Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Tech Talk

Video game themed message board
Winston

Re: Tech Talk

Post by Winston »

http://wccftech.com/get-an-asus-rog-str ... r-1399-99/

No clue why I am unable to post a link but bought a new laptop over upgrading my i7 6700k for Windows 11 before the new Intel chips came out. (pissed me off but good lol)

I wanted an i7 or Ryzen or greater.
RTX 3060 130w or greater
I also didn't want to spend a fortune. If it went over $1500, I'd just overhaul my PC with something cheap to appease Microsoft and their silly boot security. Before the TPM BS, I was only planning a GPU upgrade from the 980ti sc+ and maybe a new case and do the rest a year after the new Intel chips came out.

I stumbled upon this Asus Strix config and after the 10% state tax and expedited shipping, I was still under the advertised price of $1399. The upgrade to the 5900HX from the 4800H was out of my proposed budget, and not as big of a deal as the 130w GPU over the 80W was for the games I play. I was just happy to find the 130w and CPU combo in the price range. Hoping the Windows 11 Ryzen bug is fixed Monday. Oh, and Fuck Microsoft.
Riley91

Post by Riley91 »

My laptop has an i7 with a NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti 4GB GDDR6. I haven't played any video games on it yet. I just saw it was "Reader's Choice PC" and was on sale. I think I can mine cryptocurrency with my video card (or maybe it's more of a chip than a card since it's a laptop).
BFF of RubeChick
Riley91

Post by Riley91 »

Winston wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:54 pm http://wccftech.com/get-an-asus-rog-str ... r-1399-99/

No clue why I am unable to post a link but bought a new laptop over upgrading my i7 6700k for Windows 11 before the new Intel chips came out. (pissed me off but good lol)

RTX 3060 130w or greater
I also didn't want to spend a fortune. If it went over $1500, I'd just overhaul my PC with something cheap to appease Microsoft and their silly boot security. Before the TPM BS, I was only planning a GPU upgrade from the 980ti sc+ and maybe a new case and do the rest a year after the new Intel chips came out.

I stumbled upon this Asus Strix config and after the 10% state tax and expedited shipping, I was still under the advertised price of $1399. The upgrade to the 5900HX from the 4800H was out of my proposed budget, and not as big of a deal as the 130w GPU over the 80W was for the games I play. I was just happy to find the 130w and CPU combo in the price range. Hoping the Windows 11 Ryzen bug is fixed Monday. Oh, and Fuck Microsoft.
Does Microsoft intentionally block certain cards because they don't want to develop support features for it? Or is it more of a blanket security feature that certain cards just happen to trigger?
BFF of RubeChick
Drunken1

Post by Drunken1 »

Riley91 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:19 pm
Winston wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:54 pm http://wccftech.com/get-an-asus-rog-str ... r-1399-99/

RTX 3060 130w or greater

Does Microsoft intentionally block certain cards because they don't want to develop support features for it? Or is it more of a blanket security feature that certain cards just happen to trigger?
Security boot feature in the newer CPUs. I just find it silly as it is more than capable of running the OS. I guess I could run it without support, but am happy on the laptop.
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

Sorry guys. Had to throw this somewhere :lol:

Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

NERDS!!!!

Asia makes nerds cool, we get those guys.
Abe Froman
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Abe Froman »

ForCaleb wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:43 pm Sorry guys. Had to throw this somewhere :lol:

Ten tons of human plus about $70,000 in computer hardware equals Nerd Rage
I made this!
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I'm surprised they weren't throning Funyuns at each other.
Let's get Tropical