Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Red Dead Redemption 2

Video game themed message board
Tommy_Hawk

Re: Red Dead Redemption 2

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Abe Froman wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:10 pm
Tommy_Hawk wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:00 pm
Abe Froman wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:42 pm

That's fallout. The hillbilly's much more interesting.
I remember the hillbilly. You don't forget the hillbilly :shock:
I burnt the hillbilly alive in his hillbilly mansion.
Nice! Well deserved. I hogtied him and fed him to a gator
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Night Train
***Official Gibby Award Winner - October 2018***

Post by Night Train »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:14 pm
Night Train wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:39 pm Been playing this game for a few weeks now and I'm liking it. Is it normal for Arthur to get TB, or did I do something wrong and expose him to something? Also, I think I worry about his sleep too much and whether he's getting enough rest.

I hate that I just brush up against someone and next thing you know I'm getting shot at and running for my life. I'm like 'check out my good-guy cred' guys, c'mon.
How far are you?
I don't know. Right now I'm just going from town to town putting out fires and shooting/hunting animals trying to avoid the main storyline. My last big job was stealing a wagon of explosives.
I apologize in advance if what I just said offended or upset you.

The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

Minnesota - Mired in Mediocrity
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Night Train wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:38 am
Night Train wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:39 pm Been playing this game for a few weeks now and I'm liking it. Is it normal for Arthur to get TB, or did I do something wrong and expose him to something? Also, I think I worry about his sleep too much and whether he's getting enough rest.

I hate that I just brush up against someone and next thing you know I'm getting shot at and running for my life. I'm like 'check out my good-guy cred' guys, c'mon.
How far are you?
I don't know. Right now I'm just going from town to town putting out fires and shooting/hunting animals trying to avoid the main storyline. My last big job was stealing a wagon of explosives.

Your getting close to why Arthur’s gets TB, just keep playing.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
Abe Froman
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Abe Froman »

How far are you?
Go find the hillbilly, pronto!
I made this!
Night Train

Post by Night Train »

Abe Froman wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:25 pm

How far are you?
Where'Z it again, north of St. Denis? I just hope I don't accidentally kill him first, I'm kind of on a rampage lately, too many bounty hunters on my tail.

The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

Night Train wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:42 pm
Abe Froman wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:25 pm

Where'Z it again, north of St. Denis? I just hope I don't accidentally kill him first, I'm kind of on a rampage lately, too many bounty hunters on my tail.
Yes, north. Not super far north. Just down a path off of the main road along the coast that heads into the swamp. Probably the first road east just north of Saint Denis.
I made this!
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

Kind of hard to find, but look for a lonely old single room shack in the swamp. I believe he's easiest to find in the evening.
I made this!
Night Train

Post by Night Train »

I found myself north of St. Denis last night, going back and forth in the swamp and not finding anything, then I went to youtube to look and it looks like I have to do a job with the Indian chief and go with him to collect 3 herbs. Is that Chief in the swamp, or is there more than one way to cure Arthur's TB?

Herky

Post by Herky »

Night Train wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:50 am I found myself north of St. Denis last night, going back and forth in the swamp and not finding anything, then I went to #youtib# to look and it looks like I have to do a job with the Indian chief and go with him to collect 3 herbs. Is that Chief in the swamp, or is there more than one way to cure Arthur's TB?
It's in the East Grizzlies.

Mission is in Chapter 6 and the Archelogy For Beginners in the name of it. Go to Rains Fall first.

This is the only way to cure him of TB.
Night Train

Post by Night Train »

Herky wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:13 pm
Night Train wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:50 am I found myself north of St. Denis last night, going back and forth in the swamp and not finding anything, then I went to #youtib# to look and it looks like I have to do a job with the Indian chief and go with him to collect 3 herbs. Is that Chief in the swamp, or is there more than one way to cure Arthur's TB?
It's in the East Grizzlies.

Mission is in Chapter 6 and the Archelogy For Beginners in the name of it. Go to Rains Fall first.

This is the only way to cure him of TB.
Found the Indian chief that took me out hunting for herbs and used that potion once so far. I think I need to find some more mace to make some more.

Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

I played for a few hours last night...right as I was about to call it a night, I decided to play one more of the storyline missions.

Apparently it was the last mission before
Spoiler:
Guarma...so I sat through a LOT of fucking cut scenes
Last time I played this, I kind of blew through this section just to get it over with. Is there anything worth getting into while I'm here this go-around?
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

Cobey wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:49 pm I played for a few hours last night...right as I was about to call it a night, I decided to play one more of the storyline missions.

Spoiler:
Last time I played this, I kind of blew through this section just to get it over with. Is there anything worth getting into while I'm here this go-around?
Yes, if you go as far as possible to the bottom right of the map you will find Fort Condor. Let's just say you won't regret the effort.
I made this!
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

Abe Froman wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:50 pm
Cobey wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:49 pm I played for a few hours last night...right as I was about to call it a night, I decided to play one more of the storyline missions.

Spoiler:
Yes, if you go as far as possible to the bottom right of the map you will find Fort Condor. Let's just say you won't regret the effort.
This was almost as funny as it was the first 35 times you made this joke.
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

Cobey wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:53 pm

Spoiler:
Says the guy who never found Fort Condor.
I made this!
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

Spoiler:
Did you find it yet?
I made this!
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

Spoiler:
You can't find it, can you!?
I made this!
Night Train

Post by Night Train »

Woo-wee, just finished saving Eagles Flies only to bring him back home to die and now I just woke up from a TB fit after being helped by some Germans. So now I assume I'm supposed to go after Dutch after he bailed on Arthur, and there aren't any side quests. Am I nearing the end of the story because I think I have a lot of side quests yet to do and trophy animals to hunt. I should do all that before I go back towards Dutch.

Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Night Train wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:53 pm Woo-wee, just finished saving Eagles Flies only to bring him back home to die and now I just woke up from a TB fit after being helped by some Germans. So now I assume I'm supposed to go after Dutch after he bailed on Arthur, and there aren't any side quests. Am I nearing the end of the story because I think I have a lot of side quests yet to do and trophy animals to hunt. I should do all that before I go back towards Dutch.
Side quests are the best part of that game. They add substance to the world you're playing in. The further into the story you go, the more side quests you unlock, which are the best parts. Besides, this game is a prequel to the first game so the ending should be no surprise; you're just filling in the blanks of the story arch.

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Night Train

Post by Night Train »

You know, I've never been into Blackwater yet. Is it worth going into or will I constantly get shot at?

Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

Night Train wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:08 am You know, I've never been into Blackwater yet. Is it worth going into or will I constantly get shot at?
Try it. See what happens.
Night Train

Post by Night Train »

Cobey wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:22 am
Night Train wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:08 am You know, I've never been into Blackwater yet. Is it worth going into or will I constantly get shot at?
I'm working my way over there. I want to stop in St. Denis first to unload some pelts and then I'll go west towards Blackwater.

Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

Night Train wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:31 am
Cobey wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:22 am
I'm working my way over there. I want to stop in St. Denis first to unload some pelts and then I'll go west towards Blackwater.
Let me know how it ends up :thumbsup:
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

It's okay. The Doobie Brothers play on repeat while you're in city limits, which is alright, you just have to suspend your disbelief.

Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

I kinda made a game out of seeing how far into the old map I could get before I "unlocked" that part of the map. At first I stole a boat and went for it down a river. Unfortunately the invisible snipers take you out pretty quickly that way. The best way I found was to take the fastest horse you can get and ride like a bat out of hell south staying off of the roads. You are still getting shot in the head, but I damn near made it to the river before Mexico before getting killed. It's tough though.
I made this!
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

The bummer was.. for a great a game and fun as it was... it's sooo long that by the time I "beat it" and unlocked the last part, I was just so relieved and ready to be done for a while. And haven't gone back.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

Mandatory wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:45 pm The bummer was.. for a great a game and fun as it was... it's sooo long that by the time I "beat it" and unlocked the last part, I was just so relieved and ready to be done for a while. And haven't gone back.
Yeah - This is one of my favorite games. Spent the entire winter a couple years ago playing nothing but that game after work but was ready to be done to.

For such a great game, has anyone played it multiple times?
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

Jimi_Thing wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:59 am
Mandatory wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:45 pm The bummer was.. for a great a game and fun as it was... it's sooo long that by the time I "beat it" and unlocked the last part, I was just so relieved and ready to be done for a while. And haven't gone back.
Yeah - This is one of my favorite games. Spent the entire winter a couple years ago playing nothing but that game after work but was ready to be done to.

I blew through the main storyline of the game in like a month or two when I first bought it. I fucked around with the epilogue portion of the game for a little while before deciding to start over and take my time with it this time. I'm probably 70% through the story now, but these days I only really dust the game off and play it heavily for a week or two then take a month or two off.
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

Cobey wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:35 am
Jimi_Thing wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:59 am

I blew through the main storyline of the game in like a month or two when I first bought it. I fucked around with the epilogue portion of the game for a little while before deciding to start over and take my time with it this time. I'm probably 70% through the story now, but these days I only really dust the game off and play it heavily for a week or two then take a month or two off.
I have a hard time picking up a game and starting where I left off if I've taken a couple weeks off of it.

One of my favorite things to do when dinking around in RDR2 was whenever I saw someone fishing off in the distance, I would pull out the sniper rifle and shoot their bobber. Made me chuckle every time, watching them real in their line and calling it a day.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Abe Froman wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:42 pm

That's fallout. The hillbilly's much more interesting.
I joined his side and got that awesome horse of his. Way faster than any other horse in the game.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

salamander wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:42 am

I joined his side and got that awesome horse of his. Way faster than any other horse in the game.
Wrong hillbilly, but I totally believe you would join this hillbilly's side.
I made this!