Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

PS4 hard drive

Video game themed message board
LwnmwrMan222

PS4 hard drive

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

My kid needs a bigger hard drive, I did it once on my PS4 before, but can I put an external hard drive on there and will it work?

I think last time I had to back everything up to an external hard drive, put the new hard drive in, and then reinstall everything.
My body, my choice.
Rusty Kuntz

Re: PS4 hard drive

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

Yes, I got a 2tb Seagate external hard drive and it works great. Real easy to set up and use.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Ended up having a look due to this thread. WD has a specific PS4 external hard drive. What makes it so special?
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

LordNu wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:04 am Ended up having a look due to this thread. WD has a specific PS4 external hard drive. What makes it so special?
I'm sure nothing. Probably just branded and you pay more for it.

Like those Xbox thumb drives for 360 that were no different than a standard one except you paid 20 dollars more. :shrug:
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:15 am
LordNu wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:04 am Ended up having a look due to this thread. WD has a specific PS4 external hard drive. What makes it so special?
I'm sure nothing. Probably just branded and you pay more for it.

Like those Xbox thumb drives for 360 that were no different than a standard one except you paid 20 dollars more. :shrug:
Sounds about right. It had a bit of blue on it.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Abe Froman wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:27 pm
It uses magical powers to save your stuff.
I'll take 20!
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

I ended up buying a new PS4. His PS4 had USB port issues from me repeatedly inserting my dink before I had bought my PRO.

We are sending this PS4 in to have the USB's fixed, then my oldest can use it. He can take it with him to college then.

I had bought the 4TB Seagate, and a new PS4 with a 1TB internal drive was only $175 more.

I also bought the Netgear boxes where you use your existing power wires in the house at Ethernet cables.

My youngest was having wifi issues, so we are hoping these will act like his PS4 is directly connected to the router.

We have Frontier, and to get a better modem/router is not possible.
My body, my choice.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Abe Froman wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 1:17 pm
LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 10:19 am I ended up buying a new PS4. His PS4 had USB port issues from me repeatedly inserting my dink before I had bought my PRO.

We are sending this PS4 in to have the USB's fixed, then my oldest can use it. He can take it with him to college then.

I had bought the 4TB Seagate, and a new PS4 with a 1TB internal drive was only $175 more.

I also bought the Netgear boxes where you use your existing power wires in the house at Ethernet cables.

My youngest was having wifi issues, so we are hoping these will act like his PS4 is directly connected to the router.

We have Frontier, and to get a better modem/router is not possible.
Get these.

Totally worth it.
What are they?
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

Bookmarked.. I need to do this.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

I actually bought it...
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Abe Froman wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:33 am
LordNu wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:27 pm

I actually bought it...
Is it true about the rainbow powers?
It only goes blue...

It was incredibly easy to set up, like it is straight out of the box hook up for use. Means I can have all my games finally downloaded or installed -I have the 500gb, which I didn't realise at the time was so limited.

So all in all, $20AUD more for a nice blue light.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Finally ordered a HD for my PS4. Set it up a week ago.. all it took was plugging it in.. couldn't have been easier. I've already loaded all of my games and dlc that I had to delete any time I wanted to buy a new game.. and I still have a ton of space! Can't believe I didn't do it sooner.

Believe I bought the PS4 licensed Seagate 2TB HD.

#BaltimoreStrong
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Mandatory wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:12 am Finally ordered a HD for my PS4. Set it up a week ago.. all it took was plugging it in.. couldn't have been easier. I've already loaded all of my games and dlc that I had to delete any time I wanted to buy a new game.. and I still have a ton of space! Can't believe I didn't do it sooner.

How much better is it!
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

LordNu wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:09 pm
Mandatory wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:12 am Finally ordered a HD for my PS4. Set it up a week ago.. all it took was plugging it in.. couldn't have been easier. I've already loaded all of my games and dlc that I had to delete any time I wanted to buy a new game.. and I still have a ton of space! Can't believe I didn't do it sooner.

How much better is it!
So much!!

#BaltimoreStrong