Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Skyrim Remastered

Video game themed message board
Herky

Skyrim Remastered

Post by Herky »

Didn't see a threat about this and even though it's nothing new, the remastered edition is awesome. I have it on PC and PS4 and have modded both up recently and am having a blast. My wife likes to PC game so I took the top 30 mods off the Nexus community board and loaded them up and it looks fantastic. You have to be careful with load order when you get that high or your game will crash but if you mess around with it you can get a fun and fresh experience even if you played the regular version.

PS4 is a bit vanilla when it comes to the mods but you can still tweak the game and make it fun. Can't do anything with the graphics but they have some mods that are cool. Load order reorders itself so you don't have to mess with that. They have Creation Club on consoles where you can buy some mods made by Bethesda. I've heard Xbox One has better mods because on that system it was easier to mod the source code, but we bought it on PS4 when it came out.
Herky

Re: Skyrim Remastered

Post by Herky »

NPC's can fuck up the game. I downloaded one for PC and after some troubleshooting after getting crashed I found out that was the culprit.
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

Just started a new save over the weekend. It's been probably close to 3 years since I really dived into this so while I know the game well it's feeling fresh enough. I haven't played since the creation club was implemented so I spent probably $60 buying all the content. Redownloaded some choice mods.. having a lot of fun.

I've always wanted to go a thief/archer/magic/alchemy route but I just always pick Nord and hack/slash my way through.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
Herky

Post by Herky »

Mandatory wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:01 am Just started a new save over the weekend. It's been probably close to 3 years since I really dived into this so while I know the game well it's feeling fresh enough. I haven't played since the creation club was implemented so I spent probably $60 buying all the content. Redownloaded some choice mods.. having a lot of fun.

I've always wanted to go a thief/archer/magic/alchemy route but I just always pick Nord and hack/slash my way through.
Console or PC?
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

Herky wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:26 am
Mandatory wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:01 am Just started a new save over the weekend. It's been probably close to 3 years since I really dived into this so while I know the game well it's feeling fresh enough. I haven't played since the creation club was implemented so I spent probably $60 buying all the content. Redownloaded some choice mods.. having a lot of fun.

Console or PC?
Console.. I've always preferred RPGs and games like this on console.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
Herky

Post by Herky »

Mandatory wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:29 am
Herky wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:26 am

Console or PC?
Console.. I've always preferred RPGs and games like this on console.
Me too, I have the Remastered version on console and PC but I prefer console too. I know you can hook your PC up to your TV and sit on the couch but my PC needs updating and I don't feel like doing that now. I have around 30 mods loaded on my PC version of Skyrim and it can barely handle it. My wife uses the PC for gaming more than I do and the games she plays runs fine on it.
BuDG123

Post by BuDG123 »

Playing an archer build on PSVR is interesting- cool aiming mechanics. Played this through in 2011 on Xbox, had the demon horse, ghost assassin, dog, bone wielding warrior party set up, maxed all the magic skills, etc - is fun to revisit on PSVR