Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

GTA5

Video game themed message board
mankatobjr

GTA5

Post by mankatobjr »

I don't play video games.. but I bought my 9 year old GTA5 because he wanted it.. good or bad? Is he too young for it?He's not hooked up to play online really and a little violence and swearing can't hurt. Anyone have kids that play it?
"Jobber's all over the board. Sometimes level-headed, sometimes out of this world. It's fun and scary all at the same time." CDM24 (And he is 100% right)

They call me Jobber... I have learn to not only accept it, but embrace it.
mankatobjr

Re: GTA5

Post by mankatobjr »

Abe Froman wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:33 pm How do you feel about animated boobies, shooting people in the face, sodomy humor, and littering? Cause that's the first half hour.
Littering? god dam it. I don;t think he'd understand sodomy... and boobies.. well he's 9. got to learn sometime.. but littering. I didn't want him to see that.
"Jobber's all over the board. Sometimes level-headed, sometimes out of this world. It's fun and scary all at the same time." CDM24 (And he is 100% right)

mankatobjr

Post by mankatobjr »

Abe Froman wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:07 pm
mankatobjr wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:37 pm
Abe Froman wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:33 pm How do you feel about animated boobies, shooting people in the face, sodomy humor, and littering? Cause that's the first half hour.
Littering? god dam it. I don;t think he'd understand sodomy... and boobies.. well he's 9. got to learn sometime.. but littering. I didn't want him to see that.
I don't think there's actually littering in the game.
thank god

mankatobjr

Post by mankatobjr »

Abe Froman wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:30 pm Oh, and I'd recommend you have a gentleman's agreement with him that his mother is to never ever, under no circumstances, find out he owns the game or what it's all about.
he told her the next day... after I told him not too.. I already got yelled at and played dumb.

Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

Tell the kid that if he goes to the titty bar, to make goddamn sure that his mom isn't even in the same zip code
mankatobjr

Post by mankatobjr »

Cobey wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:41 pm Tell the kid that if he goes to the titty bar, to make goddamn sure that his mom isn't even in the same zip code
She doesn't live with me.. so she will be in same zip code but across town atleast

Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

mankatobjr wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:52 pm
Cobey wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:41 pm Tell the kid that if he goes to the titty bar, to make goddamn sure that his mom isn't even in the same zip code
She doesn't live with me.. so she will be in same zip code but across town atleast
Regardless. Moms seem to find the worst time to walk in the room for these kinds of things. Whether it be you assassinating an innocent person in cold blood or getting a double lap dance with pretty realistic titties monopolizing the screen, moms seem to find a way to walk in exactly when you don't want them to, regardless of the locale.
mankatobjr

Post by mankatobjr »

Cobey wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:55 pm
mankatobjr wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:52 pm
Regardless. Moms seem to find the worst time to walk in the room for these kinds of things. Whether it be you assassinating an innocent person in cold blood or getting a double lap dance with pretty realistic titties monopolizing the screen, moms seem to find a way to walk in exactly when you don't want them to, regardless of the locale.
Well she can't divorce me twice

jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Just make sure you teach him to rob the hookers after he bangs them. That'll save him a lot of money.
Let's get Tropical
Vulcan Vidiot

Post by Vulcan Vidiot »

mankatobjr wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:00 am I don't play video games.. but I bought my 9 year old GTA5 because he wanted it.. good or bad? Is he too young for it?He's not hooked up to play online really and a little violence and swearing can't hurt. Anyone have kids that play it?
First time you meet Trevor he is high on meth fucking a chick from behind. A biker that you played as in the GTA4 DLC is the chicks boyfriend. He freaks out while you talk him down with your pants down. You talk calmly to the biker, walk him outside, and curb stomp him. All with no pants on.

Needless to say, I turn off any GTA game if any youth are around. The language is terrible as well. Trevor also rapes a teddy bear and shits all-over a dude's apartment. ALL OVER.

Great game!
:thumbsup:
I have the unique privilege of having my avatar bestowed upon me by The Great and Powerful Abe.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

I am planning to buy a ps4 and gta5 will be the first game.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:36 pm I am planning to buy a ps4 and gta5 will be the first game.
How do you not have a PS4?
"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Decker23 wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:45 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:36 pm I am planning to buy a ps4 and gta5 will be the first game.
How do you not have a PS4?
I had a 360 for several years.. then I started having kids. Got busy, watched a lot of tv shows now I'm ready to get back to gaming.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
salamander

Post by salamander »

GTA5 is a weird game for me. I absolutely loved that game but was also extremely disappointed in it.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

salamander wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:28 am
GTA5 is a weird game for me. I absolutely loved that game but was also extremely disappointed in it.
Explain.
salamander

Post by salamander »

HeHateMe wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:30 am
Explain.
Everything I did (other than the submarine mission) was fun as hell. The controls weren't great but I was fine with that because they weren't terrible like GTA4. I finished the game and was left with a feeling of "That's it?" I almost felt like this was a test game for future GTA games.

I don't give two shits about online so maybe that's why I came away feeling like this game was unfinished.

Maybe a good way of explaining it is by using the Mount Chilliad mystery as an example. The setup was amazing but the climax left me thinking, "that's it"? This game is amazing at setting up a great game but when all is said and done the execution of the game was ho hum.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

salamander wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:11 am
HeHateMe wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:30 am

Explain.
Everything I did (other than the submarine mission) was fun as hell. The controls weren't great but I was fine with that because they weren't terrible like GTA4. I finished the game and was left with a feeling of "That's it?" I almost felt like this was a test game for future GTA games.

I don't give two shits about online so maybe that's why I came away feeling like this game was unfinished.

Maybe a good way of explaining it is by using the Mount Chilliad mystery as an example. The setup was amazing but the climax left me thinking, "that's it"? This game is amazing at setting up a great game but when all is said and done the execution of the game was ho hum.
probably because they focused so much on having such a huge open-world for online play, that they weren't that concerned about missions.
My body, my choice.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

I've enjoyed it so far. Sometimes it's like ok I've done a lot of these same types of missions over the years from playing gta3, gta4, vice city, etc but it's still been fun. Just got the third guy now so three different perspectives, that is new. I enjoyed the mission of stealing the jewels. Also, I've liked the concept of not re-starting a mission at the beginning if you fail during it.
salamander

Post by salamander »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:06 pm I've enjoyed it so far. Sometimes it's like ok I've done a lot of these same types of missions over the years from playing gta3, gta4, vice city, etc but it's still been fun. Just got the third guy now so three different perspectives, that is new. I enjoyed the mission of stealing the jewels. Also, I've liked the concept of not re-starting a mission at the beginning if you fail during it.
Don't get me wrong it's fun as he'll. Just wanted more.
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

Abe Froman wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:26 pm What do you feel is missing?
I miss being able to rob gas stations, liquor stores or fast food restaurants like you could in older games. Although I've never been short on cash, guns or ammunition in the game either, so I guess it's unnecessary.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Abe Froman wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:26 pm More? I mean they obviously will continue to include more and more in GTA games, it's sort of their thing, but short of real life, I'm not sure how much more you really can expect them to include in these games?
Abe Froman wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:26 pm What do you feel is missing?
That's kind of the thing. It's hard for me to put my finger on it. I definitely think they could've added a ton more heists to the game.
Other than that I don't know. Just felt incomplete to me. I don't really know why.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Abe Froman wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:24 pm Also, I'd like to see the environments become more destructible. I mean, when you are barreling down a city street going over 100 mph and then you lose control causing your car to fly into a building only to be stopped dead in your tracks by a window? Yeah... probably not realistic.
That would be pretty awesome. I always like destructible environments.
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

Do you think blowing up Mark Zuckerberg with a bomb placed inside of an iPhone would have any lasting impact on him?
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong