Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Red Dead Redemption 2

Video game themed message board
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Re: Red Dead Redemption 2

Post by Mandatory »

Jimi_Thing wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:41 am
Cobey wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:35 am
Jimi_Thing wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:59 am

Yeah - This is one of my favorite games. Spent the entire winter a couple years ago playing nothing but that game after work but was ready to be done to.

For such a great game, has anyone played it multiple times?
I blew through the main storyline of the game in like a month or two when I first bought it. I fucked around with the epilogue portion of the game for a little while before deciding to start over and take my time with it this time. I'm probably 70% through the story now, but these days I only really dust the game off and play it heavily for a week or two then take a month or two off.
I have a hard time picking up a game and starting where I left off if I've taken a couple weeks off of it.

One of my favorite things to do when dinking around in RDR2 was whenever I saw someone fishing off in the distance, I would pull out the sniper rifle and shoot their bobber. Made me chuckle every time, watching them real in their line and calling it a day.
This. There are some serious AAA titles I've never finished but played through half of like 3-4 times...
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

Mandatory wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:57 pm
Jimi_Thing wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:41 am
Cobey wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:35 am

I blew through the main storyline of the game in like a month or two when I first bought it. I fucked around with the epilogue portion of the game for a little while before deciding to start over and take my time with it this time. I'm probably 70% through the story now, but these days I only really dust the game off and play it heavily for a week or two then take a month or two off.
I have a hard time picking up a game and starting where I left off if I've taken a couple weeks off of it.

One of my favorite things to do when dinking around in RDR2 was whenever I saw someone fishing off in the distance, I would pull out the sniper rifle and shoot their bobber. Made me chuckle every time, watching them real in their line and calling it a day.
This. There are some serious AAA titles I've never finished but played through half of like 3-4 times...
Zelda: Breath of the Wild on the Switch. Maybe this will be the year I get the urge to play that game all the way through. I just remember there’s certain parts of that game I’d rather not do again.
Night Train
***Official Gibby Award Winner - October 2018***

Post by Night Train »

Well, Arthur is dead I think and now I'm in the epilogue where I'm playing John who is going by John Milton as a farmhand, shoveling shit and rounding up bulls. However I'm just starting a shootout... But am I getting close to the end? I want to go back and start over, there's so much shit I didn't do the first run through.
I apologize in advance if what I just said offended or upset you.

The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

Minnesota - Mired in Mediocrity
Herky

Post by Herky »

Night Train wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:44 am Well, Arthur is dead I think and now I'm in the epilogue where I'm playing John who is going by John Milton as a farmhand, shoveling shit and rounding up bulls. However I'm just starting a shootout... But am I getting close to the end? I want to go back and start over, there's so much shit I didn't do the first run through.
I'd finish it up and do another playthrough after. :thumbsup:
Bull

Post by Bull »

Night Train wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:44 am Well, Arthur is dead I think and now I'm in the epilogue where I'm playing John who is going by John Milton as a farmhand, shoveling shit and rounding up bulls. However I'm just starting a shootout... But am I getting close to the end? I want to go back and start over, there's so much shit I didn't do the first run through.
Yeah. You’re going to want to finish it off. May seem boring right now but the payoff is fantastic.
mlhouse wrote: Rudy Guiliani is an American hero.
mlhouse wrote: I am a bleeding heart liberal.
mlhouse wrote: Donald Trump was teh most successful one term President in the history of the United States.
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

Play it through. I dont think I'm giving much away at this point by telling you that you'll have the option of doing the things you didnt get to later.
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

Cobey wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:14 am
Play it through. I dont think I'm giving much away at this point by telling you that you'll have the option of doing the things you didnt get to later.
Such as discovering Fort Condor in the bottom left hand corner of the map.
I made this!
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

Abe Froman wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:15 am
What's the deal with airline food?
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Other side of the river, past Alabamaland.

#BaltimoreStrong
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

Cobey wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:29 am

What's the deal with airline food?
I love that one! Never gets old!
I made this!
Night Train

Post by Night Train »

I played it through until the credits, but skipped a lot of the battles after a while because my circle button sucks and I'll always die trying to get out of choke holds.

But stats for first run was something like 9 out of 90 challenges completed and I got 177 out of 560 in my compendum. Seems like I barely scratched the surface. I'm starting over again, just settled in Beaver Hollow

The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

Night Train wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:09 am I played it through until the credits, but skipped a lot of the battles after a while because my circle button sucks and I'll always die trying to get out of choke holds.

But stats for first run was something like 9 out of 90 challenges completed and I got 177 out of 560 in my compendum. Seems like I barely scratched the surface. I'm starting over again, just settled in Beaver Hollow
Did you find the hillbilly?
I made this!
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Abe Froman wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:35 pm
Night Train wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:09 am I played it through until the credits, but skipped a lot of the battles after a while because my circle button sucks and I'll always die trying to get out of choke holds.

I'm embarrassed because for as much time I put in this game I still haven't finished the epilogue past starting to build the house.

But I feel like I've seen every single random encounter on youtube so I'm ok with it.

Have you found the siblings?

#BaltimoreStrong
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

Mandatory wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:38 pm

I'm embarrassed because for as much time I put in this game I still haven't finished the epilogue past starting to build the house.

But I feel like I've seen every single random encounter on #youtib# so I'm ok with it.

Have you found the siblings?
Yeah, that was pretty cool. The hillbilly encounter just stands out as the pennicle it wtf moments though.
I made this!
Night Train

Post by Night Train »

You mean the fat hillbilly that was porking his sister? I calmly walked out of their place, put my mask on, then walked back in and executed them.

Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Night Train wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:06 am

You mean the fat hillbilly that was porking his sister? I calmly walked out of their place, put my mask on, then walked back in and executed them.
Nope. Not those hillbillies either.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

Has anybody actually ever seen Gavin yet?
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

No, man... Trust me, you will know which hillbilly I'm talking about when you find him. There will literally be no question in your mind as to who I'm referring to. Look for a shack in the swamps north of st denis, I believe around dusk.
I made this!
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Abe Froman wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:53 pm

No, man... Trust me, you will know which hillbilly I'm talking about when you find him. There will literally be no question in your mind as to who I'm referring to. Look for a shack in the swamps north of st denis, I believe around dusk.
Spoiler:
Is that the one you get the sweet moonshine from?
Spoiler:
Kidding, I know what you're talking about. But seriously, that moonshine is pretty sweet.
Let's get Tropical
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

Cobey wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:45 am Has anybody actually ever seen Gavin yet?
Yes, he's in the extreme lower left portion of the map.... near Fort Condor...
I made this!
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Guess we’re just about done, my friend.

#BaltimoreStrong
Night Train

Post by Night Train »

What the fuck? Arthur got raped!! Why would anyone lead me into that? I was ready to walk in and start slugging but that fucker coldcocked me and then hotcocked me. So instead of finding a cure for TB, I wind up getting frontier AIDS. Thanks for the tip, no pun intended.

I made sure to go right back and deliver swift justice though, that hillbilly was none too happy to see me. Worst part was he didn't have shit to loot.

This second time around is so much more funner, doing shit I didn't even know was available the first time through... except for the rape part.

Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

Night Train wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:39 am What the fuck? Arthur got raped!! Why would anyone lead me into that? I was ready to walk in and start slugging but that fucker coldcocked me and then hotcocked me. So instead of finding a cure for TB, I wind up getting frontier AIDS. Thanks for the tip, no pun intended.

I made sure to go right back and deliver swift justice though, that hillbilly was none too happy to see me. Worst part was he didn't have shit to loot.

This second time around is so much more funner, doing shit I didn't even know was available the first time through... except for the rape part.
:lol:

Yeah, that was basically my reaction too.
I made this!
Herky

Post by Herky »

I’m glad Arthur didn’t get raped in my play through.
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

Night Train wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:39 am What the fuck? Arthur got raped!! Why would anyone lead me into that? I was ready to walk in and start slugging but that fucker coldcocked me and then hotcocked me. So instead of finding a cure for TB, I wind up getting frontier AIDS. Thanks for the tip, no pun intended.

What ending did you get in your first playthrough? I just finished my second playthrough the main story line and its definitely worth playing it to get both.
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

Herky wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:03 am I’m glad Arthur didn’t get raped in my play through.
You did it wrong then.
I made this!
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

I wonder if you can go back to the hillbilly as Arthor's son and get justice on the hillbilly? Or, get some sweet lov'n? Seriously, though. It seems like they could have made a cool Easter Egg in there for the very few people who may have actually left the hillbilly alive and thought about it to go back as Jon to see what happens.

Anyone tried this? If/when I replay this game, I'm going to.
I made this!
Bull

Post by Bull »

Abe Froman wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:52 pm

I set that fucker on fire. Then spent about the next 30 minutes throwing molitov cocktails at his shack.
mlhouse wrote: Rudy Guiliani is an American hero.
mlhouse wrote: I am a bleeding heart liberal.
mlhouse wrote: Donald Trump was teh most successful one term President in the history of the United States.
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

Bull wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:44 am
Abe Froman wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:52 pm

I set that fucker on fire. Then spent about the next 30 minutes throwing molitov cocktails at his shack.
I went in my shower, curled up in the fetal position, and cried for an hour.
Night Train

Post by Night Train »

I found the Viking helmet. Now I'm running around like I'm in Skyrim.

Anyone find any more bones, totems, or wall carvings? How am I supposed to find 20 bones or whatever when I haven't seen a one since I met the lady and I'm on my second playthrough.