Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Red Dead Redemption 2

Video game themed message board
Jimi_Thing

Re: Red Dead Redemption 2

Post by Jimi_Thing »

I think some hillbilly raped me last night. :-x
salamander

Post by salamander »

Jimi_Thing wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:56 pm I think some hillbilly raped me last night. :-x
Raped? Or made love to you?
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Abe Froman wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:11 am
salamander wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:52 am I've also overlooked the extremely clunky controls but it's starting to grate on my nerves.
They're not realistic. If they're not going to be realistic at least make the game worthy.

I don't buy Bethesda games until at least a year after they've been out anymore and Rockstar just put itself in the same boat.
Don't get me wrong, I'm having fun and it's a good game but I can find great games to play instead.
GTA4, GTA5 and now RDR2. That's three average at best games in a row Rockstar. (They all looked pretty though)
I seriously don't have much trouble with the controls after I've played for a little bit and gotten used to them. I mean, I can kinda see where you are coming from, but a lot of it has to do with the amount of functions the programmers have packed into the game with limited buttons on the controller. Have you ever looked up the amount of control options you actually have available to you in RDR2? I did after I beat it. There are options that could have made the game so much easier.

Here's a video that might help, I didn't preview it, but I think it's one of them that was talking about.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
There are tons of functions in this game. I'll give them that.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I just had my worst death yet. I had a perfect cougar and moose, as well as the legendary bison on me (two horses). On my way to the trapper and a 6-pack of wolves spawned right on the damn road and annihilated me. Fuck.
Let's get Tropical
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

Abe Froman wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:45 pm
jffl_commish wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:10 pm I just had my worst death yet. I had a perfect cougar and moose, as well as the legendary bison on me (two horses). On my way to the trapper and a 6-pack of wolves spawned right on the damn road and annihilated me. Fuck.
Sometimes you just gotta RUN LIKE HELL!
Nah man. You gotta establish dominance over those bitch ass virtual wolves, otherwise they'll never respect you
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I needed a perfect wolf too, thus trying to fight. Stupid horse bucked me off and that was that.
Let's get Tropical
salamander

Post by salamander »

jffl_commish wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:02 pm I needed a perfect wolf too, thus trying to fight. Stupid horse bucked me off and that was that.
Sounds terrible. I love the hunting in this game.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I do too, although the few predators are usually pretty damn hard. I've had zero luck baiting them.
Let's get Tropical
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

I had something happen yesterday that I never had happen before in my time playing this game...

So I'm riding into Valentine to restock up on some ammunition. Some O'Driscoll was talking shit on the side of the road, so I get off my horse and beat some respect into him. Mostly out of reflex, I looted the body after I knocked him out...and the looting is what got me a Wanted level. I attempted to talk the witness out of it, but no dice there. So I rode up to the Sheriff's office to basically just turn myself in/surrender because I didn't want to deal with the bounty. I focused on the Sheriff when he walked out of his building, and it gave me a "Defuse" or "Antagonize" option, but not a surrender option, so I hit the button for Defuse, and the Sheriff told me to leave town. So my wanted level was then set at "Move Along." So as long as I left town for a while, I was able to get away with no bounty on my head.
salamander

Post by salamander »

jffl_commish wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:43 pm I do too, although the few predators are usually pretty damn hard. I've had zero luck baiting them.
Speaking of which. I haven't seen a panther anywhere.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Cobey wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:09 am I had something happen yesterday that I never had happen before in my time playing this game...

So I'm riding into Valentine to restock up on some ammunition. Some O'Driscoll was talking shit on the side of the road, so I get off my horse and beat some respect into him. Mostly out of reflex, I looted the body after I knocked him out...and the looting is what got me a Wanted level. I attempted to talk the witness out of it, but no dice there. So I rode up to the Sheriff's office to basically just turn myself in/surrender because I didn't want to deal with the bounty. I focused on the Sheriff when he walked out of his building, and it gave me a "Defuse" or "Antagonize" option, but not a surrender option, so I hit the button for Defuse, and the Sheriff told me to leave town. So my wanted level was then set at "Move Along." So as long as I left town for a while, I was able to get away with no bounty on my head.
That is weird. Huh. Gunna have to try that.
salamander

Post by salamander »

OH MY GOD!!! KILLING FLYING BIRDS WITH A TOMAHAWK IS ANNOYING!!!!

I just ride around with my Tomahawk out and if a bird flies up I start chucking Tomahawks at them.
I've gotten one. This sucks.
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

salamander wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:10 pm
Cobey wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:09 am I had something happen yesterday that I never had happen before in my time playing this game...

That is weird. Huh. Gunna have to try that.
I'm pretty sure it only happens with the most minor of infractions, but I thought it was interesting.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

salamander wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:09 pm
jffl_commish wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:43 pm I do too, although the few predators are usually pretty damn hard. I've had zero luck baiting them.
They are down SE of Braithwaite Manor, near the cost. There's a road that runs east/west sort of headed towards Catfish Jackson's. That road comes to a T at the west end and heads north/south (not very far south before heading west along the coast). Along that T is where I've had every panther encounter. They come from the woods west of that T. They are assholes, just like the cougars.
Let's get Tropical
salamander

Post by salamander »

jffl_commish wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:33 pm
salamander wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:09 pm
They are down SE of Braithwaite Manor, near the cost. There's a road that runs east/west sort of headed towards Catfish Jackson's. That road comes to a T at the west end and heads north/south (not very far south before heading west along the coast). Along that T is where I've had every panther encounter. They come from the woods west of that T. They are assholes, just like the cougars.
Oook. I'm already past that point and I barely went over in that area. Makes sense.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I just stay on the road and go back and forth. That way they'll pop up on your map before eating your face. Bow with improved arrow is the ticket for a perfect pelt, if the panther is perfect already of course.
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

One other thing that works really well, for me at least and this goes for cougars too if I need a perfect, save just before you get to the spot. If the panther isn't a perfect quality, load that save and try again. That way he should respawn decently instead of having to wait several days, and will hopefully be perfect next time.
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Well, I'm not a good looking guy so I need a little extra bait.
Let's get Tropical
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

salamander wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:11 pm OH MY GOD!!! KILLING FLYING BIRDS WITH A TOMAHAWK IS ANNOYING!!!!

I just ride around with my Tomahawk out and if a bird flies up I start chucking Tomahawks at them.
It's not a difficult challenge. Hang out by a carcass that you just recently skinned and wait for crows or ravens to come to it. When they're picking away at a carcass you can easily pluck them off.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Jimi_Thing wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:36 pm
salamander wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:11 pm OH MY GOD!!! KILLING FLYING BIRDS WITH A TOMAHAWK IS ANNOYING!!!!

It's not a difficult challenge. Hang out by a carcass that you just recently skinned and wait for crows or ravens to come to it. When they're picking away at a carcass you can easily pluck them off.
huh. i didnt even know you could do that.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Whenever I need to get revenge on that hillbilly that raped me, I just break out some wine, and maybe a little Luther Vandross.
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I thought ass-less was for a different purpose......
Let's get Tropical
laX

Post by laX »

im in a funk on this game
gta5 - wanted to come home and play it until the end
this one, i take weeks off before coming back to it.... what can i do to get excited about this?
fyi - just got off of guarma and arthur is sick. i rarely do anything other than the "yellow" missions. everything else feel laborious...
i was hoping to see some gifs of people shitting
salamander

Post by salamander »

OK, i got to the climax of the game and it was really great. They did a great job with the end of this game.
salamander

Post by salamander »

laX wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:11 am im in a funk on this game
gta5 - wanted to come home and play it until the end
this one, i take weeks off before coming back to it.... what can i do to get excited about this?
fyi - just got off of guarma and arthur is sick. i rarely do anything other than the "yellow" missions. everything else feel laborious...
I had a pretty similar problem with this game around the same time.
You're in the home stretch and the end of the game is really great.

(You have a few, even more "laborious" missions coming up but once you hit that last mission it comes to a head.)
Herky

Post by Herky »

Finished the game last night and loved it. Even the side missions were fun. Makes me want to go back and play the first game now that I know more.

Right now I'm in the Epilogue which is boring me to tears. Not sure why they added this portion but we will see how it ends.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

The epilogue blows hard right away. After you
Spoiler:
meet up with Sadie
, it picks up. There's a final mission in that one too.
Let's get Tropical
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

Did the recent update improve their online mode?
laX

Post by laX »

is everyone done with this game?
i was hoping to see some gifs of people shitting
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

laX wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:43 pm is everyone done with this game?
Done as in..finished with the story? Yes (not epilogue tho. Fuck that boring shit).

Im not officially done playing online. I'm just waiting for them to get out of Beta, and add more content before I start playing it more. In the meantime ive been playing FO76.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.