Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Thinking about doing this

Video game themed message board
Moses Scurry

Re: Thinking about doing this

Post by Moses Scurry »

Off topic but got me thinking, it seems Windows 10 has "xbox" baked in. Why bother with an xbox? Would it be cheaper and more repairable to make a small form factor PC and just use the Xbox app? Then if something dies it's actually serviceable.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Abe Froman wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:02 pm
Moses Scurry wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:02 pm Off topic but got me thinking, it seems Windows 10 has "xbox" baked in. Why bother with an xbox? Would it be cheaper and more repairable to make a small form factor PC and just use the Xbox app? Then if something dies it's actually serviceable.
I hear you. I said the same thing last year. I'll probably get a PS5 and maybe whatever Nintendo releases, but unless the new Xbox has something I must have that I can't get on a PC, I don't think I'm buying a next gen Xbox.

Right now I'm running an hdmi port over to my gaming tv as a 3rd monitor on my PC. It works great, so my plan will be to just update my PC as need be and run the Xbox app.
I think Nintendo will be playing around with the Switch for quite a lot longer. They are supposed to be bringing out two new versions: an upgraded I guess Pro/X version; and a solely portable version which replaces the DS.
Tommy_Hawk 2.0

Post by Tommy_Hawk 2.0 »

Abe Froman wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:19 am Idk... I am actually super fuckn pissed at myself right now .. I bought my dad Tix to David Crosby... Like, fuck yeah, woohoo, this is good... I fucking just paid twice as much because my dumbass can't read the fucking billing statement, and now I just bought $400 worth of tickets that I might not even be able to go to with my father because it is traditionally... In every single north American locale.... Fuck'n harvest!!!.... Who's going with me?
Melissa Ethridge and her wife used David Crosby's sperm for their baby. How he, Ozzy, and Keith are still alive we'll never know.

Sounds like a great concert. Will SN or Y make an appearance?
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Abe Froman wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:19 am Idk... I am actually super fuckn pissed at myself right now .. I bought my dad Tix to David Crosby... Like, fuck yeah, woohoo, this is good... I fucking just paid twice as much because my dumbass can't read the fucking billing statement, and now I just bought $400 worth of tickets that I might not even be able to go to with my father because it is traditionally... In every single north American locale.... Fuck'n harvest!!!.... Who's going with me?
I'm confused.
Tommy_Hawk 2.0

Post by Tommy_Hawk 2.0 »

Abe Froman wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:04 pm
Tommy_Hawk 2.0 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:34 pm
Melissa Ethridge and her wife used David Crosby's sperm for their baby. How he, Ozzy, and Keith are still alive we'll never know.

Sounds like a great concert. Will SN or Y make an appearance?
Fingers crossed but I really doubt it.
Okay. I'll go with, but you have to stop taking your meds so that we can drink more than a 6-pack of beer.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Abe Froman wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:21 pm
LordNu wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:50 pm
I'm confused.
I managed to get legally scammed because I'm an inpatient dumbass. I bought Tix for a show for my dad. The show is during the one time of year he can't go, and I managed to go through a ticket resaler thinking it was the venue's site so they charged me rediculous fees that were hidden until after the purchase. So, $150 for 2 Tix costed me $370... I'm pretty sure their site is at least legally questionable, but good Fuck'n luck with that. At this point I think it would just be cheaper to cut my losses on it. If the process isn't too bad, I think I'll report the fuckers to the better business bureau though. Loads of reviews on this company fucking people over like this. If enough people report it, maybe it will force action so the next guy doesn't get fucked
Ah, sorry to hear that. A lesson learnt and taught to all us. :thumbsup: