Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Rage 2

Video game themed message board
YBBR

Rage 2

Post by YBBR »

Review embargoes are probably up today on Rage 2. I wonder what people think about it?
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Hole Nova Level

Re: Rage 2

Post by Hole Nova Level »

last game a played full thru, was Rage....

Maybe i'll find the time to play this one???
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Heard it's pretty middle of the road. Will pass on this.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

YBBR wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 7:39 pm Heard it's pretty middle of the road. Will pass on this.
I'm of the opinion that gamers expectations are so high these days it's not possible for a game to receive positive reviews based solely off of gameplay.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

I'm not sure Rage 2 is the hill you want to die on. I'm sure it's fine.

But I like supporting developers that make a really great product. And there's plenty of those.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

YBBR wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:34 pm I'm not sure Rage 2 is the hill you want to die on. I'm sure it's fine.

But I like supporting developers that make a really great product. And there's plenty of those.
You're right, its not. I'm just tired of reviews for every game being bad these days.

#BaltimoreStrong
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Mandatory wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 1:23 pm
YBBR wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 7:39 pm Heard it's pretty middle of the road. Will pass on this.
I'm of the opinion that gamers expectations are so high these days it's not possible for a game to receive positive reviews based solely off of gameplay.
Da fuq?!? Most reviewers give way too good reviews imo.

Every shitty COD game gets close to 9's. Madden doesn't even play like a football game and gets 8's annually.

I didn't even have to see the reviews on this turd.

This is the type of game that will be in the bargin bin in a month.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

I bought this last weekend on my Xbox One X. Still haven't played yet. Maybe this weekend?

#BaltimoreStrong
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Fired this up last night. Played maybe about an hour.. pretty much the intro storyline.. actually probably didn't even finish it. It was just meh.. but I pretty much haven't even got to where they introduce the mechanics. Going to sink some time this weekend.

#BaltimoreStrong
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

I played quite a bit more and they game has really picked up for me. It feels really good so far as a run and gun shooter. Really fun, simple gun play. Things get pretty chaotic at times which can be exciting. Everything has a real Mad Max feel to it, in the sense of the setting, never played the Mad Max game. I'm excited to keep going!

#BaltimoreStrong
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Put some more time in last night. I'd say the game feels very reminiscent of Mass Effect and Far Cry. Mass Effect in the sense of you tool around the wasteland in your vehicle looking for outposts/arks/interesting sites and Far Cry in that once you find these locations most need to be cleared of enemies and looted. In this age of anything that's not new or "fresh" sucks you could definitely accuse this game of being same old but I'm having a hell of a lot of fun with it. One of my favorite things is the names of characters you run across. Very reminiscent of Idiocracy.. Beef Supreme, President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho, etc.. And the gun play continues to be very satisfying and fun.

#BaltimoreStrong
Hole Nova Level

Mandatory wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:10 pm Put some more time in last night. I'd say the game feels very reminiscent of Mass Effect and Far Cry. Mass Effect in the sense of you tool around the wasteland in your vehicle looking for outposts/arks/interesting sites and Far Cry in that once you find these locations most need to be cleared of enemies and looted. In this age of anything that's not new or "fresh" sucks you could definitely accuse this game of being same old but I'm having a hell of a lot of fun with it. One of my favorite things is the names of characters you run across. Very reminiscent of Idiocracy.. Beef Supreme, President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho, etc.. And the gun play continues to be very satisfying and fun.
Perfect! Sounds like a good gay for a simple gamer like myself!
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Hole Nova Level wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:10 am
Mandatory wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:10 pm Put some more time in last night. I'd say the game feels very reminiscent of Mass Effect and Far Cry. Mass Effect in the sense of you tool around the wasteland in your vehicle looking for outposts/arks/interesting sites and Far Cry in that once you find these locations most need to be cleared of enemies and looted. In this age of anything that's not new or "fresh" sucks you could definitely accuse this game of being same old but I'm having a hell of a lot of fun with it. One of my favorite things is the names of characters you run across. Very reminiscent of Idiocracy.. Beef Supreme, President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho, etc.. And the gun play continues to be very satisfying and fun.
Perfect! Sounds like a good gay for a simple gamer like myself!
:lol:

But yeah, it really is simple and fun. You can really "run and gun" in this game. No advance tactics needed. Just good hard fast fun.

#BaltimoreStrong
Hole Nova Level

I wish they made a game with literally only "outposts" like the ones in Far Cry 3. Those were so fun. Could do that awl day.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Hole Nova Level wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:27 am I wish they made a game with literally only "outposts" like the ones in Far Cry 3. Those were so fun. Could do that awl day.
This has a lot of that. Outposts, road blocks and depots that you basically just run in, kill everyone and collect all the chests/loot.

Short video of someone clearing a small outpost. They turned the hud off so know it's not normally like that.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

#BaltimoreStrong
Hole Nova Level

That was actually sweet!