Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Hitman 2

Video game themed message board
YBBR

Hitman 2

Post by YBBR »

Pretty great so far. More slapstick murder madness. Thanks IO!
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
salamander

Re: Hitman 2

Post by salamander »

Fucking love Hitman.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

The last two Hitman's are so damn good. The replayability is off the charts going back in the great maps and knocking off all the different challenges and getting up to obscene shenanigans. The custom missions by the community and elusive targets are just so cool too.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Abe Froman wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:19 am I've never actually played a hitman game. I don't know why, but they just never really looked good to me. I see there's one on Xbox Game Pass right now that I'll probably give a try. I'm kinda pissed at myself. I signed up for the free month of gamepass, and forgot to cancel it, now I keep finding games to download and play. It's actually not a bad deal. Forza Horizon 4 came out on Gamepass and that game is brand new. I guess that game alone paid for about 6 months of game pass. I might have to rethink and check out the PS4 version.
There is an underlying tone of absurdness that plays throughout the Hitman games that makes it work so much better than you would think. Dressing up as a mascot flamingo who's going to blackmail someone and then kicking your target down an elevator shaft is pretty okay. Pretty okay.
Simpson Get Lifted

Post by Simpson Get Lifted »

salamander wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:29 pm Fucking love Hitman.
Me too. Couldn't get enough of it back in the day.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Simpson Get Lifted wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:41 am
salamander wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:29 pm Fucking love Hitman.
Me too. Couldn't get enough of it back in the day.
It's everything perfect about sneaking games all wrapped up into one absurd, crazy and extremely fun game.
I love just standing there, watching people and trying to find the path.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

I'd like to check it out.. two quick questions.. what's the price and is it as janky as the online gameplay looks?
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

60 bucks. It's a game kind of about operation and messing with mechanics and systems. It's a clockwork game.

It's like okay my target is on this route and I know he drinks a swig of tea here. I'll dress up as a waiter, poison the tea with emetic rat posion, he'll run to bathroom and puke and I'll be there and drown him in the toilet. No witnesses, dump the body in the laundry hamper and I'm good.

They have a bunch really cool mission stories and opportunities too. They have specially designed. Going back and killing targets in so many different ways is what makes these games awesome. And they reward you and keep track of them with unlockable items and such.

One of your targets in the first map, Miami is a race car driver. You can dress up as a member of the pit crew and sabotage the car or you can poison the celebratory millk f they win the race or mess with the drop feed fluids they get from the medical staff after the race. Just loads of fun ways to murder people.

The game does it with a wink and a smile too. Just knowing it's ridiculous but really fun.

Also in the first map there's a prototype military robot that can identify targets with pictures and I dress up and infiltrate the facility as an army general looking to maybe commission these robots, find a picture of my target, feed that to the AI robot and it guns down my target in a test setting. Just great shit.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Also as a bonus they incorporate the first Hitman's maps into this one with the new mechanics. Picture in picture kills etc... and those maps are so great. And its rad to have both games under the same hood.
Simpson Get Lifted

It's my understanding that the devs are hoping this makes money or they're going out of business. So, the plan was to release it episodically, because they didn't have the money to release the full game with all of the frills.

There was a backlash from fans about the episodic release, so they released the full game, but weren't able to perfect some of the details. I guess the fans got what they wanted. So yeah, it's kinda janky, and the graphics aren't perfect, but it's still a Hitman game. Hopefully people support it, and it makes money, because it's a great series. One of my favorites, along with Splinter Cell.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Played the first one, was great except that jungle mission was fricken impossible, I had to cheat to get by it.

That was a great year, Hitman and Deus Ex came out.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Simpson Get Lifted wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:18 pm It's my understanding that the devs are hoping this makes money or they're going out of business. So, the plan was to release it episodically, because they didn't have the money to release the full game with all of the frills.

There was a backlash from fans about the episodic release, so they released the full game, but weren't able to perfect some of the details. I guess the fans got what they wanted. So yeah, it's kinda janky, and the graphics aren't perfect, but it's still a Hitman game. Hopefully people support it, and it makes money, because it's a great series. One of my favorites, along with Splinter Cell.
Square dropped IO after the first one because it wasnt successful enough for them. That was episodic and the plan was to release the next maps as a second season.

IO scrambled and now they are independent again and got Hitman rights back. Huge blessing. Warner Bros. Published this. Put it out as a full game. I don't think they're in any financial trouble being independent again. And fans have generally thought these are the two best Hitman games. And they really are.

Square fucked up big by dropping these devs and pushing complete horseshit like the quiet man recently. Much success to IO. Hoping for great things.
Simpson Get Lifted

YBBR wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:02 am
Simpson Get Lifted wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:18 pm It's my understanding that the devs are hoping this makes money or they're going out of business. So, the plan was to release it episodically, because they didn't have the money to release the full game with all of the frills.

Square dropped IO after the first one because it wasnt successful enough for them. That was episodic and the plan was to release the next maps as a second season.

IO scrambled and now they are independent again and got Hitman rights back. Huge blessing. Warner Bros. Published this. Put it out as a full game. I don't think they're in any financial trouble being independent again. And fans have generally thought these are the two best Hitman games. And they really are.

Square fucked up big by dropping these devs and pushing complete horseshit like the quiet man recently. Much success to IO. Hoping for great things.
Ah, good to know. I was listening to CohhCarnage on twitch explain the issue, but clearly wasn't paying enough attention to detail. Glad someone picked up the ball and we can continue to see where the series goes.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Saw it on PS Store on sale for $30. Highly recommend if you're interested in it.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Abe Froman wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:54 pm
YBBR wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:40 pm Saw it on PS Store on sale for $30. Highly recommend if you're interested in it.
I might have to check it out. I just finished RDR2 and RDR1, and I can already tell that I'll be able to get through undead nightmare in short order so, I'm going to need to find a different game to occupy my time with. I bought a bunch on Black Friday but other than Titanfall 2 and the sports games, they're all long ass RPGs. I love them, but I can only really play them in the weekend.
Abe, it might be time to get up to some murdering.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Finally loaded this up last weekend. I haven't had a lot of time to play but I've loved every minute of it. Any tips I absolutely need to know? I'm currently playing through the tutorials.

#BaltimoreStrong
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Mandatory wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:22 pm Finally loaded this up last weekend. I haven't had a lot of time to play but I've loved every minute of it. Any tips I absolutely need to know? I'm currently playing through the tutorials.
The chef in the kitchen has been knocked out so many times in the agency tutorial he has these huge bandages on his head.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

My only.piece of real advice is never use guns. Guns are for suckers. Every other tool or item can be used in a more effective and silent method than a gun.
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

YBBR wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:23 pm
Mandatory wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:22 pm Finally loaded this up last weekend. I haven't had a lot of time to play but I've loved every minute of it. Any tips I absolutely need to know? I'm currently playing through the tutorials.
The chef in the kitchen has been knocked out so many times in the agency tutorial he has these huge bandages on his head.
That's why they have insurance! :lol:

#BaltimoreStrong
salamander

Post by salamander »

I remember the old games you had a cache-house you could choose your load-out before the level.
(What you wanted to bring, etc.) I always loved that part. Did they bring that back or not?
It's not a huge deal just something I enjoyed because you could play the level differently depending what you chose to bring.

These games are still some of the most under appreciated games every IMO. (More so now that before.)