Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Super Mario Bros U Deluxe

Video game themed message board
Rusty Kuntz

Super Mario Bros U Deluxe

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

Just got it on the switch and so far it's fantastic! Reminds me a little of Mario 3 combined with Mario 64. Classic side scrolling game. I love Mario :beer:
LordNu

Re: Super Mario Bros U Deluxe

Post by LordNu »

You loved Mario Odyssey too yeah? Right now I am cranking through Super Smash Bros, trying to get all the characters.
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

LordNu wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:54 pm You loved Mario Odyssey too yeah? Right now I am cranking through Super Smash Bros, trying to get all the characters.
I did! Great game. I pretty much love anything Mario.. Kart, Party, and now this! :beer:
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

Froman, you get this game yet? It reminds me so much of Mario 3. So much fun. :beer:
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

Abe Froman wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:35 pm
Rusty Kuntz wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:26 am Froman, you get this game yet? It reminds me so much of Mario 3. So much fun. :beer:
I bought it several years ago for Wii U. I have the super mario Luigi Bros version. Pretty sure it's the same game.
This game comes with super Luigi bros as well. I haven't checked it out yet, but will let you know if there is a difference :beer:
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

Rusty Kuntz wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:26 pm
Rusty Kuntz wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:26 am Froman, you get this game yet? It reminds me so much of Mario 3. So much fun. :beer:
I bought it several years ago for Wii U. I have the super mario Luigi Bros version. Pretty sure it's the same game.
This game comes with super Luigi bros as well. I haven't checked it out yet, but will let you know if there is a difference :beer:
Yeah it's the same, just with Luigi instead of Mario, and you can jump a little higher..
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Abe Froman wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:22 am

Yeah, I can switch to Mario if I want it's just the Luigi cover.
I was looking at it yesterday, trying to understand how they can claim it comes with "two" games. The Luigi one is meant to be much more difficult.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Abe Froman wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:50 pm
LordNu wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:46 pm
I was looking at it yesterday, trying to understand how they can claim it comes with "two" games. The Luigi one is meant to be much more difficult.
That might explain why I quit playing it. I'll have to play as Mario and see if that helps.
That Luigi, always making trouble
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

LordNu wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:46 pm

It is more difficult. Luigi jumps higher and slides around a bit. On the Mario version you can pick to play as Luigi, but on the Luigi version you can't pick to play as Mario.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

The Luigi one is was tougher. Plus the levels are timed. It's a completely different game with skill level.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master