Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Has anyone ever intentionally lost at video games?

Video game themed message board
Douglas Bubbletrousers
***Official Gibby Award Winner - March 2018, June 2019***

Has anyone ever intentionally lost at video games?

Post by Douglas Bubbletrousers »

I'm currently losing on purpose at League of Legends to work my way down to the absolute lowest ranking.

That game has rankings that go diamond, platinum, gold, silver, bronze, then iron is the worst. I had started out in gold and am now down to the middle of bronze. I had to lose quite a few games to drop that far. This is way more fun than playing the game for real and trying to win.

The people have gotten dumber and dumber as I've gone down. Sometimes it's hard to lose because someone on the other team sucks so bad, so I have to actively try to help the other team without making it too obvious. It's a whole new challenge in itself.

Pissing someone on my team off to where they quit midgame usually seals a loss.
I don't give a fig for the simplicity on this side of complexity, but I would die for the simplicity on the other side of complexity.
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Re: Has anyone ever intentionally lost at video games?

Post by Mandatory »

Can you put out more videos on youtube? I really liked Basketball Stuff.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
Douglas Bubbletrousers
***Official Gibby Award Winner - March 2018, June 2019***

Post by Douglas Bubbletrousers »

Damn both of my accounts are suspended for 2 weeks for intentionally feeding the enemy team.
I don't give a fig for the simplicity on this side of complexity, but I would die for the simplicity on the other side of complexity.
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

In my early twenties, some coworker friends of mine would get together and play a Madden tournament at someone's house. We had about 7 TV's set up throughout the house and we would play a bracket style tournament. I smoked everyone and got to the Championship. I was playing the director of sales at my company. I kept it close the whole game and let him win. I think he had an idea - but not completely sure.
"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
j2j

Post by j2j »

Where are these basketball YouTube videos?
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

***Official 2022 Froob Brackets Participant***