Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

The Show 19

Video game themed message board
Rusty Kuntz

The Show 19

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

Anyone got this? I bought it and it's currently downloading. The last Show that I've had was 17. Im excited for the career mode, I read good things about it.. :beer:
Rusty Kuntz

Re: The Show 19

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

So far I've just played my player mode and it's fantastic! I made my guy a Knuckleballer.. the interactions you have play a role in what you become. So far so good. A vast improvement to 17.. :beer:
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

I hadn't bought it in about 3-4 years before picking this up a few weeks back. I love it!

I started the RTTS but I'm really annoyed that I've put in a couple hours and I'm still only like 54ovr and in AA. How much time do they expect people to sink into it?

I highly recommend checking out Road to October. You probably play about a third of the games and most instances start you at about the 7th innning. Lots of different scenarios; wrap up a series sweep, avoid getting walked off, finish no-hitter, spark a late comeback etc. How you perform adds to your team momentum which affects your overall record. It's a lot of fun and straddles that line of the near impossible task of playing a whole season in a game. I definitely suggest checking it out.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
Herky

Post by Herky »

I love it and play a game or two a night in my Cubs dynasty. Hands down the best sports title out there.
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

My VR still blows my mind.
"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

Mandatory wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 3:19 pm I hadn't bought it in about 3-4 years before picking this up a few weeks back. I love it!

I started the RTTS but I'm really annoyed that I've put in a couple hours and I'm still only like 54ovr and in AA. How much time do they expect people to sink into it?

I highly recommend checking out Road to October. You probably play about a third of the games and most instances start you at about the 7th innning. Lots of different scenarios; wrap up a series sweep, avoid getting walked off, finish no-hitter, spark a late comeback etc. How you perform adds to your team momentum which affects your overall record. It's a lot of fun and straddles that line of the near impossible task of playing a whole season in a game. I definitely suggest checking it out.
My knuckle baller is really good, 2 perfect games in AA, and it still took to just past the all star game to move up to AAA. I played out the rest of the AAA season and finally at the opening of the second season i got the call up. I don't think I could have done any better and made it up any faster.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Rusty Kuntz wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:06 am
Mandatory wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 3:19 pm I hadn't bought it in about 3-4 years before picking this up a few weeks back. I love it!

My knuckle baller is really good, 2 perfect games in AA, and it still took to just past the all star game to move up to AAA. I played out the rest of the AAA season and finally at the opening of the second season i got the call up. I don't think I could have done any better and made it up any faster.
Good info.. I'm having too much fun playing Road to October.. I think I'll just skip the RTTS if it's going to take that long.

I just love this freaking game.

#BaltimoreStrong
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Dammit! This happens every year I play this game for an extended period of time! I started hot but now I can't hit for shit. I can't seem to square up a pitch. I'm either "very late" even on 90mph 4 seamers or "very early" on hanging curves. It's so in my head now that I'm swinging at everything and my hitters eye has gone to shit. I've had two games go 18 innings because I couldn't score a damn run! FUCK

#BaltimoreStrong
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

I've been playing a shit ton of this. I know it's kinda cheesy but I created two franchises with force trades and just created two super teams with whoever I want. Been playing through those trying to get a game or two in a day. Having a lot of fun and don't care that I've got a stacked roster.

#BaltimoreStrong
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

If you haven't downloaded it yet, it's the free down load for PS Plus members for October
My body, my choice.
Herky

Post by Herky »

Great game.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Mandatory wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:37 pm I've been playing a shit ton of this. I know it's kinda cheesy but I created two franchises with force trades and just created two super teams with whoever I want. Been playing through those trying to get a game or two in a day. Having a lot of fun and don't care that I've got a stacked roster.
So basically, you're the Yankees?
Let's get Tropical
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

jffl_commish wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:26 am
Mandatory wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:37 pm I've been playing a shit ton of this. I know it's kinda cheesy but I created two franchises with force trades and just created two super teams with whoever I want. Been playing through those trying to get a game or two in a day. Having a lot of fun and don't care that I've got a stacked roster.
So basically, you're the Yankees?
lol, yeah.. pretty much.

I hven't played in a month or so with FIFA and other games out.. but if memory serves.. roster:

Syndegaard
Severino
German
Stroman
Berrios

Hader
Chapman

Sanchez
Josh Bell
Swanson
Gregorious
Machado
Buxton
Trout
Judge
DH Stanton

It's absolutely ridiculous.

#BaltimoreStrong
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Can you actually create your own franchise, name, jerseys, stadium, all that fun stuff?
Let's get Tropical
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

jffl_commish wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:08 am Can you actually create your own franchise, name, jerseys, stadium, all that fun stuff?
I'm not sure the specifics but I do know there's a roster/uniform vault deal where you can create uniforms. Not sure if they're only for online/ultimate team mode and if you can do stadiums/rosters.

#BaltimoreStrong
salamander

Post by salamander »

Rusty Kuntz wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 11:08 pm Anyone got this? I bought it and it's currently downloading. The last Show that I've had was 17. Im excited for the career mode, I read good things about it.. :beer:
I just haven't liked a baseball game since MLB 2K13. That was the best baseball series and I loved the pitching.
The show has shitting pitching. Especially 19.

My buddies and I all still play that game.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

salamander wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:48 pm
Rusty Kuntz wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 11:08 pm Anyone got this? I bought it and it's currently downloading. The last Show that I've had was 17. Im excited for the career mode, I read good things about it.. :beer:
I just haven't liked a baseball game since MLB 2K13. That was the best baseball series and I loved the pitching.

Which style do you use? I use classic meter. I don't get the analog "swing stick" style.

#BaltimoreStrong
salamander

Post by salamander »

Mandatory wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:59 pm
salamander wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:48 pm

Which style do you use? I use classic meter. I don't get the analog "swing stick" style.
Classic as well. We've tried the swing stick multiple times thinking, "If we learn it maybe it'll be better!"
Nope, it just sucks.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Playing this, about 10 games in. I love how everything is a strike. I make pitchers throw about 6 pitches per inning. lol
Let's get Tropical
Herky

Post by Herky »

jffl_commish wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:47 pm Playing this, about 10 games in. I love how everything is a strike. I make pitchers throw about 6 pitches per inning. lol
Do you adjust sliders at all? If not I reccomend these settings to make it harder to hit. You will actually walk if you are patient. I never swing until I get a strike called. Makes for deeper counts and a more realistic game. Credit to JoshC1977 over at Operation Sports who these belong to.

Hitting Difficulty: All-Star
Hitting Interface Directional
Input Type - Buttons
Plate Coverage Indicator - Off
Camera Shift - Off
In-Play View Offense - Broadcast

Pitching:
Pitching Difficulty: All Star
Pitching Interface: Classic
Pitching View: Broadcast

Pitching Ball Marker: Off
Pitch Callout: Off
Pitch Confidence: On
Pitch Delay: Normal
API: Default

Batting and Baserunning:
Hitting Difficulty: All-Star
Hitting Interface Directional
Input Type - Buttons
Plate Coverage Indicator - Off
Camera Shift - Off
In-Play View Offense - Broadcast

Hitting View: Retro (Users Choice)
The camera angle you hit with. Majorly important!! Retro works really well for me but it may not for you. If you have a nice solid sample size (~40 games) or if you've had very consistent outcomes over a 15-20 game stretch and feel hitting is overly easy or overly difficult for you based on the team/players you're using, this should be the first place to look. I do know for a fact that one's perception of the pitch speed will vary depending on your camera (fish eye is an example of a camera where pitch speed will seem faster).

Dynamic Difficulty Sensitivity 0

User/CPU Contact 5

User/CPU Power 5

User/CPU Timing 5

User/CPU Foul Frequency 5

User/CPU Solid Hits 4

User/CPU Starter Stamina 6

User/CPU Reliever Stamina 5

User Pitcher Control 6

CPU Pitcher Control 6

User/CPU Pitcher Consistency 5

Strike Frequency 5

Manager Hook 5

Pickoffs 5

Fastball Pitch Speed 7 (users choice)
Off speed Pitch Speed 6 (users choice)

Fielding Errors Infield 5
Fielding Errors Outfield 5
Throwing Errors Infield 5
Throwing Errors Outfield 5

Fielder Run Speed 4
Fielder Reaction 4

Fielder Arm Strength Infield 5
Fielder Arm Strength Outfield 5
Baserunner Speed 5
Baserunner Steal Ability 5
Baserunner Steal Frequency 5
Wind 5

Injuries 5

Trade Slider 5 - April
Trade Slider 6 - May
Trade Slider 7 - June
Trade Slider 10 - July
Trade Slider 6 - August
Trade Slider 5 - September
Trade Slider 5 - October
Trade Slider 9 - November thru February
Trade Slider 6 - Spring Training
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Thanks. Maybe I'll give that a shot. I need to finish a perfect game first. I've been 5 outs away twice. Bummer.
Let's get Tropical
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

I'm going to try those sliders at some point. A couple years ago I used to be into trying the different settings but never bothered this year.

#BaltimoreStrong