Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Fallout 76

Video game themed message board
Tommy_Hawk

Re: Fallout 76

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Abe Froman wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:04 pm
jffl_commish wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:26 pm Thanks Tommy.

I don't have a headset, nor totally understand what I'm doing with trade and whatnot.
I must have been digging out my headset when you were playing. I found Tommy, but you'd already left. We should all play through a few quests sometime here. I've never done that before, I usually just fly solo when I'm gaming, sounds kinda fun to try something different.

So what in the hell is the deal with Alpine rivers cabins? Screaming ladies, earthquakes, holotape talking about some kinda haunting? It's weird.
Lol, yeah. I caught a door slam out of the corner of my eye, so I walked over there thinking it was a ghoul. When I opened the door....
Spoiler:
Nobody was there :shock:
Lol I think I saw a picture spin on the wall too. Cool idea for the game
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I'll have to go find that haunted cabin and take some molotov cocktails with me to torch those demons.
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Hacking really sucks in this game.
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

My character's Intelligence is in the teens and had lvl 3 hacking. I guess what that does is allow me to hack all terminals, but the high level makes it so there are fewer words to choose from. Usually there's only around six, so you get a 66% chance even if you're merely guessing.

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I just bang through the 4 tries and wait the few seconds to try again. Previous versions you could at least tell if you were close. Now it's 0 or 1 right on every try. That isn't real helpful.
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Abe Froman wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:16 am Sometimes... People in massive X-01 power armor are dicks.
This gentleman is a dick, too.

:lol:

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

So, what is the point of a workshop?
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Abe Froman wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:31 pm :thinking:

If you were to create a wall between the deathclaw, or any enemy really, and the players you trapped, couldn't you keep them trapped in definitely or until they quit and reload their game? Wouldn't the enemy keep the players from being able to fast travel?
Lol, yeah probably. You could destroy the wall, then the deathclaw or die.

jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I've been getting my ass whooped the last 2 days. I need to figure out how to upgrade my weapons and armor already, or to at least be able to create better stuff. I can still only create level 1 garbage.
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

:lol:

I have stuff to give you guys sometime. What level are you on? Or if you want, I can craft stuff too so you're not getting dominated when you're just trying to find stuff to build your C.A.M.P. Honestly, taking over Workshops and defending then against waves of Scorched/Mutants/Mongrels is a great way to level up, get stimpaks, junk, and ammo. Following the story a little bit also levels you up. There are some fun, fairly easy quests to do for you guys.

Also, to upgrade your armor/weapons, you have to get the Perk Cards, and its under 'Intelligence'.
Last edited by Tommy_Hawk on Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I've done that, and it says something about combining two cards and then it never upgrades me. I'm doing something wrong there, obviously.
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Like you crafted me the level 10 combat knife, I can only craft level 1 stuff. I haven't figured out how to boost that yet. I'm level 17 for my player level.
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Abe Froman wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:12 pm
Tommy_Hawk wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:43 pm :lol:

I have stuff to give you guys sometime. What level are you on? Or if you want, I can craft stuff too so you're not getting dominated when you're just trying to find stuff to build your C.A.M.P. Honestly, taking over Workshops and defending then against waves of Scorched/Mutants/Mongrels is a great way to level up, get stimpaks, junk, and ammo. Following the story a little bit also levels you up. There are some fun, fairly easy quests to do for you guys.

Also, to upgrade your armor/weapons, you have to get the Perk Cards, and its under 'Intelligence'.
The workshop defending is kinda fun, but then some dick with X-01 power armor skinned to look like an X-Man shows up, waves, gives you a thumbs up, and smacks you in the face with a big fucking ax and then leaves your loot bag there for you to try to come back and get over and over and over again until you just shut the fucking game off for a couple days and post on Rube Chat for a while.
Dude..I have the funniest/weirdest story about me and a workshop from Sunday night.

Also, next time you claim a workshop, you can build stuff there like you can at your CAMP. It doesn't use your CAMP budget, but the work shop has its own budget. BUT you need the junk to create that stuff, and when you leave you lose it, unlike your CAMP.

What I do, is if I go to let's say the Poseidon Wokshop so I can mine Fusion Cores. I hook a generator up to the existing Fusion Core extractor. I'll then place a Stash Box down. And the rest of the budget, I use on Turrets. I put the turrets up all over that way when the hordes (of whatever) comes, my turrets will mow them down and I complete the 'defend the workshop' quest without using my own ammo, and I get all the spoils.

The stashbox is there, so whenever I collect junk from the extractors or fusion cores, I transfer them to my stash box right away. That way if some dick head comes, I'm not out anything if he kills me. I just reapawn and let him kill me as I stand there not doing anything until he gets bored. If they destroy my shit like extractors or whateber, I leave and go somrwhere else or skip servers.

Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

jffl_commish wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:45 pm I've done that, and it says something about combining two cards and then it never upgrades me. I'm doing something wrong there, obviously.
I think what you aren't doing is pressing 'Square' when you have more then one of the same card Weaponsmith, Armorsmith, or anything really, and "Ranking Up".

jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Thanks, I'll try that tonight and see if I can figure it out. I have a couple of level ups saved as I wanted to figure that out before proceeding.
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

jffl_commish wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:41 pm Thanks, I'll try that tonight and see if I can figure it out. I have a couple of level ups saved as I wanted to figure that out before proceeding.
Yeah man. When you 'rank up', it shows the two cards of the same type combining, and goes to a level-2 card. Then you can pick the same card again, rank up, and it goes to level 3.

This applies to other cards as well. So if you like the 10mm, like you said you did for FO4, you can rank up different 'pistols' card (cant remember what they are all called). Some allow better accuracy and reloading spees, some increase damage by 10% each time.

THEN, after those are maxed out, there are "Master Pistols" so you can rank that one up three times, so your weapons you like using increase up to like 60%. So if you have a level 20 10mm pistol, that does 60 damage, it will end up doing like 95 damage after the perk up cards.

My guy is shotguns and melee, so I rank those two weapons up often, and then my Intelligence stufd is high so I can make high level weapons and armor. I have to start ranking up Melee' crafting next.

jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I figured out how to upgrade and equip cards, but that's different than level up card use? Seems weird.

My camp is near deathclaw island. I've tried a couple times to beat that damn thing. I am not ready.
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I found my first chassis and couple pieces of power armor. So that's nice I guess. Still rather confused with the leveling up system. Oh well, onward we go.
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

My stash is constantly full now. That sucks. Anything that can be done of that, short of throwing a bunch of stuff away?
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Abe Froman wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:04 pm
jffl_commish wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:49 am My stash is constantly full now. That sucks. Anything that can be done of that, short of throwing a bunch of stuff away?
Not really. You can scrap or sell you unused stuff.
Fast travel to the Overseer's Camp or Vault 76 and stash stuff there for noobies.

jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Sounds better than just dumping it. I have about 15 extra plans too.
Let's get Tropical
salamander

Post by salamander »

This game sucks unless you have people to play with.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

salamander wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:45 pm This game sucks unless you have people to play with.
How come?

jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I started what seemed to be a pretty fun mission sequence. The one with the mysterious veil thing. Well, that went from fun to getting annihilated real fast. All of the areas that quest takes you too are way too advanced for a lowly level dude like mine. Level 68 bots and super mutants aren't to be messed with. Then the massive horde of high level glowing ones are a game ender. I didn't even bother going back to collect my things after that death. Sheesh.
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

jffl_commish wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:17 pm I started what seemed to be a pretty fun mission sequence. The one with the mysterious veil thing. Well, that went from fun to getting annihilated real fast. All of the areas that quest takes you too are way too advanced for a lowly level dude like mine. Level 68 bots and super mutants aren't to be messed with. Then the massive horde of high level glowing ones are a game ender. I didn't even bother going back to collect my things after that death. Sheesh.
Some high-level must have been around and spawned those guys in there. It's a good quest.

jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:24 pm
jffl_commish wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:17 pm I started what seemed to be a pretty fun mission sequence. The one with the mysterious veil thing. Well, that went from fun to getting annihilated real fast. All of the areas that quest takes you too are way too advanced for a lowly level dude like mine. Level 68 bots and super mutants aren't to be messed with. Then the massive horde of high level glowing ones are a game ender. I didn't even bother going back to collect my things after that death. Sheesh.
Some high-level must have been around and spawned those guys in there. It's a good quest.
I hope so. It got off to a decent start.
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Abe Froman wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:33 pm
jffl_commish wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:42 pm
Tommy_Hawk wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:24 pm

I hope so. It got off to a decent start.
I ventured off into the more advanced areas of the map just to check it out. I found out real quick where the high level missions must be because my low leveled ass was running and dying a lot.

Also, I assume it's part of a quest, but why does it seem like people are only dropping nukes in the same two or three spots?

I'll have to dive back into fallout this weekend. I've been spending a lot of time messing around with my new PC, but maybe it's time to go back to the PS4 for an afternoon. I'm loving this PC thing though. My only bitch is getting used to the keyboard over a controller for games that don't support controllers. I'm assuming there is a work around for that, but I'm just figuring it all out.
One spot is part of a mission. The other ones have a lot of Legendary enemies there. They drop legendary gear. When it gets nuked, the enemies are stronger and more of them drop legendary stuff.

I guess once you finish the main questline, there's not much else to do until more DLC comes out.

jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I've made it a little further on the quest that I was working on. Now I have to infiltrate a ski lodge that is swamped with level 68 super mutants. I've gone there a couple of times and no luck getting easier enemies. Damn.
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

jffl_commish wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:36 pm I've made it a little further on the quest that I was working on. Now I have to infiltrate a ski lodge that is swamped with level 68 super mutants. I've gone there a couple of times and no luck getting easier enemies. Damn.
Yeah, that part is hard. You almost need power armor and a buddy to get through it.

jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I got that one done finally. Now I'm on to building the excavator power armor. I just need to find enough black titanium now.
Let's get Tropical