Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Recommend some PC games for me!

Video game themed message board
LordNu

Re: Recommend some PC games for me!

Post by LordNu »

The Shadow of Mordor and Shadow of War games are pretty decent.

Rimworld is pretty hilarious, I think it's right up your alley.

Witcher 3..
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Abe Froman wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:13 am
LordNu wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:12 am The Shadow of Mordor and Shadow of War games are pretty decent.

Rimworld is pretty hilarious, I think it's right up your alley.

Witcher 3..
I'll check out Rimworld. I already own the other 3 on XB1x or PS4 pro...
But you never played it! (Witcher 3)
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Abe Froman wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:08 am I got my PC working tonight, still waiting on the monitors and the wireless keyboard and mouse, but they are coming tomorrow. I was looking through steam tonight, and realized almost every game I'm interested in at first glance I already own for a console. Currently this is my PC catalogue:

RE2 Remake
Devil May Cry 5
Division 2 (preordered)

^^^These came with the puter.

Civ: Beyond Earth
The Elder Scrolls Anthology
Black & White 2 - doesn't work yet
Spore - doesn't work yet
And a bunch of even older games that I'm almost certain will not work.

I need a game that can test my system so I can see what I bought!!! But, mostly I just want some fun PC games. Mostly I bought this to play the modded versions of my favorite TES games, fallout games, and some others that I never got a chance to get into that were PC only like the Crysis series. But I'm not a huge nut for fps games.. Idk, throw out some ideas for me!!!
Lots of indie games. There isn't really any AAA games anymore that are PC only to push your rig.

The Half Life series is always a good one. Games like Stalker and System Shock are really good. These are very old games though that you could play on a toaster. Think really really good PS2 graphics. There are probably mods though.

GTA 5 is a must own on PC imo. Lots of mods and a great.one to test benchmarks.

You should always be playing in 1080p on that rig unless it's some older title or non demanding indie game.

It's all about customizing to at least having 60fps without any drops.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

All of the total war games, specifically:
Rome 2
Attila
Napoleon
Empire

My favorite PC series of all time.

They all have a Warhammer Fantasy version but I'm not a huge fan. You should be able to run them on max settings.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Abe Froman wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:24 am
LordNu wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:16 am This is back:

https://www.gog.com/game/diablo
Is StarCraft 2 any good?
I need to try it. I loved the original - which has been remastered.

There are too many games these days, and ones that last over 100 hours. Assassin's creed origins is keeping me really busy. Even Super Smash Bros Ultimate's adventure mode is long.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Abe Froman wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:35 pm
LordNu wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:25 pm
Abe Froman wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:24 am

Is StarCraft 2 any good?
I need to try it. I loved the original - which has been remastered.

There are too many games these days, and ones that last over 100 hours. Assassin's creed origins is keeping me really busy. Even Super Smash Bros Ultimate's adventure mode is long.
I just got all the shit I bought set up. This is fucking incredible. I haven't even used the ultra wide screen yet. I've just been staring at it. It's crazy! The other monitor has a faster refresh rate, so I started with that one. For shits and giggles I hooked up a tiny tv that I used in the kitchen years ago as a 3rd monitor and then have an HDMI cable running off to my 65" tv as a 4th monitor. Next I might split the out to my 65" to my projector and 50" tv. "Why" you might ask? Because I can. :mrgreen:
Pic or never happened.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

So the big televisions have better input/lag or whatever we call it for gaming now? Remember we discussed this a year ago as to what the best size televisions were for gaming?
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Abe Froman wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:53 pm Btw, Enderal is good. I'm just starting it, but I think I already like the vibe better than Skyrim. Creepy feel to it.
That's the mod yeah? I downloaded it but couldn't get it to work a year or so ago.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Abe Froman wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:12 pm
LordNu wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:54 pm
Abe Froman wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:53 pm Btw, Enderal is good. I'm just starting it, but I think I already like the vibe better than Skyrim. Creepy feel to it.
That's the mod yeah? I downloaded it but couldn't get it to work a year or so ago.
It's free on Steam if you have Skyrim. It's less a mod and more of a new game. The creators took Skyrim's Assets and created their own game with them. Check it out. It worked perfect for me going through Steam.
Oh sweet! I originally downloaded it from their website and it didn't work for me.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

LordNu wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:29 am So the big televisions have better input/lag or whatever we call it for gaming now? Remember we discussed this a year ago as to what the best size televisions were for gaming?
The size of the tv has no barring on input lag. It all comes down to make and model.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Abe Froman wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:36 pm I broke down and bought fallout New Vegas for my PC today. I've been doing this all wrong for my entire life... This looks so much better than the enhanced XB1x version. I mean that version looks way better than the original on the 360, but this is just amazing how much better it looks.
Yes. There is virtually no reason to own a Xbox with a PC.

PS4 edclusives are about the only games you can't play.

Banzi!
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:04 pm
Abe Froman wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:36 pm I broke down and bought fallout New Vegas for my PC today. I've been doing this all wrong for my entire life... This looks so much better than the enhanced XB1x version. I mean that version looks way better than the original on the 360, but this is just amazing how much better it looks.
Yes. There is virtually no reason to own a Xbox with a PC.

PS4 edclusives are about the only games you can't play.

Banzi!
Therefore PS4 > XBOX ONE
ILLogic

Post by ILLogic »

Rocket League
Civ 6
Dark Souls 2
Dark Souls 3
Apex Legends
Hollow Knight
Dead Cells
Diablo 3
Overwatch
ive spent the last few years building up an immunity to iocane powder
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

I am 45 years old, never played with dual joysticks in my life, have never owned an Xbox or PS.

I beat ds1, 2, 3 and bloodborne. Once you learn it, you will get through it. Plus if you get stuck, you can summon a npc to help.

Start with ds1, skip ds2 as with the dlcs is a long ass game. Go back to it later if you want.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Maybe you should do ds3 first, then bloodborne, then head back to ds1. Ds1 will chew you up and spit you out. Ds1 and bloodborne are their best, ds3 might be the most accessible.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Moses Scurry wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:12 pm I am 45 years old, never played with dual joysticks in my life, have never owned an Xbox or PS.

I beat ds1, 2, 3 and bloodborne. Once you learn it, you will get through it. Plus if you get stuck, you can summon a npc to help.

Start with ds1, skip ds2 as with the dlcs is a long ass game. Go back to it later if you want.
You see the bit the other day about the guy who beat all 5 Dark Souls games without taking a single hit?

#BaltimoreStrong
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Mandatory wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:59 pm
Moses Scurry wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:12 pm I am 45 years old, never played with dual joysticks in my life, have never owned an Xbox or PS.

You see the bit the other day about the guy who beat all 5 Dark Souls games without taking a single hit?
I know happy hob did ds 1,2,3. Haven't seen any about those plus demon souls and bloodborne. That is absurd. I wonder how many restarts it took.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Moses Scurry wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:29 am
Mandatory wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:59 pm

I know happy hob did ds 1,2,3. Haven't seen any about those plus demon souls and bloodborne. That is absurd. I wonder how many restarts it took.
It's him, happy hob. He did all 5.

http://www.twitch.tv/videos/398519965

#BaltimoreStrong
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Xcom 2 Enemy Within
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."