Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Free PC Games

Video game themed message board
LordNu

Free PC Games

Post by LordNu »

If you are part of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race, then you are in a very fortunate position at present: many new selling platforms are popping up, when is putting pressure on older platforms (such as Steam) to up their game (pun intended).

One of the main benefits for us as gamers is whilst they are jokeying for positions in the market share, they are offering many free games and deals at present.

I thought we may as well share what free games are out at present and on what selling platforms as there are quite a few at the moment.

Today, Steam has a game called Geneshift for free till the 19th, whilst the new Epic store has Subnautica for free for two weeks.

Any of you guys got any more that you know of?
YBBR

Re: Free PC Games

Post by YBBR »

LordNu wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:28 pm If you are part of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race, then you are in a very fortunate position at present: many new selling platforms are popping up, when is putting pressure on older platforms (such as Steam) to up their game (pun intended).

One of the main benefits for us as gamers is whilst they are jokeying for positions in the market share, they are offering many free games and deals at present.

I thought we may as well share what free games are out at present and on what selling platforms as there are quite a few at the moment.

Today, Steam has a game called Geneshift for free till the 19th, whilst the new Epic store has Subnautica for free for two weeks.

Subnautica is pretty cool. Recommended for sure. The Epic store will release a free game every 2 weeks for its first year I heard on the bombcast. So there you go. 26 titles for free.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

YBBR wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:37 pm
LordNu wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:28 pm If you are part of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race, then you are in a very fortunate position at present: many new selling platforms are popping up, when is putting pressure on older platforms (such as Steam) to up their game (pun intended).

Subnautica is pretty cool. Recommended for sure. The Epic store will release a free game every 2 weeks for its first year I heard on the bombcast. So there you go. 26 titles for free.
We need to keep on top of this. I am sure I will forget otherwise.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Sins of a solar empire: Rebellion free on Steam for short time.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Anno: 1602 is for free for a few days. Here is the link: https://register.ubisoft.com/anno-1602-giveaway/en-GB
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Humble store - https://www.humblebundle.com/ - has Lego Lord of the Rings for free for a day or so.
shatminster fuller

Post by shatminster fuller »

Are there any of these that you can play on a vanilla, office-type laptop? I'd like to check them out, but I'm not going to put down $1K for a gaming system, since I've already got the PS4. I've just got an old Dell office laptop without a graphics card. Is it even worthwhile checking out? If not, I guess the question would be: if you were looking to get a laptop PC for this, and looking for an entry level system, how much would you have to plan on spending at a minimum? Any recommended systems?
Salut les Terriens!
La culture domine tout, elle est la condition sine qua non de notre civilisation…
bri

Post by bri »

shatminster fuller wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:18 am Are there any of these that you can play on a vanilla, office-type laptop? I'd like to check them out, but I'm not going to put down $1K for a gaming system, since I've already got the PS4. I've just got an old Dell office laptop without a graphics card. Is it even worthwhile checking out? If not, I guess the question would be: if you were looking to get a laptop PC for this, and looking for an entry level system, how much would you have to plan on spending at a minimum? Any recommended systems?
There are some old classic games you can play. Depends on which integrated card it has. But I wouldn't get a laptop for gaming. Desktops will be much better if you're on a budget.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

A "story about my uncle" free on Humble Bundle. Not sure what it is, but its free.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Just a reminder, Epic store continue to have free games to download every week. Kingdom Come: Deliverance will be swapped very soon for the next weeks games which includes Assassin's Creed Syndicate.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Abe Froman wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:45 pm
LordNu wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:28 pm Just a reminder, Epic store continue to have free games to download every week. Kingdom Come: Deliverance will be swapped very soon for the next weeks games which includes Assassin's Creed Syndicate.
Is kingdom come deliverance a lot better on the PC than it is on xbox? It's a fun game, but really slow moving. I don't think u have another playthrough in me if it isn't incredibly better in one way or another...
No idea, but I suspect the same.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Abe Froman wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:57 am
LordNu wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:57 pm
Abe Froman wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:45 pm

Is kingdom come deliverance a lot better on the PC than it is on xbox? It's a fun game, but really slow moving. I don't think u have another playthrough in me if it isn't incredibly better in one way or another...
No idea, but I suspect the same.
If I remember right it's one of the xbox games that are enhanced for xb1x, so if there is a graphical difference, it's probably not real significant. I think I'll hold off on getting it again and just try and play through the rest of it on my Xbox.

Thanks for the heads up though. I haven't been playing a lot of games recently, but I always forget to check the epic store. Seems like I just autopilot to steam and forget there are other decent options out there...
Want me to remind you weekly?
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Abe Froman wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:35 pmYep
:thumbsup:
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Inner Space today.