Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

New Sony Playstation specs

Video game themed message board
YBBR

New Sony Playstation specs

Post by YBBR »

Sony not fucking around. It does sound like they're really beefing up for the next generation.

The new AMD Ryzen processor yet to be released
8K gaming
An SSD built in
Ray Tracing
Backwards compatibility

I wonder what they're shooting for price wise? This is from a Mark Cerny interview as well.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
LwnmwrMan222

Re: New Sony Playstation specs

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

YBBR wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:54 am Sony not fucking around. It does sound like they're really beefing up for the next generation.

The new AMD Ryzen processor yet to be released
8K gaming
An SSD built in
Ray Tracing
Backwards compatibility

I wonder what they're shooting for price wise? This is from a Mark Cerny interview as well.
Wired or someone (forget where I saw it) says $500.
My body, my choice.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Abe Froman wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:22 pm I'm a little surprised they would even bother with 8k right now when barely anyone has an 8k TV and there are even fewer companies utilizing that technology. Seems like something that could be left out for a couple years to reduce cost, and added later in an upgraded version. I'm also pretty curious what the Ryzen processor they include in it will be comparable with on the PC side.
They did some mock up to show the power and it was super high. It's better than anything on the market currently apparently, better than a 2080 TI, so not so underpowered this time out with the 4.

AMD is gonna roll those cards put at some point. Presumably before the nee PlayStation hits. Jason Schreier was saying Holiday 2020 was a safe bet for launch. So still a ways out.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

This will be the last hardware that comes out. The future is like Netflix subscription services.

Gaming becomes more of a joke as time goes on. I won't be buying this time around.

They can shove their unfinished games, patches, pay to play online, micro transactions, same game franchises over and over and over again, up their ass.

I like how they make backwards compatibility something to get hyped for. They took it away from consumers and now we are supposed to get excited?!?

Can't wait for a higher resolution Assassins Creed. :zzz:
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:18 pm This will be the last hardware that comes out. The future is like Netflix subscription services.

Gaming becomes more of a joke as time goes on. I won't be buying this time around.

They can shove their unfinished games, patches, pay to play online, micro transactions, same game franchises over and over and over again, up their ass.

I like how they make backwards compatibility something to get hyped for. They took it away from consumers and now we are supposed to get excited?!?

I sort of agree. I get more bored playing video games then I ever have before. Its like people less imaginative than me are creating them, and the games lose theirflavor faster.

Fallout76- Pretty fun now, but I dont want to beat the quest and never play again.

Red Dead- Story was good, beat the game in a month playing conservatively.

The Show '19- Fun, but the moving difficulty scale for hitting and pitching makes it unrealistic. You bat .500 until it gets harder, then all of a sudden you are 1-27.

Yeah, I'll wait til this bitch drops down after four or five years again, and buy it secondhand and play all the good games after they are old, but new to me.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

I'll wait a few years after it is out. Best thing I heard is that it will be PS4 backwards compatible. Needs to be so people get it and can actually play some games from the get go.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Abe Froman wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:22 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:18 pm This will be the last hardware that comes out. The future is like Netflix subscription services.

Yes, lots of disappointing trends, but it's not all bad either. Look at a lot of Sony's exclusives, and the beginning stages of VR gaming. Even subscription services don't have to be bad. Xbox game pass is one hell of a good value right now. Sony would be smart to copy that with their next system versus the way they are doing it now. Also, consoles like the switch, or x-over laptop tablets like my surface pro that enable me to play games I didn't even believe possible for a portable system 5 years ago are out and fucking awesome if you spend any decent chunks of time away from home... Even Steam, which isn't anything new, is awesome to have right now. Last weekend I was able to find Lord's of the Realm II for $1.01. I loved that fucking game in 1994! I can play it again, trouble free, on my surface pro. And it even works with the touch screen. That's awesome.

In short, I hate the pay to play bullshit and I absolutely hate the unfinished games thing. But, don't give up on gaming because of it. Instead, show them with your dollars that you don't like it, and literally go on their sites to complain.

Regarding the hardware... I will buy the PS5, but I'm going to try to hold off for a while this time around. Maybe a year or so after release. I'll probably get the next Nintendo too. The next Xbox will probably be a pass because it seems like I can buy all of that shit on my PC. I'd rather spend the money upgrading that.
I have nothing against PC gaming, this is directed at consoles. I don't mind game pass. It's the charging people to play their games online bullshit.

Even Sony is having less and less original exclusives. If you look at all their games on the PS3 compared to this gen, it's weak.

There was ONE Rockstar game this whole gen for fucks sake

Enjoy this last gen boy's because it's going all subscription services after this.

We will see how Google Stadia does and the new Apple gaming machine.

VR is a gimmick just like Kinect, Move etc imo. A bunch of shovelware titles. Tell me a must play game made for it.

Nintendo?!? Somehow they have conned the masses into buying 10 year old games at full price so you can play them on a little screen. That system literally has one game in Mario Odyessy and a bunch of ports. Even Zelda was a Wii U game.

Sorry, don't mean to be the Rasho of video games here but it's really pathetic imo.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

After the PS5 gen, it will be interesting how they do the subscriptions. With so many game companies going under and only the turds like EA left etc.. They can't wait to have this model.

Not only will you pay for a subscription to play the games, you will then pay another one to play them online.

They are not going to be able to charge hundreds of dollars a month for subs so I'm guessing gaming will go the way of Netflix. A bunch of horrible shovel ware and once and a blue moon a really good game will be released.

People will eat it up with the whole "I only pay 25.00 a month" for the excuse of the hot garbage that's put on there.

Netflix is mostly filled with B movies and old sitcoms and once and awhile you get something good. That's how I forsee this going.

Very few game companies anymore care about making something good and original. It's about sucking every last dollar out of the user.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Abe Froman wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:25 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:30 pm

Yes, lots of disappointing trends, but it's not all bad either. Look at a lot of Sony's exclusives, and the beginning stages of VR gaming. Even subscription services don't have to be bad. Xbox game pass is one hell of a good value right now. Sony would be smart to copy that with their next system versus the way they are doing it now. Also, consoles like the switch, or x-over laptop tablets like my surface pro that enable me to play games I didn't even believe possible for a portable system 5 years ago are out and fucking awesome if you spend any decent chunks of time away from home... Even Steam, which isn't anything new, is awesome to have right now. Last weekend I was able to find Lord's of the Realm II for $1.01. I loved that fucking game in 1994! I can play it again, trouble free, on my surface pro. And it even works with the touch screen. That's awesome.

In short, I hate the pay to play bullshit and I absolutely hate the unfinished games thing. But, don't give up on gaming because of it. Instead, show them with your dollars that you don't like it, and literally go on their sites to complain.

Regarding the hardware... I will buy the PS5, but I'm going to try to hold off for a while this time around. Maybe a year or so after release. I'll probably get the next Nintendo too. The next Xbox will probably be a pass because it seems like I can buy all of that shit on my PC. I'd rather spend the money upgrading that.
I have nothing against PC gaming, this is directed at consoles. I don't mind game pass. It's the charging people to play their games online bullshit.

Even Sony is having less and less original exclusives. If you look at all their games on the PS3 compared to this gen, it's weak.

There was ONE Rockstar game this whole gen for fucks sake

Enjoy this last gen boy's because it's going all subscription services after this.

We will see how Google Stadia does and the new Apple gaming machine.

VR is a gimmick just like Kinect, Move etc imo. A bunch of shovelware titles. Tell me a must play game made for it.

Nintendo?!? Somehow they have conned the masses into buying 10 year old games at full price so you can play them on a little screen. That system literally has one game in Mario Odyessy and a bunch of ports. Even Zelda was a Wii U game.

Sorry, don't mean to be the Rasho of video games here but it's really pathetic imo.
I don't mind any company remastering an porting old games to new systems, especially to a portable system. I do think it's shitty that Nintendo hasn't worked harder to reattain 3rd party developers and released more new games of substance. I'd like to see a good Metroid, kid Icarus, etc...

I don't think VR is a fad or a gimmick. I think it feels that way now because the cost to get in on it is still more than people will she'll out and it's in it's infancy. VR is the gaming dream I had since childhood. To turn my head in an environment and see as though I was there has too much potential to disappear. It just needs time and fine tuning.

I don't fault Rockstar much. The are one company that continually releases an amazing groundbreaking product that is polished and works well from the day it was released on. That takes time, and I'm willing to wait. Quality over quantity.

Sony's exclusives might be fewer, but the do seem to be better. I'm good with that.
No, what VR needs is a can't miss out on title but they will never make one for it because exactly like you said, not enough people have it.

I'm not denying VR isn't cool but tell me a great game on it. That's supposed to be the whole point.

Developers are not going to spend cash on a big triple A game for it with such a small install base. That's why there is basically a bunch of demos and 2 hour games for it.

Have you seen the prices for VR? They are practically giving them away at this point.

Kinect and Move were the future too. They spent hours on E3 stage telling us this was the future and people said the same "It just needs more time" those actually sold a lot more than VR too and before you knew it, it went in to a box of worthless junk as they found something else for you to spend money on.

They will be on to a new gimmick by the time they have VR figured out. It's been going on in gaming since the beginning of time.

Just google "Is VR dead" companies, consumerd etc are already pulling out of it.

There is a reason a software giant like Microsoft isn't even planning a release.

Everyone I knew who bought one played it for about a week and never used it again.
Last edited by RubeTube on Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Douglas Bubbletrousers
***Official Gibby Award Winner - March 2018, June 2019***

Post by Douglas Bubbletrousers »

Yeah everything is moving to "_______ as a service" rather than everyone having their own. It's definitely an annoying trend for people who like tinkering and popping the top off their electronics. There's definitely a disgusting lopsided loss of control for the consumer.
I don't give a fig for the simplicity on this side of complexity, but I would die for the simplicity on the other side of complexity.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Douglas Bubbletrousers wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:34 pm

Yeah everything is moving to "_______ as a service" rather than everyone having their own. It's definitely an annoying trend for people who like tinkering and popping the top off their electronics. There's definitely a disgusting lopsided loss of control for the consumer.
How about giving us another Fight Night, Doug?

They won't anymore because boxing isn't popular enough. EA better hurry up and pump out another shit ass Star Wars game with a 60 dollar map pack pass.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Some of you should mix in some indies along with the major titles. Cheap, tons of.innovation and fun. These big publishers are becoming less and less risk averse so they want less new IPs and more and more sequels.

How many fucking Assassins Creeds can you possibly make Ubisoft?
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Abe Froman wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:56 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:30 pm
Abe Froman wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:25 pm

I don't mind any company remastering an porting old games to new systems, especially to a portable system. I do think it's shitty that Nintendo hasn't worked harder to reattain 3rd party developers and released more new games of substance. I'd like to see a good Metroid, kid Icarus, etc...

I don't think VR is a fad or a gimmick. I think it feels that way now because the cost to get in on it is still more than people will she'll out and it's in it's infancy. VR is the gaming dream I had since childhood. To turn my head in an environment and see as though I was there has too much potential to disappear. It just needs time and fine tuning.

I don't fault Rockstar much. The are one company that continually releases an amazing groundbreaking product that is polished and works well from the day it was released on. That takes time, and I'm willing to wait. Quality over quantity.

Sony's exclusives might be fewer, but the do seem to be better. I'm good with that.
No, what VR needs is a can't miss out on title but they will never make one for it because exactly like you said, not enough people have it.

I'm not denying VR isn't cool but tell me a great game on it. That's supposed to be the whole point.

Developers are not going to spend cash on a big triple A game for it with such a small install base. That's why there is basically a bunch of demos and 2 hour games for it.

Have you seen the prices for VR? They are practically giving them away at this point.

Kinect and Move were the future too. They spent hours on E3 stage telling us this was the future and people said the same "It just needs more time" those actually sold a lot more than VR too and before you knew it, it went in to a box of worthless junk as they found something else for you to spend money on.

They will be on to a new gimmick by the time they have VR figured out. It's been going on in gaming since the beginning of time.

Just google "Is VR dead" companies, consumerd etc are already pulling out of it.

There is a reason a software giant like Microsoft isn't even planning a release.

Everyone I knew who bought one played it for about a week and never used it again.
The current gen isn't going to find success with VR but the next might. And, if Sony would like to "give" me a VR set up, I'm willing to take one. They were still "not giving them away" and they were still "not cheap" about 3 weeks ago when I checked at Walmart.

The Resident Evil was supposed to be very good for VR, as is Skyrim. I believe there are some driving games that are good too. If I paid money for a VR system, it would be for PC though. It's not as limiting. So if you need to make some tweaks to the hardware to get it to run better you can. That said, I'll totally take a free PSVR. Where are they giving them away at again. Maybe I'll just buy one when they go on clearance.
They have been had at 150.00 quite regularly with some Gran Turismo game. The PC ones started at 600 bucks or something and have already hit about 300 dollars.

PC is even worse for it. There is more power but literally no one is making anything on it for PC.

At least Playstation supports it. I will give them that.

Kinect etc was just as much. People don't wont to sit around in a fucking helmet.

It's the same with the whole 3D shit they tried to push laast gen. Who wants to sit around in sunglasses and watch their tv.
Last edited by RubeTube on Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Abe Froman wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:58 pm Kinect and Move were never the future and anyone who gave a shit knew it. That was Sony and Microsoft trying to make good on a panic investment while the Wii kicked their ass. Once that fad died they were left with a ton invested and nothing to show so they forced it out.
Microsoft Made you buy a kinect at launch. There was no kinect less Xbox package. An enormous blunder for them.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

YBBR wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:02 pm
Abe Froman wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:58 pm Kinect and Move were never the future and anyone who gave a shit knew it. That was Sony and Microsoft trying to make good on a panic investment while the Wii kicked their ass. Once that fad died they were left with a ton invested and nothing to show so they forced it out.
Microsoft Made you buy a kinect at launch. There was no kinect less Xbox package. An enormous blunder for them.
Kinect came out in 2010 on Xbox 360. They didn't make you buy one until the release of the Bone.

Everyone who already wasted their money on it knew it was worthless by then.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:04 pm
Kinect came out in 2010 on Xbox 360. They didn't make you buy one until the release of the Bone.

That's what I mean. They packaged the new kinect with the console launch. A worse decision was never made.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Kinect also set a Guinness world record of 10 million sold in its launch period.

I think Sony has said they have sold 2-3 mlion VR headsets this whole gen lol.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

YBBR wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:06 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:04 pm

That's what I mean. They packaged the new kinect with the console launch. A worse decision was never made.
Correct. That shit is garbage.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

YBBR wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:00 pm Some of you should mix in some indies along with the major titles. Cheap, tons of.innovation and fun. These big publishers are becoming less and less risk averse so they want less new IPs and more and more sequels.

I really only play indies. Some first party Sony games like Detroit, Yakuza etc.

Rockstar is the only third party developer I dig anymore.

Ubisoft is pure trash. How about another Far Cry too!
Last edited by RubeTube on Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

In any case, the next few years and beyond will shape gaming for maybe the next 25 years. It's going to get wild out there.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:08 pm
YBBR wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:00 pm Some of you should mix in some indies along with the major titles. Cheap, tons of.innovation and fun. These big publishers are becoming less and less risk averse so they want less new IPs and more and more sequels.

I really only play indies. Some first party Sony games like Detroit, Yakuza etc.

I thought you sold all your consoles?
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

YBBR wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:09 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:08 pm

I thought you sold all your consoles?
I did. I'm just saying what I played up until now. There really isn't much left for this gen.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

There will be some surprises e.g. indie hits. I'm looking forward to Suckerpunch's Ghost of Tsushima for a major title.

It's been a slow year thus far though.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

YBBR wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:08 pm In any case, the next few years and beyond will shape gaming for maybe the next 25 years. It's going to get wild out there.
Sorry, we already know what next gen is going to be. It's going to be the same shit as now with better lighting, more enemies on screen and higher resolution.

These systems are no longer developed like they were. Unique builds that were designed by Sony etc..

It's just computer parts off the shelf. I understand why it's this way as it saves a ton of money. They are not going to develop the CELL etc anymore.

You can buy a PS5 right now if.you want in a PC.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

YBBR wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:13 pm There will be some surprises e.g. indie hits. I'm looking forward to Suckerpunch's Ghost of Tsushima for a major title.

I really want to play Shenmue 3.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:14 pm
YBBR wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:08 pm In any case, the next few years and beyond will shape gaming for maybe the next 25 years. It's going to get wild out there.
Sorry, we already know what next gen is going to be. It's going to be the same shit as now with better lighting, more enemies on screen and higher resolution.

These systems are no longer developed like they were. Unique builds that were designed by Sony etc..

It's just computer parts off the shelf. I understand why it's this way as it saves a ton of money. They are not going to develop the CELL etc anymore.

I'm talking about the business between games and what happens to Sony, Microsoft, Google. Apple. Not what in the box. How they choose to implement and push forward the medium of games. And what the players latch until and decide to support.

That's what will be interesting. Totally at a crossroads moment.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:16 pm
YBBR wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:13 pm There will be some surprises e.g. indie hits. I'm looking forward to Suckerpunch's Ghost of Tsushima for a major title.

I really want to play Shenmue 3.
That saddens me to.no end.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

YBBR wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:17 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:14 pm

I'm talking about the business between games and what happens to Sony, Microsoft, Google. Apple. Not what in the box. How they choose to implement and push forward the medium of games. And what the players latch until and decide to support.

That's what will be interesting. Totally at a crossroads moment.
Yes. It looks like Apple's might be more mobile games or something.

Google could be a major player.

Sony just needs to make sure they have the infrastructure for all of this. It's the one thing they are behind in when it comes to Microsoft, Google etc. If they can that taken care of, they should be the go to. There won't be who has the most powerful hardware etc anymore. It's going to come down to who has the best game catalog more than ever and Sony has that.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Douglas Bubbletrousers
***Official Gibby Award Winner - March 2018, June 2019***

Post by Douglas Bubbletrousers »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:49 pm
Douglas Bubbletrousers wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:34 pm

How about giving us another Fight Night, Doug?

They won't anymore because boxing isn't popular enough. EA better hurry up and pump out another shit ass Star Wars game with a 60 dollar map pack pass.
Haha yeah that would be cool to have a new boxing game with current fighters
I don't give a fig for the simplicity on this side of complexity, but I would die for the simplicity on the other side of complexity.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Regarding the hardware... I will buy the PS5, but I'm going to try to hold off for a while this time around.
Maybe a year or so after release. I'll probably get the next Nintendo too. The next Xbox will probably be a pass because it seems like I can buy all of that shit on my PC. I'd rather spend the money upgrading that.

Yeaaaah right. We don't believe you.

:lol: :beer:
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.