Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

What games did you get for Christmas?

Video game themed message board
Herky

What games did you get for Christmas?

Post by Herky »

Got the new God Of War on PS4 as a gift. Used a Amazon gift card my brother gave me to get Assassins Creed Odyssey, Doom, and Red Dead Redemption 2 for the Xbox One.
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Re: What games did you get for Christmas?

Post by Mandatory »

I bought myself the Fallout 76 XBOX ONE X Bundle along with Forza Horizon 4, Just Cause 4, Hitman 2 and Madden 19.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
salamander

Post by salamander »

Herky wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:21 am Got the new God Of War on PS4 as a gift. Used a Amazon gift card my brother gave me to get Assassins Creed Odyssey, Doom, and Red Dead Redemption 2 for the Xbox One.
Nice. Stick with God Of War for awhile. I really didn't like it at first but it gets significantly better when you come back to your house the 2nd time around to get a certain thing.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
salamander

Post by salamander »

I got Red Dead Redemtion 2 and Valkyrie Chronicles remastered.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

The gift card I got from work went to getting the new God of War. It's okay, the controls still mess me up, doesn't seem the same as the last ones. I'm stuck now trying to take down that rock creature with an axe to the chest.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Nobody wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:58 am The gift card I got from work went to getting the new God of War. It's okay, the controls still mess me up, doesn't seem the same as the last ones. I'm stuck now trying to take down that rock creature with an axe to the chest.
Give it time. Specifically, until you come back to your house to grab a certain upgrade. (You'll now what it is when you see it) I did not like the game for awhile but once you get past the way too long beginning parts it gets significantly better.

The fighting is so dull in the beginning. As is the game itself.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

salamander wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:59 pm
Nobody wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:58 am The gift card I got from work went to getting the new God of War. It's okay, the controls still mess me up, doesn't seem the same as the last ones. I'm stuck now trying to take down that rock creature with an axe to the chest.
Give it time. Specifically, until you come back to your house to grab a certain upgrade. (You'll now what it is when you see it) I did not like the game for awhile but once you get past the way too long beginning parts it gets significantly better.

Will the upgrade allow me to roll because I can't roll right now and I relied on that heavily with the previous GOW versions.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Yeah you can roll. You get a ton of shit in the combat toolbelt as you get out into the open world.

The interpersonal character relations is what make that games story work. Especially between Atreyus and Kratos and Atreyus' dead mother. The main overarching story is fine.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
salamander

Post by salamander »

Nobody wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:10 pm
salamander wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:59 pm

Will the upgrade allow me to roll because I can't roll right now and I relied on that heavily with the previous GOW versions.
I think you'll get that ability earlier than that but I'm not sure because I remember just having this "ah ha" moment where I realized I could fight more chaotically (like the older games). I'm not sure exactly where they pulled the restraints off compared to where I realized the restraints had been taken off. When you start realizing that you can fight balls out is when the game immediately starts getting better.

I think they chose this because they want you to feel like Kratos is just getting back into the swing of things but instead it makes for extremely clunky and boring gameplay.