Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Fallout 76

Video game themed message board
Tommy_Hawk

Re: Fallout 76

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

jffl_commish wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:33 pm I got that one done finally. Now I'm on to building the excavator power armor. I just need to find enough black titanium now.
Mole Miners amd Junkyard Gorge Workshop ;)
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Yeah, I've gotten most from the mole miners. I got a few from the deathclaw that you helped me with. I'll have to go find that workshop.
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

jffl_commish wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:38 am Yeah, I've gotten most from the mole miners. I got a few from the deathclaw that you helped me with. I'll have to go find that workshop.
East of Vault 76.

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Heads-up, there's another update. So if you're planning on playing anytime soon, fire your machine up and let it do it's thing with the download while you do other things.
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Is anyone still playing this?

I have 3 main missions that I'm stuck on. All stupid agility test ones that I suck at, and I'm basically stuck in the story since those are the only 3 main missions I have available.
Let's get Tropical
Herky

Post by Herky »

Who here plays on Xbox? I might pick this up now that there are updates and the price has dropped. Just want to make sure I have a good group to play with.
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

Herky wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 11:27 am Who here plays on Xbox? I might pick this up now that there are updates and the price has dropped. Just want to make sure I have a good group to play with.
I've had it on XBOX for about 5 months now but never loaded it up past the main menu..
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Herky wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 11:27 am Who here plays on Xbox? I might pick this up now that there are updates and the price has dropped. Just want to make sure I have a good group to play with.
I don't have an XBox. Does that help?
Let's get Tropical
Herky

Post by Herky »

jffl_commish wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 1:45 pm
I don't have an XBox. Does that help?
Yes
salamander

Post by salamander »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:30 pm
salamander wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:45 pm This game sucks unless you have people to play with.
How come?
I don't know, I just got bored of it except when I played with other online gamer "friends".
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Busy working, so play a little on weekends. Just downloaded the latest patch tonight. Player-vending machines added, so basically you are able to sell your loot if its decent w/o having to walk up to people or subscribe to forums and do it from there. Just put your loot in your machine and people can come purchase it whenever or vice versa.

Also, there is a Legendary Vendor coming, when you can buy stufd from them.

Lots of other tweaks happened now. This game just keeps getting better and better. Free updates every two weeks!

I stopped doing mission stuff for now. I dont want to complete the main stoey cuz I wont be interested in it anymore, even with all the new content addes.

Tommy_Hawk 2.0

Post by Tommy_Hawk 2.0 »

NPC's are BACK!

This game just keeps getting better.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Nice. Maybe it's time to fire the ole game up again. It's been awhile.
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk 2.0

Post by Tommy_Hawk 2.0 »

jffl_commish wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:13 am Nice. Maybe it's time to fire the ole game up again. It's been awhile.
No kidding. I've been so busy that I've hardly played since March. Plus, I stopped playing the main storyline around Harper's Ferry, because I didn't want to run out of content and lose interest in the game. Looks like there will be plenty to do when I have more time now. Awesome
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Tommy! Whats with the 2.0?

#BaltimoreStrong
Tommy_Hawk 2.0

Post by Tommy_Hawk 2.0 »

Mandatory wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:20 am Tommy! Whats with the 2.0?
My phone broke while I was working in WY a few weeks ago. I got a new phone and couldn't log in/remember password, so after requesting a new password (many times, thanks Abe :roll: ) which never came, I finally just made a new email and username.

I always thought the idea of being a Voyeur was sexy; it's not. All I wanted to do was 'jump in' on the action but wasn't able to. Through this ordeal I was able to learn something new about myself, so that's worth something. Thanks Froob Chat!
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Tommy_Hawk 2.0 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:29 pm
Mandatory wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:20 am Tommy! Whats with the 2.0?
My phone broke while I was working in WY a few weeks ago. I got a new phone and couldn't log in/remember password, so after requesting a new password (many times, thanks Abe :roll: ) which never came, I finally just made a new email and username.

I always thought the idea of being a Voyeur was sexy; it's not. All I wanted to do was 'jump in' on the action but wasn't able to. Through this ordeal I was able to learn something new about myself, so that's worth something. Thanks Froob Chat!
Not many of us can recognize that opportunity for introspection much less seize it. You're and example that any rational froob would do well to follow. It's great to have you back.

:beer:

#BaltimoreStrong
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I finally fired this up again last night, got all of the updates done, etc., then played for 5 minutes. What cool new things should I be looking for? Is doing your own store thing anything to get excited about?
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Abe Froman wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:46 pm
Mandatory wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:34 pm
Tommy_Hawk 2.0 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:29 pm

Not many of us can recognize that opportunity for introspection much less seize it. You're and example that any rational froob would do well to follow. It's great to have you back.

:beer:
It's all lies. Probably just another Doug bit.
:finger:

Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

:?

#BaltimoreStrong
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Oh great! Bethesda just announced a 100.00 a year subscription with features locked behind a pay wall for this shitty game! Hooray!!

Not only did they release a half baked turd of a game that you need a online sub to play from either Sony or Microsoft but now they add this!

Boy, gaming is great nowadays!
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Abe Froman wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:48 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:13 pm Oh great! Bethesda just announced a 100.00 a year subscription with features locked behind a pay wall for this shitty game! Hooray!!

Not only did they release a half baked turd of a game that you need a online sub to play from either Sony or Microsoft but now they add this!

It doesn't look AS BAD as I thought, but still... Bethesda should be kissing ass that this game is even still on anyone's radar after the way they released it. I actually liked it. Not as much as any other Bethesda Fallout title, but it was alright. But that was after it was fixed, and I bought it cheap.

This pay wall is just for a access to a server that is limited to 8 players so it runs better, and only one of the 8 needs to have the premium membership. Then they give some exclusive stuff and some in game money to buy shit. :shrug: It doesn't mean I can't still play for the cost of the game. I guess I don't care as much about it knowing that.

I'm guessing they will fix this, and I'm guessing that most people aren't going to have the patience to make this happen, but check this glitch out if you want to do have a "private" server.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
Well I did say "For features locked behind a pay wall" Obviously you can still play the game but it's just another way to nickel and dime gamers. Why not just give these offerings to people for free?

At the very least make it a paid DLC pack for 20.00 bucks or something along those lines.

People say "No big deal" but this will be the trend in another 5 years. This coming gen will be the last gen with physical software and not ran on a Netflix style plan.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Abe Froman wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:23 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:56 pm

It doesn't look AS BAD as I thought, but still... Bethesda should be kissing ass that this game is even still on anyone's radar after the way they released it. I actually liked it. Not as much as any other Bethesda Fallout title, but it was alright. But that was after it was fixed, and I bought it cheap.

This pay wall is just for a access to a server that is limited to 8 players so it runs better, and only one of the 8 needs to have the premium membership. Then they give some exclusive stuff and some in game money to buy shit. :shrug: It doesn't mean I can't still play for the cost of the game. I guess I don't care as much about it knowing that.

I'm guessing they will fix this, and I'm guessing that most people aren't going to have the patience to make this happen, but check this glitch out if you want to do have a "private" server.

Well I did say "For features locked behind a pay wall" Obviously you can still play the game but it's just another way to nickel and dime gamers. Why not just give these offerings to people for free?

At the very least make it a paid DLC pack for 20.00 bucks or something along those lines.

People say "No big deal" but this will be the trend in another 5 years. This coming gen will be the last gen with physical software and not ran on a Netflix style plan.
So far, I'm not disappointed with what I've gotten out of game pass. I don't think the Netflix streaming service idea for games would be terrible. Their market is still kids. That keeps it affordable. In theory.
I think you will start to see some really horribe games on a monthly service though. It's going to give the gaming companies a reason to mail it in.

It's like Netflix, 90% of the movies on there are shit no one wants to really watch and they give you just enough to say "For 10 bucks it's a steal"

Same thing will happen with games imo. They are getting so expensive make. You will probably get one big AAA blockbuster quarterly on a service like that and a bunch of shit.

I guess we will see but I think it's going to be the end of gaming how we once knew it.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Abe Froman wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:43 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:28 pm
Abe Froman wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:23 pm

So far, I'm not disappointed with what I've gotten out of game pass. I don't think the Netflix streaming service idea for games would be terrible. Their market is still kids. That keeps it affordable. In theory.
I think you will start to see some really horribe games on a monthly service though. It's going to give the gaming companies a reason to mail it in.

It's like Netflix, 90% of the movies on there are shit no one wants to really watch and they give you just enough to say "For 10 bucks it's a steal"

Same thing will happen with games imo. They are getting so expensive make. You will probably get one big AAA blockbuster quarterly on a service like that and a bunch of shit.

I guess we will see but I think it's going to be the end of gaming how we once knew it.
Change is bound to happen, no real stopping it. Being rural like I am, digital media has its benefits. I still buy as much in physical form as I do digitally, but when ma and I are not planning a trip to the big city, it's nice to still get to play the game I wanted when I want.
You don't have a Wal-Mart or Gamestop? I like digital personally. Just not for a sub service unless it's like xbox game pass which lets you download the full game and play.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Abe Froman wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:58 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:49 pm
Abe Froman wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:43 pm
Change is bound to happen, no real stopping it. Being rural like I am, digital media has its benefits. I still buy as much in physical form as I do digitally, but when ma and I are not planning a trip to the big city, it's nice to still get to play the game I wanted when I want.
You don't have a Wal-Mart or Gamestop? I like digital personally. Just not for a sub service unless it's like xbox game pass which lets you download the full game and play.
Walmart, but games do NOT get brought in regularly for whatever reason. For example, they just got the switch remake of Zelda: Links Awakening last week.
Wow! Only 26 years later! IALTO
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:13 pm Oh great! Bethesda just announced a 100.00 a year subscription with features locked behind a pay wall for this shitty game! Hooray!!

Good game. Needed more content, though. If you are releasing an exclusively online game, it better be twice as long as a offline game. I haven't beaten it yet, but I havent really played anything other than Borderlands 3 for a weekend since March. That will soon change again, and hopefully FO76 has more shit, so I dont beat the game and never play it again after that.

jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I think I've played this for maybe 10 minutes in the last 3 months. Never got through the story. I suck at those race/timed events, so I haven't gotten past those. Especially that army one with the balance beams and shit.
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

jffl_commish wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:18 am I think I've played this for maybe 10 minutes in the last 3 months. Never got through the story. I suck at those race/timed events, so I haven't gotten past those. Especially that army one with the balance beams and shit.
Awesome!

We'll have to fuck up some scorched and deathclaws together again in a few weeks.

:thumbsup:

Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Abe Froman wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:56 pm
Abe Froman wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:42 am
Tommy_Hawk wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:46 pm

Good game. Needed more content, though. If you are releasing an exclusively online game, it better be twice as long as a offline game. I haven't beaten it yet, but I havent really played anything other than Borderlands 3 for a weekend since March. That will soon change again, and hopefully FO76 has more shit, so I dont beat the game and never play it again after that.
I think the Wastelanders DLC release is right around the corner. That will make it feel a lot more like a fallout game. Should have been in the game from the start.
Scratch that. Bethesda delayed the Wastelander's DLC until 1st quarter 2020, so... end of the winter I'm assuming. I'd bitch about that too, but honestly, I'm cool with it. I'd rather they delay and get it right than fuck one more thing up in epic fashion. Pretty stupid of them to introduce the subscription premium shit without the anticipated DLC to reduce the harshness though, imo.

I was listening to a podcast about Bethesda's decisions over the past few years, especially this past year. Supposedly, on a couple occasions since 2016 or so they've sold large shares of the company to a big time investor. Zenimax seems to be trying to sell Bethesda while they were "Hot" coming off several successful and profitable Skyrim releases, Fallout 4's release, and several other succesful releases. The only problem is investors who might be interested are more interested in the new model of generating constant capital with micro-transactions than the old way of having a massive influx of money from a title release and then no profit for the next 5 years while they develop the next game.

This explains the rush to release games when they are broken, the annoying micro-transaction shit, the "how could you be so disconnected from your fanbase decisions", and even the constant re-releasing of Skyrim. It was creating constant revenue through each release. Anyway, none of it was Earth shattering or anything that one couldn't simply speculate if they cared think about it, but apparently part of the story was sourced from some leaked former employee email or something like that. :shrug: I guess, whatever... I just think that the blame has probably been a little too unfairly laid upon God Howard and Bethesda's feet, when it really does seem like it should be more on Zenimax and whatever board in that company that makes big financial decisions. My guess is Robert Altman, CEO of Zenimax, doesn't play a lot of games.

Are we just older and as a result the parts in our imaginations that once synced so well with fantastical worlds and characters in video games have now eroded and deteriorated so much to where all we see now is what has been there all along: a transaction?

Or do games just suck more now than they did before?

This inquiry of mine on the current state of gaming is often administered to other facets of my life as well.

Herky

Post by Herky »

They never should have released this game to begin with. Should have just focused all their resources and people on the next Fallout. I had a bad feeling this would be a shit show the second Todd Howard announced it was online play at E3.

Fallout was never mean to be online. Play with a friend online that's cool, but the way they approached this game was stupid. I don't know now the suits at Bethesda didn't get this and kill the idea.

I want Fallout 5 you fucks.