Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Boxing Game

Video game themed message board
Hole Nova Level

Boxing Game

Post by Hole Nova Level »

They ever gonna do another boxing game!?!?!?

Fight Night Champion was the bomb! that's from 2011!

Let's go! Fight Nights are great games.
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Re: Boxing Game

Post by Mandatory »

You ever play the UFC games? I've got one from a couple years back. It was fun.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
Herky

Post by Herky »

Fight Night Round 4 was the best one. Not sure why they stopped making the series. Pretty sure it sold well.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Mandatory wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:37 am You ever play the UFC games? I've got one from a couple years back. It was fun.
It sucks. I did career mode and created a fighter. After awhile you fight your rival who takes you to the ground and fucks you up, every time, even on easy. There's no way to beat him. Then your career is over and you have to start over. Fuckin stupid.

Other than that its pretty good.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Hole Nova Level wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:22 am They ever gonna do another boxing game!?!?!?

Big boxing fan here. I loved Champion. I don't know if we ever see one again.

Big budget games only cater to the masses now and unfortunately, boxing is more of a niche sport.

They make more money from putting out UFC stuff (Which I'm not a fan of)

I have people say "Just buy UFC" that's like saying go buy a cricket game if you want to play baseball.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Hole Nova Level

Mandatory wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:37 am You ever play the UFC games? I've got one from a couple years back. It was fun.
I did a loooong time ago. Mechanics with those games always seem a little slow. Multiple button pressing to just do one move.

Throwing hands can be more refined and such, always liked boxing games because less "technical" mechanics involved in the execution of what you wanna do.
Hole Nova Level

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 11:43 am
Hole Nova Level wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:22 am They ever gonna do another boxing game!?!?!?

Big budget games only cater to the masses now and unfortunately, boxing is more of a niche sport.

I have people say "Just buy UFC" that's like saying go buy a cricket game if you want to play baseball.
Yeah a read an article a few years ago that there wasn't enough "interest" aka sales in the boxing game at this point.

Would be cool tho now with some of the new boxers (and always love the legends) to make an updated game.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Hole Nova Level wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 11:50 am
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 11:43 am

Yeah a read an article a few years ago that there wasn't enough "interest" aka sales in the boxing game at this point.

Would be cool tho now with some of the new boxers (and always love the legends) to make an updated game.
One of the biggest obstacles for these games is everyone has to be individually payed. These guy's have to agree and be payed for their likeness. The cost to pay the top boxers to appear on the game probably cost too much tor what they would make.

This is what happened with the college sports games that no longer exist.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
salamander

Post by salamander »

Herky wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:56 am Fight Night Round 4 was the best one. Not sure why they stopped making the series. Pretty sure it sold well.
I still play this game with some buddies. Have been since it came out.
There hasn't been a good boxing game since.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
salamander

Post by salamander »

UFC 2 was awesome! UFC 3 fucking sucked balls.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
B-Town

Post by B-Town »

Herky wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:56 am Fight Night Round 4 was the best one. Not sure why they stopped making the series. Pretty sure it sold well.
I loved Round 3. That game was haymaker central.

I'd love a new boxing game, but like others have said, the market for it is small and it costs a ton of money to develop games nowadays.
Dayman, Fighter of the Nightman.

Stup up, Abe!
B-Town

Post by B-Town »

salamander wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 12:12 pm
UFC 1 was great. I played that online a lot, amassed a record of like 85-30, mainly playing as Rampage Jackson in the LHW division. I probably had closer to a 4 or 5-1 win/loss ratio, but the game allowed people to quit as they were being knocked out to avoid the decision.
Dayman, Fighter of the Nightman.

Stup up, Abe!
salamander

Post by salamander »

B-Town wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:17 am
salamander wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 12:12 pm
UFC 1 was great. I played that online a lot, amassed a record of like 85-30, mainly playing as Rampage Jackson in the LHW division. I probably had closer to a 4 or 5-1 win/loss ratio, but the game allowed people to quit as they were being knocked out to avoid the decision.
Never played the first one. That would seriously piss me off if someone punk ass quite on my like that.
What a bunch of sissies.