Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Fallout 76

Video game themed message board
Tommy_Hawk

Re: Fallout 76

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

I think all of us have PS4, dude. We all added each other last night.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

PS4
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

I looked and I have some Modifiers and Plans I can give to you guys.

If you attain multiples of the same kind of weapon: combat shotgun, hunting rifle, machete, fire ax, 10mm pistol, etc, you can scrap them at a work bench. In doing so, you will LEARN modifications about half the time for those weapons you scrapped.

So, if you loot four combat shotguns, and you enjoy using them, scrap three, and you will get mods you can use anytime for them. You just have to equip them at a weapons work bench. It works the same with armor.

However, you can find modifiers sitting around in different placez. Those are different then learning as in they aren't permanent. Those are best used if you have a special weapon you like of a specific type, and you can add that mod one time to that special weapon.

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:56 pm I think all of us have PS4, dude. We all added each other last night.
Fuck! I have a PS4... it's just that when I bought the XBOXONE bundle it was the Fallout 76 one.. :|
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

It sounds a lot like the last Fallout game with building up your base, doing things on the workbench, etc. Is it really that similar?
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Mandatory wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:06 pm
Tommy_Hawk wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:56 pm I think all of us have PS4, dude. We all added each other last night.
Fuck! I have a PS4... it's just that when I bought the XBOXONE bundle it was the Fallout 76 one.. :|
Guess you can't be a part of our happy little commune then. T's & P's dude :(

Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

jffl_commish wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:09 pm It sounds a lot like the last Fallout game with building up your base, doing things on the workbench, etc. Is it really that similar?
Probably. I never owned 4. I watched my buddies play it some when it first came out.

Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

No, its under "Stored" I believe, or "Blueprints".

jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Game came in today and is currently loading up!
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

jffl_commish wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:53 pm Game came in today and is currently loading up!
See you tomorrow? Ha! It took sooo long for it to download for me.

jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Yeah, got it fired up and left it. Assuming it's going to be a while. Timer on it said 4 hours.
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

It's installed and ready to go! Sadly, I have to go to work for a while. Later this afternoon it will be game on.
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Wandering around a bunch so far, finally figured out how to setup a camp, but haven't found a good spot to build a real decent one. Had some level 125 dude following me around, not sure why?

Rads are harder to get rid of and are more frequent than previous games. Weapons and ammo seem harder to come by as well.
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Why does my guy have to drink water every 5 seconds?
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

I was messin' around Friday, clearing out my stash box, organizing, ect. I dropped all my weapons that I use regularly into a bag, so I could clear everything out.

I wandered to the Overseer's camp to dump a bunch of high level stuff that I outgrew, from there I got caught up in some other stuff. Eventually I logged off, forgetting to pick up my loot bag with all my stuff.

Now I'm without. Shit.

Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Abe Froman wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:46 am I shot Tommy in the back of the head twice last night. I know that sounds kinda dirty, but I'm just going to leave it this way.

Seriously though... the first time I was surrounded by ghouls or scourchers and unloading my clip on them just trying to stay alive... Then, just as I kill the last one, bursting through the door heroically to save the day is Tommy! So I shot him in the back of the head...

Later that night, I'm getting my ass kicked by super mutants who actually look like super mutants. I think there are different versions in this game cause these ones were pretty big and tough to kill. I get killed 3 times, but I'm not giving up. I keep going back for my beating. Then all of the sudden this yellow streak flashes in front of me and takes out a mutant. I pop a few rounds into the mutant right in front of me, and then it goes down too... a little too quickly. THE YELLOW FLASH BOLTS IN FRONT OF ME AGAIN!!! So, I shoot it.

It was Tommy again.

:lol:
Yes, this is all true. All of that heroism just to give Abe my hand-me-downs.

Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

jffl_commish wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:24 pm Why does my guy have to drink water every 5 seconds?
Radworms? Check your status in VATS, and see if you have a disease that makes you run through Water or Food.

Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Abe Froman wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:51 am
Tommy_Hawk wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:37 am
Abe Froman wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:46 am I shot Tommy in the back of the head twice last night. I know that sounds kinda dirty, but I'm just going to leave it this way.

Seriously though... the first time I was surrounded by ghouls or scourchers and unloading my clip on them just trying to stay alive... Then, just as I kill the last one, bursting through the door heroically to save the day is Tommy! So I shot him in the back of the head...

Later that night, I'm getting my ass kicked by super mutants who actually look like super mutants. I think there are different versions in this game cause these ones were pretty big and tough to kill. I get killed 3 times, but I'm not giving up. I keep going back for my beating. Then all of the sudden this yellow streak flashes in front of me and takes out a mutant. I pop a few rounds into the mutant right in front of me, and then it goes down too... a little too quickly. THE YELLOW FLASH BOLTS IN FRONT OF ME AGAIN!!! So, I shoot it.

It was Tommy again.

:lol:
Yes, this is all true. All of that heroism just to give Abe my hand-me-downs.
And shot in the back of the head. :lol:

I seriously thought you were another wastelander trying to kill me!
Haha, yeah. I forgot half the stuff I wanted to give you the first time you shot me in the head. Then I got to you the second time, thinking all was clear because you claimed the workshop. I hear gunfire upon arrival, look up at the stairwell and see movement, so I nonchalantly head up there thinking it's Abe.

I make it about 15 feet before I run into a wall of Super Mutants totally unprepared. I had to retreat, hide a little bit until I could get out my power armor, and climb into it, all the while getting pulverized pretty good by their automatic pipe rifles.

As soon as I got it equipped, the tide turned and it was ass-whoopin' time. I wipe out all of Abe's adversaries, get to the top of the platform, only to be shot in the head by Abe...again. :lol:

I was like "Damn dude, you had a lot of mutants down there. Anyway, here you go :thumbsup: "

Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Abe Froman wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:44 pm
Tommy_Hawk wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:10 pm
jffl_commish wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:24 pm Why does my guy have to drink water every 5 seconds?
Radworms? Check your status in VATS, and see if you have a disease that makes you run through Water or Food.
Yeah, you have dysentery or Radworms. My guess is dysentery. I had it right away and it was annoying as hell. Gotta boil water as often as possible, and stay away from raw or spoiled meat. The cook station matters more in this game than in fallout 4.
Yes. Also, eventually you get the 'Water Purifier' Plans and you can set some up at your CAMP. The small ones put out 2 purified water max, that you have to take before it will generate two more.

You can build larger ones that put out a larger maximum if your C.A.M.P has access to some water source. Mine does not, so I roll with a couple purifiers. Purified water does not give you rads either. Something to think abouy when selecting a good C.A.M.P spot. Also, you can set up 'extractors' if you see different deposits throughout the map. They are identical to the ones you see at 'workshops' only they are permanently yours if you build your camp around them. However, i haven't found any that are also conjoined to a water source so you have to pick your pro's and con's. Steel, junk, and nuclear are pretty solid to set camp up to. Also, you can craft those ores into 'Bulk-whatever' through a chemistry station and sell it to vender bots at for caps at all the Vendor locations.The same is true for Purified water, if you end up with extra. Or you can always trade that stuff to other players.

My brother is high level on Xbox, so I never play with him, but when I was at his house watching him play a month ago, he has his CAMP set up on a steel vein. He likes that because its easy for him to repair his shit without having to search for 'steel junk' and then scrap it. Of course, steel is common, but in his setup, he doesn't have to waste time looking for it, he just has it inside his place. Lots and lots of options and variables you can partake in, my dudes.

jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

In the earlier releases of the game where it's even many years later, how is the food still good? Meaning the Sugar Bombs, Blamo Mac & Cheese, etc.... 300 years after the war and you can still eat that stuff?
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I didn't get to play much yesterday, but I did check my stats and didn't see anything to make my dude thirsty.
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

jffl_commish wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:47 am In the earlier releases of the game where it's even many years later, how is the food still good? Meaning the Sugar Bombs, Blamo Mac & Cheese, etc.... 300 years after the war and you can still eat that stuff?
No doubt. That's why I stick to a strictly carnivore diet--radroach steaks, mutt chops, and every once in awhile a deathclaw omelet.

I'm not a rich wastelander like Abe is though..eating off his yellow plates.

jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I'm definitely not fancy enough for yellow plates. I can eat off of a red plate like no ones business though.
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Do you do many of those community event things? I've done a couple, but they seem annoying and like a giant waste of ammo.

I have an ok-ish camp, but not real thrilled at the location. I'm on a stream but there isn't enough water to install a purifier, so off to find somewhere else I guess.

Speaking of ammo, I run out, a lot. I hardly ever had to use melee weapons in the old games, that's about all I'm using now. Even making my own ammo doesn't seem to last long as there isn't enough lead/gunpowder around to properly supply.

Armor blows. I really need to hunt something down that is better than the leather stuff. Every time he gets in a big fight I have to roll through stims to survive.

My dude still has to drink water too damn often. That is bugging me.
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Okayyy, where to begin here. Do the "Leader of the Pack" event up by Tyler Co Fair Grounds. It costs caps to join,( all of them do I believe) and its easy enough for low level guys. You have to clear out a few packs of wimpy wolves. One of the wolves in one of the packs is a Legendary. He will usually drop a low level legendary armor or weapon thats perfect foe you guys i.e-- "The Mutant Slayer Pitchfork" Supet Mutants take 20% more damage. Or armor would be "Mutants damage reduced 20%".

Killing the easy wolves, you will receive caps back, stimpaks, ammo, and the legendary wolf will drop (usually, but not aleays) a low level legendary item. They also drop wolf meat and you get good recipes foe that. They are good HP fillers.

The teacup one is low level, the plant one up north is low level, the airport one is easy. However, I think the "Leader of the PACK" is the only low level one that has a Legendary enemy.

Do the Responders questline which you find during the "Overseers" thing. You get the pump from that I believe, and learn how to boil water after you pump.

When you yake over work shops, and then defend them, you get a lot of the same stuff as you do doing an event--Stimpaks, Ammo, Mats, Plans, Water, etc. So get those if you just want more first aid stuff.

You CAMP budget may be e
Affected by your "turrets". Those take up a TON of your budget. Also, I think you budget may grow as you level up. Also, check your "stored" folder; if you have shit stored in there you arent using, it counts towards your budget.

Yes, many guns in the game are nerfed, ESPECIALLY energy weapons. Everyone is bitching about it so I think Beth have said they will adjust it. Put perk points into Preception and Agility categories depending on if ypu are gonna do Shotguns, Rifles, Pistols, Heavy, ect. That will help. But yes, Melee is the best right away.

I will play tonight, so Ill come check out your spot. Thanks for the invite Abe. If you guys want to team up, Ill follow you guys around doing whatever you do, and you can tag enemies and get the sane XP and Loot even if I do most of the heavy lifting.

jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I should be around tonight, unless the gal wants to watch some more GOT.
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

:thumbsup:

I should be on for awhile tonight. I have the rest of the week off. If you guys see me online, come join my server or vice versa. I have a couple water purifiers and pump you guys can use to stock up on boiled/purified.

jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

What does one do with a claimed workshop?

Also, I picked up a mutation; scaly skin. -50 AP, +50 energy resist, +50 damage resist. I'm thinking of just keeping it.
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Thanks Tommy.

I don't have a headset, nor totally understand what I'm doing with trade and whatnot.
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I found a headset to work too. Definitely makes the team thing better.

Never been to those cabins?
Let's get Tropical