Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Far Cry, New Dawn

Video game themed message board
Tommy_Hawk

Re: Far Cry, New Dawn

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Maybe. I still haven't played the last two. I probably won't play Primal; FC5 looks good though.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Abe Froman wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:30 pm Primal was fair. It has some fun parts, but it got boring to me after a while.
FC4 felt exactly the same as 3 (which I looooved) but with assassins at the camps. Primal reminded me of that. Maybe ND is the same with 5, but different levels.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Loved 3.
4 was great but the same as 3 with a few upgrades.
Wanted to get into Primal but never got around to it. Doesn't sound like I missed much.
I need to buy 5 because the cult thing looks super cool.

My question is: Is 5 just the same damn thing we've been doing over and over? I'll get it even if it is but want to know.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

ZzZzZ How many more of these can they put out?!? Ubisoft is another company I wont touch.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Herky

Post by Herky »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:54 am ZzZzZ How many more of these can they put out?!? Ubisoft is another company I wont touch.
Not a fan of the Assassins Creed games?
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Herky wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:57 am
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:54 am ZzZzZ How many more of these can they put out?!? Ubisoft is another company I wont touch.
Not a fan of the Assassins Creed games?
Not at all.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

Far Cry 5 and AC Odyssey are both great games. Hoping Ubisoft is figuring crap out. I bought New Dawn but have not played yet.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
salamander

Post by salamander »

Mandatory wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:22 pm Far Cry 5 and AC Odyssey are both great games. Hoping Ubisoft is figuring crap out. I bought New Dawn but have not played yet.
How's AC Origins? That's the AC I'm on. I usually get about two AC games and pound through them 2 at a time.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

salamander wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:14 pm
Mandatory wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:22 pm Far Cry 5 and AC Odyssey are both great games. Hoping Ubisoft is figuring crap out. I bought New Dawn but have not played yet.
How's AC Origins? That's the AC I'm on. I usually get about two AC games and pound through them 2 at a time.
It was excellent. Everything that was perfected in Odyssey was started in Origins. I thought Bayek was an excellent protagonist. Great story and the combat overhaul was nice. Ancient Egypt was amazing.

#BaltimoreStrong
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Is it better than Black Flag? I liked that, but I kind of like the pirate thing so that helped.
Let's get Tropical
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

jffl_commish wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:18 pm Is it better than Black Flag? I liked that, but I kind of like the pirate thing so that helped.
I think so. If you liked Black Flag you should check out Odyssey. The sea plays a big part, you have a ship, etc...

#BaltimoreStrong
salamander

Post by salamander »

Mandatory wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:19 pm
It was excellent. Everything that was perfected in Odyssey was started in Origins. I thought Bayek was an excellent protagonist. Great story and the combat overhaul was nice. Ancient Egypt was amazing.
Very happy to hear this. Because when I hear "overhaul" it tends to suck donkey balls.
I was never a huge fan of the combat in the first place. It was cool, it just never was great.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

AC Odyssey is on sale at newegg.com for $18
Let's get Tropical
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

salamander wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:22 pm

Very happy to hear this. Because when I hear "overhaul" it tends to suck donkey balls.
I was never a huge fan of the combat in the first place. It was cool, it just never was great.
I dont think they made combat harder but the did expand beyond mashing square x and circle. A welcome change I believe.

#BaltimoreStrong
salamander

Post by salamander »

Mandatory wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:53 pm
salamander wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:22 pm

I dont think they made combat harder but the did expand beyond mashing square x and circle. A welcome change I believe.
For sure.