Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

BLACK FRIDAY VIDEO GAME EXTRAVAGANZA!!!

Video game themed message board
jffl_commish

Re: BLACK FRIDAY VIDEO GAME EXTRAVAGANZA!!!

Post by jffl_commish »

How is Far Cry 5?
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Abe Froman wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:38 am This year I picked up:

NBA 2k19 - $30
Madden 19 - $30
Monster Hunter World - $29.99 (digital deluxe edition)
Titanfall 2 - $6
Far Cry 5 - $40 (ultimate edition)
Nier Automata - $29.99

and... I'll probably get Persona 5 for $19.99, but I just overlooked that one last night when I was downloading.

This is my favorite time of the year to go nuts with games. You save a shit load of money on fairly new titles. After Persona 5, I'll have spent about just under $200 on 7 highly rated games that I know I'll be playing over the next 6 months. I would have spent about $450 on them if I bought them when they all came out! Great deals!!!

Next, 65" 4k hdr TCL TV with Roku, and I think I'm picking up a new couch. My wife and I are just in the process of arguing about which one to get...

I love Black Friday!!! Especially now when you don't have to leave your couch to get this shit. I might go to Walmart on Friday to get the TV, but that's just because I want it now. I could just order it like the everything else.
Complete STUD! :thumbsup:
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Abe Froman wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:56 pm
jffl_commish wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:23 pm How is Far Cry 5?
It's supposed to be excellent, but I haven't played it yet. Last night before I crasshed I had both my Xbox and PS4 downloading, and it said it would be another hour and a half... I just said fuck it. I'll try it out today while I wait for Walmart's official black friday to kick off online. I'm still debating whether to order my TV and wait, or just bit the bullet and get it when my wife is with on the way home from Thanksgiving. She might kill me... I'll probably just order it.
When does wal mart online start?
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

These prices are to USD centric. Please list global prices :/
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

NBA 2k19 - $30
Madden 19 - $30
Titanfall 2 - $6
Nier Automata - $29.99

and... I'll probably get Persona 5 for $19.99, but I just overlooked that one last night when I was downloading.

This is my favorite time of the year to go nuts with games. You save a shit load of money on fairly new titles. After Persona 5, I'll have spent about just under $200 on 7 highly rated games that I know I'll be playing over the next 6 months. I would have spent about $450 on them if I bought them when they all came out! Great deals!!!

Next, 65" 4k hdr TCL TV with Roku, and I think I'm picking up a new couch. My wife and I are just in the process of arguing about which one to get...

I love Black Friday!!! Especially now when you don't have to leave your couch to get this shit. I might go to Walmart on Friday to get the TV, but that's just because I want it now. I could just order it like the everything else.
You scoop the tv?
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Abe Froman wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:12 am
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:09 am

NBA 2k19 - $30
Madden 19 - $30
Titanfall 2 - $6
Nier Automata - $29.99

You scoop the tv?
Nope, not yet... I managed to pick the one I
"In Store Only" tv in the entire flyer... I guess I'll show up around 6 tomorrow to see if there is still one there. If not, oh well. My 55" is great, but if I wait, I can save a little more up. Then maybe go out and get a really tits tv this spring. :shrug:
It's available right now on best buy page. Hurry though if you want to get it. I thnk you can get free delivery too.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tcl-65-cla ... 68462e0INT
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Vulcan Vidiot

Post by Vulcan Vidiot »

Great game, if you like the previous versions. The crafting component is gone, but there is still hunting and fishing involved. 1st time the game isn't placed in a foreign land, buy Montana is used well to create a fun locale.

9/10

Bonus: Far Cry 3 is free with the season pass, and has been enhanced visually. Best game in the series, and it's just a free DLC for the game
I have the unique privilege of having my avatar bestowed upon me by The Great and Powerful Abe.
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

I picked up Fifa 19 for $30. Great game :beer:
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Abe Froman wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:13 am
LordNu wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:18 pm These prices are to USD centric. Please list global prices :/
700,000 yellow beads.
:lol:

That was a good one :thumbsup:
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

Abe Froman wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:56 pm
It's supposed to be excellent, but I haven't played it yet. Last night before I crasshed I had both my Xbox and PS4 downloading, and it said it would be another hour and a half... I just said fuck it. I'll try it out today while I wait for Walmart's official black friday to kick off online. I'm still debating whether to order my TV and wait, or just bit the bullet and get it when my wife is with on the way home from Thanksgiving. She might kill me... I'll probably just order it.
Far cry 5 was excellent.. very fun and great setting.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Vulcan Vidiot wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:53 am
Great game, if you like the previous versions. The crafting component is gone, but there is still hunting and fishing involved. 1st time the game isn't placed in a foreign land, buy Montana is used well to create a fun locale.

9/10

Bonus: Far Cry 3 is free with the season pass, and has been enhanced visually. Best game in the series, and it's just a free DLC for the game
:thumbsup:

#BaltimoreStrong
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

PSN gave me a 15 dollar credit.. nice!

Thinking about picking up NBA2K19 or spider man. I'm just worried I wont ever play them even though I know they're great games.

#BaltimoreStrong
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

I purchased the Xbox One with NBA 2k and $50 gift card for $229. It's my first Xbox since the original.

I also picked up Evil Within 2 for $15, Shadow of the Tomb Raider for $27, and Fallout 4 GOTY Version for $25.

Plan on using my gift card for the new Red Dead game.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Straight Bf studs in here.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Jimi_Thing wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:01 pm I purchased the Xbox One with NBA 2k and $50 gift card for $229. It's my first Xbox since the original.

I also picked up Evil Within 2 for $15, Shadow of the Tomb Raider for $27, and Fallout 4 GOTY Version for $25.

Where did you get the Xbox deal?
My body, my choice.
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:44 am
Jimi_Thing wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:01 pm I purchased the Xbox One with NBA 2k and $50 gift card for $229. It's my first Xbox since the original.

GameStop. Goes through today I believe.

They also have the same deal with the new Battlefield game but I'm not an online gamer so I went with NBA 2k.

The games I listed above were new games. I didn't see any special deals on used games.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Jimi_Thing wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:06 am
LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:44 am

GameStop. Goes through today I believe.

They also have the same deal with the new Battlefield game but I'm not an online gamer so I went with NBA 2k.

The games I listed above were new games. I didn't see any special deals on used games.
I'll have a check it out. I keep wanting an Xbox for Forza. That would get me into an Xbox fairly cheap then. Thanks.
My body, my choice.
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

Abe Froman wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:21 pm

Get the original RDR game too if you don't already have it. The new one is a prequel, and trust me, you are going to want to keep playing when you are done with rdr2
I just played it on my PS3 actually.

Today I picked up FarCry 5 for $25 and RDR for full price at GameStop.

It's gonna take me forever to get through all the games I just bought.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

God of War and Assassins Creed Origins. I don't get enough time to play everything.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Rusty Kuntz wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:49 am I picked up Fifa 19 for $30. Great game :beer:
See I have 17 and am wondering if it is worth getting a new one again. It didn't have great reviews, as it is just updated rosters from what I gather.
Herky

Post by Herky »

I bought 2 games off the Microsoft store on Black Friday. Dishonored 2 and Wolfenstein II. Both were under $20.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Herky wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:43 am I bought 2 games off the Microsoft store on Black Friday. Dishonored 2 and Wolfenstein II. Both were under $20.
Played Wolfenstein II earlier this year, was a wild ride. Very good game.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

On Steam I bought for about $80 total:

Jurassic Park Evolution
Cities Skylines
Frost Punk
Sudden Strike 4
Sins of a Solar Empire

#BaltimoreStrong
Herky

Post by Herky »

YBBR wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:02 am
Herky wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:43 am I bought 2 games off the Microsoft store on Black Friday. Dishonored 2 and Wolfenstein II. Both were under $20.
I loved the first one.
Herky

Post by Herky »

Abe Froman wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:51 pm
Herky wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:52 am
YBBR wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:02 am

I loved the first one.
Both are pretty good. Doom is fun too. That's more my style of FPS. Games like COD or Battlefield are fun, but I just lose interest too quickly to spend $60 on them.
I've got Doom on my Christmas list, along with God Of War 4, and Assassin's Creed Odyssey.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Abe Froman wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:57 pm I thought I was all done with my weekend expenditures but yesterday I wondered into Gamestop while my wife went to some store I have no interest in, and to my delight I found a Wii U Pro controller that was mispriced to $22.99. Normally they are still charging $40. It might still sound like a dumb purchase that I didn't really need considering the Wii U is defunct, but I've been trying to find a second Pro controller on the cheap so the wife and I could play Mariokart together. Also, because I bought this cool little add-on called the Magic NS switch that allows me to use my Wii U Pro controller with the Switch, PS4, XB1, and PC. So, it's still useful with my current consoles going forward if I need a spare controller. :shrug: Gotta add that to my crazy list for the long weekend of spending. Great deal for a really good controller!
Was there a Wii U only Zelda game? Or was Skyward Sword the only one released on it?
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Abe Froman wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:57 pm I thought I was all done with my weekend expenditures but yesterday I wondered into Gamestop while my wife went to some store I have no interest in, and to my delight I found a Wii U Pro controller that was mispriced to $22.99. Normally they are still charging $40. It might still sound like a dumb purchase that I didn't really need considering the Wii U is defunct, but I've been trying to find a second Pro controller on the cheap so the wife and I could play Mariokart together. Also, because I bought this cool little add-on called the Magic NS switch that allows me to use my Wii U Pro controller with the Switch, PS4, XB1, and PC. So, it's still useful with my current consoles going forward if I need a spare controller. :shrug: Gotta add that to my crazy list for the long weekend of spending. Great deal for a really good controller!
You're right, it was a stupid purchase.

#BaltimoreStrong
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Doom played better than Wolfenstein II but the setting and story and characters blew Doom's out of the water.

Which is why I prefer it to Doom.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

I liked the Evil Within 2. That was a solid game, and usually survival horror drops the story and amps up some bullshit, but I thought the Evil Within 2 did a good job with that aspect.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Abe Froman wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:23 pm A stupid, but happy mistake...

So I bought this giant tv and the box says 4k hdr, but my Xbox one x kept telling my it wouldn't do hdr10... My ps4 pro said it did her, but nothing about hdr10, no clue if there is a difference. Anyway, tonight before trying rdr2 online I decided to look into this... So apparently I've been all impressed by my two new 4k TV's and haven't even yet been taking full advantage of the hdr10 stuff... I just figured out what I needed to do, probably should read the directions once in a while... Looks more smooth, but I'm not totally sure if it's just me thinking that or if it actually is. I guess the only real way to know would be a side by side comparison. :shrug:
WTF is hrd10? I can't keep up with all these technological advancements. Just give me a CRT television, she'll be right mate.