Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

E3 2019 - Sunday, Sunday, Sunday

Video game themed message board
YBBR

E3 2019 - Sunday, Sunday, Sunday

Post by YBBR »

So what the hell is happening? No Sony at E3.

Is this the beginning of the end for E3, or a transition of what the show is, or perhaps just a bump in the road?
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
LordNu

Re: E3 2019 - Sunday, Sunday, Sunday

Post by LordNu »

They weren't there another time as well, or am I making that up?

E3 isn't what it used to be.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

LordNu wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:14 pm They weren't there another time as well, or am I making that up?

E3 isn't what it used to be.
With how widespread these publishers are online with their own branding, and how fast these release trailers can get to the interested parties, meeting in a physical location to give these press conferences, just doesn't make a ton of sense. I'll be interested to see what people say about the show and how it looks this year.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

E3 was a must back before how widespread the internet is now. You would read the coverage in magazines a month after the damn show!
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

YBBR wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:23 pm E3 was a must back before how widespread the internet is now. You would read the coverage in magazines a month after the damn show!
Precisely, now it's almost meaningless, as the developers just release their own shows - i.e. Nintendo direct.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Microsoft in about 15 mins.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

X Cloud is crazy interesting to me.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

HAHA Keanu Reeves in Cyberpunk 2077
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

4 16 2020
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Spiritfarer art style looks amazing
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Microsoft is knocking it out the park.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Holy balls does the new Elite controller look awesome.

Changing stick tension is awesome.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

The next Xbox reveal was pretty lame imo.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

xCloud not ready. Is the tech there to stream games with the Project Scarlett power off servers over to whatever Microsoft stuff you have? That's where they need to get to. Basically do what Google Stadia is trying to but on a much greater/more powerful scale.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

It started hot and ended with a thud imo. Not many that impressed.

Gone are the days of huge surprises at E3 etc.

A bunch of games we already knew we were coming and very little gameplay from any of them. A bunch of CGI.

I liked the new Elite controller and some of the Japan and indie titles.

Not a memorable show though.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Keanu coming out for Cyberpunk was the best moment. Seeing him in the game and seeing the date.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

What did they lead with Obsidian's Outer Worlds? That was announced last year. Got a 2019 date. Blair Witxh looked surprisingly interesting. Will play Spiritfarer and Ori's sequel.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Bethesda was a whole bunch of bullshit up front. Ghostwire: Tokyo, Doom Eternal. and Deathloop looked good.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

I'm skeptical about the new Wolfenstein. I wanted a direct sequel to II. Not a timeskip to the 80's BJ's daughters searching for BJ.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Abe Froman wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:53 pm
YBBR wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:55 pm I'm skeptical about the new Wolfenstein. I wanted a direct sequel to II. Not a timeskip to the 80's BJ's daughters searching for BJ.
You really want a game with BJ Blazkowicz driving his twin daughters around in a minivan to soccer practice and baking cookies for book club meeting? Cuz that's what happens after the last game. Kids and book club.
If I wanted to play Nancy Drew...I would have played Nancy Drew! Although it'll probably be batshit crazy and I'll love it.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Abe Froman wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:02 pm Just watching some clips from Shenmue 3 on the PC Game E3 Show. It honestly doesn't look that much better than Shenmue 2 or even the original Shenmue. Just surprising. The graphics were surprisingly good on the Dreamcast, I kinda expected something nearly real looking this time. About all I noticed with this one was better detail and draw distances. Not even that much better, btw. On one hand, it's kinda cool that they kept the original art style, and it really does look like a sequel to a game I remember. On the other hand, I think they are going to need to do more to make this game relevant to everyone.
The game is all funded from Kickstarter donations and it made about 7 million dollars.

It's not going to look like some AAA game.

No one is buying this game anyways other than Shenmue fans.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Cloud gaming is a bad idea unless the consumer gets protections or get copies. I buy FF7 for PC, I can still play it two decades later as I have the CD's. Cloud gets shutdown, sorry bud, should have read your terms of service.

****Cloud, no pun intended.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Moses Scurry wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:21 pm Cloud gaming is a bad idea unless the consumer gets protections or get copies. I buy FF7 for PC, I can still play it two decades later as I have the CD's. Cloud gets shutdown, sorry bud, should have read your terms of service.

****Cloud, no pun intended.
This is where it is going unfortunately though. This will be the last generation of physical media.

It is one of the only places left where we are still buying discs and many are not even buying them anymore.

Do you have these "Protections" on Steam? No. People have been buying games on their for year's.

Also when you are talking streaming, you are talking about a service. Something like Netflix for example. You get what they give you for a monthly fee.

Video game companies can't wait for this model.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

The cover for Shenmue even looks cheap. They may even only do a limited run on physical copies.

The HD remakes of the first two games came out last summer and barely managed to sell 50,000 copies.

This is one of my favorite game series of all time but the thing that makes me not even care to play it is it will not finish the story.

I understand Yu can't finish his story with one more game but how the hell do you go 20 year's, have to ask the fans to fund it and think you are going to make more chapters?

This is going to put the series in the grave imo.

They should of took the money, used the same dreamcast engine and graphics and made it into a episodic game like the TellTale games did and finish the story.

This game didn't sell when gamers had good tastes. It sure isn't going to sell in the day of everything Online, watch Ninja stream while he eats Doritos and drinks Dew, Loot box, pew pew pew era.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

STOP HATING ON SHENMUE!!! ITS ABOUT THE STORY!!!!
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Abe Froman wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:48 pm
YBBR wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:25 pm HAHA Keanu Reeves in Cyberpunk 2077
Whuow...
I was so hype when I saw that.

I don't know why, but Keanu in a game like that just makes it soooo much more amazing.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

LordNu wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:10 pm STOP HATING ON SHENMUE!!! ITS ABOUT THE STORY!!!!
Ughh I love the game. I'm not even ripping on the game I have seen. I'm ripping on how they are going about this all.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:13 pm
LordNu wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:10 pm STOP HATING ON SHENMUE!!! ITS ABOUT THE STORY!!!!
Ughh I love the game. I'm not even ripping on the game I have seen. I'm ripping on how they are going about this all.
I meant YBBR and Abe.

They go on about "Are you guys, Sailors."
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

LordNu wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:14 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:13 pm
I meant YBBR and Abe.

They go on about "Are you guys, Sailors."
Will it have sailors or will that be in the DLC? Is there enough crowd funding for sailors?
YBBR

Post by YBBR »