Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

The Power of Nerds

Video game themed message board
Moses Scurry

The Power of Nerds

Post by Moses Scurry »

Back in the salad days of 1999, I was at Best Buy and bought a MMO called Asheron's Call, one of the founding MMO fathers along with Everquest and Ultima Online. The game had full monthly updates from 1999 to 2014 and soaked up a lot of my free time.

WB bought Turbine and the AC IP and proceeded to close it down in 2017 because it wasn't making enough money. The Turbine devs planned to make it open source and give the game to the players but WB said no once it was purchased. WB is the devil.

Anyway, somehow the nerds who play this game have captured the game data before it was shut down and have rebuilt the game. It's not complete but they slowly are getting to it as time allows.

I'm amazed at some of these guys can do.

Doubt anyone ever even heard of the game, but if one of you did play, it lives if you're interested.