Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Fallout 76

Video game themed message board
Tommy_Hawk

Re: Fallout 76

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Abe Froman wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:46 am
Tommy_Hawk wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:25 pm
Abe Froman wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:36 am
I'm not spending more than $25 on it. Even if the game we're I. Perfect working condition from day 1, I just don't like playing online that much, and I especially don't see myself wanting to play cooperatively with a bunch of 12 year old shitheads who take the game WAY WAY too seriously for it to even have a chance at big any fun.
Its not like that at all. The map is so enormous you dont really run in to people unless you want to. If you DO have real life friends that play, you can join each other on the same server. Once you join on a team with said friends, or anyone you want, you get bonuses, which you can "Perk-Up" by adding points to your Charisma Perk. While on this team, you dont have to be doing the same stuff to keep these bonus points. I could be way down in the Ash Heap, and you could be up in the Forest region. If you were like "Hey, come help me for a sec", then I can fast travel for free to you and I can help you with whatever you're doing then afterwards go about my business.

Seriously, most people are at different places in the story, or they are farming 'Junk', or fighting legendaries for good weapons and armor.

They have various events throughout the map. If you see people playing, you can join and fast travel there. You both get your own loot and reward when completed. If you see a bunch of high level people playing somewhere, you can fast travel to their spot. Because they are high level players, high level Scorched or Mutants(on a scale) spawn. Yeah, they are gonna be bullet sponges for you, but all you need to do is hit them once with a weak weapon, and let the other people finish them off, and you get experience and great loot. Its pretty awesome, but again, not everyone does this. Theres only like 10-15 people on a server and its a HUGE map.

I'm telling you guys, its awesome, and there's zero obligation to ever play with anyone else. Unlike RDRO, there's stuff to do, you dont hear everyone's Mic the whole time, (only if you are at close proximity), people are cool and play solo, the story is pretty good, and they constantly make updates, bug fixea, and online content. For $30 its a steal.
If I buy it and play it, it will only be long enough to get all the nuke codes, so I can drop on on you and your fort so I can take all of your shit. Then I'll go directly to GameStop and trade it in for something fun. :mrgreen:
:o

You MONSTER
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

New update today, my dudes. Im prettttty excited about it.

Im hearing some rumblings about some awesome new content coming down the road as well. FO76 keeps getting better and better

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

FALLOUT 76 - 100 DAYS, ROADMAP FOR 2019

We’ve just passed 100 days since the launch of Fallout 76!

There’s nothing like the start of something new - for you and for us, and having millions of you join us on this new adventure is humbling for our studio. Thank you for sticking with us as we figure this online experience out together, and we do mean “together.”

Thanks to your continuous feedback, we have been able to fix many of the top issues and have made numerous improvements to the game. We also make scores of changes under the hood that aren’t as visible. These include changes to improve performance, detect new exploits, and make the experience smoother for everyone. There’s still work to do, but we’re happy to report that game and server stability has increased over 300% since launch. We’re thrilled by how much everyone is playing, with an average time of 4 hours a day.

However, we know the game had a difficult launch, and we’ve made mistakes along the way. We share in your frustrations when we do. We’ll probably make a few more, and when we do, we will work to correct them as quickly as possible. Know that we’re fully dedicated to making this game the best it can be - and even more so, a platform for endless Fallout adventures for years to come.

To that end, we’re excited to announce some of the new free content we’ve been working on for Fallout 76 in 2019.

Thanks again for sticking with us. It’s a privilege to have such passionate and caring fans. We have big plans for 2019 and we’d love to hear your continued feedback on everything we’re doing. We hope you’ll keep sharing your thoughts with us on the forums, Reddit, in videos, and streams. Your voices push us to do better and your support has meant everything to us. We’ll do our best to earn it.

https://fallout.bethesda.net/en/art ... admaps

Dudes, the specifics of the roadmap are in the link. The updates look awesome. Im so glad I took a chance on this game. I can't believe no one else is playing this right now, especially this time of year. You dudes are missing out.
Last edited by Tommy_Hawk on Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I started this damn thread and I still don't even have the game. Maybe if it hits a good sale or something. I need PlayStation network then too, right?
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

jffl_commish wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:11 pm I started this damn thread and I still don't even have the game. Maybe if it hits a good sale or something. I need PlayStation network then too, right?
Yeah, you do. I already have it from RDR2, so no biggie. You can spend real money on "Atoms" for various things in the "Atom Shop" but you also earn atoms for doing certain things, i.e killing 75 Scorched, building stuff in C.A.M.P, using a Stimpak on a team member, ect.

Otherwise, you just roam the Wild Appalachia wasteland, and rebuild civilization in West Virginia, and figure out what happened to the survivors. Fun, fun game man. Think it can still be had for $30.

Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Abe Froman wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:46 pm
Tommy_Hawk wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:40 pm
jffl_commish wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:11 pm I started this damn thread and I still don't even have the game. Maybe if it hits a good sale or something. I need PlayStation network then too, right?
Yeah, you do. I already have it from RDR2, so no biggie. You can spend real money on "Atoms" for various things in the "Atom Shop" but you also earn atoms for doing certain things, i.e killing 75 Scorched, building stuff in C.A.M.P, using a Stimpak on a team member, ect.

Otherwise, you just roam the Wild Appalachia wasteland, and rebuild civilization in West Virginia, and figure out what happened to the survivors. Fun, fun game man. Think it can still be had for $30.
I might pick it up on payday next week if I can find it somewhere for $30. You better not be lying about this... OR ELSE! :pissed:

:shock:

jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

It's still $60 on playstation
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

I just checked, its $39.99 at Target

:thumbsup:

I got the PS4 used Tricentennial Edition for $50 at gamestop like a month ago ot whatever. Dont bother with that edition if you are unsure. What you get from that you can get yourself after a little while just playing.

YBBR

Post by YBBR »

There is no way I'd spend any amount of money on this game personally.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Abe Froman wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:15 pm Alright, I bought it. $25.99 on Amazon. Should arrive on Wednesday. You better not be lying to me...
Enjoy! It's kinda tough until you get to level 15. Then it opens up a bit. Pick a good character build and remain consistent with it until you get a little higher in levels. I just got done playing for a few hours, following the main storyline and I was getting worked over pretty good, but I got some sweet loot. My camp is pretty decked out so far. Spent a lot of time doing that Wednesday and Thursday.

Point is, lots of various shit to do. If you dont dedicate 900 hours of playing in two months, I think the updates from Beth will stay ahead of you.

jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Enjoy!

I think I need to pull the trigger.
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

jffl_commish wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:15 pm Enjoy!

I think I need to pull the trigger.
Honestly, my biggest gripe about it is there are no NPC's, but there are Robots, Robot Venders and Grahm (the Super Mutant and his pet Brahmin, roaming the wasteland selling rare items. It's rare to see him, but awesome when you do) that basically act like the same thing.

However, no NPC's may be a good move for two reasons:

One, because this game akes place a couple hundred years before the others, no NPC's goes along with the story. Vault 76 opens, and you are tasked with rebuilding Civilization.

Two, there are rumblings that down the road..maybe, MAYBE people (Npc's) will come back from outside Appalachia and repopulate it, Raiders, Brotherhood, Free States, Reaponders, Fire Breathers, ect.

The very idea is genius. I love it. Playing the game in mostly solitude. Wishing there were some people around like in the other games..only for them to come way later after you've been playing for a long time. Maaaan, I hope that happens.

Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Abe Froman wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:16 am
Tommy_Hawk wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:08 pm
Abe Froman wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:15 pm Alright, I bought it. $25.99 on Amazon. Should arrive on Wednesday. You better not be lying to me...
Enjoy! It's kinda tough until you get to level 15. Then it opens up a bit. Pick a good character build and remain consistent with it until you get a little higher in levels. I just got done playing for a few hours, following the main storyline and I was getting worked over pretty good, but I got some sweet loot. My camp is pretty decked out so far. Spent a lot of time doing that Wednesday and Thursday.

Point is, lots of various shit to do. If you dont dedicate 900 hours of playing in two months, I think the updates from Beth will stay ahead of you.
WHAT!? LEVEL 15???!!!

Don't worry, I'm sure you can handle it.

Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

Abe Froman wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:07 pm I'm starting to worry he's going to want something in return! Something... :o
Maybe you're just a little jaded from some bad characters you've come across over in Rdr2 world?
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Yeah, let's hope there's no hillbilly rape in this game.
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Abe Froman wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:07 pm I'm starting to worry he's going to want something in return! Something... :o
He felt sorry for your low-level ass. Be thankful, and remember to speak only when spoken to around high level players.

Plus, its fun to help low level people. You'll outgrow that stuff in no time. It's pretty common practice to find new players at Vault 76, and give them a starting-out kit because its free to fast travel there. People will also drop stuff at the Overseer's Camp stash. They know all new people get freaked out (like you :) ) when they first start playing, so they just drop in it there since you usually end up going there first. Just think of it in essence of the game: One Vault 76'er helping out another.
Last edited by Tommy_Hawk on Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:23 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

jffl_commish wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:37 pm Yeah, let's hope there's no hillbilly rape in this game.
Rumor is the hillbilly raider rape will be added later on.

jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I'll let Abe find that one out first
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I think I'm going to have to get an external hard drive added on to get this game loaded up.
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I have to delete something every time I add a game now it seems, and this one sounds pretty large for an install.
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I have 200GB free. So that should work I guess. Too bad the PlayStation store doesn't have it discounted since I have a $22 credit there. Oh well, Amazon here we come.
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

For the super mutants, maybe they haven't fully evolved yet? It's definitely a different world than we are used to.
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Alright, pulled the trigger. Should have it Saturday.

Who else plays on PS4? Can you co-op play on this one?
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

jffl_commish wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:17 pm Alright, pulled the trigger. Should have it Saturday.

Who else plays on PS4? Can you co-op play on this one?
Yeah, you can. Basically, when you see one of your online friends is playing, you can join their server. Once you are on the same server as your friend/s, you find them and ask to join their team. Once you accept team request, (works the same with a stranger you team up with) you can fast travel to each other's camps, or their location on the map.

This does not mean you have to do everything together. You can go about your business, doing whatever it is you are doing. Then lets say I find a good weapon or armor for your character or build but not mine, I can fast travel and give it to you at some point and vice versa.

Also, under 'Perks' there is a Charisma category that enhances 'team' benefits. 'Revive teammate with liquor instead of stimpaks, Revive friends faster, Share more XP, ect'. What also happens, is if Im a Level 38, and you are a Level 1, and we are playing together, harder enemies will spawn because I'm there. Some places, like the Wilderness where you begin, bad guys top out at fairly low levels, so they are still wimpy. The nice thing, is all YOU as the lower level guy has to do, is hit an enemy once to get XP, and Loot. I think we woulf both get XP as a team no matter what, you just cant take loot unless you 'help' kill them.

So, what people do is play with (not even on a team but you can) strong players, shoot strong enemies once and get XP and loot without really making a difference. This makes them level up faster. So you see large groups of players saturating certain parts of the maps where higher level enemies will spawn.

Personally, I dont do that. I just play the story. If I cant beat certain things, I'll do different events you can join to kill legendaries, get XP, Stimpaks, etc. Then I'll go try again, or go back later after I get side tracked. Sometimes if Im in an event, and so is somebody else, Ill just ask "hey, wanna go help me beat 'so-and-so if you aren't doing anything'. Then they will either say yes or no on the mic, or give a 'Thumbs-up' emotion and off we go.

The other thing to be wary about, is if you join up with a Rando, and you become teammates, you can see each other's C.A.M.P and fast travel there like I said. This is how and why you hear about dickheads blowing up people's camps, so do accept rando team invites. You can also just stumble upon camps but when you get higher level, you can build locks and shit so peiple cant mess with your stuff. You can damage walls or whatever to get in, but you cant steal anything and you get a "wanted" level so anyone can come hunt you down and kill you for Caps. In a month and a half, this has never happened to me. And if it does, just leave the server and come back and your shit will be repaired and back to normal anyways.

I play on PS4. If you want to play, my tag is : Tommy_Hawk_87

I play it traditionally mostly, so if you want to wander the wasteland finding cool shit, that's mostly what I do until I continue on the story.

jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Thanks for all the info. Greatly appreciated!

I'm threeball20 there, I think? Anyway, just sent you a request a bit ago.
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I'll likely just do the story, wander, and build. I don't usually like the online games where everyone tries to just kill each other. So I'm glad that isn't really a thing in this one.
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Abe Froman wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:45 pm Do you guys do the whole headset thing and talk to each other? I bought a decent Turtle Beach headset a few years back because Kmart decided to get out of video games. I figured $20 was more than cheap for it. But, considering I've only used it a couple times and don't even remember where I put it after we moved 3 years ago... I probably overpaid... Part of me wants to use it for a game like this, but part of me doesn't because it always just feels so fucking awkward to me to be talking to complete strangers online like that. Idk, I guess coming on here felt awkward the first few times too, and now look at me...
I dont play with the microphone on while babies bawl in the backround because I'm totally ignoring them. I mute those psychos. And I dont talk shit to people while I play. I'm on mute until I want to say something like:

"Hey dude. I have some stuff I'll drop in this bag for you. Also, go to a relay tower and play the Holo of this US Supply Requisition on the computer in there. It will drop cool stuff for you". Also, I think you can only hear people really close to you in the game, or talk openly to your teammates.

In RDRO, I use it on the free roam missions, where I can talk to the other three people playing with me like "Ill shoot the guys on the balcony, and on the horses while you start the train"

I got the $20 Turtle Beach one-ear headphone with a cheapass mic on it from Shopko. You can hear gunfire better, more directionally. You can hear scorched whispering weird creepy stuff that you cant hear off your tv.

Idk, next time you have some beers, I'd look for it. Its a semi-game changer.

jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

You don't have to worry about me with a headset as I don't have one and won't likely either.
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

I got booted last night too. Had to redo a couple things in the mission I was in the middle of. I cant remember the last time I got booted like that, all sudden-like. Sometimes it wil say 'Server not responding' and it will stall for a tad.

Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

You buys playing on XBOXONE or PS4? I got it for my XBOXONE. Might try it out if we got a thriving little community here.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong