Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Red Dead Redemption 2

Video game themed message board
DC4MVP

Re: Red Dead Redemption 2

Post by DC4MVP »

salamander wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:03 pm I found out last night that hunting for squirrels with a shotgun is pretty fun.
I like blowing heads/limbs off people with the shotty.

Very calming.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I like the Springfield. Good sniper rifle and I can turn off the scope if needed. That drives me nuts on the stronger rifles that I can't.

So Springfield, repeater, and the auto-pistols.
Let's get Tropical
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

I don't like any of the newer pistols.. they look terrible in the holster and just ruin the feel of "cowboy game". I've stuck with my dual blued-ivory grip cattleman revolvers. I like the Scholfields but not with the majority of the holster options you get in game. They look great on Dutch but bad on Arthur IMO. I still miss the LeMatt from the first game.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Abe Froman wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:16 am
jffl_commish wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:30 am I like the Springfield. Good sniper rifle and I can turn off the scope if needed. That drives me nuts on the stronger rifles that I can't.

So Springfield, repeater, and the auto-pistols.
I've noticed a lot of youtubers using the auto-pistols too. I've added everything you can add to them at the gun shop, but I still don't really like them. They just seem SO under powered. Am I missing something?
I like the speed and capacity of them.
Let's get Tropical
Herky

Post by Herky »

Only 4 hours in but this game is amazing. I haven’t broke away from the story yet and just got to my camp.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Herky wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:08 am Only 4 hours in but this game is amazing. I haven’t broke away from the story yet and just got to my camp.
Until you get out of the snow/mountains, there really isn't too much you can do. Once you leave there, you can be on your own for as long as you want.
Let's get Tropical
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

I'm still at the Shady Belle camp.. I feel like I'll never finish this game...

#BaltimoreStrong
Herky

Post by Herky »

jffl_commish wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:04 am
Herky wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:08 am Only 4 hours in but this game is amazing. I haven’t broke away from the story yet and just got to my camp.
Until you get out of the snow/mountains, there really isn't too much you can do. Once you leave there, you can be on your own for as long as you want.
I just shaved and changed my clothes at my tent. Looking forward to just getting on my horse and exploring.
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

Mandatory wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:48 am I'm still at the Shady Belle camp.. I feel like I'll never finish this game...
Do you ever play the missions? How on earth are you still there? I bought the game around Thanksgiving and beat it before Christmas.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Cobey wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:11 am
Mandatory wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:48 am I'm still at the Shady Belle camp.. I feel like I'll never finish this game...
Do you ever play the missions? How on earth are you still there? I bought the game around Thanksgiving and beat it before Christmas.
I bought it at midnight on release day lol. It didn't help that I was out of town for a month at one point. I feel like I play it a lot but I guess IDK. I try to do all the side missions available before doing the currently available main mission.

#BaltimoreStrong
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Mandatory wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:19 am
I bought it at midnight on release day lol. It didn't help that I was out of town for a month at one point. I feel like I play it a lot but I guess IDK. I try to do all the side missions available before doing the currently available main mission.
Yes. I was taking my sweet time and enjoying the hell out of the game doing all the side missions, exploring, hunting and fishing.

Then online came out and I got stuck playing that alot, so over New Years I went back and hurried through the story, without doing much side stuff. Now I wish I hadn't.

My advice Herky, is to take your sweet, sweet time.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:04 pm
Mandatory wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:19 am

Yes. I was taking my sweet time and enjoying the hell out of the game doing all the side missions, exploring, hunting and fishing.

Then online came out and I got stuck playing that alot, so over New Years I went back and hurried through the story, without doing much side stuff. Now I wish I hadn't.

My advice Herky, is to take your sweet, sweet time.
I actually agree. I don't want to spoil anything, so I won't, but when you're done with the story, the game isn't as enjoyable.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Abe Froman wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:23 am
My first true 1080p HD tv was my 50" Samsung plasma. The thing is a tank, and it's still working just fine.
i just got a used one for basically hauling it out of the guy's place. it is a tank-has to be at least 150 lbs.-but it's sitting in the basement right now giving me a great picture. :coolio:
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Abe Froman wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:42 pm
weimy froob wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:55 am
Abe Froman wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:23 am
My first true 1080p HD tv was my 50" Samsung plasma. The thing is a tank, and it's still working just fine.
i just got a used one for basically hauling it out of the guy's place. it is a tank-has to be at least 150 lbs.-but it's sitting in the basement right now giving me a great picture. :coolio:
Yeah, After getting used to moving around LCD/LED TV's, moving the 2 plasma's I have is surprisingly heavy each and every time. It's doable on your own, though I wouldn't recommend it. Not only are they heavy as hell, a 15 year old 50" plasma TV isn't exactly little. I'm usually more worried about bumping something with the side I'm not looking at than I am of dropping the damn thing. My 65" LED TV dwarfs it, and weighs less than half what it does... It's a good TV to watch the Wolves on while I'm playing a game though. Considering how much live TV is broadcast in 720p or less, it actually still actually looks good too.
my brother helped me. he moves heavy stuff all day for UPS. the problem is that it's hard to get a good grip on it. it's a samsung too-probably the exact thing you have.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Great bit of info I found about the Deer Trinket.. did not know this.

Before you do any hunting, the first thing you kill should be the legendary buck which is west of Strawberry. Sell the pelt to the nearby trapper (watch out for the O'Driscoll camp also nearby) Then go to a fence and have them craft the Buck antler trinket. Normally with animals you have to get a head shot in order to preserve pelt quality. With the Buck antler trinket, a head shot is no longer required. Any single killing shot will do, and it doesn't matter if it kills them instantly or if takes time. This is invaluable for smaller animals and will greatly speed up the process.

#BaltimoreStrong
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Abe Froman wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:52 pm
weimy froob wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:45 pm
Abe Froman wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:42 pm

Yeah, After getting used to moving around LCD/LED TV's, moving the 2 plasma's I have is surprisingly heavy each and every time. It's doable on your own, though I wouldn't recommend it. Not only are they heavy as hell, a 15 year old 50" plasma TV isn't exactly little. I'm usually more worried about bumping something with the side I'm not looking at than I am of dropping the damn thing. My 65" LED TV dwarfs it, and weighs less than half what it does... It's a good TV to watch the Wolves on while I'm playing a game though. Considering how much live TV is broadcast in 720p or less, it actually still actually looks good too.
my brother helped me. he moves heavy stuff all day for UPS. the problem is that it's hard to get a good grip on it. it's a samsung too-probably the exact thing you have.
This is the same type that I have. I'm not sure if the one pictured is a 50" or not, it looks a little small to me. It's otherwise identical though. Mine have the oval stand. Most of them that I've seen have a rectangular stand.

Unfortunately, mine does not have a potentially attractive ghost photographer living inside of it. I've checked. I wish it did... It probably would be worth a lot more.
yep. looks the same. the button on front under the samsung to turn it on. i think i'm set for t.v.'s for awhile now. :coolio:
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Abe Froman wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:03 pm
weimy froob wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:57 pm
Abe Froman wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:52 pm
This is the same type that I have. I'm not sure if the one pictured is a 50" or not, it looks a little small to me. It's otherwise identical though. Mine have the oval stand. Most of them that I've seen have a rectangular stand.

Unfortunately, mine does not have a potentially attractive ghost photographer living inside of it. I've checked. I wish it did... It probably would be worth a lot more.
yep. looks the same. the button on front under the samsung to turn it on. i think i'm set for t.v.'s for awhile now. :coolio:
If they took reasonably good care of it, I would think it will last you a while. Mine was our main TV up until about 3 years ago. It got loads of use, and it still works perfectly. The only thing about mine that doesn't work like it used to is the remote, and that is all MY fault... I basically stopped using the original remote after we moved to our rental house like 7 years back because I had a newer and better tv at the time to game on. So we just used the big plasma for TV in our living room and I gamed in a different room. Sometime during the 4 years I lived in that house, the batteries decided to blow up in the remote making everything all corroded inside of it. It still works, but it sometimes takes a few pushes. :shrug:
:thumbsup: he said it's "just like new"-so i'm expecting it to.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Mandatory wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:55 pm Great bit of info I found about the Deer Trinket.. did not know this.

Before you do any hunting, the first thing you kill should be the legendary buck which is west of Strawberry. Sell the pelt to the nearby trapper (watch out for the O'Driscoll camp also nearby) Then go to a fence and have them craft the Buck antler trinket. Normally with animals you have to get a head shot in order to preserve pelt quality. With the Buck antler trinket, a head shot is no longer required. Any single killing shot will do, and it doesn't matter if it kills them instantly or if takes time. This is invaluable for smaller animals and will greatly speed up the process.
Nice! I'm gunna go do this.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Does anyone know if Red Dead Redemption from the Playstation store will work on a PS4? It's on sale for $9.89 right now.
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

jffl_commish wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:45 am Does anyone know if Red Dead Redemption from the Playstation store will work on a PS4? It's on sale for $9.89 right now.
That answer is no. A Playstation Now account works, I guess.
Let's get Tropical
salamander

Post by salamander »

Dam it. Got the Legendary Buck, skinned it and then some bounty hunters immediately killed me.

What the hell?
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

His goodies will be at the traders, no worries. Just head there and you should be good.
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Abe Froman wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:07 pm
salamander wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:43 pm Dam it. Got the Legendary Buck, skinned it and then some bounty hunters immediately killed me.

What the hell?
I hired them.
Abe's got that Big-Dick Outlaw Money. He can afford it.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
salamander

Post by salamander »

jffl_commish wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:57 pm His goodies will be at the traders, no worries. Just head there and you should be good.
Thank goodness!
salamander

Post by salamander »

Abe Froman wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:07 pm
salamander wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:43 pm Dam it. Got the Legendary Buck, skinned it and then some bounty hunters immediately killed me.

What the hell?
I hired them.
Whaaaat! That's it!
Herky

Post by Herky »

I keep paying off bounties and then do a mission and get them back. Annoying but I still love this game.

I need to find a way to make money fast without robbing people. I was up to $550 but paid off two bounties that were $140 apiece. Then two missions later acquired a $200 bounty. Hunting sucks because even Good pelts don't give you that much.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Herky wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:51 am I keep paying off bounties and then do a mission and get them back. Annoying but I still love this game.

I need to find a way to make money fast without robbing people. I was up to $550 but paid off two bounties that were $140 apiece. Then two missions later acquired a $200 bounty. Hunting sucks because even Good pelts don't give you that much.
The bounty system irritates me but other than that this game is fun as hell.
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

My favorite bounty that I had on my head was in St. Denis. I attempted to sit and play poker at the Saloon, but apparently moved slightly away from the area I needed to be and grappled with a random patron of the saloon. Since this was St. Denis, I had to shoot my way out and kill about a dozen lawmen, but eventually got out of town. While laying low outside of town, I accidentally got into a swamp and was eaten by an alligator.
Herky

Post by Herky »

I gave money to a blind man who was in the desert. Then robbed and killed a passer by on a horse and the Witness thing popped up after I killed the guy. Nobody was around but the blind dude.

WTF. He's blind how did he see anything. I shot the guy on a horse with an arrow!
Herky

Post by Herky »

Abe Froman wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:35 pm
Herky wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:23 pm I gave money to a blind man who was in the desert. Then robbed and killed a passer by on a horse and the Witness thing popped up after I killed the guy. Nobody was around but the blind dude.

WTF. He's blind how did he see anything. I shot the guy on a horse with an arrow!
Maybe you have a secret admirer.
I did get dressed up for the desert.