Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Fallout 76

Video game themed message board
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Re: Fallout 76

Post by Mandatory »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:54 pm
Mandatory wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:50 am Bit the bullet and bought it on my PS5. Never played before.. wish me luck.
I hope you like the same game as you would have played with your marked up PS5 that you would have played on PS4.

Can you name me your wow moment on PS5?

Lulz

#Consumers
Weird post. I love my ps5. Couldnt be happier with it. Not sorry it upsets you.

Your obsession with next gen consoles aside, I bought it on ps5 for convenience, because my ps4 is in the basement... you get this irrational about people playing ps3 games on ps4?
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Mandatory wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:28 am
Mandatory wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:50 am Bit the bullet and bought it on my PS5. Never played before.. wish me luck.
I hope you like the same game as you would have played with your marked up PS5 that you would have played on PS4.

Lulz

#Consumers

Your obsession with next gen consoles aside, I bought it on ps5 for convenience, because my ps4 is in the basement... you get this irrational about people playing ps3 games on ps4?
I was just joshin ya dawg.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

Mandatory wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:28 am

Lulz

#Consumers

You gonna get the new Ratchet & Clank? Let me know how it is if you do.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I got the update all done and loaded up, might give this a run again this weekend. Aliens have invaded!
Let's get Tropical
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

So did Bethesda just put a bullet in the head of the Fallout franchise? Are they ever going to have a single player story driven game again?

#BaltimoreStrong
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Mandatory wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:31 pm So did Bethesda just put a bullet in the head of the Fallout franchise? Are they ever going to have a single player story driven game again?
That's a good question. They had quite the goldmine with the Elder Scrolls and Fallout series. Other than this 76 trial, there hasn't been a standalone game for either in what, 6-7 years?
Let's get Tropical
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

jffl_commish wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:54 pm
Mandatory wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:31 pm So did Bethesda just put a bullet in the head of the Fallout franchise? Are they ever going to have a single player story driven game again?
That's a good question. They had quite the goldmine with the Elder Scrolls and Fallout series. Other than this 76 trial, there hasn't been a standalone game for either in what, 6-7 years?
Feels a lot like Rockstar and GTA.

#BaltimoreStrong
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

They have had the core Bethesda studios just working on these huge Elder Scrolls or Fallout games. So those studios have been working on Starfield for whatever these last 5 years or so. That's scheduled to launch in November. Then they plan on developing the next Elder Scrolls after that. Then presumably a potential Fallout after that.

Microsoft has talked to Obsidian about possibly starting development on a New Vegas 2 because they now own both that developer and these Bethesda IPs. Their plate is pretty full though. I think they got 3 projects in the books between a few different teams. Microsoft is definitely intrested in getting a team to start some kind of Fallout branded game. They have a lot of developers under their umbrella so.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Herky

Post by Herky »

jffl_commish wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:54 pm
Starfield is supposed to be their next epic game and it's set for November 2022. Think Skyrim/Fallout in space.

https://bethesda.net/en/game/starfield

Todd Howard said Fallout isn't dead and they will make another single player one at some point. Another single player Elder Scrolls has been in the works for a few years now.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

The Space one could be interesting. Outer World was supposed to be like that and I just couldn't get into that one.
Let's get Tropical
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

jffl_commish wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:54 am The Space one could be interesting. Outer World was supposed to be like that and I just couldn't get into that one.
Yeah. I thought I would like that game more than I did. Felt too cartoony or something.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Jimi_Thing wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:33 pm
jffl_commish wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:54 am The Space one could be interesting. Outer World was supposed to be like that and I just couldn't get into that one.
Yeah. I thought I would like that game more than I did. Felt too cartoony or something.
That's a good way to put it I think. Too much kiddie kind of
Let's get Tropical