Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Fallout 76

Video game themed message board
Herky

Re: Fallout 76

Post by Herky »

Damn that update looks good!
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Some asshole figured out how to dupe a bunch of stuff, including .556 ammo which is pretty much the currency in the game at this point. So, the economy is completely shot. Be wary of any trades you may be looking to do in the near future.
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

jffl_commish wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:21 am Some asshole figured out how to dupe a bunch of stuff, including .556 ammo which is pretty much the currency in the game at this point. So, the economy is completely shot. Be wary of any trades you may be looking to do in the near future.
Really? What a nerd. A new update/game comes out, and the first thing you do is exploit it. I had fun yesterday. Soooo many people playing. It's great. Would recommend.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

The Chinese stealth suit is pretty badass apparently. 100/100 damage resistance with 1000 rad resistance, plus stealth. I believe you get that from the settlers helping them out, prior to opening the vault.
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Oh, and the economy is completely shot because of the duping scandal.
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Abe Froman wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:48 am
Tommy_Hawk wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:22 pm
jffl_commish wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:20 pm

I heard later on today that it'll be available to download around 3 this morning, but not playable until 8. Something like that. Anyway, I have mine setup to hopefully download it tonight as soon as it's released. We'll see how that goes.
What, 70-80 Gigs? That's a fat download. Maybe after I get it on both consoles I can play by Friday!
Holy shit... I might have to buy another external hard drive just to play this damn game...
Dooo it. I dont think its extra. I almost think it redownloaded the game again with extra Gbs, and replaced the original. I was kind of worried about space too, but it worked fine for me.

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Abe Froman wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:07 am
Tommy_Hawk wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:56 am
Abe Froman wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:48 am
Holy shit... I might have to buy another external hard drive just to play this damn game...
Dooo it. I dont think its extra. I almost think it redownloaded the game again with extra Gbs, and replaced the original. I was kind of worried about space too, but it worked fine for me.
So if I don't download the wastlanders dlc can I just play the old version of the game? Lol, I'll be shocked if I can, but I almost want to just preserve that copy of the game forever and ever!
Yes. Of course you may!

jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:35 am
Tommy_Hawk wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:56 am

So if I don't download the wastlanders dlc can I just play the old version of the game? Lol, I'll be shocked if I can, but I almost want to just preserve that copy of the game forever and ever!
Yes. Of course you may!
I don't think you can. I tried playing while I was waiting for the download and it didn't let me.
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

jffl_commish wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:48 am
Tommy_Hawk wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:35 am

Yes. Of course you may!
I don't think you can. I tried playing while I was waiting for the download and it didn't let me.
;)

jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

There's a rumor going around about people being able to buy things out of your stash through your vendors. There's talk on Reddit about it anyway.

Might not be a bad idea to delete your vendors for the time being.

Also, the Chinese stealth suit is amazing. I don't wear armor anymore. Sadly, you can't wear underarmor under it though.
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

jffl_commish wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:39 am There's a rumor going around about people being able to buy things out of your stash through your vendors. There's talk on Reddit about it anyway.

Might not be a bad idea to delete your vendors for the time being.

Also, the Chinese stealth suit is amazing. I don't wear armor anymore. Sadly, you can't wear underarmor under it though.
I wish I could get into wastelanders more before people exploit the shit out of it.

People said the same thing about stealing from storage via vendors only on PC a few months ago. I haven't checked R/FO76 in awhile, but I will when I get some free time.

salamander

Post by salamander »

jffl_commish wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:46 pm
salamander wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:15 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:13 pm Oh great! Bethesda just announced a 100.00 a year subscription with features locked behind a pay wall for this shitty game! Hooray!!

Not only did they release a half baked turd of a game that you need a online sub to play from either Sony or Microsoft but now they add this!

Boy, gaming is great nowadays!
I sure love where gaming is going. You need to pay for internet. Then you need to pay to use your internet on your console that you paid for.
Now, you have to pay again to play your game you paid for, on your console that you bought and pay a fee on to use internet that you pay for.

I'm done with Bethesda and any other developers that even attempt to go this route. Paying twice (internet and to use said paid for internet on a console you paid for) is almost enough drive me up a wall. Thanks Microsuck.

I will never buy another Bethesda game again.
It's kind of how we get taxed on everything. Taxed for making money, taxed for spending that money that we were already taxed on............
Yup. Its crazy.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Just remember, every time you eat, "iguana bits" you're actually eating human.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Abe Froman wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 3:05 pm Think I'll try this around 10pm tonight if the whine line is quiet. I was gonna start playing this morning, but I had to deal with a call for about 4 hours last night and every time I stopped moving my eyelids got awfully heavy today...
Have you played since Wastelanders came out?
Let's get Tropical
Herky

Post by Herky »

salamander wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 1:11 pm Just remember, every time you eat, "iguana bits" you're actually eating human.
I listens to Oxhorn’s breakdown of that. Glad I always sold that stuff in The previous Fallout games.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Enjoy. It's pretty solid. Lots to do for it. Lots of cool stuff to get. The Chinese stealth armor is insane.
Let's get Tropical
salamander

Post by salamander »

Herky wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 7:58 pm
salamander wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 1:11 pm Just remember, every time you eat, "iguana bits" you're actually eating human.
I listens to Oxhorn’s breakdown of that. Glad I always sold that stuff in The previous Fallout games.
was that you who posted that? That guy is awesome.
Herky

Post by Herky »

salamander wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 7:54 pm
Herky wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 7:58 pm
was that you who posted that? That guy is awesome.
I think Abe might have.
Herky

Post by Herky »

I’ve been going through his videos while playing Fallout 4. It’s good stuff.
Herky

Post by Herky »

Abe Froman wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 11:24 pm
Herky wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 11:16 am I’ve been going through his videos while playing Fallout 4. It’s good stuff.
That's what I usually do too. It's kind of perfect.
Yeah it’s good stuff especially after completing a mission then listening to some backstory on it.
Herky

Post by Herky »

Dude is a content machine. I looked up his net worth and it’s around 1 million.
Herky

Post by Herky »

Abe Froman wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 9:50 pm
Herky wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 7:33 pm Dude is a content machine. I looked up his net worth and it’s around 1 million.
It would be sort of like if Doug actually put all of his drive and energy into something interesting.
:lol: :lol:
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Let's get Tropical
salamander

Post by salamander »

Abe Froman wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 7:25 pm
Herky wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 7:11 pm
Abe Froman wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 11:24 pm

That's what I usually do too. It's kind of perfect.
Yeah it’s good stuff especially after completing a mission then listening to some backstory on it.
Can u imagine how long it must take for him to go through all of it like that? :shock:
He has to do like 4 or 5 runs to get all that. And he edits it perfectly.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Abe Froman wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 9:50 pm
Herky wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 7:33 pm Dude is a content machine. I looked up his net worth and it’s around 1 million.
It would be sort of like if Doug actually put all of his drive and energy into something interesting.
:lol: :thumbsup:
Herky

Post by Herky »

I need to get back into this. Haven't played it since March. Ran the updates already however.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

jffl_commish wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:11 pm Image
I saw you were playing, so I got on and you arent on. Damnit!

jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:16 am
jffl_commish wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:11 pm Image
I saw you were playing, so I got on and you arent on. Damnit!
We got a few in. I should be on later today/tonight again.
Let's get Tropical
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

This game came free a year and a half ago when I bought my XBOX ONE X bundle. I downloaded it with the code at the time but that was it.

Is this something I can reasonably jump into now, having never even loaded it up? I was a huge Fallout fan until they did this. I've purposefully stayed away from everything I could read about this game. Shunned it. But I'm not willing to reconsider. But is it worth it?
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Mandatory wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:35 pm This game came free a year and a half ago when I bought my XBOX ONE X bundle. I downloaded it with the code at the time but that was it.

Is this something I can reasonably jump into now, having never even loaded it up? I was a huge Fallout fan until they did this. I've purposefully stayed away from everything I could read about this game. Shunned it. But I'm not willing to reconsider. But is it worth it?
I think so. They keep adding things to it. Wastelanders was a pretty big edition. Today they released this seasons thing, not real sure what that's all about just yet.

I'd say if you were even remotely considering it, get the update downloading. That will definitely take a while to catch up.

What system do you have?
Let's get Tropical