Abe Froman wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:54 pm
flexbuffchest wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:32 pm
Spoiler:
Just started epilogue 1...Does Marston eventually get all the gear, guns, outfits, horses, etc that we got with Arthur? That'd really suck if not :x

At the end of chapter 6 apparently a maid was cutting up some onions in the middle of a dust storm. Apparently if you have full honor you'll get a cut scene where Micah doesn't kill Arthur and simply runs away...Arthur then stumbles onto a rock and dies while overlooking the forest during a sunrise. The story in this game is so well written.
Spoiler:
you get the gear, guns, and outfits but you lose the horses.
If you bought ultimate or special edition you get those horses, but have to start over with them. Kinda makes sense though. When the whole gang is wanted dead or alive, who is going back for his horses?

I got the ending you mentioned. I didn't realize there were others until I looked it up. :thumbsup:
Was your honor really max or just very high? I cant seem to get it above like 85%.

#BaltimoreStrong
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Mandatory wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:59 pm
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
If you bought ultimate or special edition you get those horses, but have to start over with them. Kinda makes sense though. When the whole gang is wanted dead or alive, who is going back for his horses?

I got the ending you mentioned. I didn't realize there were others until I looked it up. :thumbsup:
Was your honor really max or just very high? I cant seem to get it above like 85%.
Yep, it was max.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
FUCK, I was using the white arabian :brick:

Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

flexbuffchest wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:01 pm
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
FUCK, I was using the white arabian :brick:
Go to the valentine stables. The preorder horses should be there. Maybe the Arabian respawns?

#BaltimoreStrong
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Red Dead Online Beta drops tomorrow.

#BaltimoreStrong
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Spoiler:
The long ride home with the music after the bank robbery/Island clusterfuck was kind of cool. Very movie like.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I am so sick of Dutch.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

The Ending. Don't open the spoiler if you haven't finished the story.

Spoiler:
Just finished the story. Very disappointed I didn't get to finish Dutch. Why did he finally turn on Micah after all that time? Guess I'm a little confused on that one.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Abe Froman wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:46 am
jffl_commish wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:37 pm The Ending. Don't open the spoiler if you haven't finished the story.

Spoiler:
Just finished the story. Very disappointed I didn't get to finish Dutch. Why did he finally turn on Micah after all that time? Guess I'm a little confused on that one.
Spoiler:
You need to play Red Dead Redemption.
Spoiler:
I did long ago, but barely remember it. Was Dutch in that? I might have to play that one now again.
laX

Post by laX »

spoiler city... lol

loved the online stuff, but hate that i have to pay again for it
i was hoping to see some gifs of people shitting
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

I just finished, and might have to hook up the 360 to play rdr1 :beer:
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

I broke up 2 Klan rallies yesterday. :thumbsup:

First one was at night and was actively going on, burning cross and all. I shot everybody because I didn't have explosives on my person. I did sneak up and try to hogtie one of them, but ended up alerting the whole rally, so I just started shooting. After I looted all of the corpses, I carried them to the burning cross and started burning the bodies.

The second one was during the day, the Grand Wizard (or whoever is in the Black/Red cloak, I'm not a great KKK mind) and 2 lackeys were setting up the cross. The cross dropped on the lackeys and I shot the wizard in the head.

I also snuck up on some pig farm somewhere around Rhodes or Strawberry with every intention of robbing them. There was a fat hick and his decent looking wife/sister? on the porch who asked me to come in for a meal. So instead, I said fuck it and decided to see where this went. Well basically, they blacked me out with some bathtub gin and robbed me. I woke up not far away, amongst some bodies. I found the house again and shot her and beat the fuck out of him. Found my money (which was like $2800) and an extra couple hundred bucks.

I'm having fun with the story pieces, but I think I'm enjoying the exploring stuff more now.
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

Abe Froman wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:41 am
Rusty Kuntz wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:01 am I just finished, and might have to hook up the 360 to play rdr1 :beer:
I'm almost done with it. After that, I'm playing through Undead Nightmare again, and then I'll get into RDR2 Online for a while.

I'm not sure if you are playing it on PS4 or XB1, but the XB1x has enhanced it. The game holds up incredibly well. With the enhancements, it really could pass as a current gen launch title or something.
I have a ps4. If they offered RDR1 for $40 I'd buy it again. :beer:
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

So Im playing RDO last night before bed. Im level 21, and I have a good little system down. I usually end up in the top-half, and get MVP every once in awhile.

Anyway, I was getting steamrolled in PVP at my two best games, Big Team Battle and Hostile Territory. There were a couple people that were killing me 10 seconds after respawning. I couldn't even make it back to the action before they would pop-up kill me.

After the match I see one persin is Level 88, and the other is LEVEL 121. 121!!!! How the fuck is that even possible. The beta had been out 8 days. Ughh. It was really fun online right away when everybody was levels 1-15.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Abe, why that place? I went there and found nothing of note?
Let's get Tropical
B-Town

Post by B-Town »

jffl_commish wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:00 am Abe, why that place? I went there and found nothing of note?
It's probably another one of his stupid Fort Condor things.
Dayman, Fighter of the Nightman.

Stup up, Abe!
B-Town

Post by B-Town »

I'm playing this. The issue is that I don't seem to ever have 3 hours straight to sink into it to get anywhere. Instead, I start with the intention of getting into a mission, then steal a stagecoach instead and run around, hog tying people and robbing them. By the time I go to pay off my bounty, I have to turn off the system and stop playing. I'll probably finish this game in September 2021.
Dayman, Fighter of the Nightman.

Stup up, Abe!
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Came to RDR1 a few years after release. Could not really get into it and dropped it after a while.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Abe Froman wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:55 pm
jffl_commish wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:00 am Abe, why that place? I went there and found nothing of note?
Keep trying it. If you really want to know, Google it. But if you do it's going to be way less fun.
Does it matter what chapter I'm in? I'm only on chapter 2 yet this go around. Working on all the camp upgrades now. Satchel's are done, so are all the legendary animals that I can get to so far as well.
Let's get Tropical