Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Fallout 76

Video game themed message board
jffl_commish

Re: Fallout 76

Post by jffl_commish »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:53 pm
jffl_commish wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:55 pm Some of the houses people make are really incredible. I went around to a bunch today just checking them out. Found one vendor one that was selling everything for $1, so I loaded up on the plans and recipes he had.
Nice! Some people are way over priced on their wares. Its almost like they hope one sucker overpays, and it will cover them for awhile.

If I was starting out again, I'd build a CAMP and put down a bunch of water purifiers. Then I would go to the vendor in Flatwoods, or any train station (they all have vendors) and theb sellthe purified water for $4 a piece along with all the pipe pistols and hunting rifles you get.

If you're on for a couple hours, keep going back to your camp and accumulate the max purified water every hour so they refill and before you log off go sell them. Sell your drugs too. They are mostly unnecessary early on. Then in a few days you should have some caps to work with, to buy a bunch more cheap plans and loot to help you out along your travels through the Wastelands.
What's the deal with the legendary exchanger deal? I've sold a couple of items there that I'll never use. Never seen anything for sale in it.
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

jffl_commish wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:05 pm
Tommy_Hawk wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:53 pm
jffl_commish wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:55 pm Some of the houses people make are really incredible. I went around to a bunch today just checking them out. Found one vendor one that was selling everything for $1, so I loaded up on the plans and recipes he had.
Nice! Some people are way over priced on their wares. Its almost like they hope one sucker overpays, and it will cover them for awhile.

If I was starting out again, I'd build a CAMP and put down a bunch of water purifiers. Then I would go to the vendor in Flatwoods, or any train station (they all have vendors) and theb sellthe purified water for $4 a piece along with all the pipe pistols and hunting rifles you get.

If you're on for a couple hours, keep going back to your camp and accumulate the max purified water every hour so they refill and before you log off go sell them. Sell your drugs too. They are mostly unnecessary early on. Then in a few days you should have some caps to work with, to buy a bunch more cheap plans and loot to help you out along your travels through the Wastelands.
What's the deal with the legendary exchanger deal? I've sold a couple of items there that I'll never use. Never seen anything for sale in it.
There's a place, way off to the East in 'The Bog'. If you grind your legendaries for 'Scrip' at any train station, you can go to that train station and use 'Scrip' to buy a random legendary item.

If you have a 1-Star legendary you get like 3 Scrip, a 2 star is like 9, and a three star is worth 15. That's for weapons. Armor is worth a little less.

Sometimes you'll see people selling legendaries for $100, $200, or $300 in their machines that people buy to use for Scrip. You can see how much Scrip you have by going into your Pipboy and its all the way right on the 'Item' tab.

Here is where you pay Scrip for random legendaries: if you see a CAMP nearby, just run your weak ass to Berkeley Springs so you can fast travel anytime. The vendor is called "The Purveyor".

Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I wish we could post pictures directly here. I found a dudes place and he's got "Epstein didn't kill himself" in neon letters on the outside of his house. lol
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I don't remember having such issues with resources last time around. I'm really low on wood even in this one.

One thing I liked about Fallout 4's camp building better is the ability to clean up your site and junk all of that stuff out.
Let's get Tropical
Herky

Post by Herky »

I needed nearly a 3 hour update to the game and I have high speed internet.

Who here plays on XBOX I'm down to play.
Herky

Post by Herky »

jffl_commish wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:17 pm
Herky wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:26 pm
jffl_commish wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:53 pm Herky, what system do you have?
Xbox One is what I bought it for.
Too bad, I have a PS4. It'd be fun to get a few of us together to take down some stuff, higher level dude help the newbs, that sort of thing.
Yeah Xbox One is my main gaming console. I use my PS4 for exclusives only. I'm an achievement whore on Xbox and try to add to my gamer score.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Herky wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:40 am I needed nearly a 3 hour update to the game and I have high speed internet.

Who here plays on XBOX I'm down to play.
I'm pretty sure Tommy is. I've played with him before when he was playing it on the PS4.
Let's get Tropical
Herky

Post by Herky »

Played for a bit last night. Someone gave me a set of pocketed leather armor and a bunch of loot which was awesome. I did a few objectives and killed all those farmhand robots. Ran tests on water. I died a lot and called for help but nobody came. Always got my look back though after respawning.

Where is your he best place to build a camp? I haven’t don’t that yet.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Herky wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:58 am Played for a bit last night. Someone gave me a set of pocketed leather armor and a bunch of loot which was awesome. I did a few objectives and killed all those farmhand robots. Ran tests on water. I died a lot and called for help but nobody came. Always got my look back though after respawning.

This map kind of shows you were all the resources and things are.

https://fo76map.com/

I have my camp built right now on the river so I can collect purified water, and has a junk pile on it so I can constantly mine junk for scrap. It's kind of about finding a spot that works for you, and has something you mine for resources as well. I'd say don't spend too much time and resources building your first camp as you'll likely move it. Granted, the things you have already built you'll get at the next spot, so more so on the house itself as that will likely change the second time around.
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Also, go a ways away from the Vault. Being that you can fast travel to your home and to the vault for free, if you space them out it helps save costs as you navigate the map.
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Abe Froman wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:17 am
Herky wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:58 am Played for a bit last night. Someone gave me a set of pocketed leather armor and a bunch of loot which was awesome. I did a few objectives and killed all those farmhand robots. Ran tests on water. I died a lot and called for help but nobody came. Always got my look back though after respawning.

I have 2 spots in that game I've really liked. One was on the cliff edge at the top of the map, north of Aronholt homestead. I just liked how I could build a 5 story camp using the cliffs, and easily defend it because of the elevation.

The other, and probably even better location was on a cliff edge just north of I believe Sutton. There's a cave in the cliff that goes back a ways, and you can build in and around it. It was sort of a bitch to get the flooring in the cave to work, but once I did, it was pretty fucking cool.
That's a badass spot! I saw somebody had their camp there when I was shopping, and was blown away. Good find on your part Abe.

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

When you die, you lose your 'junk' but theres a skull and crossbones on the map so you can go back and get it unless another player is in the area and takes it. They have to approach the indistinguishable brown paper bag though.

My GT is: Lavos Jr on XBox if you want to play. I think I have some low level legendary stuff you can have.

They had legendary Christmas Scorch running around at Christmas time that would drop presents and legendary items, so I got a bunch of stuff out of it.

Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Abe Froman wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:41 pm
Tommy_Hawk wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:34 pm
Abe Froman wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:17 am

I have 2 spots in that game I've really liked. One was on the cliff edge at the top of the map, north of Aronholt homestead. I just liked how I could build a 5 story camp using the cliffs, and easily defend it because of the elevation.

The other, and probably even better location was on a cliff edge just north of I believe Sutton. There's a cave in the cliff that goes back a ways, and you can build in and around it. It was sort of a bitch to get the flooring in the cave to work, but once I did, it was pretty fucking cool.
That's a badass spot! I saw somebody had their camp there when I was shopping, and was blown away. Good find on your part Abe.
I should start playing again. I need to level up so I can explore more of the map. My whole deal with fallout games is being able to explore, but in order to do that in normal fallout games, I lower the difficulty. I know people frown upon this shit, but I'm not really in it for the competition. I just enjoy the sandbox.
At a certain point you run out of stuff to do until Beth adds more, so exploring and helping lower levels out and trading in their ingame market is about all there is to do. Im always finding cool stuff. Dead Vault dwellers in outhouse shitters and weird graves, and dudes in fridges from Raiders.

Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Abe Froman wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:53 pm
Tommy_Hawk wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:49 pm
Abe Froman wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:41 pm
I should start playing again. I need to level up so I can explore more of the map. My whole deal with fallout games is being able to explore, but in order to do that in normal fallout games, I lower the difficulty. I know people frown upon this shit, but I'm not really in it for the competition. I just enjoy the sandbox.
At a certain point you run out of stuff to do until Beth adds more, so exploring and helping lower levels out and trading in their ingame market is about all there is to do. Im always finding cool stuff. Dead Vault dwellers in outhouse shitters and weird graves, and dudes in fridges from Raiders.
Do you ever watch that Oxhorn guy on youtube that does all of the fallout lore videos? I can't claim to be a huge fan of his, but it is sometimes fun to put it on for some background noise while I'm playing a little New Vegas or something. That dude is thorough, holy shit, but some of it's pretty interesting if you like getting the back story on things. How one letter in some cave somewhere explains what happened to a couple of dead people in an abandoned house all the way on the other side of the map. Shit that I probably wouldn't even put 2 and 2 together on even if I did find it.
No, I'll check it out. I used to read all the books in Oblivion because I was a big book nerd, and wanted to be a videogame lore book writer in college. Anyway, I grew out of it by Skyrim.

Some of the Missions and Holotapes in FO76 are well done, and get you in the feels. Like the kid's holotape in the church by the Kanawha Cemetery. Ooof!

jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Anyone playing on PS4 these days down for a little teaming up and fucking shit up?
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

jffl_commish wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:45 pm Anyone playing on PS4 these days down for a little teaming up and fucking shit up?
Yes.

jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I'm going to move my camp today to try for some good resources. I think I'd like to keep a junk pile like I have now as I never have enough adhesive. I'd also like to find a spot so I can mine for something else as well. What else? Lead? Aluminum? Acid? Or just stick with water like I have now?
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I found a spot on the map that looks like it has lead and acid close enough together to mine, and is fairly close to an ultracite fissure as well. That might be the spot! I'll go check it out in a bit.
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Note to self: stay away from the ultracite locations for at least another 20 levels (I'm currently 25). The scorched and scorched beast in those areas are way too tough.
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

jffl_commish wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:04 pm I found a spot on the map that looks like it has lead and acid close enough together to mine, and is fairly close to an ultracite fissure as well. That might be the spot! I'll go check it out in a bit.
What did you find? Without an extractor how do you plan on getting the lead out (no Zeppelin) or acid? I think you can walk over and snag some daily, but its nil compared to if your CAMP is there.

I've been going through different gyms for barbells to get lead myself for ammo. Vaultec University, the Fire Station in the Ash Heap, and the gym at the lodge by Flatwoods are the three places I know about. I got a sweet legendary Handmade Rifle, but it takes 5.56 which is hard to find/buy from vendors.

Last night I went to a high level area to do an event, and some guy came and helped. He basically let me shoot the hordes once, then he would kill them in one shot. I got a bunch of good stuff, and leveled up a like 4 levels afterwards when he let me follow him around.

jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:31 pm
jffl_commish wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:04 pm I found a spot on the map that looks like it has lead and acid close enough together to mine, and is fairly close to an ultracite fissure as well. That might be the spot! I'll go check it out in a bit.
What did you find? Without an extractor how do you plan on getting the lead out (no Zeppelin) or acid? I think you can walk over and snag some daily, but its nil compared to if your CAMP is there.

I've been going through different gyms to get lead myself for ammo. I got a sweet legendary Handmade Rifle, but it takes 5.56 which is hard to find/buy from vendors.

Last night I went to a high level area to do an event, and some guy came and helped. He basically let me shoot the hordes once, then he would kill them in one shot. I got a bunch of good stuff, and leveled up a like 4 levels afterwards when he let me follow him around.
I was looking at it to move my camp there, but no luck. The lead and acid weren't close enough together, and there's a scorched beast always hanging around the ultracite fissures. So, my camp remains along the river in the west for now.

Heading out to the east of the map is brutal. I'm level 25 and kept running into level 50ish scorched, and level 68 mutants.

I had a guy give me a cool gun, but it's a level 45 so I won't be able to use that for a while yet. I really need to get some serious armor upgrades. Leather just doesn't hold up out in the world.
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

jffl_commish wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:39 pm

I've been going through different gyms to get lead myself for ammo. I got a sweet legendary Handmade Rifle, but it takes 5.56 which is hard to find/buy from vendors.

I was looking at it to move my camp there, but no luck. The lead and acid weren't close enough together, and there's a scorched beast always hanging around the ultracite fissures. So, my camp remains along the river in the west for now.

Heading out to the east of the map is brutal. I'm level 25 and kept running into level 50ish scorched, and level 68 mutants.

I had a guy give me a cool gun, but it's a level 45 so I won't be able to use that for a while yet. I really need to get some serious armor upgrades. Leather just doesn't hold up out in the world.
Yeah. Like I said, sometimes higher level players spawn higher level enemies and they stay in those areas long after the players leave. But there are tough guys in those areas as well.

My CAMP on Playstation is just south of Arkos Pharmacy, on a cliff, and has acid pile. That guy is more melee so I dont even really use the acid very much. I saw some guy's CAMP by Top of the World had a lead extractor. He locked it so I couldn't snag any, lol.

jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:43 pm

Yeah. Like I said, sometimes higher level players spawn higher level enemies and they stay in those areas long after the players leave. But there are tough guys in those areas as well.

My CAMP on Playstation is just south of Arkos Pharmacy, on a cliff, and has acid pile. That guy is more melee so I dont even really use the acid very much. I saw some guy's CAMP by Top of the World had a lead extractor. He locked it so I couldn't snag any, lol.
I've been hitting player vendor shops a lot, looking for deals. Every now and then I find one that is selling most stuff for $1 so I load up and resell that stuff, or at least try to. I got a couple of level 50 alien blasters and ammo for cheap. No one has bought those yet. It's fun checking out other players homes too. Some of those are just crazy. I have sooooo many plans left to find. No clue where to even go. I buy all of them that I can, that are cheap anyway.
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

jffl_commish wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:53 pm

I've been hitting player vendor shops a lot, looking for deals. Every now and then I find one that is selling most stuff for $1 so I load up and resell that stuff, or at least try to. I got a couple of level 50 alien blasters and ammo for cheap. No one has bought those yet. It's fun checking out other players homes too. Some of those are just crazy. I have sooooo many plans left to find. No clue where to even go. I buy all of them that I can, that are cheap anyway.
Yeah, its fun! Remember last year a player had little chance of getting that stuff because you had to trade directly with people or buy from an expensive vendor bot. I love when I'm off doing something and suddenly I hear the cash register sound, and seeing somebody bought something from me.

jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:04 pm

Yeah, its fun! Remember last year a player had little chance of getting that stuff because you had to trade directly with people or buy from an expensive vendor bot. I love when I'm off doing something and suddenly I hear the cash register sound, and seeing somebody bought something from me.
Adhesive is my biggest problem. I'm always running out of that.
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

jffl_commish wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:09 pm
Tommy_Hawk wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:04 pm

Adhesive is my biggest problem. I'm always running out of that.
I have a bunch you can have. Let me know the next time you are playing.

Herky

Post by Herky »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:35 pm

When you die, you lose your 'junk' but theres a skull and crossbones on the map so you can go back and get it unless another player is in the area and takes it. They have to approach the indistinguishable brown paper bag though.

My GT is: Lavos Jr on XBox if you want to play. I think I have some low level legendary stuff you can have.

They had legendary Christmas Scorch running around at Christmas time that would drop presents and legendary items, so I got a bunch of stuff out of it.
:thumbsup: I'll add you on Xbox. Played a little bit more last night and had fun. Currently a Level 5. My camp sucks but it's near a stream. Seemed to be a lot of low level people on last night and nobody wanted to run missions so I just did stuff alone.

Herkyalert is my gamertag for Xbox.
Herky

Post by Herky »

I drank the Nukashine and ended up way out near some burn zone. So I decided to explore. That was a BAD idea. Here I am a level 6 and I ran into a bunch of level 24 and 26 enemies. Plus I got greedy at some army outpost I found and was over cumbered. Died a bunch of times but got my loot back each time and made my way back to an area where there were people. Scrapped my junk and fast traveled to my camp to find four level 5 Super Mutants wandering in my camp. I killed two then died. Called for help and there were people not far from my but they never came.

I'm getting my ass kicked right now.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Yeah, it's tough early on. The further out you get away from center gets harder and harder. Higher level enemies, etc. I'm struggling with that yet at level 25. I keep pushing towards the outskirts and keep getting annihilated by a damn scorch beast or level 68 super mutants.
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

I moved my CAMP on PS4, and I hate it. I like the location and everything but the setup sucks, and I've been messing around with that for the last day. I'm running out of materials, and I have to leave and come back and leave and come back. I just want to explore, and snag some legendaries.

Work on your Perks, and figure out what type of character you want, or at least what weapons you want to specialize in. Add perks to that, and it will help you in fights by multiplying shotgun/rifle/melee damage.